Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 7

Comments

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,003
    edited December 1969

Horo - thanks the lens is fun to use.

Guss - thanks for the explanation about the clouds.

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Excellent renders folks, and David that shoreline for terrains video looks very interesting. I haven't had much time lately to play in Bryce, but I hope to try that out sooner rather than later (and I don't mean DAZ soon).

• TLBKlausTLBKlaus Posts: 70
    edited December 1969

Hello all, sorry it's been so long since i stopped by... :D

I am so going to try that shoreline technique, it looks cool!

Here's a few recent things, some more Aikobot work and I also got Stonemason's sweet
    Utopia city blocks set, and updated my old flying cities project with a new more-futuristic look. :D

utopiacity3.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 1M
    utopiacityapproachdev.jpg
    1600 x 800 - 742K
    utopiacitywip1dev.jpg
    1200 x 675 - 510K
    darkaikodev.jpg
    1600 x 800 - 735K
    aikovenusdev.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 920K
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,129
    edited December 1969

@Dave - that coast scene looks great. It's been a while since I've last been to Cornwall.

@TLBKlaus - nice renders. I like the flying cities.

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@TLBKlaus: Those are very nice images. I believe I'm with Horo about the flying cities.

Well, our Antiquities Structural Restoration Project has been completed. It was a challenge, but it's completed. The head engineer faced many design challenges (hoops) with existing guidelines but managed to (jump through) persevere. Funds were tight but we managed. We had to include a before and after image, and it seems regulations have been satisfied. Should we encounter another such project, we will endeavor to be better prepared with greater funds (inducements).

Lava_10_2.png
    1080 x 810 - 2M
    Lava_10_1.png
    1080 x 810 - 2M
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043
    edited July 2014

@GussNemo : I get to a stage in a project where tweaking was causeing more damage than good :-) This was the best of them although I am still not happy with the hard edge horizon.

Ignore these they were done in DAZ Studio. I have been working in both DAZ and Bryce and got the images confused :red:

This is another one I have been working on.

Native American Village.

I started off making a basic scene. (image 1)

Added some sky and interest. (image 2)

Lost that through a crash :long:

Started again (image 3)

Added some interest. (image 4)

Added lights and camera. (image 5)

natam-village-006.jpg
    1000 x 600 - 459K
    natam-village-005.jpg
    1000 x 600 - 521K
    natam-village-003.jpg
    1000 x 600 - 539K
    natam-village-002.jpg
    1000 x 600 - 446K
    natam-village-001.jpg
    1000 x 600 - 482K
    Post edited by Fishtales on
    edited December 1969

The final render I added the dog, for more interest, and filled in the empty space on the right.

natam-village-009.jpg
    1000 x 600 - 568K
    edited December 1969

To make up for the mistake in the last posts here are a couple of BRYCE renders :-)

I changed the light in the second one which made a difference.

Elfholme

elfholm-002.jpg
    1000 x 556 - 449K
    elfholm-001.jpg
    1000 x 556 - 419K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited July 2014

DId you use the same NA encampment as I did

evening_encampment_last_try_hires.jpg
    1107 x 830 - 658K
    Post edited by Chohole on
    edited July 2014

@Jamie - yup, looks great now. I hear you. I'm usually quite swift in setting up a scene and then the hours rush by just tweaking this or that. And looking at my great artwork the next day, I usually judge what I'd cobbled together much more sober.

@Sandy - the Native American Village came out nicely. I'm not sure I like the fire. The non-ignited fireplace looks better to me. The second Elfhouse is the better version in my eyes.

EDIT to add: @Pam - that looks great.

Post edited by Horo on
    edited December 1969

@chohole -- It looks like it :-)

edited December 1969

Sandy If you want the Tipi textures I did I could try packing them up for you

This is the raw render, so you can see the colours

evening_encampmanet_2.jpg
    1104 x 848 - 164K
    edited July 2014

@chohole - That would be good. I like to make changes to all the items in a scene if I can so that it looks a bit more 'real'.

Your scene could be straight from an old lithograph picture :-)

Like these

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Marion_Russell

Now this would look good done in Bryce or DAZ Studio.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Battle_of_Spottsylvania_lithograph.jpg

Post edited by Fishtales on
    edited July 2014

Actually Sandy, I am being a bit forgetful I did actually make this into a full freebie package Silly me. Page 11 of my site

http://chohole.ovbi.org/page_11.htm and scroll down to Cheyenne, it is the last zip

And You should have DS settings as well as Poser ones in the zip

And that image, I don't think I could manage that in Bryce. Too many figures, even with layered renders. Nice though

I have done some in the past about the ACW

White trash and The Blue and the Grey

killing_your_brother.jpg
    800 x 600 - 394K
    white_trash_2.jpg
    675 x 900 - 408K
    Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

@chohole - I downloaded it and a few more of your textures that could end up being used too :-)

Those are nice looking scenes especially the second one.

edited December 1969

I like that render Pam, and the old time sepia look is nice, though it looks more greyish than tanish.

edited December 1969

@Sandy: I've done the tweaking thing to the point of needing to reload the scene from a saved file. I've since learned to tweak one thing at a time so I could undo to the original without too much trouble. Like your progression images to the final image. Nice work. Yet, like Horo the fire doesn't look right.

