[Released] ROG Fantasy Home: Entrance + Furniture Set Products [Commercial]

Comments

• Lothar WeberLothar Weber Posts: 1,611

Strangefate said:

@Lothar Weber - Don't give me ideas we'll all regret !

laugh 

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,236

why cant all PA's be as good as you lol!

I wish all stuff looked like this (i dont mean the theme/genre, i mean the quality of the models/textures)

• StrangeFateStrangeFate Posts: 758

Added info and promos to main posts for the soon coming, Fantasy Home: Hallways !

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,311

I will be ready and waiting. 

Cheers,

Alex.

• BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 74

@Strangefate The new promos for the Hallways look amazing! I love all the little details. Like the ladybug and frog painted rocks, they are really cute. ^^ The furniture is beautiful, the details on it are exquisite and there are even more books! It's really nice to see the promos showing what's included. I really appreciate that you decided to reate presets for each interior using different furniture sets. It makes your products so much more versatile. I really like how the Hallways look furnished using the Large Room Furniture set. Will we see the Large Room furnished with the Hallways furniture, or is it too small a set? I'm really curious how it would look. It would be interesting to see a mixed preset too... I'm really looking forward to the release and to your next product. I cannot wait for you to share the sneak peek of what you are working on right now. :)

@BlueFox - Glad you like it :) ...doing all the different furniture scenes was quite a lot of work!

So, the idea is to reuse every 'Fantasy Home' furniture set in all the different rooms we make for the Fantasy Home. Some rooms (kitchen, entrance) and some sets (kitchen, entrance, hallways(?)) might be a bit too unique or too small or just laking some basic furniture (chair, table) to decently decorate a room.

That said, we didn't think the Living room would work well in the Hallways either, and maybe having sofas and tables there *IS* weird, but it does look good so, we'll always try to make them work when possible.

We thought about mixed presets too but the problem with those was I figured that the more Products you need for something, the fewer people can use it.

We have been talking about doing a final 'Fantasy Home' product at the end, when all rooms and Furniture sets are done, that would add (among other things), Scene subsets decorating the rooms mixing all furniture sets, but that would depend of how well the products do.

• SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,507

You are the best PA here. The quality of your products is amazing; like the kind of creations you see on Artstation, and you prove something I've believed for quite a while - that good textures make all the difference.   :)

Hallways are out!

@SnowSultan - Textures are always more important than the models. A good texture can make a mediocre model look good, or a great model look bad :)

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,158

Congratulations and completing them and getting them to market. I expect to see them in What's Hot soon. I wish Daz had done a little promotion of them instead of just burying them in with a bunch of other stuff with no fanfare.

In my card now... thank you

• BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 74

Strangefate said:

@BlueFox - Glad you like it :) ...doing all the different furniture scenes was quite a lot of work!

So, the idea is to reuse every 'Fantasy Home' furniture set in all the different rooms we make for the Fantasy Home. Some rooms (kitchen, entrance) and some sets (kitchen, entrance, hallways(?)) might be a bit too unique or too small or just laking some basic furniture (chair, table) to decently decorate a room.

That said, we didn't think the Living room would work well in the Hallways either, and maybe having sofas and tables there *IS* weird, but it does look good so, we'll always try to make them work when possible.

We thought about mixed presets too but the problem with those was I figured that the more Products you need for something, the fewer people can use it.

We have been talking about doing a final 'Fantasy Home' product at the end, when all rooms and Furniture sets are done, that would add (among other things), Scene subsets decorating the rooms mixing all furniture sets, but that would depend of how well the products do.

I hope they do really well. It would be awesome if we could get that final "Fantasy Home" product mixing all the sets. I also hope that before that we get many more amazing products...  I love this theme.

The Hallways have arrived! :) They look amazing. I love all the subsets that help decorate the rooms. So much variety!  I find the subsets really useful. Thank you for taking the time to create them! The promos are beautiful.

I am already looking forward to your next product... Even though I do not know what it will be... ;) Kitchen...? Entrance...?

These two went into the shopping cart at a speed which would make a Blackbird jockey's eyes water.  My credit card is currently having a lie down in the back bedroom, with the curtains closed.

You certainly get your money's worth with Strangefate.  The manual installers for the hallway come to over a gigabyte, the furniture set weighs in at over 340 megabytes. 

Cheers,

Alex.

Thanks for the support, everyone!

@BlueFox - I too hope they do well of course, but I do worry about people having enough of the fantasy home before we're done with it. We'll see.

@alexcowley - For those looking to free up some space and only work with Daz Iray anyway, there's some interior and exterior architecture textures that come in 4k that are not used by default. They're alternative wall etc textures for those wanting to export to another app or use 3DL or Filament perhaps.

The walls by default use a 4 layer Iray blended material (better on memory) that is included with Daz by default but doesn't display very well yet outside of Iray.

Anyway, deleting those sets of alternative 4k textures should free up a good amount of disk space, if needed.

Strangefate said:

Thanks for the support, everyone!

@BlueFox - I too hope they do well of course, but I do worry about people having enough of the fantasy home before we're done with it. We'll see.

@alexcowley - For those looking to free up some space and only work with Daz Iray anyway, there's some interior and exterior architecture textures that come in 4k that are not used by default. They're alternative wall etc textures for those wanting to export to another app or use 3DL or Filament perhaps.

The walls by default use a 4 layer Iray blended material (better on memory) that is included with Daz by default but doesn't display very well yet outside of Iray.

