[Released] ROG Fantasy Home: Entrance + Furniture Set Products [Commercial]

Comments

• cshaw999cshaw999 Posts: 14

@strangefate - Thanks! As soon as you told me I found it no problem :-)

Daz documentation sucks!

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

Waiting

WaitingTM062021.jpg
    3000 x 1484 - 2M
  • SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,507

I spent some time today experimenting with the render settings, cameras, and most of the things included with the original large room. This set is so good, it's almost problematic because a) there are very few clothing or hair products of a comparable quality, meaning they'll stand out more, and b) I'll probably feel guilty using it in art because no additional work will be required on my end to make it look amazing. This is better than products I've seen for ten times the price elsewhere.

Checking out with the hallways and props now.  :)

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,889

Having some fun with a mouse in a house...

Mouse in a House.jpg
    1500 x 1000 - 590K
  • StrangeFateStrangeFate Posts: 758

Nice render @Daventaki !

@SnowSultan - Glad you feel that way :)   Finding consistency among different vendors can be difficult sometimes.

@Oso3D - I like that style, feels like out of a children's book, very nice.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,750

Oso3D said:

Having some fun with a mouse in a house...

@Oso3D, I adore your image. 

Mary 

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,309
    edited June 2021

No matter how small a slice, ROG Fantasy elements add a great deal to any scene.  Here we have Alani G2F posing in her ROG Fantasy Home Hallway while wearing both Voss and Monica (G8F) hairs colored by Chevybabe25's Backlight shaders.  

VT_Lady_Alani_3D_Erik_Pedersen.jpg
    1200 x 1920 - 557K
    Post edited by Gogger on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,158

Gogger said:

No matter how small a slice, ROG Fantasy elements add a great deal to any scene.  Here we have Alani G2F posing in her ROG Fantasy Home Hallway while wearing both Voss and Monica (G8F) hairs colored by Chevybabe25's Backlight shaders.  

That all goes together very nicely. 

• SummerhorseSummerhorse Posts: 684

Just a plea, Strangefate. Would you share your texturing pipeline? Or the programs that you use?  You get such outstanding results!

If you sold a tutorial on texturing for use in Daz Studio in the shop I'd buy it in a heartbeat, because I know that you get beautiful results in Daz.

Flipped Normals is selling tutorials about $40 bucks per, but their thumbnails don't give me any confidence in the product.

edited July 2021

@Summerhorse - I use Substance Painter for everything and sometimes Photoshop, if I need to prepare something for Painter first.

A good tutorial takes time to do. Roguey's been bugging me to record Painter sessions for her but while I do enjoy teaching, recordings that then need to be edited and making tutorials in general is not something I seem to be passionate about :)

I haven't looked at the Flipped Normals stuff but even if they're not great, as long as they go through a complete basic process, from creating the base surface to applying all the usual wear and tear effects, that should be plenty already to learn most of the technical side of things, which is always the first hurdle. Can't focus on the art side of things if you're still consumed fighting with the Software.

If you already feel you know that, then it's mostly just down to practicing how to observe so you can look at things and break down what you see and their properties, in order to rebuild it in a similar fashion and following similar rules and physics ...or rather a good enough fake approximation that sells the illusion.

I think a tutorial about that would have to be less about technicallities and tools and more about managing to get people excited about dust :)
    Where does it go, where does it linger, what parts are more likely to be dust free from use and contact etc.

Same questions apply to any other effect... worn wood, scratches, damages... what areas are affected from regular handling, where do hands go, where do feet or brooms cause damage, what areas would be slightly worn down from constant cleaning and which would be neglected.

Most handling is done from a top down perspective, eye level to maybe waist level and focused around the front of a stationary object or piece of furniture... so that gives you a good starting point for your effects.
    If you look at photos of well used antique furniture for example, they usually answer all those questions. Sometimes you may have to look past the 10 layers of wax or polish.

Anyway, same thinking applies to anything, doesn't matter if its a spaceship, a leather belt or a chair. Just have enough reference at hand to have an idea of how the effects should look like for each material.

