The foam Peanuts are a tad too sweet and I ate too much but don't feel full Complaint Thread

Comments

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited May 2014

Thanks for all the hugs!
    My Mom was having one of her more lucid days, even showing a bit of her old sense of humor.
    Me: Today is May 27th. Do you know what makes today special?
    Mom: No...
    Me: It's somebody's birthday!
    Mom: Yours?
    Me: No, mine is August 27th. Today is your birthday!
    Mom: It can't be. I stopped having birthdays. (twinkle in her eye, a little grin on her face)
    Me: (laughter) No, it's your 90th birthday today.
    Mom: That's a lot of birthdays.
    Me: (smiling) And I hope you have many more.
    Mom: (nods)

She also called me by name and said "I love you" without being prompted. Today was a good day for us both. :)

Post edited by TJohn on
  • starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited May 2014

3Delelight renderman bug with Olympia texture. Yuck. I need to re-apply her texture.

edit 2: forgot to post the error message:
    3Delight message #45 (Severity 2): S2069: the interface of shader 'C:/Documents and Settings/me/Application Data/DAZ 3D/Studio4/shaders/brickyard/{407f8e5c-3a9b-4708-b5e5-799ff1fe7c1d}/shader_Surface.sdl' is invalid
    3Delight message #45 (Severity 2): S2051: cannot load shader 'brickyard/{407f8e5c-3a9b-4708-b5e5-799ff1fe7c1d}/shader_Surface', will use 'defaultsurface'

edit: That was nice converstation that you had tjohn. Thanks for sharing.

bad_olympia.jpg
    264 x 372 - 39K
    Post edited by starionwolf on
  • GallCommTVGallCommTV Posts: 239
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Thanks for all the hugs!
    My Mom was having one of her more lucid days, even showing a bit of her old sense of humor.

She also called me by name and said "I love you" without being prompted. Today was a good day for us both. :)

What a wonderful post! ..
    Reading it has me in tears, ... not upset, but VERY moved!
    Saying a little prayer, for your Ma, and indeed for you too...

Vin

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Thanks for all the hugs!
    Mom: It can't be. I stopped having birthdays. (twinkle in her eye, a little grin on her face)

I'm very happy to hear that!

Dana

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited May 2014

Morning. Gloomy, cold and busy. My file server has crashed taking the house DNS server with it. Need to reinstall, only got a mobile internet service right now :) Is blocked where I'm going right now *waves* :)

Post edited by ps1borg on
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    tjohn said:
    Thanks for all the hugs!

Dana

+1. :)

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

next vacation isn't til November. wahhhhh

too tired to render tnite/ sigh

some scrabble with playstation be relaxing.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    DanaTA said:
    tjohn said:
    Thanks for all the hugs!

Dana

Best Wishes for your family :)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    1gecko said:
    ps1borg said:
    1gecko said:
    ha! only the 'good stuff' (or so I am told) - the rest just burns going down!!

Awww they told me the burny stuff wuz better, no wonder head hurted so much afterward :lol:

Is that really true that people are twelve times more likely to recount a negative experience? I guess thirteenth is the charm hey :lol:

yep! companies spent a LOT of money on numerous studies and experiments trying to find (and later disprove) that little factoid - it is one of the reasons that most of your better run/managed companies will go to great lengths to avoid a 'bad' experience that is plainly their fault and bad publicity: people WILL repeat it over and over (and often - if it is juicy enough - the listeners will too).

there is some cultural variance in that - for example traditional Japanese are slightly less likely to repeat/spread it, but make up for it by being much more likely to *act* on it! (no repeat business)

...so it makes me wonder why Jägermeister is so popular. The stuff tastes like the bad cough medicine you hated taking as a kid.

Then there's "To-kill-ya" which to me taste's absolutely wretched straight, yet go to a club or bar and you see all these people pounding down "straight shots".

...or buffalo wings...deep fried, overly spicy, overly vinegary taste sure to promote a bad bout of indigestion (along with other discomforts if one drank heavily) the next morning. Purposely making myself sick the next day really doesn't sound like much fun, I have enough aches & pains to deal with.

I've never gotten sick from buffalo wings! I love the ones at Pub 99, they make the best ones. And it might do you some good to try them again...capsaicin naturally fights inflamation!

Dana
    ...the combination of an overly hot and overly vinegary sauce on top of greasy deep fried chicken pretty much makes me ill. Never much liked Tabasco™ either.

Now a good hot chili, a burrito smothered in Tapatio, Jambalaya made with a spicy Cajun Andoulle, or a steaming hot bowl of curry beef or chicken over rice, that I can handle.

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Thanks for all the hugs!

...sweet. Need to hear more things like this these days.
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    tjohn said:
    Thanks for all the hugs!

...sweet. Need to hear more things like this these days.

Agreed. Not enough nice stories with happy endings these days.

Dana

edited December 1969

...I know,

Baring a major miracle, mine is unfortunately headed the opposite direction.

edited December 1969

gonna skip my usual nite nite cuppa.

nite nite

tucks under blankies

edited December 1969

Goodnight, Misty!

Dana

• 1gecko1gecko Posts: 307
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Bittersweet day today. This is my Mom's 90th birthday. Alzheimer's sucks. :down:

Yes... yes it does :shut:

condolences

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Thanks for all the hugs!

awesome! -

edited December 1969

ahh... the sorrows of the nocturnal leezard! everyone gone to sleep...

COMPLAINT! store doesn't say how long the various 'specials' are running!! I have no idea what to buy and I can't afford it all ='(

especially that SIXTY dollar dragon!! O.o W.T.F. is up with that?!?!

