Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on II

Comments

• AtiAti Posts: 9,082

LosingSignal said:

lou_harper said:

Ati said:

lou_harper said:

In addition the "show only owned" option is completely broken. It show owned and not owned.

As Richard said, this is the only feature that is part of the addon. For this to work, please make sure you are logged in. The list of owned products is only loaded in your browser when you are logged in.

Of course I'm logged in. I'm always logged in. And I have this problem consistently.

I never know if I'm going to be logged in or not, but that's been an ongoing thing forever.  That said, I'm using the Chrome version of the add-on and also see that the "Only show WishList" and "Only show owned" check boxs do not seem to work when looking at search results.  So, if I use the search bar to look up "ZWorld", for example, I get 17 items.  Turn off "Hide Items I Own" and it shows 18 items, adding in the one I own.  But if I turn on "Only show owned" or "Only show WishList", nothing changes.  17 items, same as if the "Hide" checkbox is turned on.  The check boxes do, though, appear to work as normal when looking at other item lists, like the big master one off of the Shop button or the View All Items buttons off of the sale pages.

The search results page is not fully fixed in the new store—we need to wait for it to take its final shape before we can attempt to see what (if anything, after the fix) needs to be done there.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,773

The add-on has stopped working for me since yesterday, it's as if it's not even installed (and yes, I checked, it's still installed and active).

Am I the only one experiencing this?

I'm using Firefox and OSX Catalina (10.15.7)

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043

Everything looks fine here in Opera.

Hylas said:

The add-on has stopped working for me since yesterday, it's as if it's not even installed (and yes, I checked, it's still installed and active).

Try disabling it, and the enabling it again. If all else fails, remove and reinstall.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

It is working for me - Firefox 84.0 on Windows 10 Pro ...

•    Question: If I uninstall (then reinstall) DazDeals, will I lose things like Notifications (which I miss desperately).

NOT working for me - DazDeals 2.5.1, Firefox 84.0, Win10 Pro.

Since 2020 12 18 (didn't want to report too early) I haven't seen any sign of DazDeals on product pages, wishlist or categories. I find I also miss the grayed out 'owned' items in pack desperately.

I have logged off of Daz3d.com, and logged back on multiple times.

In point of fact, looking at the 'bare' DAZ webpages drives home to me just how much I rely on your app. Thank you, thank you; I am not worthy.

Trelligan said:

Question: If I uninstall (then reinstall) DazDeals, will I lose things like Notifications (which I miss desperately).

Your notification settings are stored on our servers, so they will remain active. If after reinstalling the addon, the options page does not have your email and passcode filled in, then be sure to fill those fields in (and any other setting you want) to continue to keep the data up-to-date.

• RandomRandom Posts: 173

I HATE the new version. (Firefox) Whenever I want to look up a product I already own–sometimes I just want to look at the promo images–the "hide alaready owned" is automatically on. And that is fine, I can uncheck it. However, if there is only one product meching the search the browser immediately and automatically loads that product page and there is no going back. In addition the "show only owned" option is completely broken. It show owned and not owned.

I agree with lou_harperr. Recently I was trying to find something I owned because I had forgotten how it worked. It was a posing app and there were so many pages of posing products that I couldn't find the one I needed.

That's how the store's search feature works at the moment. That's not part of this addon.

edited December 2020

I guess they want you to see more products that  you might want to buy, but it is very unhelpful.

Post edited by Random on
  • @ATI, thanks for the reply. <sigh> Uninstalling and reinstalling DazDeals didn't work.

After reinstalling, I was able to access and change options. But when I went to 'Email Notifications', everything is grayed out. I've tried logging into my Daz3d Wishlist, and several combinations of: 1) logging out/in of Daz, 2) going to Wishlist, 3) opening DazDeals options, 4) closing/reopening Firefox.

Firefox is working normally - except for your extension. Still Firefox 84, obviously DazDeals newest version, and Windows 10 Pro.

I will say that I've been getting the yellow top bar warnings "an extension has slowed Firefox" for a month or two. But I'd never consider disabling DazDeals, and Firefox showed both the prior and current installation as 'active'.

Grayed out? :-o Can you send a screenshot (without your email and passcode showing on it)? I don't believe we gray that section out at any time.

• Ati said:

Grayed out? :-o Can you send a screenshot (without your email and passcode showing on it)? I don't believe we gray that section out at any time.

Easily; since it's disabled, I can't enter info anyway.

