Daz Studio 4.12 Pro, General Release! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,550

This is confusing to me and seems like a bug. It contributes to the "timeline is broken" feeling.

I have Keyframe Types set to TRSOAH (all types).

1. I create a new scene.
    2. I load G8F. The timeline shows a keyframe triangle at time 0. 
    3. I move the time to frame 15 and morph G8F (I drag the Victoria 8 body Parameters pane slider to 100%)
    4. I play the animation, and it shows G8F changing from base shape to V8 body shape, as expected.
    5. At the end of playing the animation, the time is set back to frame 0.
    6. I save the scene file.
    7. I reopen the saved scene file.
    8. The keyframe on frame 15 is missing. I play the animation and nothing happens; G8F does not morph to Victoria 8 body anymore.

I try again (same scenario, except the time is on frame 15 when I save the file instead of on frame 0)

1. I create a new scene.
    2. I load G8F. The timeline shows a keyframe triangle at time 0.  
    3. I move the time to frame 15 and morph G8F (I drag the Victoria 8 body Parameters pane slider to 100%)
    4. I play the animation, and it shows G8F changing from base shape to V8 body shape, as expected. 
    5. At the end of playing the animation, I set the time to frame 15, to verify that she truly is in the Victoria 8 body shape (she is).
    6. I save the scene file. 
    7. I reopen the saved scene file. 
    8. The keyframe on frame 15 is missing. But G8F is in the Victoria 8 body shape in keyframe 0! I play the animation. Nothing happens.

I will submit a help request, of course. 

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,352

I just ran a render trying the new Matt Fog thing, I didn't notice anything different with it on or off. Now DS won't launch at all

scorpio said:

I just ran a render trying the new Matt Fog thing, I didn't notice anything different with it on or off. Now DS won't launch at all

A reboot of the computer seems to have solved the problem with DS not launching.

What is the Matt fog suppose to do?

Turn it on, change the Matte Fog Brightness Tint colour and adjust the Matte Fog Visibility (m) value. If e.g. you have a fig in front of the camera, change the Matte Fog Visibility (m) value to a low number, e.g. 30.

As for DS not launching, it may be that it was still running.

Erm and what exactly should I expect to see.

Has this version got a problem with not shutting down properly?

• scorpio said:

scorpio said:

A reboot of the computer seems to have solved the problem with DS not launching.

Turn it on, change the Matte Fog Brightness Tint colour and adjust the Matte Fog Visibility (m) value. If e.g. you have a fig in front of the camera, change the Matte Fog Visibility (m) value to a low number, e.g. 30.

You should see matte fog when rendering or using the Iray DrawStyle. The screenshot shows it in grey.

No, it doesn't.

Matte Fog.png
    1828 x 893 - 2M
  • inquireinquire Posts: 2,120

This latest version for me quits a good deal. It crashes often when I try to save.

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,955
    edited April 2020

Can we please get rid of that ugly little troll in the splash screen already, or is there another way we can customize it?wink

Post edited by takezo_3001 on
  • takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,955
    edited April 2020

DOUBLE POST PLEASE DELETE...

Post edited by takezo_3001 on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Can we please get rid of that ugly little troll in the splash screen already, or is there another way we can customize it?wink

F2 > Interface tab > set "Splash Screen" to Alternate.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,453
    barbult said:
    Imago said:
    Imago said:
    Imago said:
    nemesis10 said:

Does the General Release remove all Nvdia support for Macs like the Beta?

The General Release version is the same as the current Beta.

I see a new update in the DIM for the "stable" version... The timeline is still broken?

What do you mean by "broken"?

Impossible to move around and copy-paste keyframes.

As far as I know those issues were fxed several betas ago

Just installed and tried, totally broken. I can't move along the timeline the keyframes, it's totally unusable.
    I created a simple plane and created some keyframes, I can select them but not drag them into another frame, it keeps give me the selection rectangle.

I can copy and paste keyframes at the top object level, but it is impossible to drag them to another position. I have to drill all the way down to the lowest level where I can see the T or C or L on the individual property keyframe to move THAT keyframe. Keymate has always allowed moving a keyframe at the top object level.and it still does, but the new timeline does not allow that for me, either.

The Timeline is still being worked on.

• PadonePadone Posts: 3,560
    edited May 2020

The Timeline is still being worked on.

