UltraScenery [Commercial]

Comments

• blosseblosse Posts: 46

Something I'm working on Upland 2 and Oaks 11

Test.jpg
    960 x 960 - 960K
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,903

Just noticed in DIM there is an update to https://www.daz3d.com/ultrascenery--landscape-features-volume-1

Does anybody knows, what it contains and what features were updated?

I also wonder, if I can install it without installing the update to UltraScenery itsef

(the one that took away possibility to create flat areas without vegetation on them).

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,170

According to the ReadMe it is probably the fix to stop trees growing in the wrong place:

Resolved Issues

• 06/09/2020 - Fixes to masks, in order to stop plants and trees growing through jettys

I'm pretty sure it doesn't touch the UltraScenery stuff directly, so you should be OK to install it and keep your bare flat areas.

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621
    edited June 2020

I need help so I needed to get the dock and person (hidden in this render) closer to the water and decided to move the water instead of the everything else then decided that did work because I had to go up to high.  Well... now my reeds and dock are water marked and I dont know how to get rid of it...  I tried adjusting the water level in the surfaces tab to a negative number and it didn't help.  I also tried rebuilding the scenery and that didn't work either.

Nevermind, Im so dumb I didn't realized I had dropped the whole scenery set.blush

rattyreeds.jpg
    3000 x 2132 - 6M
    Post edited by Daventaki on
    MelanieL said:

According to the ReadMe it is probably the fix to stop trees growing in the wrong place:

Resolved Issues

• 06/09/2020 - Fixes to masks, in order to stop plants and trees growing through jettys

I'm pretty sure it doesn't touch the UltraScenery stuff directly, so you should be OK to install it and keep your bare flat areas.

Ok, thanks for that. Probably give it a try.

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,328

In a secluded corner of the Enchanted Forest. . .

My latest experiment with UltraScenery combines a scene generated from island 3 and willow 7 with Jack Tomalin's Pavilion of Montchanin. I think the combination works rather well. 

Cheers,

Alex.

Ultra Island 3 Willow 7.JPG
    3000 x 1875 - 1M
  • TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    Artini said:

Just noticed in DIM there is an update to https://www.daz3d.com/ultrascenery--landscape-features-volume-1

I also wonder, if I can install it without installing the update to UltraScenery itsef

(the one that took away possibility to create flat areas without vegetation on them).

It fixes pokethrough of plants on the jettys (Lake 1 & Island 1). It should be independent of the core Ultrascenery update

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944
    edited June 2020

I bought the Ultra Scenery product today & am doing my first render. I have Alessandro's European Grey Squirrel on one of the aspen trees close up & am rendering it via the LAMH Catalyer plugin. Problem though: Either the aspen tree has to few polygons to be a very round trunk or the texture applied to the aspen tree the squirrel is on has a long straight seem running down the trunk.

Also, I don't like how far that instanced objects can shift in a textured shaded viewport to the iRay rendered image. I had to guess where to put the squirrel to get him on the tree where I wanted him.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on

I bought the Ultra Scenery product today & am doing my first render. I have Alessandro's European Grey Squirrel on one of the aspen trees close up & am rendering it via the LAMH Catalyer plugin. Problem though: Either the aspen tree has to few polygons to be a very round trunk or the texture applied to the aspen tree the squirrel is on has a long straight seem running down the trunk.

Also, I don't like how far things instanced objects can shift in a textured shaded viewport to the iRay rendered image. I had to guess where to put the squirrel to get him on the tree where I wanted him.

What I do with placing objects in UltraScenery, I open the camera with top view and frame ultra scenery in it.

Then select the object, one wish to place and move it around to the approximate point, where it should be placed.

After that, I create another camera, switch to view from it and frame the object in that camera view.

Usually, I need to adjust position on Y axis, so the object is above the terrain and frame my posing camera on that object, again.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

Also, I don't like how far things instanced objects can shift in a textured shaded viewport to the iRay rendered image. I had to guess where to put the squirrel to get him on the tree where I wanted him.

As the trees are optimized for using a lot of them as instances, I would expect them to be less than stellar for close up renders. That may not be the case, but it is what I'd expect. I have other tree products I'd use for a single tree in a case like this one. In fact, I'd most likely use the UltraTrees, though I don't see an Aspen in either the base or the addon.

