Why does DAZ Studio customers like Conforming Cloths better then Dynamic Cloths ?

1111213141517»

Comments

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987
    Mardook said:

So.... is anyone planning on bringing more dynamic clothing products for genesis 2 and 3 figure? Would love to see more if they are being offered. :)

I'm working on a set in my free time!

Would that be VWD-dynamic, or OPTITEX dynamic? Just curious, as VWD works on everything... though  it would be great to be able to have a cloth with presets that it doesn't take many hours of trial and error finding the best solutions for (even though the results ar amazing!)....

• VWD. Its unique flexibility is something I've been waiting for for ages now! I will offer to Daz first but I honestly don't know if they'll inherently reject it for being for another broker's product. Anyway, that's a ways out. I want to make sure it has great textures, and I have two other large sets to get through in the near future first.
  • BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987
    VWD. Its unique flexibility is something I've been waiting for for ages now! I will offer to Daz first but I honestly don't know if they'll inherently reject it for being for another broker's product. Anyway, that's a ways out. I want to make sure it has great textures, and I have two other large sets to get through in the near future first.

Well, if they don't accept it, that's their bad. I'd certainly buy your product if it was released elsewhere. smiley

The one good thing is that clothing can be multi-generational now. I've been using V4 dresses on G2, only parenting them, and it's working great. I'm having problems with pressed dresses, though, as they'll always lose the presses, as there's too much memory if I stiffen them.

But I saw that Rendo has a full subdirectory for VwD at their forum, maybe I'll scamper there if time permits this weekend. I mean, the progrm works the same, no matter what bridge you are using.  

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,888
    edited September 2016

One thing I'm pleased about is the prospect of using it for stuff that's not clothes, like melting wax, ground deforming under monster feet, etc.

Among other things, I'm curious if I can pull off 'pouring water'... I tried with Optitex and it never came out quite right. Though Optitex at least has an 'internal pressure' factor that helps stuff from just collapsing.

Post edited by Oso3D on
  • Just purchased vwd and daz plugin have it installed and working so was wanting to ask if anyone use this to get rid of the underboob cling ? If so any tips on how to achieve this?

Pretty easy in both. Any simple drape will cause the clothing to sag and flow downward, though if the clothing clings or has a lot of friction that will happen less.

The trick is getting the clothing to drape smoothly while still retaining shape and not just slipping off the person, which can be manipulated in different ways depending on what you are using.

• Thanks i been trying with a conforming tank top the waist area drapes but still clings on the breast im not sure what settings to use

Another issue is to make sure the material has enough room to work with. Make sure the clothing is big enough to fall. Another thing to try, with Optitex, is the scaling thing, and make sure Stretch resistance is low. With the other one, use default stuff and give it time to drape... it can be slow. I sometimes increase gravity a lot to help pull the clothing down faster.

If that doesn't work, go into Elastic settings and set it higher than 100%, like 105 or 110. This makes the clothing expand rather than contract.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

One thing I'm pleased about is the prospect of using it for stuff that's not clothes, like melting wax, ground deforming under monster feet, etc.

Among other things, I'm curious if I can pull off 'pouring water'... I tried with Optitex and it never came out quite right. Though Optitex at least has an 'internal pressure' factor that helps stuff from just collapsing.

There is something, as long as its a closed mesh.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    mrgraphix said:

Just purchased vwd and daz plugin have it installed and working so was wanting to ask if anyone use this to get rid of the underboob cling ? If so any tips on how to achieve this?

It might be too tight; and instead of fitting it, just manually position it, then use the scale option in VWD; it's under vertices Groups. If you don't fit it, you might have to do a pose-drape; VWD is pretty good at getting items in the correct position though, even with poke through. The only issues I've had is when the collision object intersects the ground.

• Thanks for the tips Will! I'll try those tips. Getting rid of clingy outfits is why i got this software lol I just need to learn it :)

• Thanks nicstt ill try that aswell

• wargiswargis Posts: 142

May I ask I question too - has anyone here tried the DAZ Studio Bridge for VWD Cloth Plugin with DS 4.9 Public Builds, especially with the latest 4.9.3.71 Pro Edition Public Build? I installed this new release as an extra beta build of DS in addition to my old favourite DS 4.6 and wanted to test the VWD plugin with that Bridge. The plugin itself works nice in Poser, but when I used the bridge for DS and tried to export the animation to DAZ Studio, the animation export reaches 100% (all frames) and my DS build crashes and I lose all results. I tested this tool also with simple posing from frame 1 to 30 and DS crashes too. I have read many positive reviews about this bridge from other DS users - maybe it's a bug of this particular Build only? If there were any bugless beta builds of DS 4.9, which one is suitable for VWD plugin? Or which options should I check within the plugin window to get a successful simulation export, even though for static posed renders?