The foam Peanuts are a tad too sweet and I ate too much but don't feel full Complaint Thread

Comments

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited May 2014

M F M said:
    How do I make Hexagon less scary and more fun!

Certain people would suggest you take up Blender... ;-)
    Because it's more scary and less fun. :P
    Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited May 2014

Vaskania said:
    M F M said:

Hehe yes I was hoping people would interpret it that way... "because then you'll go screaming back to Hexagon and suddenly it will be much less scary and more fun"... although it could have been read the other way around too v(^_^)v.
    Post edited by M F M on
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Having a can't believe is Friday moment Can't believe it's Friday Oscar Mike Golf was Tuesday last time I looked :lol:

edited December 1969

M F M said:
    Vaskania said:
    M F M said:

Hehe yes I was hoping people would interpret it that way... "because then you'll go screaming back to Hexagon and suddenly it will be much less scary and more fun"... although it could have been read the other way around too v(^_^)v.

Blender gets a bad rap cos of the integrated UI. Lightwave is getting a bad rap for the split UI. I guess they could swap :lol:

Welcome and anytime and yes, took to Java from version 0.85b, it came with a MIDI library whoa awesome in the day :)

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited May 2014

morning all ready?

latte waker upper sssipppsss

email from godiva didn't have any chocolate pron in it today. disappointing, :lol:

i picked up benadryl this morning. gonna give it a try t'nite. allergy hurties.

yayy, i finally bought the Bon Bon dress. i want one of those for real life wear.

The Parallax Complaint Thread
    The Dragon Coochie Coos Complaint Thread
    The Emperor's New Skimpwear Complaint Thread
    The Life's a Beach Hammock Complaint Thread :lol:
    The I never made it Baldur's Gate Complaint Thread
    The Wanna Rock Complaint Thread
    The Final Final Fantasy Complaint Thread
    The Pajama Party Complaint Thread

counting down the hours til benadryl. like 7 hours. liquigels.

Post edited by Mistara on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,702
    edited December 1969

I need an iPod or similar music player. Listening to music on a tablet is hard. Here is my bus

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 1969

Didn't know many people ride the bus. I thought only me and Misty Whisky ride the bus.

Observation: Intel Pentium i3 processor renders HDRI lights too slowly. In some cases, Luxrender is faster than 3Delight. lol. I'll buy a 3.4 GHz i5 processor or faster. I think I'll order a custom made PC online.

edited May 2014

and another one rides the bus :lol: to the tune of 'another bites the dust' yep, :) more Queen song reference

6 more hours til benadryl,

Post edited by Mistara on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

M F M said:
    Vaskania said:
    M F M said:

I hear that Blender is one of those applications that you either love or hate.

Dana

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Having a can't believe is Friday moment Can't believe it's Friday Oscar Mike Golf was Tuesday last time I looked :lol:

You, too? :lol:

A few years ago a radio personality said that some scientists suggest that when you know a lot of people who feel the same way about how fast, or slow, time went this week...it may be because something really happened to time. It seems they think there are these areas of warped space/time that the planet drifts through now and then.

Dana

edited December 1969

almost lunchtime. i'm right in the middle of reading about business requirement and software development life cycle too. I mean, I started reading 30 minutes ago.

edited December 1969

planning my trip to Daz land even though I don't have a job. lol Looks like I'll need to change planes in the Prairie State. There will be a 1 hour 30 minute layover. ok, going back to watching some tutorials on youtube. Wish the audio was better so that I can hear people. Maybe the teacher is using a low quality microphone or sound card? Pity.. some of the videos are good except for the tinny sound.

flight_1.jpg
    524 x 198 - 18K
    edited December 1969

haz to go grocery shopping, can't decide what to cook this weekend. mashed potatoes, but then what? tomato soup. grilled cheese goodness. coleslaws. milk shakes :)

• M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 1969

haz to go grocery shopping, can't decide what to cook this weekend. mashed potatoes, but then what? tomato soup. grilled cheese goodness. coleslaws. milk shakes :)

Cupcakes! \(^_^)/
    edited December 1969

M F M said:

Cupcakes! \(^_^)/

warmed cupcakes with melty ice cream :-P

& chokko-lottay teenees :)

all sugar free o'course.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited December 1969

and another one rides the bus :lol: to the tune of 'another bites the dust' yep, :) more Queen song reference

6 more hours til benadryl,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZkouut-9RQ
  • Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Blender gets a bad rap cos of the integrated UI. Lightwave is getting a bad rap for the split UI. I guess they could swap :lol:

I tried LW 9's 30-day trial back when it first came out, and I much prefer the "integrated" UI in Blender.

