It's Raining Men 2020 Contest - And the Winners Are...

Comments

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

Now I can see it :)

• This one is a little thank-you to @FenixPhoenix.

Iconic-Scars-02.jpg
    768 x 1024 - 512K
  • Voting is now open. Please go to the Voting Thread and follow the link to place your votes! While not requred, it would be nice is you come back to this thread to let me know you've voted. Voting will be open for two weeks. It will end on January 24, 2021 at Daz midnight.

• Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,425

I'm so sorry, but I'm a little confused.  I entered the contest, so am I supposed to vote?  And if so, should I vote for my own works, or not?  I tried reading the rules at the start of the thread, but I didn't see any voting rules.  Thanks!

• Voted.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313

Faeofthe3rdDimension said:

I'm so sorry, but I'm a little confused.  I entered the contest, so am I supposed to vote?  And if so, should I vote for my own works, or not?  I tried reading the rules at the start of the thread, but I didn't see any voting rules.  Thanks!

Yes you should vote, as for voting for own entry, thats up to you, personally i feel its rather bad taste , but each to their own.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313

Yes you should vote, as for voting for own entry, thats up to you, personally i feel its rather bad taste , but each to their own.

• Wow, what a mission trying to create another sign-in. Well done on all your hard work KM and moderators and thank you for the gift Gigi. I've better playing with the scars already. Very nice.

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

Voted

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,714

Voted

• 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,282

Voted

But it would have been handy to know what the repurposed item was in that catagory to see how well they had been repurposed. I guess the entry thread is hidden, so I couldn't check what was used in each picture.

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

Voted :)

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

I voted & thanks very much for all the work you and your colleagues did.

• Voted. :)

Lee

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    edited January 2021

Yes, vote. Entering the contest doesn't exclude anyone from voting. The voting is open to any person who has a valid forum username. While there isn't any rule against voting for your own works, it's a personal decision and most people don't. 

ETA: I did want to say that while I can see everyone's votes, I do not look to see what anyone voted. I feel those are personal and none of my business. I only verify that the usernames are valid and that everyone only voted once.

Post edited by Knittingmommy on
  • The Voting thread is now stickied at the top of the Art Studio, so if links confuse you, just go to the Art Studio and look at the top of the page for the Voting Thread.

• OK, odd question: my real id can't get access to the forums just now, so I have this temp one - should I type into the voting survey page my "real" id (under which my entries were posted) or this "temp" one?

• ImMelanieL said:

OK, odd question: my real id can't get access to the forums just now, so I have this temp one - should I type into the voting survey page my "real" id (under which my entries were posted) or this "temp" one?

You can if you want, but I'm aware of the problem so I've already made a note to myself. Just make sure to only vote once and you're good.The voting and the entries are separate, so it doesn't matter which id you use as long as you only vote on one of them.

• OK, I voted (I used my "temp" id, i.e. this one)

What a tough choice, I think the standard was even higher this year than usual. Well done everyone, and thanks Knittingmommy and everyone else involved in running this contest.

• WolfwoodWolfwood Posts: 675

Voted

• Hi Kittingmommy,

First off, thanks again for doing the contest again this year.

I would like to report my experience with the voting thread. I've tried twice now, once letting the page sit for over two hours, but the images all don't load. Now I admit to having a very slow internet connection, just 3 megs, not hundreds of gigs, but that's all I have available where I live. I suppose there are others that may have the same problem. It seems as if all the images are on one page and that single page takes forever to load. Would it be possible to break it down into a number of individual pages? Since I can't see all the images to pick from I can't really vote. Didn't have this problem in the past years.

Also, what happened to the entry thread, I tried looking for it to see the entries there, but it seems to have disappeared. I ask cause there are several images that did load on the vote page that I don't remember seeing when I whent through the entry pages just before the time expired for entering. I wanted to see how I could have missed seeing them?

Any help would be appreciated.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,083

Voted.

Another great set of images.  Well done everyone.  Thanks again, Knittingmommy, for all you do.

• @BronzeDragon Yes, the images are all on one page. They are not all in one post however. This is the way it's always been done on the forum since the start of the contest, so I'm not sure if there's currently a better way to do it. I suspect the issues with loading might be a forum thing as even with fast internet, I've seen a slight slowdown with images loading.

Unfortunately, the only way to split the images up is to have a bunch of posts taking up space without images which sort of negates having all the images in one place without the clutter of mulitple posts breaking up the images. I'm not sure what the solution is without the gallery being available. If the gallery had been available, I could have set up a temp folder in the gallery which might have made it easier for those with slow internet but possibly not.

I don't think I can ethically set up a gallery of some sort with all the images in a platform off the Daz fourms. First, I imagine that would be against the terms of service for the forums. Secondly, I would have to get the permission from everyone who submitted an entry if it were allowed by the forum to do such a thing. There's no guarantee everyone would agree to something like that. I'd be very leery of asking something like that since it wasn't stated in the rules before submitting entries.

I'm sorry you are having issues, but I honestly don't have a solution other than keep trying before the voting ends in two weeks.

• Voted!

• sueyasueya Posts: 826

Voted

• Voted, that was tough.

• plasma_ringplasma_ring Posts: 1,020

Voted, awesome work everyone! :D 

• Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,425

I voted!

And thanks, guys, I seem to remember some contest on this forum where we HAD to vote for ourselves... I may be crazy though.  But no, I normally would not vote for myself, and didn't.  It was hard choosing favorites, though!  So many great renders, and all so different!

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,440

Voted

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,027

Voted as well!