Ultratree system questions

Comments

• barbult said:

You need to uninstall with Daz Connect. If you install with both, the nonworking Daz Connect version always gets used.

Thank you, Barbult, but yes, I did uninstall with Daz Connect. I then tried to reinstall with DIM. It. Did. Not. Work.

I put in a help ticket and I have yet to even receive a response, other than the computer generated auto acknowledgment. It's like my help request went into a vacuum. No one's responding.

(I say this, bewildered, because I have a request in for another product. And the response to that help request has also been dead silence. Never experienced this with DAZ before.)

• gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948
    edited November 2019

Ran into issue today using UltraTrees

The script is looking for:

"volumes/seagate external/3dprojects/ultratrees/collada/ut_pinoak_01_01_512x512.png"

and is obviously not going to find it.

UltraTree_Capture.PNG
    632 x 299 - 10K
    Post edited by gitika1 on
  • gitika1 said:

Ran into issue today using UltraTrees

The script is looking for:

"volumes/seagate external/3dprojects/ultratrees/collada/ut_pinoak_01_01_512x512.png"

and is obviously not going to find it.

Whoops, uploading a fix now.

• Is there an update?

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited November 2019

Is there an update?

@creationz8, There will be, as soon as Daz approves the fix Howie uploaded. Problem is, today is a major holiday in the US, which usually results in a four-day weekend. It could easily be at least Monday before the update with the fix is available.
    sad

Post edited by L'Adair on
  • Thank you for your reply.

• Is the update still not ready for download?
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,250

I see an update in DIM, don't you?

I downloaded the update, (in DIM,) last night.

• AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 703
    edited December 2019

I don't see an update.

DAZ.JPG
    1175 x 452 - 98K
    Post edited by AnEye4Art on

I don't see an update.

Did you by any chance download originally using Connect?

Regardless, I'd recommend clicking on the Download Filters button at the top of the Ready to Download tab. That will open your Settings to the Downloads tab. Now scroll down to the end and enable Connect Available and Connect Installed, if they aren't already enabled. Not having Connect Available checked prevented me from seeing some new and updated products, so those two options are best left checked. (Take note of the Package Archive path while your on this tab. You may need it later.) Click on Accept to save your changes and exit the Settings dialog.

If that doesn't work, go to https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files/prod/64635. This link will go to the UltraTrees main product in your product library. Manually download the by clicking on the blue button, and save that file to your DIM Package Archive folder. Sync DIM by clicking on the circular double arrow icon in the upper right. When DIM has finished syncing, you should see the UltraTrees product on the Ready to Install tab.

Let us know if it's still not showing up.

• L'Adair said:

I don't see an update.

Did you by any chance download originally using Connect?

I had an update via Connect

L'Adair said:

Regardless, I'd recommend clicking on the Download Filters button at the top of the Ready to Download tab. That will open your Settings to the Downloads tab. Now scroll down to the end and enable Connect Available and Connect Installed, if they aren't already enabled. Not having Connect Available checked prevented me from seeing some new and updated products, so those two options are best left checked. (Take note of the Package Archive path while your on this tab. You may need it later.) Click on Accept to save your changes and exit the Settings dialog.

If that doesn't work, go to https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files/prod/64635. This link will go to the UltraTrees main product in your product library. Manually download the by clicking on the blue button, and save that file to your DIM Package Archive folder. Sync DIM by clicking on the circular double arrow icon in the upper right. When DIM has finished syncing, you should see the UltraTrees product on the Ready to Install tab.

Let us know if it's still not showing up.

Remember that if there is a Connect install a DIM instal will be ignored.

• So connect is inside DAZ and DIM is the outside installer? I followed your instructions and it did not work for me. So did your exclamation marks go away with the update?