Please if possible it would be nice to add the major bugs you know of in the known issues in the main page so at least the user is warned about them. If the daz team has no time, what about allowing the forum moderators to also update the documentation with known issues ? They're probably the best choice for this task anyway. As a side effect this may aslo avoid users asking for the same issue again and again in the forums if it is well documented in the docs.

Post edited by Padone on
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 9,804
    edited May 2020

When I opened DIM today I saw two new DS releases, a general release and a beta.  So I tried the general release first, it claims to be 4.12.1.117.  I have a problem with that one - whenever I try to load OOT Drop Wet Hair or any of its presets, either onto a character or an empty scene, I get these dialogs.  If I drag it with the mouse instead, it works fine.  I haven't been able to reproduce it with other hairs.

Then I checked the hair in 4.12.1.115 beta, here it worked fine.

Then I tried to install the new beta in DIM, but that claims to be 4.12.1.117 also.  The hair seems to work fine in this version though. 

oot_drop_wet_hair_error.png
    688 x 781 - 226K
    Post edited by Taoz on
  • DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 8,142
    edited May 2020
    Taoz said:

When I opened DIM today I saw two new DS releases, a general release and a beta.  So I tried the general release first, it claims to be 4.12.1.117.  I have a problem with that one - whenever I try to load OOT Drop Wet Hair or any of its presets, either onto a character or an empty scene, I get these dialogs.  If I drag it with the mouse instead, it works fine.  I haven't been able to reproduce it with other hairs.

Then I checked the hair in 4.12.1.115 beta, here it worked fine.

Then I tried to install the new beta in DIM, but that claims to be 4.12.1.117 also.  The hair seems to work fine in this version though.

The version for both the Public Beta and the General Release is the same: 4.12.1.117. Therefore they should both behave the same way, which is how it behaves for me with OOT Drop Wet Hair. Are the mapped content paths the same?

Post edited by DoctorJellybean on
  • jerhamjerham Posts: 153
    scorpio said:

scorpio said:

You should see matte fog when rendering or using the Iray DrawStyle. The screenshot shows it in grey.

No, it doesn't.

Are you sure?  

Since the new version it does not shut down correctly here.The window closes and won't restart. Because daz studio stays active in the taskmanager and the only way to really close it. Is to end the DAZ studio application proces from the taskmanager. 

Did a complete new/fresh install and the shutting down issue still exists. After some troouble shooting i believe the issue is with the Octane plug-in (in my case). When i disable the plug in it shutdowns correctly with the plug in enabled it goes wrong and stays active in the background. 

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 8,142
    jerham said:
    scorpio said:

scorpio said:

No, it doesn't.

Are you sure?  

Since the new version it does not shut down correctly here.The window closes and won't restart. Because daz studio stays active in the taskmanager and the only way to really close it. Is to end the DAZ studio application proces from the taskmanager. 

Did a complete new/fresh install and the shutting down issue still exists. After some troouble shooting i believe the issue is with the Octane plug-in (in my case). When i disable the plug in it shutdowns correctly with the plug in enabled it goes wrong and stays active in the background.

It should be taken up with the developer of the Octane plug-in.

DS allows plug-ins to shut themselves down before it closes tself (otherwise, depending on what the plug-in did, there might be data or settings loss). If a plug-in makes DS slow to close then that plug-in needs, if possible, to be optimised.

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

Today, the 4/28 version keeps appearing in DIM when I've installed it already, and it has been taking a loooong time to login with DS and DIM.

• ooofestooofest Posts: 36
    scorpio said:

I just installed the latest 4.12.1.117 today (i.e., was at an earlier 4.12) and now it won't shut down at all: the UI disappears, but it stays resident in Windows Task Manager with 0% CPU utilization.  The memory it required for whatever scene was most recently loaded does not drop.

The Daz process needs to be manually stopped every time, otherwise it stays resident indefinitely.

Wondering how I can go back to an earlier 4.12 release to test if the issue is just this level-up.

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,120

The Mac version of 4.12.1.117 often crashes when I click Save File. But, upon restart, it appears that it did save the file.

• macleanmaclean Posts: 2,438

I haven't had any real issues with this new release, but I do notice a very slight viewport lag. So far, it seems to affect switching mode (Texture to Iray, etc) and framing. It's minor - less than 1 second compared with the previous general 4.12 release, but it's definitely there. Latest 445.92 drivers

I spend hours every day making products in DS, and it's not imagination. I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has noticed it.

