UltraScenery [Commercial]

Comments

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,151

There's an add-on utilising Mossy Hollow Botanica plants nearing completion for those dense jungle scenes.

Ooh, pretty! (And another one I have the pre-reqs for)

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,151
    Uthgard said:
    MelanieL said:

A couple of scenes I built today (I didn't have a lot of spare time, so nothing very exciting)

First is using River 2 and Oaks 04, with Merln Studio's Ruined Cottage and a few extra plants.

Second is my own clearing feature and Oaks 07, with the old Mog Ruith building with Celtic Hall texture, tweaked a little for Iray.

To whom should I sacrifice my firstborn to acquire such arcane knowledge? Or maybe you accept lesser currency, such as a thirdborn or a not much-loved in-law?

No sacrifice required, just a little enthusiasm, a decent text-editor, a 2D painting app and a tiny bit of bravery (risking "breaking" UltraScenery!)

I saw barbult's post about a likely add-on, but if you really can't wait then just copy (careful not to wipe out the real one) one of the existing Features sub-libraries and call it by your own chosen name (I used USC Road 2 and called it MLL Clearing), modify the height and texture maps to paint in a clearing (I use Photoshop Elements) and save them with a name that matches your naming conventions, edit the copied .json file to match your naming convention and reference your new maps (I use Notepad++) then try it all out. Cross fingers that it works, fix it if it doesn't. Simples! (?)

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

Beautiful renders, everyone! Looking forward to the new add-on(s)!

HowieFarkes, I noticed in some of my own renders as well as others here that the tall grasses/reeds sometimes grow not only along the banks but also across the river. Would you be able to give us an option to prevent them from growing across the river (like if we want to use the river for canoe scenes)?

• MelanieL said:
    Uthgard said:
    MelanieL said:

A couple of scenes I built today (I didn't have a lot of spare time, so nothing very exciting)

First is using River 2 and Oaks 04, with Merln Studio's Ruined Cottage and a few extra plants.

Second is my own clearing feature and Oaks 07, with the old Mog Ruith building with Celtic Hall texture, tweaked a little for Iray.

To whom should I sacrifice my firstborn to acquire such arcane knowledge? Or maybe you accept lesser currency, such as a thirdborn or a not much-loved in-law?

No sacrifice required, just a little enthusiasm, a decent text-editor, a 2D painting app and a tiny bit of bravery (risking "breaking" UltraScenery!)

I saw barbult's post about a likely add-on, but if you really can't wait then just copy (careful not to wipe out the real one) one of the existing Features sub-libraries and call it by your own chosen name (I used USC Road 2 and called it MLL Clearing), modify the height and texture maps to paint in a clearing (I use Photoshop Elements) and save them with a name that matches your naming conventions, edit the copied .json file to match your naming convention and reference your new maps (I use Notepad++) then try it all out. Cross fingers that it works, fix it if it doesn't. Simples! (?)

Somehow, the sacrifice seemed like the easier option, but I guess that's how they getcha. Thank you for the detailed instructions, I guess I am quickly running out of excuses to keep sucking at using 2D paint programs, so I may try my hand at something. I must say, your image with the clearing really gave a second lease on life to the Mog Ruith set, so that's a really encouraging result to aim for!

• mavantemavante Posts: 734
    RGcincy said:

So many great images being posted. I finally had a chance to give it a try myself. I must say this is the best scenery product out there. Can't wait to try it out more.

Fabulous results. Looks like a photograph—and very touching storytelling.

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,808
    mavante said:

Fabulous results. Looks like a photograph—and very touching storytelling.

Thanks for your comment @mavante I appreciate it

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,808
    edited May 2020
    double post
    Post edited by RGcincy on
  • 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470
    edited May 2020
    Bamber said:

i run the script but  did not  work ??!!

it show this : an error occurred while reading the file .

log file :

2020-05-17 11:43:27.150 Error in script execution: D://Environments/Tango Alpha/UltraScenery/UltraSceneCreator.dse
    2020-05-17 11:44:31.800 Loading script: D://Environments/Tango Alpha/UltraScenery/UltraSceneCreator.dse
    2020-05-17 11:44:31.825 WARNING: Script Error: Line 364
    2020-05-17 11:44:31.825 WARNING: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: DsFileSystem
    2020-05-17 11:44:31.825 WARNING: Stack Trace:
        <anonymous>()@D://Environments/Tango Alpha/UltraScenery/UltraSceneCreator.dse:364
    2020-05-17 11:44:31.825 Error in script execution: D://Environments/Tango Alpha/UltraScenery/UltraSceneCreator.dse

Looks like you've installed the script into the Tango Alpha folder of your library - it needs to be in /Environments/Landscapes/UltraScenery/

I ran into the same.  Maybe in a future version it could be relative to the ../UltraScenery/  folder if possible, so that we can put the script in our Content Library in our preferred location?  :)  Working on my first test today!  Looking forward to seeing how it works.