Anyway, deleting those sets of alternative 4k textures should free up a good amount of disk space, if needed.

I think you may have misunderstood my last post.

I have two 6 TB hard disks and an 8GB 1080 GPU (with a 12GB 3080 TI on the way) so I'm not short of space. I also consider high quality textures to be a good thing.

Have you seen Herschell Hoffmeyer's Wyvern?  Like your interiors, this has very high quality textures. They look absolutely amazing.   

Cheers,

Alex.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,750

Here I was planning on no buying today... then I saw the flyer from Daz and wham! The cart, my card, and the download went so fast (at least on one computer, the other had to deal with a MS update first) and both are installed now.

Congratulations on two lovely products to add to your store.

Mary

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,172

Damn it, I only just got the Fantasy Home, and now the hallway is out.

Prank Fairies

Has this ever happened to you?

• MelissaGTMelissaGT Posts: 2,610
    edited June 2021

Oh I hope an exterior comes at some point! I'd also love love love to see what you'd do with any sort of medieval exterior scene or medeival city.

Oh, and yes...insta-buy!

Post edited by MelissaGT on
  • DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

Not that anyone is suprised but it is simply Gorgeous!  This is a quick render at 1200 iterations with presets included with the product! 

HallFH062021.jpg
    2600 x 1625 - 2M
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,158
    edited June 2021

I decided to do a Filament render. I did some postwork in Luminar 4. The chair and side table are from the large room furniture.

I like the way it came, out and rendering 3840x2160 was instantaneous with Filament.

Fantasy Hallway 4 Filament

Filament ROG Fantasy Hallway 4 L.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 3M
    Post edited by barbult on

Glad you're all enjoying the Hallways :)

@Gordig - At least he won't have the worry about waking up with a painted on mustache :)

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,576
    edited June 2021

barbult said:

I decided to do a Filament render. I did some postwork in Luminar 4. The chair and side table are from the large room furniture.

I like the way it came, out and rendering 3840x2160 was instantaneous with Filament.

Fantasy Hallway 4 Filament

Wow. Good idea - that looks amazing for real-time/Filament, @Barbult.

- Greg

Post edited by algovincian on
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,750
    edited June 2021

I tried one of the short hallway vignettes and after a test, added a Mouse. About six renders and four reboots of my computer later, I have one I want to share. This is not an issue with the product, but the hair on the mouse and my computer gets fits. I love the hallway, the various sets, and the furniture.

Mouse is trying to decide which book to choose.

Mary

Mouse House IV.png
    2000 x 2000 - 6M
    Post edited by memcneil70 on
  • cshaw999cshaw999 Posts: 14

Hi Guys, I just bought the ROG room set on Daz. Excellent work! I love your textures.

One question though. I am able to remove part of a wall from the Large Room and attach a Hallway piece to it? I can't figure out how to do it.

Thanks!

@memcneil70 - It does actually make a good house for giant mice too now that I see it :)

@cshaw999 - No need to remove any wall. Set the Daz grid to 25cm. The door of the large room should fit exactly over any 9m hallway with a  'Door2' (the one htat's not round). Just need to hide one of the doors when done,  so they're not duplicated on top of each other.

You can also match the Large room with the round doors, but that requires doing it by hand and would break the modularity. There'll be rooms for the round doors in the future.

@strangfate - sorry I don't think I was clear. I was wondering if I could add a second or third door into the large room by butting a corridor piece up against it and remove part of a wall.

By the way, how can I set the Daz grid? I have looked on google and in Daz documentation and con't find it anywhere.

Thanks

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,308

I purchased this the moment I saw it - can't wait to get some renders going with it!  

I also just want to say, @Strangefate that we VERY MUCH appreciate your talents and considerations for us, the end users, in terms of quality, FUNctionality and things like included subsets and the like make all your products have so much added value - you obviously already know, but you need to KNOW that it is not for nothing - we APPRECIATE it - THANK YOU!

@stangefate - sorry again. I think I just figured out what you were saying. It is possible to poke the hallway doors through the large room walls without the need to remove the walls, but that breaks the layout modularity.

I still can't figure out how to set the Daz grid though :-(

Gogger said:

I purchased this the moment I saw it - can't wait to get some renders going with it!  

I also just want to say, @Strangefate that we VERY MUCH appreciate your talents and considerations for us, the end users, in terms of quality, FUNctionality and things like included subsets and the like make all your products have so much added value - you obviously already know, but you need to KNOW that it is not for nothing - we APPRECIATE it - THANK YOU!

+100 laugh 

• This is a great set and so far I think I'm all to date on your sets and armour.

I do have a request for a room you didn't list, bedroom. We have to have a place where are sick folks can recover.

Where is a poor little girl with skittle sickness goint to host her puppu?

@Gogger - Always good to hear, thanks. There were some times where I think especially Roguey (who did most of the Scene Subsets) was questioning her sanity. The hallways were ment to be a small project, but it quickly got a bit out of control.

@cshaw999 - If you activate the translate tool to move things around, its settings can be seen in the 'Tool Settings' tab. Mine is somewhere under the Parameters tab, but I might have put it there myself. If you don't have the Tab you might have to add it.

@Shadowchaser-Nightwind - Bedroom's on the list! Basically, we'll probably do 1 small room with some flexibility for variations and 1 more large room, then themed furniture sets (bedroom probably being the first) that will decorate all rooms automatically. Don't know right now if this will come before or after the Kitchen tho.