@Horo: Thank you. I usually end up tweaking something in all of my scenes. Especially if someone, like hansmar did, catches something I missed. But I think there's a point where tweaking doesn't add much to the overall look of a scene.

@Pam: Nice looking scenes.

Since I fixed the church foundation, and because I took the opportunity to adjust the cloud positions, I re-rendered my Ancient Valley scene. All comments and suggestions are welcome.

Lava_12.png
    1080 x 810 - 1M
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Got sidetracked with the foamy coastline effect. I did start it but then hit some snags.. Will get back to it soon. :)

Meanwhile... this:

GullCoast.jpg
    1111 x 500 - 219K
    edited December 1969

Talk about turbulent seas!! Nicely done Dave.

edited December 1969

@Dave: Great scene. I'm with Miss B about the water.

I saw something I thought I'd try to make, but came up with these images instead. Getting rerouted isn't necessarily a disturbing thing.

Check_Tunnel_4.png
    1080 x 810 - 611K
    Check_Tunnel_1.png
    1080 x 810 - 608K
    edited December 1969

@Pam - very nice renders.

@Jamie - great, the clouds look better this way. The "rerouted" thingies look interesting.

@Dave - looks quite violent, the sea.

edited August 2014

Beautiful renders by everyone.

Guss- interesting effect you got with the black and white thingy, it seems like looking through a kaleidoscope only this is a two colored one.

I’m really enjoying the Lens and Filter pack by Horo and David. After viewing the files and video for the Lights in Lens effects, this is my attempt. I used the Spherical Map of the Furka Hdri. The second one is the Spherical map of the Furka Hdri after Tone mapping. And lastly I couldn’t resist an animation. Once again I got a friend to convert the avi file to a gif one.

lightngwl6.jpg
    600 x 600 - 51K
    gwl2-ani.gif
    300 x 300 - 2M
    lightngwl4.jpg
    600 x 600 - 29K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
    edited August 2014

@mermaid010 - great to see things we haven't thought of. The first is very appealing to me, the animation is just cool. I should also try a GIF animation at some time, I have the tools and made some years ago.
    EDIT - no, your first HDRI used is Platform1. The animation uses Furka.

Meanwhile, I have also an abstract I cobbled together this afternoom to show. No, it is not mirrored. Two slightly different terrains with a lot of specular and a bit of diffuse grey and reflection. 4 radials with rather elaborate gradients light the scene. And we look through the EWL (extreme wide-angle fisheye lens). I call it Sausages.

Sausages.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 277K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited December 1969

Horo - You could be right about the first one using the Platform Hdri I have been using these two Furka and Platform Hdri in my attempts.

Your render is very nice, very unusual.

Here another using David’s tutorial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HshX7rdoqIc&feature=youtu.be

gwl013.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 73K
    edited December 1969

@Horo: Thank you concerning both images. I like you sausages image, though I've seen similar things but they weren't sausages. ;-)

@mermaid: Thanks. I'm with Horo about your first new image. Love the deep blue spot with green ring that draws the eye to that spot. Animation is super, as is the other image.

• Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 846
    edited December 1969

@mermaid010: Lovely animation. I think, I watched too long, I feel a bit dizzy ;-)

• Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 846
    edited August 2014

GussNemo said:
    Getting rerouted isn't necessarily a disturbing thing.

Guss That happens too me all the time with Bryce. I start with the David's foam tutorial and end up with a staircase and have no idea how that could happen afterwards.
    Post edited by Electro-Elvis on
  • David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

GussNemo said:
    Getting rerouted isn't necessarily a disturbing thing.

Guss That happens too me all the time with Bryce. I start with the David's foam tutorial and end up with a staircase and have no idea how that could happen afterwards.

That's more than half the fun.

It is good to see all the experiments taking place, Dave's having a go at the water, Mermaid is exploring the strange world of the extremely wide angle perspective and a whole host of other thing I've nosed over in the last few days. It's good. A relief from working on curvature filtering!

I've spent a lot of time doing terrain materials recently. It is a very involved process, so it's kept me pretty much fully Bryce occupied. However, Horo's suggested a break and we are looking into space. Here's a little experiment with a procedurally generated galaxy.

Proc_galaxy4.jpg
    850 x 850 - 118K
    edited December 1969

Thanks Guss, Electro-Elvis and David. I never realized animation in Bryce was so much fun, but then again what I am doing is very basic following David's tutorial that came with the Lens and Filter Pack.

David- nice space render.

edited December 1969

@David: Nice looking space scene. And a question, one I've wondered for some time. How does a person know when to use an altitude, slope, or curvature filter? I've seen them used in your tutorials, but have yet to realize when I should them in my own scenes.

This discussion has been closed.