It's Raining Men 2020 Contest - And the Winners Are...

Comments

• plasma_ringplasma_ring Posts: 1,020
    edited December 2020

@Gordig Answering your question about my entry title over here: I imagine it's some poor shlub unfortunate enough to have crossed all four of them (five if you count both of Harvey). Although at least one party may have just come along for giggles. laugh 

Post edited by plasma_ring on
  • Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

Wow, I Finally managed to finish one of the scenes I had planned... I have no idea where time went hahaha

• sueyasueya Posts: 826
    edited December 2020

Sorry posted in wrong thread

ToonBoyinSimpleroom.jpg
    783 x 731 - 135K
    Post edited by sueya on
  • FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,027
    edited December 2020
    Great enrties everyone! Picking Storytelling winners this year is going to be very hard!
    Post edited by FenixPhoenix on
  • Last day to get your entries submitted. You have until tonight, 11:59 PM Daz Time (UTC -7) MST, to get everything uploaded. Make sure your posts are tagged with all the categories you wish to enter. If anyone has any issues uploading, please PM me or post in this thread. Good luck everyone.

Entry Thread Link

• Got my entry in!  @FenixPhoenix Thank you for your work with the storytelling entries from last year. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to redo last year entry.

Will give away the nightgown/nightcap I made as promised in another thread.

• Glad you entered this year as well, xmasrose (aka tulipe)! I will need to figure out how I can give feedback to the entries next year in a more controlled way so I can get to everyone in a timely matter. The way I did it this year was extensive but overwhelming for me.
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

xmasrose (aka tulipe) said:

Got my entry in!  @FenixPhoenix Thank you for your work with the storytelling entries from last year. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to redo last year entry.

Will give away the nightgown/nightcap I made as promised in another thread.

Thanks very much.

• This year's contest is now closed.

I want to thank everyone who participated. It's been a pleasure to run the contest again this year. Despite the issues with the forum, I don't think we had any major hiccups this year. I'll let everyone know when the voting thread goes live. It'll take me a couple of days to sort through all the entries, load them into my spreadsheet, and then create the voting thread. Watch this discussion thread for updates.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313

I forgot to put my last entry as a Toon entry as well is it ok to add that now or not as the competetion is now closed, thanks?

• scorpio said:

I forgot to put my last entry as a Toon entry as well is it ok to add that now or not as the competetion is now closed, thanks?

Yes @scorpio, go ahead and tag it as a toon since the entry is already up. If anyone else needs to double check their tags, do it now before I start the process of creating the voting thread. After tomorrow, it will be too late to make changes to categories! Your submissions stand. Don't make any changes to those, just the tags if needed.

PAs, please make sure all your submissions are tagged as PAs. Unfortunately, I don't know all of the PAs by name anymore because we had a bunch of new ones pop up in the store during 2020.

Knittingmommy said:

scorpio said:

Yes @scorpio, go ahead and tag it as a toon since the entry is already up. If anyone else needs to double check their tags, do it now before I start the process of creating the voting thread. After tomorrow, it will be too late to make changes to categories! Your submissions stand. Don't make any changes to those, just the tags if needed.

PAs, please make sure all your submissions are tagged as PAs. Unfortunately, I don't know all of the PAs by name anymore because we had a bunch of new ones pop up in the store during 2020.

Thankyou - will do.

Done,

and thank you to Gordig for reminding me.

Knittingmommy said:

If anyone else needs to double check their tags, do it now before I start the process of creating the voting thread. After tomorrow, it will be too late to make changes to categories! Your submissions stand. Don't make any changes to those, just the tags if needed.

Echoing this announcement. There are some entries that would fit into Storytelling but aren't tagged as such. Only tagged entries will be considered once we tally points and choose the winners for the Storytelling Categories. So don't forget to tag each of your renders :).

• denavindenavin Posts: 30

FenixPhoenix said:

Echoing this announcement. There are some entries that would fit into Storytelling but aren't tagged as such. Only tagged entries will be considered once we tally points and choose the winners for the Storytelling Categories. So don't forget to tag each of your renders :).

I have an image that would compliment my other two in the story category but that would make 3 images in the story telling category. I was under the impression that I could only have 2 images in a category, so I just dumped it in general.....(aeroplane crash in the desert).

denavin said:

FenixPhoenix said:

I have an image that would compliment my other two in the story category but that would make 3 images in the story telling category. I was under the impression that I could only have 2 images in a category, so I just dumped it in general.....(aeroplane crash in the desert).