• I submitted a ticket for my problem but no response yet. I sent the author an email but no help. A refund is next if it's not fixed.
  • I submitted a ticket for my problem but no response yet. I sent the author an email but no help. A refund is next if it's not fixed.
    1. The update only fixes the missing file error message as far as I know. That fix was made by Howie Farkes and submitted to Daz 3D  for distribution.
    2. Daz has not fixed the metadata. Metadata is the responsibility of Daz 3D, not Howie Farkes.
    3. The product does not work when installed by Daz Connect (inside Daz Studio). If you installed with Daz Connect, you must UNINSTALL with Daz Connect and then install with Daz Install Manager (DIM). DIM is a separate application that runs outside of Daz Studio. To use DIM, you MUST correctly configure it to install files in a library that you have configured Daz Studio to use.
    4. When the product is installed with DIM it works  fine, even though the incorrect metadata makes it more difficult to find the correct files in Smart Content. All you really need to use the product is UltraTreeCreator.dse. It accesses the other files through the script. The user guide is UserGuide.dsa. 
    5. The files with exclamation marks on the thumbnails are files used internally by the script, I believe. The presence of those thumbnail exclamation marks do not prevent the product from working. As a user, we have no need to even access those files. 
    6. You said that you sent an email to the author, but I question that. Perhap you mean that you sent him a personal message inside the Daz Forum system. Vendors generally do not provide their personal email addresses to Daz customers.
    7. Customer Support is the responsibility of Daz 3D, not the PA (Howie Farkes). Sending a help request to Daz 3D (like you did) was the correct thing to do. Vendors pay Daz 3D to handle customer support for them. Any support offered by the vendor in the forums or personal message system is strictly voluntary on their part. They are under no obligation to monitor the forums or personal message system. Forums are considered user to user communication. Users will try to help other users like you, when we can.
    8. Customer Support is unusually slow right now. They will get to your ticket when your turn comes.
    9. If you feel that you are unable to use the product, you are certainly entitled to a refund. You request a refund by submitting a help request. You must do it within 30 days of purchase. For fastest service, specify Sales instead of Technical Support as the Contact Department in the help request.
  • Sir/ ma'am, daz connect install made my issue worst. But with DIM my issue is less as bad but still an issue nonetheless. MY hope is Daz will send me a link to download the fix since anything I try can't get the fix/update to show up for download.

Of course Daz Connect install made your issue worse! It has been posted over and over in this thread that THIS PRODUCT DOES NOT WORK WITH DAZ CONNECT. IF YOU INSTALLED WITH DAZ CONNECT. YOU MUST UNINSTALL FROM DAZ CONNECT AND THEN INSTALL WITH DIM.  Really, I can't find a way to emphasize this more than I already have.

The only "fix" in the update that you can't find, is  a fix for a missing file error. If you are having any other problem, this update will not likely fix those problems. 

• Even with the fix, I still cannot get the product to work. The props now show up, as props rather than just primitives. However, the script will not run. Any attempt to use the script produces an error message. The log file says this:

019-12-08 13:11:02.271 Loading script: .../Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Environments/Landscapes/UltraTrees/Resources/ScriptComponents/hf_app.ultratreecreator.geom.dse

2019-12-08 13:11:02.275 WARNING: Script Error: Line 3

2019-12-08 13:11:02.276 WARNING: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: hf_app

2019-12-08 13:11:02.276 WARNING: Stack Trace:

<anonymous>()@/Users/.../Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Environments/Landscapes/UltraTrees/Resources/ScriptComponents/hf_app.ultratreecreator.geom.dse:3

2019-12-08 13:11:02.276 Error in script execution: /Users/.../Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Environments/Landscapes/UltraTrees/Resources/ScriptComponents/hf_app.ultratreecreator.geom.dse

• Also, the script icons are missing from the Resources folder. They're not key to making the script work, but it would be nice to have them. :-)

@SuSoleil are you running the script named "UltraTreeCreator.dse"? That is the correct script to run. My log file says:

2019-12-08 14:01:57.202 Loading script: N:/DAZ 3D/Studio/My DIM Library/Environments/Landscapes/UltraTrees/UltraTreeCreator.dse

Your log file says you are running ultratreecreator.geom.dse from a completely different subfolder of the UltraTree product.

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,825

Most of the scripts in the product folder are not for the user, they are for the main script to run. The one the user should run is UltraTree Creator.

• In Smart Content it's found under Props/UltraTrees - Realistic Tree System/Utilities and is the only script with an image in the icon
    • In Content Library it's found under Environments/Landscapes/UltraTrees

As barbult points out, your log is showing it trying to run the wrong script. Hover over the icon and see what it is showing as the file name.

There are tree props (the tree alone with no leaves) which are available and you can use but they are not needed by the user as all can be done from the main script.

• SuSoleilSuSoleil Posts: 94
    edited December 2019

The link in the Content Library works!!!! Yaay! I just built my first tree! And I was getting so worried, because the 30-day limit for asking for a refund was just about to run out. Thank you, guys! Yes!!!!

