Ultratree system questions

1235»

Comments

• golem841golem841 Posts: 127

I don't know where to post, so I try here :

I'm going to buy any update for this outstanding and simple to use ultra tree script

More trees from Northern Europe, please !

I have 2 other requests :

- is it possible to add a roots option?

- I would love to be able to determine the height of the beginning of branches on the trunk

Thank you for this outstanding product.

I just lack a simple terrain generator and I could dump Eon/Vue !

• RandomRandom Posts: 176
    edited May 2021

I tried saving an UltraTree tree as a support asset prop, resulted in tree without leaves. Any way to do this? -- edit: Works as a scene subset, however, but better if it could be saved as a prop.

Also, would love to have the ability to scale the lower trunk wider like an old growth tree.

Post edited by Random on
  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,146

Random said:

I tried saving an UltraTree tree as a support asset prop, resulted in tree without leaves. Any way to do this? -- edit: Works as a scene subset, however, but better if it could be saved as a prop.

Also, would love to have the ability to scale the lower trunk wider like an old growth tree.

I've never had any problem with anything saved as a scene subset. If you want to use it outside of DS tho, there will be a problem ;).

• AHArtAHArt Posts: 202
    edited May 2021

I have had problems saving scene subsets and them working on seperate PC's (with all the product files available)

Post edited by AHArt on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,700

Random said:

When you are saving as support asset, you are in effect creating a new product. Many have botched their content libraries by doing that, ending up with multitude of conflicting files.

Scene subset is whatever you want it to be.

• RandomRandom Posts: 176

Scene subset is the way to go then. Thanks all.

• thedoctorthedoctor Posts: 195

Hello all.

When I run the UltraTreeCreator script the dialog opens but no trees appear for me to select. (see below):

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing several times to no avail. Any thoughts?

UltraTreeScreen.JPG
    749 x 609 - 44K
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,324

thedoctor said:

Hello all.

When I run the UltraTreeCreator script the dialog opens but no trees appear for me to select. (see below):

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing several times to no avail. Any thoughts?

Did you install with Daz Connect? Lots of script-type products don't work if installed by Daz Connect. Try installing with DIM (Daz Install Manager). 

• thedoctorthedoctor Posts: 195
    edited June 2021

barbult said:

thedoctor said:

Hello all.

Did you install with Daz Connect? Lots of script-type products don't work if installed by Daz Connect. Try installing with DIM (Daz Install Manager). 

Indeed, I did install via Connect. That was the problem. I wish Daz would either fix this or remove these items from Connect. I like the convenience of automatic updates via Connect, but I'll probably go back to DIM for everything.

Post edited by thedoctor on