[Released] ROG Fantasy Home: Entrance + Furniture Set Products [Commercial]

Comments

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,308

WOW!  Standing by to transfer funds.

• My Red Crow Inn set's about to have a reading room! :D

• Money has been set aside for this. Can't wait!!
  • It's OUT!!!, And in my cart laugh completely!

• must turn my phone on and raid my maxisaver, who needs a fridge anyway cheeky

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,311

Both sets went into my shopping cart so fast they left scorch marks on my browser.  I eagerly await further releases in this series. 

Cheers,

Alex.

• NathNath Posts: 2,713

Mine!!! Precioussss!!!!! Mine!!!!

(now be a dull girl and to work... no playtime until tonight... *sigh*)

• Thanks for the interest!

@alexhcowley - next one coming up soon :)

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,843

How is it with VRAM usage in iray, when using both room and the props?

Looks gorgeous, so I will probably buy it, anyway...

• Looking forward to see the results from endless possibilities :)

@Artini - It should do a lot better than the Red Crow Inn for sure. That aside, I upgraded to a 3090 card a few months ago, but interior renders were never reaching 8GB VRAM usage and I don't think Iray was compressing much, or anything, since there was plenty of VRAM available with the new card.

Things are instanced where it makes sense and the Product's render settings include a button to turn instance optimization for Iray on and off to save memory if necessary, plus textures are as optimized as possible too.

If you get it, also remember to just delete the exterior if you're using the included scenes with lighting, if you're doing interior render. Can always load the exterior back in separately with the included Exterior scene subset.

New products for the house will mostly reuse all the architectural textures for the interior and exterior for the most part, too. Trying to keep things as tight as possible, memory wise.

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

What about a door for exterior renders? Did I miss it? Otherwise just better and better!

• @fastbike1 - There's a door that opens but there's no exterior on that side as it's meant to connect to the hallways, which in turn allow you to connect more rooms and an entrance.  

• rrwardrrward Posts: 556

What hill are you using in your exterior promo images? Can't have a propper house without a propper hill.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Gorgeous work as always! 

• Eggs ActlyEggs Actly Posts: 168
    edited February 2021

ROGHagredBook.jpg
    4000 x 3000 - 4M
    Post edited by Eggs Actly on

Strangefate said:

Looking forward to see the results from endless possibilities :)

@Artini - It should do a lot better than the Red Crow Inn for sure. That aside, I upgraded to a 3090 card a few months ago, but interior renders were never reaching 8GB VRAM usage and I don't think Iray was compressing much, or anything, since there was plenty of VRAM available with the new card.

Things are instanced where it makes sense and the Product's render settings include a button to turn instance optimization for Iray on and off to save memory if necessary, plus textures are as optimized as possible too.

If you get it, also remember to just delete the exterior if you're using the included scenes with lighting, if you're doing interior render. Can always load the exterior back in separately with the included Exterior scene subset.

New products for the house will mostly reuse all the architectural textures for the interior and exterior for the most part, too. Trying to keep things as tight as possible, memory wise.

Thanks a lot for such a detailed explanation. You are really a master of creating beautiful assets. Keep them coming.

My graphics card has only 8 GB of VRAM, so that is my concern. Besides that, Windows 10 Pro take also significant amount of it.

I have to buy the new computer first, to begin thinking about the new RTX 3090 card and it will not happen anytime soon.

• a quick Filament Video

I may do a better one with Dforced clothes and expressions eventually wink

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,308
    edited February 2021

My first stab at an idea I had while trying to think of things to do with this other than recreate the (STUNNING) Promo shots.  I tell ya, this set is worth it at TWICE the price. SO MUCH attention to detail and things to look at and angles to shoot from. AMAZING!

Happy Dragon Hearth - 3D Render

Still a work in progress, but this is it so far.

DS_Happy_Dragon_Hearth_3D_Erik_Pedersen.jpg
    3440 x 1440 - 383K
    Post edited by Gogger on
  • DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

My first play, looks like Gogger and I had close to the same idea lol.

RelaxingbytheFire022021TM.jpg
    3258 x 1858 - 3M
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155

Artini said:

How is it with VRAM usage in iray, when using both room and the props?

Looks gorgeous, so I will probably buy it, anyway...

I rendered it successfully with a 6 GB graphics card. 

• yes, Strangefate and Rougey have reduced texture resolution versions and optimised render settings for all their sets too, this one is also considerably lighter in wireframe mode than the bedroom or inn and both those fit easily on my 6GB 980ti.

Oh, great. Thanks for the checking out.

• Nice renders so far, dragons seem to go well with the fireplace, or in it even. I suppose it makes a good dragon house, Fire proof and all that.

@Eggs Actly - A vampire looking to improve his diet with Dragon blood ?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155

rrward said:

What hill are you using in your exterior promo images? Can't have a propper house without a propper hill.

@rrward I created those images while beta testing the Fantasy Home. I created the terrain in UltraScenery with a hand drawn terrain height map to make the hill. I set the Max Altitude to 8. The map is attached, if you want to try it. I put the hill and house in the corner of the terrain square, because I used a river feature that flattens the nearby land.

Fantasy House in Hillside Settings.jpg
    802 x 617 - 472K
    Fantasy House in Hillside.png
    1862 x 1863 - 412K
  • rrwardrrward Posts: 556

barbult said:

rrward said:

@rrward I created those images while beta testing the Fantasy Home. I created the terrain in UltraScenery with a hand drawn terrain height map to make the hill. I set the Max Altitude to 8. The map is attached, if you want to try it. I put the hill and house in the corner of the terrain square, because I used a river feature that flattens the nearby land.

Thank you.

• LintonLinton Posts: 541

Purchased, thank you for this amazing set and props

• Eggs ActlyEggs Actly Posts: 168
    edited February 2021

Still playin' araound with this amazing product :)

ROGHomeDolbMoonlight.jpg
    5333 x 3000 - 7M
    Post edited by Eggs Actly on
  • PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633

Samwise gamgee, have you been eavesdropping!

I've been dropping no eaves, sir!

I love these renders!

I have bought only the props, but some of them are really heavy on my computer.

It significantly slows down the operation of Daz Studio, but I still like them.

• Just entered this one in the PC+ contest. So much fun with this set.