Daz Studio 4.12 Pro, General Release! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,097

Sometimes this latest verion of DS, the Macintosh version, quits just as a render finishes. The render is not saved anywhere. It's not in the render library, etc. So, it's just lost.

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,909
    inquire said:

Sometimes this latest verion of DS, the Macintosh version, quits just as a render finishes. The render is not saved anywhere. It's not in the render library, etc. So, it's just lost.

Catalina?

Er, no, not Catalina. I'm on Sierra, 10.12.6.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Check if the render is still in the daz temp folder (before restarting DS).  I think it's called r.png

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313
    DxC09 said:

I've been having a massive problem with this build with Daz not closing or some phantom version remains open  and if scenes are saved and then you try to render  Daz will cause my PC to have to  be reset It does it with the public build and the beta versions so 4.12.1.117 oh and pressing shift - k does nothing to turn off the keyboard movement

Yep thats what I'm getting but I've not got much feedback about it.

• ooofestooofest Posts: 36
    edited May 2020
    f7eer said:
    ooofest said:
    ALL: Does this need a ticket to Daz?

Yes, if you want Daz to look at it.

Well, of course - my implication being that I wasn't the only one to mention this issue here, so was curious if others had submitted Support tickets to Daz yet.

Since I see no other reports mentioned, I have submitted a ticket to ask Daz if they would look into the shutdown hang of .117 with the Octane plugin (any recent version: v4.x, 2019, 2020). given that the Octane plugin Dev sees their plugin being fully unloaded.

Post edited by ooofest on
  • ooofestooofest Posts: 36
    edited May 2020
    (oops, edit mistake)
    Post edited by ooofest on
  • Btw opening the same scene in the instances force closes (crashes it right then). Is that intended?

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313
    ooofest said:
    f7eer said:
    ooofest said:

Well, of course - my implication being that I wasn't the only one to mention this issue here, so was curious if others had submitted Support tickets to Daz yet.

Since I see no other reports mentioned, I have submitted a ticket to ask Daz if they would look into the shutdown hang of .117 with the Octane plugin (any recent version: v4.x, 2019, 2020). given that the Octane plugin Dev sees their plugin being fully unloaded.

Its not just with the Octane plugin, I don't have that but am having increasing annoying 'shutdown hang's of a good 5 minutes sometimes more. I really would like to know if this is being looked into or just dismissed as one of those 'it's how it should be' things.

scorpio said:
    ooofest said:
    f7eer said:
    ooofest said:

Its not just with the Octane plugin, I don't have that but am having increasing annoying 'shutdown hang's of a good 5 minutes sometimes more. I really would like to know if this is being looked into or just dismissed as one of those 'it's how it should be' things.

It is being investigated.

edited May 2020

Check if the render is still in the daz temp folder (before restarting DS).  I think it's called r.png

And what is the DAZ Studio temp folder named? And where is it located?

Post edited by inquire on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    inquire said:

And what is the DAZ Studio temp folder named? And where is it located?

I'm not sure what it would be in MacOSX, in Windows it's Users/[yourname]/Documents/DAZ 3D/DazTmp

@Fixmypcmike:  OK, thank you very much. In MacOSX, it's Users/~/Documents/DAZ3D/DazTmp

So, the same thing.

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

Just to note that DS is still in memory at over an hour for me. Nothing to speak of in the log file. It seems the range mentioned here varies from 5 min. to 30 min., but since mine is always in memory, that is why I end it in TM if I want to use DS again.

• DxC09DxC09 Posts: 34

Stll crashes when saving and rendering afterwards without restarting the pc as well

both the public / beta versions as well as the memory problem too 

• jrapp11jrapp11 Posts: 4

Hi,

I submitted a ticket last week on 4.12.1.117 last week. I installed it now I can't view in NAIDIA mode and renrers are all black. I went back into the Install Manager and the new version was listed again. When I tried to install it again I got an error about the Microsoft Visual C++  redistributable (x64) and it supposedly reinstalled it. But I still have the same issue. I think I am on the public build and not the Beta. I'm still waiting to hear back.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,863
    inquire said:

@Fixmypcmike:  OK, thank you very much. In MacOSX, it's Users/~/Documents/DAZ3D/DazTmp

So, the same thing.

