It's Raining Men 2020 Contest - And the Winners Are...

Comments

• RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,181

voted heart

• Voted :D

• Just a reminder, it's the LAST day to vote. If you haven't voted for your favorites, do it today!

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/464171/it-s-raining-men-2020-voting-thread-now-accepting-votes#latest

• katywhitekatywhite Posts: 414

I voted (a while ago I forgot to comment here :/ sorry)!

• Saidge42Saidge42 Posts: 128

voted - best of luck to everyone! amazing entries this year :)

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,323

Voted

• The Voting is closed for this year's It's Raining Men contest. If you are a Gift Card donor and haven't purchased your donation yet, we will need those by tomorrow. I'll be sending out reminder PMs today if I don't already have your code or know that it's been purchased. I should be able to post the results of the voting by the end of today. Thank you for helping to make the running of this year's contest so smooth. It's been a pleasure.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313

Knittingmommy said:

The Voting is closed for this year's It's Raining Men contest. If you are a Gift Card donor and haven't purchased your donation yet, we will need those by tomorrow. I'll be sending out reminder PMs today if I don't already have your code or know that it's been purchased. I should be able to post the results of the voting by the end of today. Thank you for helping to make the running of this year's contest so smooth. It's been a pleasure.

Thank you for running it. 

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    edited January 2021

Here are the winners for the 2020 It's Raining Men contest!

Winners Please look at your Prize category to see what you've won. You can find that at this post. If one of your prizes is from a vendor's store, make your selection and then PM Daz_ann0314 with your selections. Please make sure to give Daz_ann0314 the email address associated with your Daz3d account as your prize will be added directly to your Product Library. Once everyone has made their choices, she will get your prizes added to your accounts. You might need to place your selections in the cart for a brief period. Daz_ann0314 can tell you when. Please PM her or me if you have any questions about making your selections.

Please allow up to 24 hours for the distribution of any Gift Card codes.

Thank you, everyone, for participating in the annual It's Raining Men Contest.

Main Category

1st Place -- #53 Tinker by @Phoenix1966

2nd Place -- #39 Wait by @evilded777

3rd Place -- #107 Pygmalion & Leucippus by @OriginalSamhain

Honorable Mention -- #1 The Case of the Missing Lady @scorpio

Other Categories

New User
    First Place -- #101 Bang by @AZDigitalArtist

New User
    Honorable Mention -- 111 Still Unbroken by @aprilshowers2065

Best Toon -- #47 Morning Routine by @Gordig

Re-Purposed -- #10 The Search by @LaPartita

Carrara -- #32 A Man for All Seasons by @UnifiedBrain

Best by a PA -- #104 Am I Not a Man? by @vyusur

Congratulations everyone! @FenixPhoenix will be posting the winners of the Storytelling categories soon.

Post edited by Knittingmommy on
  • FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,024
    edited January 2021

STORYTELLING WINNERS! ~updated

Thank you for participating! It was quite difficult choosing from such strong entries. In fact, it was indeed so difficult, we ended up adding places! So, I hope you had as much fun working on them as we did admiring and discussing them.

-----------------------
    Gold Storytelling
    -----------------------

1st Place | "KING OF THE HILL" by @Charles
             $10 Daz 3D Gift Certificate
             3 Products Total from FenixPhoenix's and Esid's catalog excluding Daz Originals
               We'll also create a texture LIE preset for him/her of a custom Face or Body Scar.
             2 Products from Darwins Mishap(s) store no collaborations/no Daz Originals
             2 Products from SBibb's store no collaborations/no Daz Originals

2nd Place | "REACHING OUT" by @Smoke14
             2 Products Total from FenixPhoenix's and Esid's catalog excluding Daz Originals
             We'll also create a texture LIE preset for him/her of a custom Face or Body Scar.              
             1 Product from SBibb's store no collaborations/no Daz Originals