• Janus3003Janus3003 Posts: 56
    maclean said:

I haven't had any real issues with this new release, but I do notice a very slight viewport lag. So far, it seems to affect switching mode (Texture to Iray, etc) and framing. It's minor - less than 1 second compared with the previous general 4.12 release, but it's definitely there. Latest 445.92 drivers

I spend hours every day making products in DS, and it's not imagination. I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has noticed it.

I'm noticing a delay every time I try moving the camera in the viewport, like it's stuck for a split second before moving. It's really annoying. I'm going to try updating my graphics driver and rebooting to see if that fixes anything before submitting a ticket.

• andy01423andy01423 Posts: 3

so have the new features that were in the timeline been removed?

as I have been using them to move keyframes around a lot this week doing a long animation and now after latest update, I can not move them

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723
    jerham said:
    scorpio said:

scorpio said:

No, it doesn't.

Are you sure?  

I just started playing with Octane yesterday, and have been using it most of the day today. I can confirm too that shutting down DS still keeps it in memory with 0% CPU, and I can't restart DS until I end it in Task Manager. Even if I don't use Octane and just open/close DS, I have to end it in TM to launch it again.

• CELESRACELESRA Posts: 88
    edited May 2020

It constantly tries to load something in the bottom (after this new 4.12.1 update) - "Preparing Scene". Every time I open the software. Even after loading the scene, it constantly does this. Not sure what is going on, but how can I roll back to the previous version? Also some of my files just disappeared. It can't find some stuff for some reason.

Post edited by CELESRA on
    andy01423 said:

as I have been using them to move keyframes around a lot this week doing a long animation and now after latest update, I can not move them

We've been complaining about this over in the beta thread for weeks. 

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,826
    inquire said:

The Mac version of 4.12.1.117 often crashes when I click Save File. But, upon restart, it appears that it did save the file.

Yes, I've seen this too. It's not 100% reproducible, but it's happened to me a couple of times today. It's also crashed in other circumstances -- it seems pretty unstable generally.

Another glitch that I see regularly, but had never seen before this version, is a warning dialog that says that the renderer is already in use. This pops up most times that I try to render -- but when I click 'OK' to dismiss the warning, it carries on with the render without problems.

• andy01423andy01423 Posts: 3
    barbult said:
    andy01423 said:

ah right thank you for  at  least I know now it not just me lol, I am still new to Daz studio, it would not be so bad if  you could still purchase keymate and graphmate wish i could roll back now 

• CELESRACELESRA Posts: 88
    edited May 2020

Also, I just realized....no iray is rendering for me! No textures and just blank. Even 3Delight is not working...renders some textures and not others. Why was the public beta version rolled out to normal users?

Post edited by CELESRA on
    andy01423 said:
    barbult said:
    andy01423 said:

ah right thank you for  at  least I know now it not just me lol, I am still new to Daz studio, it would not be so bad if  you could still purchase keymate and graphmate wish i could roll back now 

Cut and paste of keys still works. That is the easiest workaroubd that I know of. You can also expand the top item all the way down to find the key on some individual transformation property and drag that.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    lycanine said:

Also, I just realized....no iray is rendering for me! Very upset over this as I will have to uninstall everythinG!

Why "have to"? Uninstalling then reinstalling everything (including all your content?) is almost never an actual solution that will work to fix a DAZ|Studio problem.

• Have you just installed the new update?
    • If not, what D|S version are you using?
    • Have you checked your Render Settings to make sure everything is still the way it should? Some people (apparently random) have reported that updating the program changes program settings (this shouldn't happen).
    • What's your computer system; Windows? Mac? What OS version?
    • What is your graphics card? What version is your card driver? If your computer is Windows, note that Windows Update has the bad habit of replacing driver versions that work with Iray with versions that don't. Your driver must come from the card manufacturer's website.
    edited May 2020
    inquire said:

Does it matter where you save? Is this using File>Save or another command? Do you have any third-party plug-ins isntalled, and if so does dsiabling them resolve the issue? http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/plugins/plugins_load_config/start

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    ooofest said:
    scorpio said:

I just installed the latest 4.12.1.117 today (i.e., was at an earlier 4.12) and now it won't shut down at all: the UI disappears, but it stays resident in Windows Task Manager with 0% CPU utilization.  The memory it required for whatever scene was most recently loaded does not drop.

The Daz process needs to be manually stopped every time, otherwise it stays resident indefinitely.

Wondering how I can go back to an earlier 4.12 release to test if the issue is just this level-up.

Does disabling third-party plug-ins help, http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/plugins/plugins_load_config/start