2020-12-21 01_23_11-Daz-Deals Options — Mozilla Firefox.png
    3840 x 2151 - 475K

Oh. You're not recognized as being logged in to Daz. (Wow, we do gray it out, I've just never been not logged in, LOL. :D) Are you really logged in to the site? Like your wishlist shows your actual wishlisted items and such? I'll ping @Overdrawn on this one.

• The plugin isn't working for me on Firefox (v84.0), either. Everything appears normal in the plugin options page (nothing is grayed out), and I'm definitely signed into the Daz store, but I'm not seeing any of the usual features of the plugin (I'm still getting notification emails, though). It was definitely working fine for me as of Friday, at least, I don't know about Saturday or yesterday. I tried disabling and re-enabling, that didn't make a difference.

It works for me (Firefox 84.0, Windows 10 Pro) - sometimes I have to reload the page to get the Wishlist only etc. boxes.

I updated to version 84, and it stopped working immediately. Ehh... Sent a message to @Overdrawn to see if he's heard of any breaking changes in the new version of Firefox.

• TrelliganTrelligan Posts: 56
    edited December 2020

Ati said:

Oh. You're not recognized as being logged in to Daz. (Wow, we do gray it out, I've just never been not logged in, LOL. :D) Are you really logged in to the site? Like your wishlist shows your actual wishlisted items and such? I'll ping @Overdrawn on this one.

I was definitely and repeatedly logged in. I tested it many different ways with different permutations of restart computer,  reload Firefox, log in/out of DAZ, and various Windows settings changes.

[EDIT] Okay, so I guess I'll see if I can revert my Firefox version.

Post edited by Trelligan on

Ati said:

Hylas said:

Try disabling it, and the enabling it again. If all else fails, remove and reinstall.

When I wrote that "it's as if it's not even installed" I was actually wrong. The add-on keeps hiding the "What's Hot" section of the store, as I have instruced it to do.

However the "Show Only Wishlist" and "Show Only Owned" boxes aren't there, and I can't "Sort by %"

Funny enough, earlier today these functions were back but didn't work properly. "Sort by %" did rearrange the products but not in any way that made sense.

Now the funtions are gone again.

I'll just wait until things settle... but something is going on.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

Ati said:

I updated to version 84, and it stopped working immediately. Ehh... Sent a message to @Overdrawn to see if he's heard of any breaking changes in the new version of Firefox.

I'm using FF 84 and the add-on still seems to work as well as it has since the upgrade.

Hylas said:

Ati said:

Hylas said:

When I wrote that "it's as if it's not even installed" I was actually wrong. The add-on keeps hiding the "What's Hot" section of the store, as I have instruced it to do.

However the "Show Only Wishlist" and "Show Only Owned" boxes aren't there, and I can't "Sort by %"

Funny enough, earlier today these functions were back but didn't work properly. "Sort by %" did rearrange the products but not in any way that made sense.

What version of Firefox are you using? Version 84 seems to kill off some of the features randomly, mostly the checkboxes and the % off filter. 

edited December 2020

Ati said:

What version of Firefox are you using? Version 84 seems to kill off some of the features randomly, mostly the checkboxes and the % off filter. 

Indeed, it's 84.0

I'll just wait a while... if it won't get addressed I'll downgrade Firefox to the previous version.

Post edited by Hylas on
  • WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724

I uninstalled but now can't find where I originally grabbed it to reinstall ...

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951

WillowRaven said:

I uninstalled but now can't find where I originally grabbed it to reinstall ...

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/106296/announcing-daz-deals-browser-add-on/p1

Ati said:

Hylas said:

Ati said:

Hylas said:

They are working for me (Firefox 84.0 and Windows 10 Pro), sometimes I have to reload the page, but then they are showing up and they are working.

• They are working for me (Firefox 84.0 and Windows 10 Pro), sometimes I have to reload the page, but then they are showing up and they are working.

This was true for me before this past weekend, I'd have to reload to get the features. But since then, it doesn't work for me, even with the same combo: Firefox 84.0 and Windows 10 Pro.

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,557
    edited December 2020

Since December 20th, the main page doesn't show the products released after Captain Santa Poses, Daz-Deals hide them.

Post edited by Noah LGP on

Noah LGP said:

Since December 20th, the main page doesn't show the products released after Captain Santa Poses, Daz-Deals hide them.

Please either uncheck the hide items option, or enable all the software under the "I'm only interested in" list. This later workaround still lets you hide individual items.

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,557
    edited December 2020

It's very strange, when I open it in Private Mode the products are visible and if I reload this page, Daz-Deals hide them again.

Hide Items is unchecked now it works.

Post edited by Noah LGP on