Daz Studio 4.12 Pro, General Release! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• sapatsapat Posts: 1,735

I'm sure this has been posted but I've been out of daz world 4 months and just try to catch up on this.

I hav an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti and am using DS 4.12.0.86.  Since it's a general release and not a beta, I'm afraid as a hobbyist that I'm going to be unable to render as requirements are rampimg up so quickly. The bar is so high, and files are so massive, that I already can't render some of the dforce hairs I bought. By the time I had a chance to use them, DS just shuts down  to the desktop. Was past the 30 day mark. That's the first time this has happended. (except with LAMH, but I digress).

I already can't render these big hairs and environments.  What's next for ppl like me who don't do this for a payckeck but still want to participate in the 3d experience?  Are we just stuck at the point where we are? And no, I can't afford a new card or system. Very limited income.

• brvsnbrvsn Posts: 213

hi guys sorry for the silly question, it's just that I'm watching tutorials so to start to really uderstand Daz Studio. When it comes to dome settings I saw that an environment background is always selected into tutorials video, but it is not for me in Iray render settings.. is it normal since it changed in a recent version? I'm able to select the Ruins map withouth issue, I just want to know if I changed some default settings (when I select an environment map and then hit the defaults button the map is removed)

• ltbrvsn said:

hi guys sorry for the silly question, it's just that I'm watching tutorials so to start to really uderstand Daz Studio. When it comes to dome settings I saw that an environment background is always selected into tutorials video, but it is not for me in Iray render settings.. is it normal since it changed in a recent version? I'm able to select the Ruins map withouth issue, I just want to know if I changed some default settings (when I select an environment map and then hit the defaults button the map is removed)

There is an option to turn the dome on and off in Iray Settings (Environment section).

• brvsnbrvsn Posts: 213
    edited April 2020
    ltbrvsn said:

There is an option to turn the dome on and off in Iray Settings (Environment section).

thanks but I know that and I said I know how to enable it. I just wanted to know if by using default settings it should be enable or not. Because I see difference from video tutorials and what happened for me..

EDIT: yea not so important, it's more a curiosity than an issue..

Post edited by brvsn on
  • Default is off. The video tutorials might have used saved scenes in which it was turned on.

• sapat said:

I'm sure this has been posted but I've been out of daz world 4 months and just try to catch up on this.

I hav an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti and am using DS 4.12.0.86.  Since it's a general release and not a beta, I'm afraid as a hobbyist that I'm going to be unable to render as requirements are rampimg up so quickly. The bar is so high, and files are so massive, that I already can't render some of the dforce hairs I bought. By the time I had a chance to use them, DS just shuts down  to the desktop. Was past the 30 day mark. That's the first time this has happended. (except with LAMH, but I digress).

I already can't render these big hairs and environments.  What's next for ppl like me who don't do this for a payckeck but still want to participate in the 3d experience?  Are we just stuck at the point where we are? And no, I can't afford a new card or system. Very limited income.

This is from your signature: Desktop: Win10 64 bit, i7-4770, 32GB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8GB
    You have more than enough digital horsepower to render out those items.

As for the CPU fallback issue: has it been resolved yet? Its been months since I read this forum, hoping that Daz fixed it... cause i want to update to the newest stable version, but not if it isn't stable and viable.

• sapat said:

This is from your signature: Desktop: Win10 64 bit, i7-4770, 32GB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8GB
    You have more than enough digital horsepower to render out those items.

As for the CPU fallback issue: has it been resolved yet? Its been months since I read this forum, hoping that Daz fixed it... cause i want to update to the newest stable version, but not if it isn't stable and viable.

Various CPU fallback issues have been addressed in the current Public Beta, which you can install alongside the General Release.

• mike332014mike332014 Posts: 51
    edited April 2020

as of today my 3d daz studio will not open when i hovermy mouse over the tool bar icon it just shows white box but will not open i have uninstalled and reinstalled same result

Post edited by mike332014 on
  • Please don't shrink the actual screen shot - you can resize the way it shows in th page but allow it to be seen full size on clicking. As it is the image is unreadable. Is this the 4.12.0.76 General Release, or the Public Build? If you go to

%AppData%/daz 3d/Studio4/ and open the log.txt file what are the last few lines?

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,045

When that small window pops up move the cursor over the bar at the top of it and right click the mouse button. If a menu pops up then choose Restore.

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,099

How is v. 4.12 working on a Macintosh? I'm using OS Sierra; that's 10.12.6. I'm currently using DS v 4.11.0.383. My issue is that I've just bought Zev0's Pose Fusion product, but the script does not load in 4.11. Zev0 says it's necessary to go up to 4.12. 

I've been holding off on 4.12 because of all the negative comments I've read about it. So, is there a Mac user out there who is satisfied with 4.12 of DS? And, if so, which version of the Mac OS are you using? Does it work on Sierra, 10.12.6?