3rd Place | "ACCIDENTAL DIMENSION HOPPER" by @BlueFox
             (previously 2nd place polishing prizes)

-----------------------
    Silver Storytelling
    -----------------------   

1st Place | "ACCEPTANCE" by @Symms
               $10 Daz 3D Gift Certificate donated by @watchdog79

2nd Place | "VIP PRIORITY" by @Denavin
               1 Product Total from FenixPhoenix's and Esid's catalog excluding Daz Originals

3rd Place | "THINK OF THIS AS AN INTERVENTION" by @Plasma_Ring
               1 Product Total from FenixPhoenix's and Esid's catalog excluding Daz Originals

---------------------
    Polishing
    ---------------------

1st Place | "Time Passage (2020)" by @Vwrangler [Original]

I'll be setting up a new thread sometime this weekend to provide feedback regarding the storytelling category entries. For those who wish to take part in it, I'll do it as a first-come, first-served order (that way I only focus on users who are interested in getting feedback).

To keep things manageable, this time I'll initially only focus on the biggest area of opportunity, thereby allowing me to more swiftly cover everyone. Of course, some may have more areas of opportunity they can tackle. So, after everyone has had their feedback, you're always welcome to ask if there are other areas to focus on/polish and I'll provide additional feedback (if I can think of any, that is).

Let me know what you think about this. If anyone has any suggestions as to how to better handle feedback, let me know!

Post edited by FenixPhoenix on
    Congrats to the winners. I forgot to say, i will PM this week those who won custom scars to get references from you :).
  • Cool! Thank you!

@Knittingmommy and I just noticed there was an overlap (a user winning two categories), so changes will be announced as soon as something has been decided (as the prizes are fairly similar). Just wanted to post it here as a heads-up so everyone's aware that another user will be announced as a winner in one of the two overlapped categories.

• Oh wow, thank you so much! I can't believe it! Thank you, and congratulations to all the other winners heart

• Phoenix1966Phoenix1966 Posts: 1,562

Congratulations to everyone!

• AndricausAndricaus Posts: 108

Congratulations winners!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,079

Congratulations winners

Updated the Golden Storytelling Winners to account for the overlap. @Smoke is now second place and @BlueFox has won third place. Thank you for participating!

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

Many grats everyone! :)

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,440
    edited January 2021

But... but... I NEVER win!

Thanks to everyone who voted and participated, and organized, and judged, and donated prizes.  I do look forward to this contest every year.

Post edited by evilded777 on
  • evilded777 said:

But... but... I NEVER win!

Thanks to everyone who voted and participated.

I think your luck has changed. :)

• Congrats to everyone that entered, and of course, to those that won, and to everyone that provided prizes, and to Kittingmommy for setting up, running, and counting up the votes. Thanks to you all.

Will we get to see how many votes our entries did get? I know that I'd like to know, and I'm sure others like might to know also. Cause if I only got one or two votes even after all these years, it hardly seems worth trying again next year. On the other had, if I was just one or two votes short of making thrird place, or an honerable mention, I'd like to know, means I might just make it next year. How about a copy of the spread sheet, or whatever totaled the votes?

Anyway, again, congrats to the winners.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,142

Congratulations to all the winners (several of my favourites there).

• Congrats to the winners! Some really awesome renders there!

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Congrads to all the winners!!!

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813

Thank you so much!

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,699

Congrats to the winners !!

• L'Adair added an Honorable Mention to the New User category which I forgot to add to the winners list. I've corrected that now. Congratulations to @aprilshowers2065 for the Honorable Mention in the New User category.

• I am slowly working my way through all the PM's with gift codes and prize information. Please be patient. I hope to have everyone PM'd soon.

• Knittingmommy said:

L'Adair added an Honorable Mention to the New User category which I forgot to add to the winners list. I've corrected that now. Congratulations to @aprilshowers2065 for the Honorable Mention in the New User category.

Oh wow, thanks! Wasn't expecting this!