[Released] ROG Fantasy Home: Entrance + Furniture Set Products [Commercial]

123457»

Comments

• dshielddshield Posts: 48

Thanks Richard, but thats not working for me.
    Ive dragged it to the content folder with the other lights in but its not showing up in Daz.
    After a week struggling with this I'll miss the deadline I wanted it to work for anyway.
    Just another waste of money it seems.
    I had the other two items from the Fantasy Home in my cart, but no point bothering now.
    Thanks anyway Richard. :)
    D

Untitled.png
    1007 x 543 - 178K
  • If you isntalled through Daz Studio itself then adding it to that folder won't help, Daz Studio will show only the files it installed there.

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,311

I would suggest unzipping the download into its own dedicated folder within ROG's folders. It should then show up in the content library. 

I've just had another thought, are you using the content library or smart content?  You should be accessing it with the former, not the latter.

Cheers,

Alex.

• leegreen69leegreen69 Posts: 8
    edited May 2022

Just purchased the Home Entrance and realized that all lighting is now broken for the inside render. I saw this thread and copied/pasted the ROGLightSolution.dse script to the ROG FantasyHome root and ran the script. I am not sure if this is the expected result but I see no difference in the Iray Render - it's stil completely dark inside the entrance. I do not see an "OK" or "RUN" or other dialog - instead just a button in the upper left window that has no label BUT the tooltip indicates ""Close this dialog" and then a mostly hidden button underneath it with a tooltip indicating "Save Modified Scene" but I cannot seem to click on that button since it's mostly obscured. I am also not able to resize the the dialog. Please advise if I am doing something incorrectly. Excellent Product as always - just too bad it's marred by this silly lighting issue with Iray and Daz. Keep up the GREAT work and look forward to your kind support.

UPDATE: Just noticed I did not copy the glyph PNG's to the root Folder. Did this and now the buttons appear correctly, product updates all surfaces and the render appears correct!! Sorry for the confusion (and kinda not at the same time ;-)) and a most fantastic product set as always. Please keep up the great work.

ROGLightSolution_1.PNG
    1727 x 590 - 331K
    Post edited by leegreen69 on
  • StrangeFateStrangeFate Posts: 758

barbult said:

The 4.20 fix script posted in the original post goes a long way toward restoring the original lighitng, but it sitll leaves some lighting issues (at least for me). (Note that I only applied the script to black.png and then exited the script.) the script sets Enable Iray Matte to On for the light discs and the fireplace embers and fire lights. Enable Iray Matte On seems to be the source of two problems that I see in my Fantasy Home renders:

1. The distant "sun" light is clipped where it falls on the floor and furniture.
    2.  The fireplace fire puts out less light than it did in DS versions before 4.20.

I don't really understand why Enable Iray Matte On would cause this problem, but just setting it to Off fixes the problem.

Anyway, here is what I see:

DS 4.16.0.3 baseline render for comparison

DS 4.20.0.6 render after applying the script fix to black.png
    The fireplace light is much dimmer. The light from the windows that is cast on the floor and furniture is clipped (part is cut off).

DS 4.20.0.6 render after changing Enable Iray Matte to Off.
    Lighting is nearly identical to 4.16.0.3 now.

Looking at this now Barbult, been too busy, sorry :/

I can't replicate the issue.
    Lighting intensity looks the same for me with Matte ON or OFF and the sunlight is never clipped, regarldess of settings.
    Turning Matte ON on light sources like the discs outside the windows does make them visible in renders (you can see their outline through the windows and against the skybox), so it is needed.

Has anyone else had issues with the results from the script ?

I'm thinking of updating the products, adding the script to them.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,158

The problem showed up for me in 4.20.0.6 (a very early 4.20 verion). I am now using 4.20.1.43 Public build (Beta). I don't have the exact scene to retest, but I don't see the problem now in 4.20.1.43. Maybe Daz fixed something.

barbult said:

The problem showed up for me in 4.20.0.6 (a very early 4.20 verion). I am now using 4.20.1.43 Public build (Beta). I don't have the exact scene to retest, but I don't see the problem now in 4.20.1.43. Maybe Daz fixed something.

Okay, thanks a lot for checking!

• My question is for the Red Crow Inn...is this update in lighting for the other dwelling supposed to fix the Inn and Tavern set as well?

• Shadowchaser-Nightwind said:

My question is for the Red Crow Inn...is this update in lighting for the other dwelling supposed to fix the Inn and Tavern set as well?

All products will be updated.

At this point, The Red Crow Inn and the Medieval Bedroom have already been updated. Updates for the modular Fantasy Home products and the Euro Apartment will be submitted today or tomorrow.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,750

Thank you for plugging away on the lighting.