• robertswwwrobertswww Posts: 775
    edited April 2020
    inquire said:

How is v. 4.12 working on a Macintosh? I'm using OS Sierra; that's 10.12.6. I'm currently using DS v 4.11.0.383. My issue is that I've just bought Zev0's Pose Fusion product, but the script does not load in 4.11. Zev0 says it's necessary to go up to 4.12. 

I've been holding off on 4.12 because of all the negative comments I've read about it. So, is there a Mac user out there who is satisfied with 4.12 of DS? And, if so, which version of the Mac OS are you using? Does it work on Sierra, 10.12.6?

4.12.0.86 does have several bugs, so you may want to wait for the upcoming 4.12.1 general release as it has many bug fixes and rendering improvements...

Apparently, it is about to be released per this recent post:
    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/402561/new-daz-studio-release-candidate-for-4-12-1

Excerpts:
    The latest beta of Daz Studio is a release candidate and will quickly become the next general release of Daz Studio.

A fix is also in this beta series for MacOS Catalina

Post edited by robertswww on

OK. Thanks for the link. It doesn't say when the full version might be released, though.

edited April 2020

Where would I download this Beta from? I've searched. I'm stumped. Never mind. Found it.

Post edited by inquire on
  • inquire said:

Where would I download this Beta from? I've searched. I'm stumped.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/341006/daz-studio-pro-beta-version-4-12-1-115

Thanks, Doctor. I finally found it. Then, decided on the regular download. Duh!

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,276

Does the General Release remove all Nvdia support for Macs like the Beta?

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,952
    edited April 2020
    nemesis10 said:

The General Release version is the same as the current Beta.

Post edited by DoctorJellybean on
  • ImagoImago Posts: 4,909
    nemesis10 said:

I see a new update in the DIM for the "stable" version... The timeline is still broken?

• Does the new General Release still allow multiple instances without running this weird script?

I'm scared to download it because of that reason.

• Imago said:
    nemesis10 said:

I see a new update in the DIM for the "stable" version... The timeline is still broken?

What do you mean by "broken"?

• Does the new General Release still allow multiple instances without running this weird script?

I'm scared to download it because of that reason.

No, you'd need the script. It is not really weird.

Imago said:
    nemesis10 said:

Impossible to move around and copy-paste keyframes.

• Imago said:
    Imago said:
    nemesis10 said:

As far as I know those issues were fxed several betas ago

Imago said:
    Imago said:
    nemesis10 said:

Just installed and tried, totally broken. I can't move along the timeline the keyframes, it's totally unusable.
    I created a simple plane and created some keyframes, I can select them but not drag them into another frame, it keeps give me the selection rectangle.

• Imago said:
    Imago said:
    Imago said:
    nemesis10 said:

Just installed and tried, totally broken. I can't move along the timeline the keyframes, it's totally unusable.
    I created a simple plane and created some keyframes, I can select them but not drag them into another frame, it keeps give me the selection rectangle.

Please save that scene and upload.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,317
    edited April 2020

I just ran a render trying the new Matt Fog thing, I didn't notice anything different with it on or off. Now DS won't launch at all

A reboot of the computer seems to have solved the problem with DS not launching.

What is the Matt fog suppose to do?

Post edited by scorpio on
  • DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,952
    edited April 2020
    scorpio said:

I just ran a render trying the new Matt Fog thing, I didn't notice anything different with it on or off. Now DS won't launch at all

A reboot of the computer seems to have solved the problem with DS not launching.

What is the Matt fog suppose to do?

Turn it on, change the Matte Fog Brightness Tint colour and adjust the Matte Fog Visibility (m) value. If e.g. you have a fig in front of the camera, change the Matte Fog Visibility (m) value to a low number, e.g. 30.

As for DS not launching, it may be that it was still running.

Post edited by DoctorJellybean on
    edited April 2020
    nemesis10 said:

Not sure what this means. I see iRay still in there, and I rendered with it selected. I have noticed, though, after trying several renders (to see that this was not just a misperception on my part), that the rendering time is noticeably faster. Good news! I'm using v. 4.12.0.86 of DS, along with Mac OS Sierra, 10.12.6. In the render settings, these are the choices:

(Click on the Screen Shot to see the full wording.)

Screen Shot 2020-04-30 at 10.53.54 AM.png
    390 x 110 - 16K
    Post edited by inquire on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,203
    Imago said:
    Imago said:
    Imago said:
    nemesis10 said:

I can copy and paste keyframes at the top object level, but it is impossible to drag them to another position. I have to drill all the way down to the lowest level where I can see the T or C or L on the individual property keyframe to move THAT keyframe. Keymate has always allowed moving a keyframe at the top object level.and it still does, but the new timeline does not allow that for me, either.