"There's Always Another Sale™" Sales thread: Report Issues Here

Comments

• jd641jd641 Posts: 426
    Taoz said:

Been downloading for 52 hours now, smallest files first, looks like the larger a file is the greater the risk that it fails which seems to indicate that it's a "random" error that occurs periodically within a certain interval, and not something that is related to particular files as such other than their size.

DIM hasn't given me many issues, but there's several files that I still can't download manually from my products list since the store software changed. The Offline Package download file for Honni 8 is still won't even start, it just goes to a 404 File not Found page and three files from a Zweihänders product give me an "Auth Invalid" message.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,733
    jd641 said:
    Taoz said:

Been downloading with DIM for 52 hours now, smallest files first, looks like the larger a file is the greater the risk that it fails which seems to indicate that it's a "random" error that occurs periodically within a certain interval, and not something that is related to particular files as such other than their size.

DIM hasn't given me many issues, but there's several files that I still can't download manually from my products list since the store software changed. The Offline Package download file for Honni 8 is still won't even start, it just goes to a 404 File not Found page and three files from a Zweihänders product give me an "Auth Invalid" message.

I guess I should have stated I was downloading with DIM yes (corrected now).  Different other download options may have other types of problems, apparently. 

• For some reason there is no "Gift Card" field on my check out. Anybody else experiencing this? (Mon. Nov. 9 @ 9:50pm EST)

Now we need to claim the gift card having it apply to Store Credit. [when it vanishes from the claiming box it's in Store Credit]. Then use Store Credit for shopping.

RE: Gift Cards

Is this officially the only way in the future ?

In the beginning of the store conversion there was a DazEmployee (DAZ_Anno) saying in another thread that this missing feature was being submitted to DAZ team.  I posted this in Jack's thread, saying it should be included in OP.  OP was not updated nor was my  post replied to.  Since then have seen DAZ reps ignoring discussion of  this option and saying conversion only.

Official reply would be nice.  Personally preferred the old way.  Subtle difference, but still.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,033

It's the only way for now.

I've seen it mentioned in one of the various lists of "things to fix" that was posted at some point, so that will likely change in the future.

• For some reason there is no "Gift Card" field on my check out. Anybody else experiencing this? (Mon. Nov. 9 @ 9:50pm EST)

Now we need to claim the gift card having it apply to Store Credit. [when it vanishes from the claiming box it's in Store Credit]. Then use Store Credit for shopping.

In the beginning of the store conversion there was a DazEmployee (DAZ_Anno) saying in another thread that this missing feature was being submitted to DAZ team.  I posted this in Jack's thread, saying it should be included in OP.  OP was not updated nor was my  post replied to.  Since then have seen DAZ reps ignoring discussion of  this option and saying conversion only.

Official reply would be nice.  Personally preferred the old way.  Subtle difference, but still.

The link to claim the giftcard goes to the same redeem giftcard box that was there before, it looks like it was before, we get a giftcard code in  email, which I probably won't get as  I don't get confimation emails anymore since the storechange, and then redeem it and then get storecredit. How is it different? or do I have another bug with the store that I don't know about? should the box say: claim the giftcard?? Please answer me, so I can send yet another helpticket about this bug, if it is one. I have one dollar in storecredit, missed several awesome stuff yesterday, need to buy stuff today but are terrified of bying a giftcard under the circomstances. If my redeem giftcard box is the wrong one, if it should say claim the giftcard then I can't get one sad. Long post, sorry, but please answer me if it should say "claim the giftcard"?. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,158

The store is very very slow today.

• Mark_e593e0a5Mark_e593e0a5 Posts: 1,569
    edited November 2020

I don't get the new promo. I usually get 55% for PA's on the daily PA sales. So, apart from the larger number of PA's, where is the difference? 

Post edited by Mark_e593e0a5 on

I don't get the new promo. I usually get 55% for PA's on the daily PA sales. So, apart from the larger number of PA's, where is the difference? 

I don't get it either. What's the big deal? At first, when I saw "Premier Artist Sale", I thought it was a goof and an old banner from the PA sale a couple months ago. I also thought "Premier Artist" terminology had been replaced by "Published Artist" at Daz. Oh well.