I can only say that this reinforces my devotion to your products and others who are updating their products due to the update by Nvidia.

• U3DU3D Posts: 2
    edited January 2023

Awesome!

Post edited by U3D on
  • JuNeJuNe Posts: 85

Sorry for unearthing this, but since there were a kitched and other rooms announced to be coming, I wanted to ask if that's still planned or even in the making already? Because I'm trying to make a home for my OCs at the moment, and if there is something coming, I might postpone the work and do other things first.

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,066

A kitchen would be great, but I would especilly love to see what kind of bathroom a hobbit has. :)

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,827
    edited April 2023

lou_harper said:

A kitchen would be great, but I would especilly love to see what kind of bathroom a hobbit has. :)

an outhouse I imagine

for number 1&2

(a loo would not work well in a hole in a hill)

they may have a tub and washstand in their bedroom 

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • There IS such a thing as a composting toilet...

edited April 2023

There even is something called canalization / sewers around for about 4.600 years now, so why wouldn't a civilization that DIGS their houses INTO hills go literally one step deeper and have a functioning wastewater system? Especially a civilization loving gardens and plants, when there might be ways to use the wastewater as watering systems and fertilizer.

Post edited by JuNe on
  • nolo215nolo215 Posts: 0

I've been asking myself the same question for seasons now, this is my favourite series of houses ever. The sets are so complete, filled with details and very very cozy. I wish we had a kitchen with bathroom props on the pack, and a bedroom with a small library/study corner. Thankfully, the hallway and living room prop packs have so many decorations that you can make different rooms as you were playing The Sims.

Yeah, that's what I'm doing right now, but unfortunately, some of the crucial parts for a kitchen, bedroom and bathroom are missing.

@June @nolo215 - There will be a Kitchen, bedroom(s), bathroom etc. It's all still planned yes.

We took a break from it because the products are all very similar in style (obviously) and you could tell the market has only so much capacity for it :)
    Newer 'Fantasy Home' products were each selling less each time so I figured that giving them some breathing room was better, and it was nice to do other things too.

That said, you won't have a complete Fantasy Home withtin the next few months I'm afraid.

Strangefate said:

@June @nolo215 - There will be a Kitchen, bedroom(s), bathroom etc. It's all still planned yes.

. . . 

That said, you won't have a complete Fantasy Home withtin the next few months I'm afraid.

I wouldn't have expected to have it in a few months; I imagine it takes months to make one such set. But if the other sets are in the making, since it's just a hobby project, I can wait ;) Especially since I most probably would need a new computer first either way. 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,827

gives me time to save yes

• drucdruc Posts: 345

Just re-visiting these magnificent sets. I own all the LOTR inspired sets with the possible exception ROG fantasy Shields. On recently purchasing Merlin 8.1 pro set and Folco HD I am playing with these again. Previously I was only able to convert them to 3DL to render as my PC wasn't good enough to render in Iray. Upgraded PC and rendered in Iray and these sets are outstanding and I can't emphasize that enough. 

I am wondering did you make or is there some add on set to assist with outside scenes that have more grass planes and ground and grass rising up to cover walls etc. so it is a Hobbit hole covered in soil and grass.

• druc said:

Just re-visiting these magnificent sets. I own all the LOTR inspired sets with the possible exception ROG fantasy Shields. On recently purchasing Merlin 8.1 pro set and Folco HD I am playing with these again. Previously I was only able to convert them to 3DL to render as my PC wasn't good enough to render in Iray. Upgraded PC and rendered in Iray and these sets are outstanding and I can't emphasize that enough. 

I am wondering did you make or is there some add on set to assist with outside scenes that have more grass planes and ground and grass rising up to cover walls etc. so it is a Hobbit hole covered in soil and grass.

Late reply, sorry!

There were some plans to do something to help with that effect and generally decorate the exterior with a fence, mailbox and the usual stuff one would expect, but would probably come as the last Product of the series, so we can account for all possible room sizes and shapes and do something that worlk well for all of them.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,380

I love the sets and will gladly buy more. Only thing I'm sorely missing is a version or morph with 'normal', rectangular doors, because the hobbit doors limit the use considerably (I usually try to just keep them out of the shot, but it's a pity for all the otherwise lovely angles I'm missing this way). Maybe there's a way to do this somehow, and then the sets would probably appeal to a wider audience as well? wink

•  The only thing I had missing in the ROG series was the Fantasy Shields, which I was not sure I would use to much. I just picked them up, and thought I would mention for anyone else that they are on sale, as of  just a minute ago. Thank you Roguey and Strangefate!