Update:

Wow, create and render, denoise and adjust...took longer to create than render.  Love it!  Missing background stuff, but looks great, render out of the box!  Highly recommended, well done!

Post edited by 3dOutlaw on
  • edited May 2020

Probably should have let this one cook a little longer but I wanted to share an idea. I love the winter tree UltraScenes but I wanted ... snow. So I duplicated the Ultrascene node( it's just the terrain), raised it 12 centimeters on the Y-axis  so some of my grass and trees would look like they were poking through a little bit, threw a snow material on the duplicate and voila! Now if someone could share ideas for getting snow on the tree branches, I'll be set

Snow.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
    Post edited by kennrowe_f558b276d6 on
  • Lothar WeberLothar Weber Posts: 1,611

Probably should have let this one cook a little longer but I wanted to share an idea. I love the winter tree UltraScenes but I wanted ... snow. So I duplicated the Ultrascene node( it's just the terrain), raised it 12 centimeters on the Y-axis  so some of my grass and trees would look like they were poking through a little bit, threw a snow material on the duplicate and voila! Now if someone could share ideas for getting snow on the tree branches, I'll be set

Very nice idea yes great. 

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited May 2020

It will take a bit of work, but you can use DA Let it Snow on the original tree objects. I just tried it, and it works.

You will have to isolate each tree by hiding the rest, (and the proxies,) so you can see what you're doing; (They all occupy the same space under the terrain.) The oak trees I used also had the leaves show up on the shell, so I had to hide those in the shell's parameters. I applied snow shaders to the shell for both the trunk and twigs.

Once you're done adding snow, don't forget to unhide all the trees and proxies!

One big caveat, all those shells will add to the render time.

Post edited by L'Adair on
  • L'Adair said:

It will take a bit of work, but you can use DA Let it Snow on the original tree objects. I just tried it, and it works.

You will have to isolate each tree by hiding the rest, (and the proxies,) so you can see what you're doing; (They all occupy the same space under the terrain.) The oak trees I used also had the leaves show up on the shell, so I had to hide those in the shell's parameters. I applied snow shaders to the shell for both the trunk and twigs.

Once you're done adding snow, don't forget to unhide all the trees and proxies!

One big caveat, all those shells will add to the render time.

Thank you for testing that! I was just looking at that in the store and wondered if it might be my solution. Once my wallet recovers from my latest Daz binge I'll have to add that to my collection.

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621
    edited May 2020

Recently picked up Dandelions so I thought I would add some to a scene, also tried out one of the new features I have not used yet.  Shame it didn't put 1 will tree over to the right.  Ill probably change that later but its 2am here and time for bed.  Oh and need to do post work on the dock.....

WillowsDandelions.jpg
    1884 x 1023 - 2M
    Post edited by Daventaki on
  • alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,315

My latest dark and evil experiment with UltraScenery. Inspired by @daventaki and others, I've taken a scene generated from Pond 1 and Woodland 2 and plonked the central part of Faveral's Lake Village into it. 

Cheers,

Alex.

Ultra Pond Woodland 2 Lake Village.JPG
    3000 x 1875 - 997K
    Daventaki said:

Recently picked up Dandelions so I thought I would add some to a scene, also tried out one of the new features I have not used yet.  Shame it didn't put 1 will tree over to the right.  Ill probably change that later but its 2am here and time for bed.  Oh and need to do post work on the dock.....

Looks cool!  

So what is everyone tricks for backgrounds using this?  The plain blue for lighting is OK, but any tips for other sky's, HDRI's, backgrounds?  How do they handle reflections if you are using the pond/stream?

@3dOutlaw: Here are just a few of the posts of renders from this thread where HDRIs are used. I only went up to page 7, but if you keep going there will be more. HDRIs by DimensionTheory, OrestesGraphics, and Denki Gaka were used. You can see reflections of the skies/clouds in the water.