I love dragons... not as much as Rez (but then, who does?), but I *do*! And the new morphs/shapes look really good... but not sure I can justify $60 at the end of the month (when I have already spent a good bit on an earlier sale)... and that is not even picking up any of the 'characters' for it!

... and some *idiot* pulled out into rush hour traffic this evening ahead of me and made a bunch of us have to slam on breaks to avoid an accident (luckily we did - barely)! My right arm grabbed the dog as she shot from the back seat towards the front window and now the torn do-hicky in my shoulder is *very* upset with me! (but Cricket is fine, so that is the important part - catching a flying 56lb lab one-armed is tricky!)

edited December 1969

I'm still up. But I'm about to go watch the news. I might be back later, or maybe not. It depends.

That dragon...I'm not buying it. I have the Mil Dragon 2, Eastern Dragon, and a bunch of stuff for it...never used it yet. Same for the Horse 2...until I have used the original, and the LoRez one, I have no reason to get Horse 2. Same goes for a lot of the new Genesis 2 stuff. It's just too much. Well, basically I'm broke...so none of this even matters, anyway.

Dana

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,391
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    DanaTA said:
    tjohn said:
    Thanks for all the hugs!

Dana

+2 :P

Eh, in less important news I'm still seeing all text on the forum in BOLD font =/

edited December 1969

Look at your settings in your browser...perhaps they went bonkers on you. If everyone saw bold, then I'd say it's the site. But since that is no the case, it has to be on your end. Have you tried a different browser to see if it's bold in that one too?

Dana

edited May 2014

DanaTA said:
    I'm still up. But I'm about to go watch the news. I might be back later, or maybe not. It depends.

That dragon...I'm not buying it. I have the Mil Dragon 2, Eastern Dragon, and a bunch of stuff for it...never used it yet. Same for the Horse 2...until I have used the original, and the LoRez one, I have no reason to get Horse 2. Same goes for a lot of the new Genesis 2 stuff. It's just too much. Well, basically I'm broke...so none of this even matters, anyway.

Dana

...same here, not much into the fantasy genre, though there are Great Dragons in the Shadowrun universe. However, they are rarely seen in public (at least after Dunkelzahn's demise, after all he ran for UCAS president back in the 2050s). I think the only time I ever used the original Mil Dragon was just the head (which I applied a stone shader to) for a wall fountain.

Horse2 interests me more in that I hope there will be other four footed livestock and game creature morph kits based off it.

Still waiting for Cat2 and Dog2.

[ETA]

...than again, I noticed there is a very very convincing HD Godzilla morph. Radioactive monsters are another thing entirely.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Look at your settings in your browser...perhaps they went bonkers on you. If everyone saw bold, then I'd say it's the site. But since that is no the case, it has to be on your end. Have you tried a different browser to see if it's bold in that one too?

Dana

It's happening for me on Gmail and on Google Search as well. DeviantART, CivFanatics, Halo Waypoint, FurAffinity... All the other websites I frequent are just fine. It's only these three sites (So far that I can tell) that are doing this.

This only started happening after I had windows check my Graphics Driver and update it, after which it solved the OpenGL display problem Photoshop was complaining about (Yay!) but then this started happening. If I go into FireFox's settings and uncheck the "Allow websites to choose their own fonts, instead of the settings [I pick] above" then the problem goes away, at the cost of the fonts sometimes looking unappealing with the site's usual layout. When enabled, this happens.

I don't have this problem with Opera though.

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

It's happening for me on Gmail and on Google Search as well. DeviantART, CivFanatics, Halo Waypoint, FurAffinity... All the other websites I frequent are just fine. It's only these three sites (So far that I can tell) that are doing this.

This only started happening after I had windows check my Graphics Driver and update it, after which it solved the OpenGL display problem Photoshop was complaining about (Yay!) but then this started happening. If I go into FireFox's settings and uncheck the "Allow websites to choose their own fonts, instead of the settings [I pick] above" then the problem goes away, at the cost of the fonts sometimes looking unappealing with the site's usual layout. When enabled, this happens.

I don't have this problem with Opera though.

Maybe you can get some advice over at the Mozilla forums...they have forums, right? I think they do. I'm sure you aren't the only person this has happened to...at least I hope not.

Dana

edited December 1969

Cat 2 and Dog 2, huh? There is also a new horse model over at that other place that we can't mention. Weight-mapped figures are nice and all, but at the prices they want, nice will have to wait...maybe a long time.

Dana

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    * There is also a new horse model over at that other place that we can't mention. *
    Dana

Huh http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/41527/

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    DanaTA said:
    * There is also a new horse model over at that other place that we can't mention. *
    Dana

Is that in the Platinum Club subforum? Every time I click it the link just sends me to my Dashboard...

• M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    chohole said:
    DanaTA said:
    Dana

Is that in the Platinum Club subforum? Every time I click it the link just sends me to my Dashboard...

Yes.

edited December 1969

M F M said:
    Rezca said:
    chohole said:
    DanaTA said:
    Dana

Yes.

Ah okay. I sort of figured that, but shouldn't it just display a message saying so instead of randomly sending me to my account? (Like it does for so many other things :P )

edited December 1969

was in the 80Fs yesterday, today is in the 50's. crayzee

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited December 1969

All the previous talk about hot wings made me miss Wooly. :down:

90 pages in so...

The What Are You Looking At? Complaint Thread
    The I Want A Fifth Green Square Complaint Thread
    The Return Of The Gecko Complaint Thread
    The We Don't Need No Stinkin' Hot Wings Complaint Thread
    The Confusing Sales Promotions Complaint Thread