The location is given in Daz Studio>Preferences, Edit>Preferences for Windows.

jrapp11 said:

Hi,

I submitted a ticket last week on 4.12.1.117 last week. I installed it now I can't view in NAIDIA mode and renrers are all black. I went back into the Install Manager and the new version was listed again. When I tried to install it again I got an error about the Microsoft Visual C++  redistributable (x64) and it supposedly reinstalled it. But I still have the same issue. I think I am on the public build and not the Beta. I'm still waiting to hear back.

What GPU and driver version do you have? The version of Iray in the latest build requires fairly recent drivers

441.22 (or newer) on Windows for pre-Turing GPUs, 442.19 (or newer) on Windows for Turing GPUs; see NVIDIA Driver Downloads

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/5534391/#Comment_5534391

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043

I've been using the Beta and the full version for a while now and it shuts down and cleans the ram and the video card within seconds.

• Ulysses HeartUlysses Heart Posts: 43
    edited May 2020

I can no longer render (in Mac OS) with 4.12.1.117, or even save a file in most circumstances. When Daz starts rendering it tells me "Renderer is already in use" - which is false. Then it crashes. I have a great Macbook Pro which I've been using with Daz for 6 years, plus no problems with Catalina after many months using Daz with it after upgrading. There are several other problems - a couple detailed below. Submitted a support ticket but have not heard back. Trying to determine whether it's Daz 4.12.1.117 or my computer that's screwed.

Here are some of the other issues:

1. Many content items are listed as "Missing" even though they are not.
    2. When saving a file I get two... yes TWO "Save" dialogue boxes. When I enter the title of the file and try to save, it crashes about 50% of the time. The dialogue boxes say "Filtered Save" – something I never selected (see enclosed image)
    3. Can only save using "Save As", which won't work obviously - one scene could produce 200+ copies of the file (adding v1.x each time).
    4. Have uninstalled and re-installed Daz 4.12.1.117 now 3 times. Nothing has changed. Actually, it has just gotten worse.

Sadly, I can't use my favorite application. Going to focus on getting better at Blender until a solution appears.

Daz-4.12.1.117 Issues.jpg
    900 x 540 - 240K
    Post edited by Ulysses Heart on
    edited May 2020

I can no longer render (in Mac OS) with 4.12.1.117, or even save a file in most circumstances. When Daz starts rendering it tells me "Renderer is already in use" - which is false. Then it crashes. I have a great Macbook Pro which I've been using with Daz for 6 years, plus no problems with Catalina after many months using Daz with it after upgrading. There are several other problems - a couple detailed below. Submitted a support ticket but have not heard back. Trying to determine whether it's Daz 4.12.1.117 or my computer that's screwed.

Here are some of the other issues:

1. Many content items are listed as "Missing" even though they are not.
    2. When saving a file I get two... yes TWO "Save" dialogue boxes. When I enter the title of the file and try to save, it crashes about 50% of the time. The dialogue boxes say "Filtered Save" – something I never selected (see enclosed image)
    3. Can only save using "Save As", which won't work obviously - one scene could produce 200+ copies of the file (adding v1.x each time).
    4. Have uninstalled and re-installed Daz 4.12.1.117 now 3 times. Nothing has changed. Actually, it has just gotten worse.

Sadly, I can't use my favorite application. Going to focus on getting better at Blender until a solution appears.

1. Check the mapped content paths.
    2. Are you using the shortcut or Save menu item or tool button?
    3. Did you specify Authorship information... Edit > Preferences.... > General : Authorship Information : Edit...?

