The foam Peanuts are a tad too sweet and I ate too much but don't feel full Complaint Thread

Comments

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

Wow it got quiet in here! Everyone must be out enjoying the weather. I just mowed the lawn for the first time. Almost passed out at one point. I mean, my head got light and things got dim. Came inside and had some water and rested a few minutes and I was good to go. It's not like it was hot out, either. We only hit a high of 66 F at 2:45 pm today.

Dana

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited May 2014

DanaTA said:
    Wow it got quiet in here! Everyone must be out enjoying the weather. I just mowed the lawn for the first time. Almost passed out at one point. I mean, my head got light and things got dim. Came inside and had some water and rested a few minutes and I was good to go. It's not like it was hot out, either. We only hit a high of 66 F at 2:45 pm today.

Dana

Hope that's all better now. The high temp here hit 85 F today...I'll trade you. ;-P

ETA: I've heard that you can talk to plants. I mowed my lawn for the first time Monday, and I've been trying to discourage the grass from growing back. :)

Post edited by TJohn on
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Morning. Amber sunbeams like a friendly wave atop the city skyline and left over bright patches of warm in our garden to sit in makes for a good start to the day :)

edited May 2014

tjohn said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

Hope that's all better now. The high temp here hit 85 F today...I'll trade you. ;-P

I always say, "I'd rather sweat than freeze!" But a happy medium is best. Have you met a happy medium? :lol:

Dana

ETA: I'm fine...it just lasted a few minutes then I was back to normal...whatever that is. Thanks for asking. :-)

Post edited by DanaTA on
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    tjohn said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

I always say, "I'd rather sweat than freeze!" But a happy medium is best. Have you met a happy medium? :lol:

Dana

ETA: I'm fine...it just lasted a few minutes then I was back to normal...whatever that is. Thanks for asking. :-)

Take care of yourself Dana :)

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited May 2014

DanaTA said:

Dana

Yeah, I think the high outside of Baltimore, MD was 59 degrees today with all the clouds. I've been busy studying software development. So much to learn.. so many abstract concepts. It seems that that the local college I went to didn't teach me all the material that I want to know.

edit: I didn't really have time to do some renders earlier today.

Post edited by starionwolf on
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    tjohn said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

Dana

As far as Mediums go, Zoltar seems fairly happy. :)

01fd69411471fd23c97255a569d69529.jpg
    736 x 736 - 269K
    edited December 1969

ssippss TEA ssssipppppssss glug glug :lol:

The We Will Rock You Complaint Thread
    The Under Pressure Complaint Thread

tee hee. Queen rock block on the radio

The Please hold the Sale til Pay Day Complaint Thread

The Ironman gets Shwarma Complaint Thread
    The Hulk Suckerpunch Complaint Thread --> Thor :)

The Delicious Treats Complaint Thread
    The Godiva Pron Complaint Thread (complaint, cuz iz big no-no)

Bismilla!

edited December 1969

Got so much work to do before all the work I'm supposed to do can get done. Install server from DVD, three hours. Check out backups, at least an hour. Meanwhile sitting in the sun is real nice just now :)

edited December 1969

Ironman has joined my lil desktop family :lol:

hehe needing some small furry creatures to help me out today :)

edited December 1969

1gecko said:
    ps1borg said:

*waves* Think the line from Prometheus is really a line from Lawrence Of Arabia: Peter O'Toole as TE Lawrence holds a burning match to his finger and when someone else tries the trick and ouches he says: The trick, William Potter, is to not mind it hurts" :lol: But the body always remembers what the mind tries to forget hey so yes know what you mean about delayed-reaction shakes :lol:

lol! I think you're right - that was Peter O'Toole in the movie

though I think that statement/philosophy it true for much of/in Life - it's *going* to hurt, but that is no reason not to Live it!

Am criticised often for having a "thick skin" but attitude counts more than thickness I reckon :lol:

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,704
    edited December 1969

Having problems with Acrobat again. It won't open the pdf files.

I also cannot find my left 4 dead game and I want to play it soon.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Ironman has joined my lil desktop family :lol:

hehe needing some small furry creatures to help me out today :)

My desktop family are ponies and a betta fish. Sometimes he gets mad at me and I do not know why most of the time. Though when I tease him with a mirror he hates that.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

Bismilla stomps miniature city model. :)

funny ncis episode, Mcgee speaks klingon, translating something like, your mother has a smooth forehead :lol:

feeling too tired to make tea, willpower, getting up to make tea.

train your dragon 2 comes out in a couple weeks, haven't seen the 1st one yet.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    DanaTA said:
    tjohn said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

Dana

and fashionable :)

edited December 1969

How do I make Hexagon less scary and more fun!

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    DanaTA said:
    tjohn said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

Dana

and fashionable :)

Zoltar knows all :lol: Will this install ever finish, haz been saying 30 minutes for, well, a half hour or so :lol:

edited December 1969

Make something simple like a round-edged cube with UVs for a Daz character to sit on :)

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

Dana

Yeah, I think the high outside of Baltimore, MD was 59 degrees today with all the clouds. I've been busy studying software development. So much to learn.. so many abstract concepts. It seems that that the local college I went to didn't teach me all the material that I want to know.

edit: I didn't really have time to do some renders earlier today.

What were your courses in college?

Dana

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Morning. Amber sunbeams like a friendly wave atop the city skyline and left over bright patches of warm in our garden to sit in makes for a good start to the day :)

Sounds nice. Enjoy it while you can!