The link to claim the giftcard goes to the same redeem giftcard box that was there before, it looks like it was before, we get a giftcard code in  email, which I probably won't get as  I don't get confimation emails anymore since the storechange, and then redeem it and then get storecredit. How is it different? or do I have another bug with the store that I don't know about? should the box say: claim the giftcard?? Please answer me, so I can send yet another helpticket about this bug, if it is one. I have one dollar in storecredit, missed several awesome stuff yesterday, need to buy stuff today but are terrified of bying a giftcard under the circomstances. If my redeem giftcard box is the wrong one, if it should say claim the giftcard then I can't get one sad. Long post, sorry, but please answer me if it should say "claim the giftcard"?. 

I believe they were talking about there having been a way to pay with a giftcard directly during the checkout process before. The method for turning a gift card into store credit hasn't changed as far as I saw. If you are having trouble with converting a gift card to store credit, that's separate from the other question.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

Me too.  

For some reason there is no "Gift Card" field on my check out. Anybody else experiencing this? (Mon. Nov. 9 @ 9:50pm EST)

Just buy a $1 gift card and try it out. Why stress over this? If the $1 gift card works to your satisfaction, then buy the bigger one you want. 

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

They’re all (well, most) in the current Friends of the Sale so the discount is the same anyway. 

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,692
    mwokee said:

The PC Anniversary bundles on the PC Plus sales page both lead to an Oops page.

This has been a constant for years. I am a software developer in my day job and haven't said much about the way this web site is managed because I'm guilty of some pretty good screwups but how hard is it to test a frikken link? Or a coupon code? Mistakes are to be expected, stupid mistakes should not be the norm.

And yet...

• barbult said:

The store is very very slow today.

So it's not just me, then. I was wondering.

I'm having all manner of issues with the store being slow, items not being removed from the cart to the wishlist when it says they have been (and thus the number of items flagged on the cart "icon" not matching what should be there), things hanging up to the point where I need to close tabs and open new ones to jumpstart them, etc.

• barbult said:

I don't get it either. What's the big deal? At first, when I saw "Premier Artist Sale", I thought it was a goof and an old banner from the PA sale a couple months ago. I also thought "Premier Artist" terminology had been replaced by "Published Artist" at Daz. Oh well.

For the daily PC+ sales, it's 55% off, or an additional 10% off with a debut or still new release, right? So to me I just assumed it was a way to put some vendors on sale who aren't in the PC+ promotion, and doesn't include extras for having a new item. Is it not working that way?

barbult said:

For the daily PC+ sales, it's 55% off, or an additional 10% off with a debut or still new release, right? So to me I just assumed it was a way to put some vendors on sale who aren't in the PC+ promotion, and doesn't include extras for having a new item. Is it not working that way?

The two sales go to exactly the same page for me: https://www.daz3d.com/friends-of-sale-tuesday

• barbult said:

The only reasoning I can think of is that they have finally fixed the messed-up discounting on Friends of the Sale and want to give us the opportunity to help the PA's that have been held hostage by the messed-up store upgrade. But then, giving us a bit of extra discount would make it much easier for us customers to compensate the PA's a bit for the lost sales during the past week.

• Anybody else having trouble subscribing to / bookmarking  forum threads to get notifications

• DarkS474DarkS474 Posts: 149
    edited November 2020
    barbult said:

The only reasoning I can think of is that they have finally fixed the messed-up discounting on Friends of the Sale and want to give us the opportunity to help the PA's that have been held hostage by the messed-up store upgrade. But then, giving us a bit of extra discount would make it much easier for us customers to compensate the PA's a bit for the lost sales during the past week.

They would sell way more with a 80% 4-hours flash sale then...

Post edited by DarkS474 on
  • The banner is just highlighting the PC sale element - it isn't a separate offer.

• barbult said:
    barbult said:

The two sales go to exactly the same page for me: https://www.daz3d.com/friends-of-sale-tuesday

In that case, if it's the same offer, maybe the sales page has gotten long enough that they wanted to highlight it so people didn't miss it. The banner doesn't have the new item information though...