You could single out the original prop and try applying a bark shader to it to see if that helps. (Easiest to locate and select the prop in the scene tab, then Focus on the selection; in Perspective View, of course.)

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

You can use a single UltraTree for close-ups.  They don't all match the ones in the UltraScenery product, but you can get close enough.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,224

The "instances" visible in the viewport are just proxies that give you an idea of where the actual instances will be located. If you want to put a squirrel on a tree, I suggest adding an actual tree prop to your scene and putting the squirrel on that tree. Then you have total control on the placement and orientation of that tree. UltraScenery has a Plants folder where you can find the aspen tree props. These trees are meant to fill an entire landscape. I've rendered pretty close and they look good, but I'm not sure how well they look as closeup as squirrel size.

edited June 2020
    Artini said:

It fixes pokethrough of plants on the jettys (Lake 1 & Island 1). It should be independent of the core Ultrascenery update

Thanks a lot for the update - there is no pokethrough of plants on dock 2 in Lake 1 preset, as well.

Daisy 8 with Acicia tail - https://www.daz3d.com/acicia-bundle-for-genesis-8-females

was curious, how it will work for her... so below is iray render of her and Lake 1 UltraScenery.

Daisy844pic01.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 839K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

Very nice, Daventaki.

edited June 2020

Another render of Foxy Lady with the updated Landscape Features - https://www.daz3d.com/ultrascenery--landscape-features-volume-1

I still could not find the proper words, to describe how happy I am with UltraScenery.

I am enjoying every moment, I am using it.

Thanks a lot, HowieFarkes and TangoAlpha, for all the hard work involved with creating such the powerful products.

Daisy845pic04deg200.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 949K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited June 2020
    L'Adair said:

As the trees are optimized for using a lot of them as instances, I would expect them to be less than stellar for close up renders. That may not be the case, but it is what I'd expect. I have other tree products I'd use for a single tree in a case like this one. In fact, I'd most likely use the UltraTrees, though I don't see an Aspen in either the base or the addon.

You could single out the original prop and try applying a bark shader to it to see if that helps. (Easiest to locate and select the prop in the scene tab, then Focus on the selection; in Perspective View, of course.)

There is a proxy version and a rendered version of the trees.  

I've been rendering the scene for a while & it looks like the tree trunks must have 3 sides based on the look of my render so I think repplying the texture won't help not that I know the seam is not from a texturing problem. 

I think in the future maybe I need a product like https://www.daz3d.com/instaedit InstEdit to take the one instance of of the ground that I have a closeup and raise the subD of the instance if possible of substitute with a high res modeled tree suitable for the environment generated by Ultra Scenery.

thanks, I'll do what Barbuilt suggests since I checked the tree & it has only a base resoltion.

Artini said:

What I do with placing objects in UltraScenery, I open the camera with top view and frame ultra scenery in it.

Then select the object, one wish to place and move it around to the approximate point, where it should be placed.

After that, I create another camera, switch to view from it and frame the object in that camera view.

Usually, I need to adjust position on Y axis, so the object is above the terrain and frame my posing camera on that object, again.

thanks

edited June 2020
    barbult said:

The "instances" visible in the viewport are just proxies that give you an idea of where the actual instances will be located. If you want to put a squirrel on a tree, I suggest adding an actual tree prop to your scene and putting the squirrel on that tree. Then you have total control on the placement and orientation of that tree. UltraScenery has a Plants folder where you can find the aspen tree props. These trees are meant to fill an entire landscape. I've rendered pretty close and they look good, but I'm not sure how well they look as closeup as squirrel size.

thanks, I did use the non-instanced version of the aspen in that product and the seam is there so I'll use a tree out of another product.

feature extension request:

It would be nice if Howie Farkes updated his Ultra Scenery product to choose a series of objects in a scene tab, eg the 5 quadrants in Urban and the 4 quadrants in Urban Sprawl 2 with quadrants (touching edges or not) and then create a ecosystem surrounding the selected quadrants. So basically flatten the ecology where those quadrants are and leave them empty of biology, water, roads and other such features.

Similarly, with the old Carnival / Circus sets from back in Generation 4 / Generation 5 days and so on. 

