[Released] ROG Fantasy Home: Entrance + Furniture Set Products [Commercial]

Comments

• My wallet is furious, but I can't wait to see what's next. 

I second what melissastjames said. All of it. You're fantastic. And I'd fall out of my chair, too... 

• Thanks everyone for the support!

@Mark_e593e0a5 - I didn't think anyone would miss them, but I'll make sure future products have them again.

@melissastjames - A medieval town square is in the to-do list, one that hopefully would also include a working exterior for the Red Crow Inn. It's not the smallest project and not at the top of the list, but it's there.

• SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,507

Is the Fantasy Home complete now or are you planning on more parts for it? Of course more expansions are welcomed, but now that I've heard you're considering doing other exteriors, I *really* want to see entirely new locations.    :)

• I like that there are all these different build-a-fantasy-home packs in this series, and I'm probably eventually going to have all of them.  When I was looking at this latest, entry-porch set, I wondered if there might at some point be one with a more tradititional, rectangular doorway, or other shapes of doorway, but where everything else was more or less the same build style, since with the big round door it does say "Hobbit home" a bit more strongly than one might like, which could be an issue for some people wanting to use these for a more general fantasy book cover or comicbook series, without some people, consciously or unconsciously, thinking Lord of the Rings the moment they lay eyes on their renders.

But that said, yeah, these are all lovely.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,254
    edited October 2021

True. A rectangular door would be easier to get that wheeled cart in and out of, as well. As is, it would need to be lifted over the threshold each time.

But, yeah, this is a gorgeous collection. A kitchen and bedroom would make it pretty complete. (A bath, depending upon period, might well be a tub in front of the kitchen fire).

Post edited by JOdel on
  • QUICK DAZ STUDIO 4.20 UPDATE:

If you updated to Daz Studio 4.20, the lighting of our Products will most likely be broken currently. We're working on a solution and will update all our affected products ASAP.

The 4.20 update will most likely not be backwards compatible, so if you plan on never ever, ever updating to Daz Studio 4.20, make sure to have/download a backup of all your ROG Products before we update them :)

• Strangefate said:

QUICK DAZ STUDIO 4.20 UPDATE:

If you updated to Daz Studio 4.20, the lighting of our Products will most likely be broken currently. We're working on a solution and will update all our affected products ASAP.

The 4.20 update will most likely not be backwards compatible, so if you plan on never ever, ever updating to Daz Studio 4.20, make sure to have/download a backup of all your ROG Products before we update them :)

Thank you for informing us. Will download copies of the zips now. 

• Oh reminds me, did a video in Unreal today

• Thanks for the heads up

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,325
    edited February 2022

Strangefate said:

That is great news. Thank you for updating them. 

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,311

Strangefate said:

Many thanks for the update. Once the lighting problem is sorted out, what's coming next?

Cheers,

Alex. 

• gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948

Strangefate said:

Thanks for the warning!  I just have to remember to ignore any updates for your products. cheeky

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,824
    edited February 2022

the easiest solution for those wanting both is to do what I intend doing, grab the manual downloads now and create a separate library or use another one if you have one and install it there, smart content won't see it if manually installed and it won't be affected by an update in your main library.

I will be doing this for any future updates in DIM for products to fix this by PAs because I use 4.11 for iray and the latest betas for anything that doesn't work in 4.11 like G8.1, plugins and scripts etc.

it won't be the last time something breaks either 

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • gitika1 said:

Strangefate said:

Thanks for the warning!  I just have to remember to ignore any updates for your products. cheeky

That... almost stings! :)

@alexhcowley - Roguey is helping me finish the armors I had started a while back when doing the Bone breaker armor, so at least 1 of those should be coming soonish I think... depending on how much I hate the work I did back then and want to redo it.

We're also trying some simpler Superhero'ish stuff because well, it turned out to be fun and quick to do.

Fantasy Home Kitchen is blocked out and some parts have finished models and a small room is also mostly figured out in design... but right now we're trying to get at least 1-2 armors and 1-2 Superhero suits out first.

Strangefate said:

gitika1 said:

Strangefate said:

@alexhcowley - Roguey is helping me finish the armors I had started a while back when doing the Bone breaker armor, so at least 1 of those should be coming soonish I think... depending on how much I hate the work I did back then and want to redo it.

We're also trying some simpler Superhero'ish stuff because well, it turned out to be fun and quick to do.

Fantasy Home Kitchen is blocked out and some parts have finished models and a small room is also mostly figured out in design... but right now we're trying to get at least 1-2 armors and 1-2 Superhero suits out first.

It wasn't meant that way.  Your products are amazing - that is why I purchased them.  DS, the application, and the increased pc requirements for each new version - are the problem.