Hope that helps a bit.

Post edited by StrangeFate on
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,750

Or imagine what a litter of puppies can do to an antique cabinet when they are teething. Or to books.

memcneil70 said:

Or imagine what a litter of puppies can do to an antique cabinet when they are teething. Or to books.

Goes without saying that this is the first question you should always ask yourself.

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,068
    edited July 2021

I think it's because all the questions that would normally have been asked are so redundant as to be embarassingly obvious.

And with me, it's the evil, scheming, malicious, furry demons called 'cats' that make my furniture look so 'lived in'. Even/especially when brand new.

Regards,

Richard.

Post edited by richardandtracy on
    edited September 2021

Fantasy Home Entrance coming out soon, see main post for info and promo renders!

Post edited by StrangeFate on
  • I need this for something soon. I hope it flies through so I can use it for promos :) Looks great

• I need this for something soon. I hope it flies through so I can use it for promos :) Looks great

It already did fly through everything within a few days from submission, but doesn't have a release date yet. Hooefully soon.
  • Awesome!

• My credit card will hate you laugh

• Mark_e593e0a5 said:

My credit card will hate you laugh

But it will love your renders!

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,311

Bought and downloaded although I haven't had a chance to play with it yet. I have a few day's holiday due in just over a week so I going to be playing catch-up then.

As with all the Roguey / Strangefate sets, you really get your money's worth.  The manual installers unzip into 1.35GB!

My credit card is currently having a lie down in the back bedroom, the poor thing.

Cheers,

Alex.

• Same here. My credit card also needed a break after this morning. Although DAZ made it really hard. Took almost 4hrs today until the store behaved well....

• Lothar WeberLothar Weber Posts: 1,611

As promised. Instant buy! laugh still on the island than playing next week... 

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,149

Well, my eyes love you and Roguey, but my wallet hates you! Insta-buy here too, of course heart

• My credit card went into hiding after this

• Bought, installed, starting to play :)

Welcome to your new home...

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,254

YES!!!

Into the cart, into the downloads folder. Might take a while before I start playing with things. But this is lovely work.

• Mark_e593e0a5Mark_e593e0a5 Posts: 1,569
    edited October 2021

Playing around a bit I have only one (small) complaint: all pervious ROG products came with a decent selection of camera views that made it really easy to get started with a nice render (best example: the Red Crow Inn). Apart from the missing camera sets, the environment plus furniture is really great laugh.

Post edited by Mark_e593e0a5 on
    edited October 2021

I filled the entrance scene with props from the Large Room. Here are a few renders of the result.

FH Large Room Furniture in Entrance Long_001_Default Camera.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 1M
    FH Large Room Furniture in Entrance Long_001_Camera BV 2 (1).jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 709K
    FH Large Room Furniture in Entrance Long_001_Camera BV 3 (1).jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 772K
    Post edited by barbult on
  • MelissaGTMelissaGT Posts: 2,610
    edited October 2021

memcneil70 said:

Seriously...I have a 75gal fish tank cabinet stand that my Olde English Bulldogge ate as a puppy and it's just horrendous.  

@Strangefate...I still can't get over the quality of your products. Every time one of these comes out I don't even have to think about it...into the cart it goes. And I love love love love love that you guys make everything modular, with all the walls and props able to be loaded on their own for those of us that kitbash. I would absolutely fall out of my chair if you guys ever decide to tackle a medieval village or city setting. Not something wealthy or fancy like you'd see from Faveral (those are gorgeous, for sure), but something like you'd see to go along with your Middle Earth stuff...like the village of Bree. Worn, lived-in structures. Mud and dirt in the roads. Cart-wheels and footprints and market stalls. Totally would love to see that. Or Edoras (holy crap I'd really fall over because the Rohirrim are my fave.) And of course, if you do want fancy, there's always Minas Tirith. Really, I'll just take anything you guys want to do in the medieval/fantasy genre. You guys rock!

Post edited by MelissaGT on