So we'd select the 'ground planes' cummulatively in the Scene Tab for such products and USC would have the smarts to incorporate them by creating it's ecology height map surrounding them on all 4 sides with rivers, dirt roads, and such going around/between (if edges weren't touching by a big enough margin) them.

Also it would be nice is there was a way for us to select surfaces in such products cummulatively like Urban Sprawl 3 and then startup USC and configure it to join the road surfaces selected with the USC generated dirt roads. I guess it's just a matter of time that you could create the geometry of paved roads with street lamps and power lines.

And I'm not done with feature request: A driveway surfaces cummulatively joined via selection in the scene tab and joind by a USC route street function on the height map which would be nice too. Example, joining Collective3D's and other standalone houses and buildings available in the DAZ Store and elsewhere.

But there's more: A join Seas/Ocean/Pond/Lake/River with USC river function. A bridge over river/bay function by designating a section road surface as a bridge in the scene tab via geometry names/surfaces names.

Conventions would have to be followed but those things are easy enough to rename in DAZ Studio.

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470

So, I just updated with the latest, and tried to open one of my existing scenes using UltraScenery (to add tree depth) and it fails:

2020-06-15 14:21:20.249 Loading script: G:/Hobbies/Daz/Studio/content/Environments/Landscapes/UltraScenery/UltraSceneCreator.dse

2020-06-15 14:21:20.545 WARNING: Script Error: Line 425

2020-06-15 14:21:20.545 WARNING: SyntaxError: Unable to parse JSON string

2020-06-15 14:21:20.545 WARNING: Stack Trace:

<anonymous>()@G:/Hobbies/Daz/Studio/content/Environments/Landscapes/UltraScenery/UltraSceneCreator.dse:425

2020-06-15 14:21:20.550 Error in script execution: G:/Hobbies/Daz/Studio/content/Environments/Landscapes/UltraScenery/UltraSceneCreator.dse

Anyone else seeing that?  Do I need to start from scratch?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,224

No, I haven't had a problem opening previously created scenes. Is it only one specific scene, or does it happen on all your scenes? When does it fail? Are you selecting the UltraScene item in the Scene pane and then running the script, or does it get further than that and fail when you try to build again?

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

I was able to open an existing scene and run the latest updated version on it. Did you modify a .json file to create that saved file? That's what comes to mind seeing that "Unable to parse JSON" error.

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470

I only made one scene so far  :)  I was waiting for the update to start again, and no, I don't know enough to tinker with the JSON's  ;-)  

• HowieFarkesHowieFarkes Posts: 586
    edited June 2020

UltraScenery - Pines has been released... unfortunately the store page is currently showing "Mossy Hollow Botanica" as a required product and that is incorrect. The set requires "Nature Trees Pack 4" by Andrey Pestryakov.

Will post this on the front page of this thread until it is fixed.

Post edited by HowieFarkes on
  • SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

UltraScenery - Pines has been released... unfortunately the store page is currently showing "Mossy Hollow Botanica" as a required product and that is incorrect. The set requires "Nature Trees Pack 4" by Andrey Pestryakov.

Some promos show a mix of trees.  Can we do that  now?

• Lothar WeberLothar Weber Posts: 1,611

Just bought it... have Mossy hollow but not nature tree pack, which's not reduced - sadly crying

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

I have a question.. which may have been answered earlier in the thread but I honestly wasn't able to read through all of the pages (sorry :) ). I am on a 8 gb ram computer, with a GeForce GT 730 nvidia card. Will that be able to handle this this product?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,924
    Carola O said:

I have a question.. which may have been answered earlier in the thread but I honestly wasn't able to read through all of the pages (sorry :) ). I am on a 8 gb ram computer, with a GeForce GT 730 nvidia card. Will that be able to handle this this product?

LOL you might be better off using Carrara like me devil

on the brightside Howie has a bunch of similar sets for Carrara (I own them all)

• HowieFarkesHowieFarkes Posts: 586

UltraScenery - Pines has been released... unfortunately the store page is currently showing "Mossy Hollow Botanica" as a required product and that is incorrect. The set requires "Nature Tree Pack 4" by Andrey Pestryakov.

Sevrin said:

Some promos show a mix of trees.  Can we do that  now?

Some of the ecologies in this pack also make use of the trees that come with the UltraScenery base product - that's why there are mixed species.

This discussion has been closed.