As for running back to Hexagon because Blender's scarier . . . never. Of course I had already been using Blender for a few years before trying Hexagon, but Blender doesn't cr*p out and crash on me every 10 to 15 minutes, so I'll stick with (and continue to learn to work with) the harder UI, since I can at least produce something every time I open it, instead of giving up in frustration with Hexagon.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,575
    edited December 1969

..speaking of freebies, forgot that the "flashback" freebies only last for one day. Added two I must have missed to my cart the other day but when I opened it up today I noticed I was being charged almost 18$.

Also, another public release update so soon?

...The I Missed The Freebie Bus Complaint Thread.

• 1gecko1gecko Posts: 307
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

Make something simple like a round-edged cube with UVs for a Daz character to sit on :)

heck, you are already doing better than I at it! I just can't seem to get my mind to bend the way it wants to go...

... maybe I just need the 'right' tutorial... I dunno

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,575
    edited May 2014

Miss B said:
    ps1borg said:

I tried LW 9's 30-day trial back when it first came out, and I much prefer the "integrated" UI in Blender.

As for running back to Hexagon because Blender's scarier . . . never. Of course I had already been using Blender for a few years before trying Hexagon, but Blender doesn't cr*p out and crash on me every 10 to 15 minutes, so I'll stick with (and continue to learn to work with) the harder UI, since I can at least produce something every time I open it, instead of giving up in frustration with Hexagon.
    ...I agree about Hexagon. Even making it Large Address aware on my 64 bit system it still doesn't like me using smoothing and subdivision very much. Most likely it is due to he memory constraints it still must work under being only 32 bit. Crashed Silo in about ten minutes as well working on a simple "classic" flying saucer.

True Blender is far more stable and also 64 bit. but for me the frustration is with having to spend a tonne of time to just figure out the UI before I can even start on a simple project. Grasping the concepts of modelling are difficult enough.

Basically I need a modelling app with the power and stability of Blender that has the easy to understand UI of Hexagon. Why can't someone produce such a programme (and not charge a king's ransom for it like Autodesk does?).

...The Blender UI Hurts My Brain Too Much Complaint Thread.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ..speaking of freebies, forgot that the "flashback" freebies only last for one day. Added two I must have missed to my cart the other day but when I opened it up today I noticed I was being charged almost 18$.

Also, another public release update so soon?

...The I Missed The Freebie Bus Complaint Thread.

Yes! Worse, if you lose/miss the email with the link to them, good luck on finding them!

... complaint: My email program lobotomized itself earlier and I lost the email 'notice' (link) for today (as well as 20 odd other emails).

complaint: I ate something yesterday morning and it incited a rebellion in my bowels!

... was bad enough, until some bacteria with a hero complex blew up the 'Death Star' and things *really* got unpleasant!

edited December 1969

/facepalm

nevermind - found the link... the BIG HUGE HONKING LINK IN THE BANNER ACROSS THE STORE PAGE!

(sigh)

... please, at least tell me they just added that because people were having trouble finding it over the past few days?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

1gecko said:
    /facepalm

nevermind - found the link... the BIG HUGE HONKING LINK IN THE BANNER ACROSS THE STORE PAGE!

(sigh)

... please, at least tell me they just added that because people were having trouble finding it over the past few days?

Sorry to have to tell you it has been there all along.

edited December 1969

(sigh)

I blame it on my glasses - still getting used to bifocals and I am quickly starting to 'ignore' the blurry areas around the 'sweet spot' that is where I can only see clearly...

yeah.. that's it.... sure it is... sounds logical....

(sigh)

@#!@#!!@~!!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

hmmm

funny-pictures-now-where-in-the-hell-did-i-leave-mah-glasses.jpg
    500 x 374 - 39K
    edited December 1969

thanks everyone for making me more sociable. long story short: before I saw the Daz forum I didn't have many friends who had the same interests as me. nice to talk to other people who like computers and graphics all over the world. Hey, at least people on the Daz forum don't leave mean criticism on my artwork. Thanks everyone.

ok, going back to studying. at least I don't need to take a test for a grade.

edited December 1969

Morning. A mob of songbirds calling out the sun from behind orange streaked grey, clouds promising rain although it hasn't really so far this week :)

edited December 1969

I just took a bath with bath salts. I also took a pain killer. My feet were hurting me. Trying to remember if I took a walk or not.

edited December 1969

Didn't know many people ride the bus. I thought only me and Misty Whisky ride the bus.

Observation: Intel Pentium i3 processor renders HDRI lights too slowly. In some cases, Luxrender is faster than 3Delight. lol. I'll buy a 3.4 GHz i5 processor or faster. I think I'll order a custom made PC online.

Yeah I ride the bus as it is much cheaper than keeping my car running,

edited December 1969

iz that where the sun went? :lol:

nothing but drab grayness drizzl here.

popped 2 benadryls. waiting for the magic to heal my ailings

This discussion has been closed.