Genesis 1 MorphForms +

DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,247
edited February 2021 in Freebies

Genesis 1 MorphForms + is a small set of additional Pose dials for Genesis 1. They don't add shapes, they simply provide a global slider on the Actor level for ease of tweaking animations. Let's explain:

I enjoy using BVH or aniBlock motion data to at least get my animations close to how I need them, then tweak them from there with some good ol' hand key-frame animation techniques.

Well after finding myself constantly in the graph editor in either Daz Studio or Carrara to change the global bend of certain skeletal joints, I decided to make pose-morph dials so that I could achieve the same effect easily with the turn of a dial. It's completely non-destructive and doesn't add any shapes or overhead, just a few helpful global bend and twist options to assist with poses and animations.

For more information and to download, please visit the Genesis 1 MorphForms + page

Post edited by Dartanbeck on

Comments

• access denied Dart broken heart

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,247
    edited February 2021

Genesis Parameters Tab

> Pose

Arms

• Arms Twist - twists both arms

Torso

• Neck Bend - bends only the neck
    • Chest Bend
    • Abdomen Bend
    • Abdomen 2 Bend
    • Torso Slump - bends chest and abdomen 2 opposite each other

All dials work for postive and negative bends

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • The site will not let anyone download

Friggin' Google.

Try now

Okay, I just tried it in an incognito window without signing into anything and it works.

It's in DropBox now. 

***The DropBox Sign In/ Sign Up message will appear. You may ignore it and still use the download link. In my browser (Chrome) it's in the upper right - a downward arrow icon

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Tks so much, works like a charmyes

My pleasure!

Yeah, I need to make these bends All the Time, so I thought I'd add them to the pose dials. Then after seeing how wonderfully they work for globally tweaking my own animations, I figured I'd share them with the world. 

For those wondering what I mean by "Globally":

Classic Example

Let's say I apply an aniBlock (but could just as easily be a Pose file) and I decide that I don't want my character standing so straight - I want him to hunch over a bit, and I want to be able to adjust just tis hunch throughout the whole animation without havig to go in and delete keys and edit them manually.

With these, I can use the dials to hunch the torso and then lift the head a bit with the neck bend, and it will make the adjustments 'Globally' across the whole animation. But I can go down the timeline and make tweaks, which will create new key frames for these dials, but the values of the original remain intact*, so I can tweak these values however I want throught the time of the animation - even add a little extra movement at the end if I want to extend it a bit.

* when I say that it keeps the original joint data intact, I should really explain that, since these are joint bend controler dials, they will actually make changes to the bends on the actual joints in question, but if we want them back to the original state, all we need to do is to Zero these dials and we're back to the original data.