Render 1

Render 2

Render 3

Render 4

Render 5

Gogger said:

Playing with more alternate skies and tossed in the beautiful A-Frame cabin. Fireflies added in post.

Thanks @dawnblade!

This above is example you pointed out is what I was getting at. (I must have scrolled by it too quick)  This is using an HRDI, but aslo has trees into the distance, and mountains.  This is what I am trying to understand how to add that in, as the HDRI or backgroun prevents me from using a transparent background and doing it in post...I think.  this one is @Gogger, so I am tagging him in case he (..assuming since green puppet man) can comment?

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,309
    edited May 2020
    3dOutlaw said:
    Gogger said:

Playing with more alternate skies and tossed in the beautiful A-Frame cabin. Fireflies added in post.

Thanks @dawnblade!

This above is example you pointed out is what I was getting at. (I must have scrolled by it too quick)  This is using an HRDI, but aslo has trees into the distance, and mountains.  This is what I am trying to understand how to add that in, as the HDRI or backgroun prevents me from using a transparent background and doing it in post...I think.  this one is @Gogger, so I am tagging him in case he (..assuming since green puppet man) can comment?

Hello, @3dOutlaw - If I understand correctly you are wanting to add the trees and mountains etc, into your scene and want a transparent background?  A bit tricky if so.  You *can* use an HDRI for the ambient light and turn Dome off so you can add your own background, but then you would have to fake the reflections in the water and the results can be mixed. I think the one I used in the referenced scene had the midground forest and distant mountains built in.  I think I used Easy Environments: Witchcraft: Eclipse for the background, but I try so many things out it is hard to keep track.  Be sure to check out FlipMode's other stuff - you might find something you like!

There can be tradeoffs to get what you want, sometimes it just doesn't work how you want it to.  I often have a very specific idea in mind, but then get distracted just trying out different things and if I am lucky I find something better than what I was thinking. :)

Post edited by Gogger on
  • HowieFarkesHowieFarkes Posts: 584
    edited May 2020

A free update to UltraScenery is in QA at Daz at the moment. It has a little new feature that allows you to extend the forest trees past the bounds of the terrain. Not a perfect solution for every rendering but can add some nice depth to the landscape and minimise that "edge of the earth" look.

forest extend.png
    1600 x 1045 - 3M
    forest extend 2.png
    1600 x 1040 - 4M
    Post edited by HowieFarkes on
    What a great idea to extend the trees! Thank you @HowieFarkes!
  • gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948

Thank you Howie!

Thanks @Gogger and @HowieFarkes!  Very helpful and a significant free update!

A very positive development.  Can I ask what terrain was used in the second image - the one where the track appears to be crorssing a river?  

Cheers,

Alex. 

edited May 2020

A render of a combination of 2 upcoming products - a Harpwood Trail ecology pack and a Tracks and Trails features pack.

@alexhcowley Looks like maybe two seperate scenes turned but I could be wrong might be something included with the "tracks and trails feature pack"

Post edited by Daventaki on
    Daventaki said:

A render of a combination of 2 upcoming products - a Harpwood Trail ecology pack and a Tracks and Trails features pack.

@alexhcowley Looks like maybe two seperate scenes turned but I could be wrong might be something included with the "tracks and trails feature pack"

Thanks.  I thought it might be something from Howie's forthcoming attractions list.  He must be a very busy guy!

Cheers,

Alex. 

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301
    edited May 2020

I'll see your dandelions and raise you mushrooms!

Post edited by Sevrin on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,861

A free update to UltraScenery is in QA at Daz at the moment. It has a little new feature that allows you to extend the forest trees past the bounds of the terrain. Not a perfect solution for every rendering but can add some nice depth to the landscape and minimise that "edge of the earth" look.

That looks great and really extends already awesome product, as well.

Sevrin said:

I'll see your dandelions and raise you mushrooms!

Very pretty!  I like the glowing mushrooms and the dandelion seeds floating around.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,162
    edited May 2020

I'm enjoying all the images everyone is posting here. I got the AM Brown Bear in fast grab the other day, so I put him in Harpwood 1 ecology with a pond.

UltraScenery Harpwood 1 Pond 2 Brown Bear.jpg
    2600 x 2000 - 6M
    Post edited by barbult on
    barbult said:

I'm enjoying all the images everyone is posting here. I got the AM Brown Bear in fast grab the other day, so I put him in Harpwood 1 ecology with a pond.

Great stuff!  Can I ask what you used to light this image?

Cheers,

Alex. 

This discussion has been closed.