•  

For some reason there is no "Gift Card" field on my check out. Anybody else experiencing this? (Mon. Nov. 9 @ 9:50pm EST)

I believe they were talking about there having been a way to pay with a giftcard directly during the checkout process before. The method for turning a gift card into store credit hasn't changed as far as I saw. If you are having trouble with converting a gift card to store credit, that's separate from the other question.

Thanks for the reply! smiley I wasn't aware of that it was possible to pay with a giftcard, I haven't noticed that, I thought I had to convert it to store credit. Thanks, then I don't have another bug, I was afraid I had another one lol. I haven't tried buying a giftcard because of the store issuses. 

• barbult said:

Just buy a $1 gift card and try it out. Why stress over this? If the $1 gift card works to your satisfaction, then buy the bigger one you want. 

Good idea if it weren't for the paypap fee, I'm not sure if it's the same for small purchases, but if it is it's going to be an expensive dollar. I'll think about it though it's better to loose that amount then a larger one.

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,016
    edited November 2020

For those concerned about receiving emails with Gift Card codes, they now appear on the order confirmation page that appears when one clicks on the order number for the successful purchase. I tried copy/paste from said page and it worked just fine.

code on order page.png
    1305 x 364 - 28K
    Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • Anybody else having trouble subscribing to / bookmarking  forum threads to get notifications

Not exactly, seems a tad haphazard though. From the email going to the forum post - sometimes get signed out first, sometimes not signed in and then get the sign-in page ... Found it best to be signed in to the forum [not the store, that's actually a separate thing to browsers], then click from emails to the forum post(s). Upon returning to emails, tend to then find emails for 'every' post made. Threads have to be bookmarked too which for those new to the site, that's done via that tiny nearly invisible square beside the title of the thread.

• For those concerned about receiving emails with Gift Card codes, they now appear on the order confirmation page that appears when one clicks on the order number for the successful purchase. I tried copy/paste from said page and it worked just fine.

Thank you so much for taking the time and post this, it helps me and many others I'm sure a lot! smiley One of the reasons why I wondered if it's the correct code is that I always got 2 codes before the store change, one wrong and one correct. But if yours works I feel more hopefull smiley. I'll write in this or the other thread if I manage to get it to work tonight or tomorrow. To help others and to write something positive also.

• I usually got/get only 1 email with the gift code. I have been receiving these emails too although it might take a few minutes for them to appear.

Before the one code would work BUT it was a good idea to copy/paste it to a text editor and then copy it properly from there as an extra space was often somehow included in the copy/paste from the email. One time when even that method didn't work clicking on the 'claim here' [whatever it said] in the email, that worked. I like seeing it on the order page lol ...

• I usually got/get only 1 email with the gift code. I have been receiving these emails too although it might take a few minutes for them to appear.

Before the one code would work BUT it was a good idea to copy/paste it to a text editor and then copy it properly from there as an extra space was often somehow included in the copy/paste from the email. One time when even that method didn't work clicking on the 'claim here' [whatever it said] in the email, that worked. I like seeing it on the order page lol ...

That makes me nervous a bit as I am a two giftcard mails person (I have read that others got 2 emails before also), maybe I will get a wrong code in the orders page? if I get an error when copy/pasting from the orders page I'll try copy into an text editor also, thanks for the advice smiley.  

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,733
    edited November 2020

I usually got/get only 1 email with the gift code. I have been receiving these emails too although it might take a few minutes for them to appear.

You don't need a text editor, just click on the input field and the cursor will show if there are trailing spaces.  But it shouldn't really be necessary, the store can and should remove any invisible leading and trailing characters automatically, it's simple to do.

Post edited by Taoz on
  • ThyranqThyranq Posts: 584

Sorry if this was posted earlier, I had a skim through but didn't see it. 

I purchased the Frida Viking Outfit this morning, but I'm still without any way to download it. It doesn't show up in DIM, DAZ Connect doesn't show it, the links on my order and product library pages either don't have download links, or they're broken.

Seen a couple of issues with this with some other items mentioned here, but didn't see one with this specifically so wanted to toss it out there just to make sure it's known, if nobody has mentioned it already.

This discussion has been closed.