Post edited by SuSoleil on
  • SuSoleilSuSoleil Posts: 94
    edited December 2019

tree.png
    791 x 979 - 1M
    Post edited by SuSoleil on
    edited December 2019
    SuSoleil said:

Sorry about the double post, but for some reason, I couldn't manage to type in the same window as the photo. Duh. This is what I have in my utilities folder. It doesn't matter which one I click on. It doesn't work. 

There is no image attached to your message.

The script you need to click on is in the Content Library in Environments/Landscapes/UltraTrees folder and is named UltraTreeCreator.dse. (This is stated in the UserGuide, which is in the same folder as the script.) Do not click on any other scripts in this product!!!!! Those other scripts are just things used internally by the UltraTreeCreator script. 

If you are running the script from Smart Content, you will find the correct script in Lost and Found. Daz has totally screwed up the metadata, making it very difficult to use this product from Smart Content. I submitted a help request in October about this, but nothing has been done to fix the metadata. You should submit a help request, too, and tell them what a terrible time you have had trying to use this product, because of the bad metadata.

UltraTree script.jpg
    601 x 690 - 64K
    UltraTree script smart content.jpg
    562 x 479 - 66K
    Post edited by barbult on
  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,825
    SuSoleil said:

Yaay! I just built my first tree!

Great to hear

Congratulations!
  • mcorrmcorr Posts: 1,032
    edited January 2020

answered my own question

Post edited by mcorr on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,954
    Artini said:
    scorpio said:

Hi all and thanks for your interest in UltraTrees.

UltraTrees has indeed been built to enable the addition of more species of tree, bark, and foliage. I am in fact working on an add-on pack featuring a number of species of oak tree rightnow. As all the photo reference material is being done by me it's kinda reliant upon what trees I can find around my city (which luckily has a very diverse planting).

And yes the leaves are modelled in 3d and are not just transmapped planes - which was the reason I created this product :)

Using instances for the leaves/needles was kinda brilliant. :)

And, I don't think it's a big deal that you can't use it with Ultra-scatter - This is a hero tree. For anything else, transmapped planes are fine.   Heck, more than a few meters away, and you could just fill the background with billboards rendered from a few angles and variations. 

You can't instance them at all though which is a kind a shame.

It is not the shame, but it is the limit of the Daz Studio itself.

The instances cannot be instanced in Daz Studio.

If you need this feature, look for some other software.

I have not tried, but probably, Unity support instancing of instances.

That was one of their goals but I don't know if they got there, they've had fits trying for years.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,954
    edited June 2020

Hi all and thanks for your interest in UltraTrees.

UltraTrees has indeed been built to enable the addition of more species of tree, bark, and foliage. I am in fact working on an add-on pack featuring a number of species of oak tree rightnow. As all the photo reference material is being done by me it's kinda reliant upon what trees I can find around my city (which luckily has a very diverse planting).

And yes the leaves are modelled in 3d and are not just transmapped planes - which was the reason I created this product :)

@HowieFarkes - I have the UltraTrees - Realistic Tree System & UltraTrees - Arboretum Volume 1 in my cart but I wanted to ask a couple of questions before I bought them.

1) I know since you made UltraTrees - Arboretum Volume 1 to extend UltraTrees - Realistic Tree System your product can be extended with more trees but can we the end users do that ourselves? The chances of you adding the particular trees I want to add are slim & none.

2) If we can add our own trees can they be modeled to have their own flowers, catkins, cones, fruit, and nuts? Eg, Sweet Gum Tree, Magnolia Tree, Apple Tree, Pine Tree.

3) If we can add own own trees would is be possible for your system to build other plants like wheat, sea oats, oats, and so on? (If we supply the modeled component pieces.)

4) Vines?

5) Can your product be used to create trees that can be saved & then used to extend UltraScenery?

6) Can UltraScenery be extended by the user besides the use supplied height maps? By that I mean user supplied trees, grasses, flowers, and other plants.

7) By the way, what is the biggest size height map in kilometers squared, meters squared, or hectares/acres that the height map that we can supply to Ultra Scenery can be? Is it always the 64 sq metre plus the 200 sq metre forest extension?

The trees do look great though from all your products. 

I did go ahead and buy the products but would still like to know the answers of my questions of what it's already possible or in development or in planning stages? When you get time, no hurry.

* I've tried the UltraScenery as background trees and the scale seems to be about one quarter of what it should be so I scaled to 400%. That was with the Hivewire Day at the Races Stack Northwell Horse Stables, DAZ Horse 2, RTDNA Weather, and based on aspen trees in real lifebeing 40 - 80 feet in height and an estimated bell tower height of 40 feet on the main building of the horse stables.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on