Sent you a PM.

I've sent out a message with a link to a thank you gift to those who donated prizes and to those who participated in the storytelling category. If anyone didn't get the PM, please send me a message and I'll send you the link right away. :)

Thank you Fenix :) 

Carola O said:

Thank you Fenix :) 

My pleasure! Thank you for participating again this year!

Also, thank you to @vwrangler, @Tobias, and @SaraT for reaching out via PM. I figured out which batch didn't get sent so I've sent a message to those who were still missing. Hopefully, everyone received the gift this time. If not, please PM me. It's not you, it's a complicated relationship the one I have with the technical side of the forum, lol.

• Just a small update. I think I've got my spreadsheet all sorted out. I'll be taking a break and going over it one last time tomorrow to make sure I haven't missed anything. I should have the voting thread up by Friday hopefully. I'll post a link when it goes live.

• ElieElie Posts: 9

I can't reach the forum or my messages here since Jan1. So I created this alternate account until it gets fixed.

Thank you for the gift. Hopefully I'll be able to get it later.

this-is-xmasrose said:

I can't reach the forum or my messages here since Jan1. So I created this alternate account until it gets fixed.

Thank you for the gift. Hopefully I'll be able to get it later.

I've PM you :).

• I'm in exactly the same position as xmasrose (though my problem didn't start till January 2nd) - I have a support ticket outstanding to try to get access to my real forum account, but meanwhile I see the email copies of PMs but can't access the real things! (Like xmasrose I setup this temp id so at least I can see the forum.)

I was worried you would think me rude not to have said "Thank You" - believe me, it was not intentional.

ImMelanieL said:

I'm in exactly the same position as xmasrose (though my problem didn't start till January 2nd) - I have a support ticket outstanding to try to get access to my real forum account, but meanwhile I see the email copies of PMs but can't access the real things! (Like xmasrose I setup this temp id so at least I can see the forum.)

I was worried you would think me rude not to have said "Thank You" - believe me, it was not intentional.

Not a problem, Melanie. I've PM you the message also to this account so you can access it right away. I'm wondering what happened that several people have lost access to their account. Is it only the forum account or your DAZ account in general, that you've lost access to?

• ImMelanieL said:

I'm in exactly the same position as xmasrose (though my problem didn't start till January 2nd) - I have a support ticket outstanding to try to get access to my real forum account, but meanwhile I see the email copies of PMs but can't access the real things! (Like xmasrose I setup this temp id so at least I can see the forum.)

Is anyone else having issues accessing the forum under the username you submitted entries under? I'm wondering if this is a widespread thing or somewhat isolated. Luckily, I still have access. Hopefully, that continues until I get this voting thread up. Please reach out if anyone else is having issues. It shouldn't make a difference as far as voting goes. Anyone with a username on the forum can vote, whether under your original username or under another as long as the username is valid. And yes, I do check those before the final results get posted.

• Thank you @FenixPhoenix - I replied to your PM.

It's just my Forum access that is lost, the store is working fine (luckily because I have a stack of store credit waiting to be spent after the December GC sales).

• Update! I've completed the voting thread. You can find it here. No discussions in the Voting Thread. Please, bring all discussions to this thread. Anyone who entered an additional category can take a look at the last post in the Voting Thread and make sure your entry was submitted to the correct categories. If not, PM me. We're testing out the voting thread to make sure it works and I'll have a link for you soon.

We had to switch to Google Forms because SurveyMonkey threw me a curveball. Thre grid matrix I use for the main category is now a paid feature. While I might have been willing to go ahead and pay for a single month while the voting was happening, they didn't seem to have monthly options, just annual. So I had to figure out how to do the same thing with Google Forms. It stretched my decrepate brain a bit, but I think I figured it out. Hence the need to have a couple of people test the form before it goes completely public.

I'm heading to bed. I should be able to put the link to the survey up in the morning when I get up if the tests worked.

One of the images ( number 6 A Quiet Moment ) doesn't show for me, all the rest is showing though

• Carola O said:

One of the images ( number 6 A Quiet Moment ) doesn't show for me, all the rest is showing though

See if you can see it now. That was one of the images where there were issues uploading an attachment.