Dana

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

Dana

IT related courses: Intro to Information Systems, introduction to networking, C++, Java 1 and 2, Oracle 1, Oracle PL/SQL. I did not learn any of the dot net or web services stuff, just the desktop software material with the exception of introduction to networking. So, I can create java programs that run under the JRE, but not a java applet over a network. My skills are outdated. The software engineering course was lousy because the book was terrible. I don't think I learned much.

My mom thinks that I should've gone to a technical school instead of a business school. If you want any more details out the IT courses then I can post them later.

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    ps1borg said:

Dana

yes damn got all this work to do just to get ready to do work I said I'd do when sunlight gold and glorious iz streaming from a cloudless blue sly. That is my complaint :lol:

edited May 2014

DanaTA said:

Dana

IT related courses: Intro to Information Systems, introduction to networking, C++, Java 1 and 2, Oracle 1, Oracle PL/SQL. I did not learn any of the dot net or web services stuff, just the desktop software material with the exception of introduction to networking. So, I can create java programs that run under the JRE, but not a java applet over a network. My skills are outdated. The software engineering course was lousy because the book was terrible. I don't think I learned much.

My mom thinks that I should've gone to a technical school instead of a business school. If you want any more details out the IT courses then I can post them later.

You inherit from the Java Applet class, override the init() start() stop() and run() methods from that and remember to grab a graphics context if you need to from the client (normally) cos the server is probably headless :)

Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited May 2014

DanaTA said:

Dana

I know that syntax is a bugger, but with C++ and Java, plus Oracle, you have a good basis there if you paid attention! Because the fact is simple...programming is programming. The basic concepts of logic and good practices are constant throughout any programming language. It's just getting to understand the syntax and the unique libraries of the particular language. Until things happened to me in 2006/2007, I could pick things up really fast. I worked on my AS in Computer Science at BCC in the early 90s, got it in 1993. There was one course in Assembly (yuk!), three accounting courses, one course that was the first time they had it on dBase (I already knew everything in it from working with FoxBase+ at the time, which was a better application than dBase, always a few steps ahead of them through the upgrades), two semesters of RPG-II, and three semesters of...COBOL. Wordiest language I've ever worked with. But as I said, the concepts of good logic and good practices are the same. You just have to get used to the syntax of the new language, and the libraries it uses. That's been the bugger for me. My site is my classroom for ASP.NET, with VB.NET and a little C#.NET, a little javascript and AJAX and, of course, SQL Server.

Take some time to look at some sample code. Get yourself a free version of Visual Studio at the Microsoft site. It might be a little pared down, but you can still do a lot with it. I have Visual Studio 2010 Pro. You can also get SQL Server Express and SSMS and work with those on your computer.

Actually, an Oracle job pays really well if you want to do that. You'd have to start in an entry level position, but even those pay pretty well from what I'm told. I wasn't impressed with Oracle. I went to Oracle University in Boston for several course, paid for by the company I worked for at the time (COMDEX/Key3Media), They had a new CEO and he decided that Visual FoxPro was dead (it was not) and old tech and wanted to use new tech. I told my boss it was going to be bad. I knew the users. They didn't like slow. When they replaced the custom VFP application with Oracle Financials it was terrible. One user came down to my office and told me that a process she does all the time that used to take 15 seconds to run in the VFP app, took 15 minutes in Oracle Financials!

Anyway, if you want to learn the .NET stuff, do what I said. And check out these sites:
    Code Project Heavy focus on .NET tech, but other things too like HTML5 and others.
    4 Guys From Rolla A lot of .NET stuff there.
    Both sites have a lot of tutorials and downloadable sample code.
    SQL Server Central Name says it all. Lots of good stuff there, articles, forums, in-depth tutorials.

Dana

Post edited by DanaTA on
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    DanaTA said:
    ps1borg said:

Dana

yes damn got all this work to do just to get ready to do work I said I'd do when sunlight gold and glorious iz streaming from a cloudless blue sly. That is my complaint :lol:

Work begets work. :smirk:

Dana

edited May 2014

Phew data backup iz intact, so far as I can tell - 850 GB how did it come to this? - without actually using it to restore. Feeling lucky so going to drop a new backup disk in and freeze this one - gah not much luck so far with new fangled 2TB drives so better push luck and drop a new drive enclosure in as well.

Is funny but didn't realise how tired I got this week until stuff started working again, stress I guess (non complaint) :lol:

eta well lucky lucky lucky network render only dropped 8 frames when it crashed and the motion caches seem intact so dont have to do it again wow

Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    ps1borg said:
    DanaTA said:
    ps1borg said:

Dana

Dana

Think I just used up a life :lol:

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    DanaTA said:
    ps1borg said:
    DanaTA said:
    ps1borg said:

Dana

Dana

Think I just used up a life :lol:

Well, I hope you have several backups so we can continue to enjoy your morning prose!

Dana

edited December 1969

hi Dana, thanks for the tips. I like Oracle. Haven't played much with MySql or even Microsoft SQL server. Come to think of it, haven't tried the database program in OpenOffice much either. Sorry for the short reply but it is 1:30 in the morning. need sleep. lol Bye

• M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited May 2014

Certain people would suggest you take up Blender... ;-)

ETA: thanks for the Java overview Ps1 - I'll have to bookmark that next time I run into "getting started" issues >_<.</p>

Post edited by M F M on
This discussion has been closed.