Strangefate said:

gitika1 said:

Strangefate said:

It wasn't meant that way.  Your products are amazing - that is why I purchased them.  DS, the application, and the increased pc requirements for each new version - are the problem.

edited February 2022

Strangefate said:

gitika1 said:

Strangefate said:

Good to hear that you and Roguey are keeping yourselves busy. As for the Fantasy Home Kitchen, I will  be lying in wait for it armed with a fully loaded credit card. It's good to have something to look forward to, especially in these troubled times.

Cheers,

Alex. 

Post edited by alexhcowley on
    edited February 2022

Duplicate post

edited February 2022

Duplicate post

edited February 2022

Duplicate post

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,254

I download and install manually and keep the download files archived, so no problem, most likely.

Is it mainly the lighting that's broken, or are you redoing the surfaces for a different lighting paradigm?

• @gitika1 - Was just kidding, no worries!

@alexhcowley - Troubling times... don't even get me started :(

@JOdel - Just lighting using geometry (emissives).

• @WendyLuvsCatz - Nice seeing that in UE4 ! :)

• StrangeFateStrangeFate Posts: 758

If you updated to Daz Studio 4.20 and are having problems with the lighting, please see the OP for information and a fix.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,157
    edited March 2022

The 4.20 fix script posted in the original post goes a long way toward restoring the original lighitng, but it sitll leaves some lighting issues (at least for me). (Note that I only applied the script to black.png and then exited the script.) the script sets Enable Iray Matte to On for the light discs and the fireplace embers and fire lights. Enable Iray Matte On seems to be the source of two problems that I see in my Fantasy Home renders:

1. The distant "sun" light is clipped where it falls on the floor and furniture.
    2.  The fireplace fire puts out less light than it did in DS versions before 4.20.

I don't really understand why Enable Iray Matte On would cause this problem, but just setting it to Off fixes the problem.

Anyway, here is what I see:

DS 4.16.0.3 baseline render for comparison

DS 4.20.0.6 render after applying the script fix to black.png
    The fireplace light is much dimmer. The light from the windows that is cast on the floor and furniture is clipped (part is cut off).

DS 4.20.0.6 render after changing Enable Iray Matte to Off.
    Lighting is nearly identical to 4.16.0.3 now.

Fantasy Home 4.16.0.3.jpg
    2600 x 1625 - 3M
    Fantasy Home fix script 4.20.0.6.jpg
    2600 x 1625 - 3M
    Fantasy Home fix script Enable Iray Matte Off 4.20.0.6.jpg
    2600 x 1625 - 3M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,507

I'm not sure if you've mentioned this elsewhere or if I just overlooked it, but are you planning on a bedroom for this fantasy home? I can probably kitbash one using these sets and some of the props from the Inn, but if you think a bedroom might be available in the next few months, I'll wait rather than assemble it twice. Thank you very much for the updates and I look forward to anything and everything you release in the future.

• StrangeFateStrangeFate Posts: 758

@barbult - Good catch, I'll see if I can update the script at some point.

@SnowSultan - Yes and no. We're planning to do at least a bedroom and kitchen that will both use the round doors (vs. the regular door that the Living room uses) and probably another large room but with a round door.
    It won't be done within the next few months however. We've been taking a break from the Hobbit stuff and are finishing a few other projects.
    Roguey has exams coming up soon so things are going a bit slower atm as she dedicates some time to studies.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,380

Strangefate said:

@barbult - Good catch, I'll see if I can update the script at some point.

@SnowSultan - Yes and no. We're planning to do at least a bedroom and kitchen that will both use the round doors (vs. the regular door that the Living room uses) and probably another large room but with a round door.
    It won't be done within the next few months however. We've been taking a break from the Hobbit stuff and are finishing a few other projects.
    Roguey has exams coming up soon so things are going a bit slower atm as she dedicates some time to studies.

Best of luck for her then, I hope everything's smooth sailing! 

• dshielddshield Posts: 48

Hello, I bought the Fantasy Home & Furniture a while back, and now I finally have a project to use it in I'm thwarted by a Daz update.  :/
    I really appreciate you have supplied a script to run in Daz to rectify things, but, how Do I run a script in Daz?
    Sorry if this is a really dumb question.
    Thanks in advance.
    D

• dshield said:

Hello, I bought the Fantasy Home & Furniture a while back, and now I finally have a project to use it in I'm thwarted by a Daz update.  :/
    I really appreciate you have supplied a script to run in Daz to rectify things, but, how Do I run a script in Daz?
    Sorry if this is a really dumb question.
    Thanks in advance.
    D

It will appear in the content Library if you place it in a content directory (e.g. /Documents/Daz 3D/Studio/My Library/Scripts/Utilities/) where you can run by double-clicking. or you can just download it and drag it into the Daz Studio Viewport.