Post edited by DoctorJellybean on
    dawnblade said:

Just to note that DS is still in memory at over an hour for me. Nothing to speak of in the log file. It seems the range mentioned here varies from 5 min. to 30 min., but since mine is always in memory, that is why I end it in TM if I want to use DS again.

What are your system specifications, what security software are you using? What third party plug ins do you have installed, and have you tried disabling them http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/plugins/plugins_load_config/start

DxC09 said:

Stll crashes when saving and rendering afterwards without restarting the pc as well

Could you explain a little more? I am not clear one what is happening.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155
    dawnblade said:

What are your system specifications, what security software are you using? What third party plug ins do you have installed, and have you tried disabling them http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/plugins/plugins_load_config/start

I don't know how to usa this script. What does this sample script do, if I run it as it is? Does it just show what plugins are enabled, or does it change what is enabled? 

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    The version of Iray in the latest build requires fairly recent drivers

Does anyone else see a problem ahead if this trend continues? We've got a constantly moving target of "very recent minimum driver version" every time D|S gets a new Iray update, and not everyone that was working happily with Iray is going to have an NVidia card capable of using that minimum version.

• RayDAntRayDAnt Posts: 1,120
    The version of Iray in the latest build requires fairly recent drivers

Does anyone else see a problem ahead if this trend continues?

No, because it isn't a new trend.

• RayDAnt said:

@DoctorJellybean I can relate to why it can be and is a safer/reliable setup. And maybe some users even asked for it or find it useful. And then there will also be some users who wouldn't. This was something released in a public beta, I don't understand why there was a need to implement it into a general release.

It's because the existing method of allowing multiple instances (having no limits on the number of identical DS processes launched) was leading to program instability since they were all actively reading/writing from the same set of configuration files simultaneously. In the past this didn't matter so much since most of Daz Studio's popular workflows didn't need much in the way of intermediate file storage to operate. But with the rise of things like advanced scripting and 3rd party plugins, safe temp file access has become much more critical. Hence the need for a change.

I see. I am not against it. It just felt such a drastic change so suddenly and half implemented that is, the script isn't included with the build itself either and had to be downloaded. As a whole, those things should have just been created automatically. Well, maybe it's in consideration or maybe not. As for someone who doesn't keep to update with the forums here it can be quite a bother. Just my opinion. There's still some stuff lacking. When the instance crashes the temp files aren't deleted. (made me to think that the same scene couldn't be opened in two different instances). I had to delete it manually. It's not that it's a useless feature, I myself can see the differences due to it. 

• DxC09DxC09 Posts: 34
    DxC09 said:

I'll try 

I have a scene and you make and work on it everything is fine then its time to save before you render  just incase or sometimes during if you have done something fiddly and don't want to do it again either way you have saved. everything is fine 

But recently in this build if you do save and then render the scene it will crash and it will cause me a entire restart of my pc you open the scene up and it works fine you can even render as normal! 

Until you save again

If you also Save and exit Daz and reload the same thing happens 

I hope that's a little clearler on what's going on 

DxC09 said:
    DxC09 said:

I'll try 

I have a scene and you make and work on it everything is fine then its time to save before you render  just incase or sometimes during if you have done something fiddly and don't want to do it again either way you have saved. everything is fine 

But recently in this build if you do save and then render the scene it will crash and it will cause me a entire restart of my pc you open the scene up and it works fine you can even render as normal! 

Until you save again

If you also Save and exit Daz and reload the same thing happens 

I hope that's a little clearler on what's going on 

Start DS, load the scene, save and close. Find the log and please attach it.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    barbult said:
    dawnblade said:

I don't know how to usa this script. What does this sample script do, if I run it as it is? Does it just show what plugins are enabled, or does it change what is enabled? 

The script 'manually' disables all plugins excpet ones with DAZ as author (so Reality, OCDS, etc.) and also any named Animate2. When you restart Daz Studio a few (depending on ow many you have) will be disabled.  You can, then, re-enable them as you wish and they wqill stay enabled.  A restart of DS may be needed to activate things.