12345679»

Comments

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Vaskania said:
    Jaderail said:
    XoechZ said:
    - a "render in background" option that does not lock your computer while rendering
    This one is doable now if your multi core. Set Affinity to leave some cores free with DAZ Studio in Render mode and just do Render to File. I do it all the time. Then mini DAZ and go do stuff.

Even rendering to a new window doesn't lock your computer from doing other things. Unless he means rendering so you can work on a new scene at the same time.Well that would need more of course. Never thought of that as a need myself.

EDIT: Yep to Window is minimizable to but eats a screen port you could have free.
    Screen port?

See that little button to the far right of your task bar, on the right side of your system tray? Hit that and you're back to your desktop with DS fully minimized. It's not intrusive at all.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,567
    edited June 2014

...an end to the Forums and Store Site timeouts.

Also, an end to the sign on "glitch" that keeps misdirecting one to their account page instead of back to the store or forums after signing in as well as when one clicks on the "Shop" tab afterwards to get back to the store, you find yourself logged out again (missed out on several Flash Sale items and discounts because of this). Clearing browser cache and cookies doesn't always help.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Also, an end to the sign on "glitch"

If this turns out not to be doable, I'd settle for at least making it clear when the store has decided I've been logged in long enough. Right now, usually the first I know of it is when (or "if") I notice my PC discounts have abruptly vanished from displayed DO prices.

I used to go by the "Log In/Log Out" button at the top of all DAZ pages, but I noticed a few days ago I can be apparently logged out in the New Releases page, but still apparently logged in on some other subcategory page. Never noticed that before, so I can't say how long it's been happening.

edited December 1969

...for about the past two years.

• FabeFabe Posts: 212
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...OK, finally have the overalls I wanted for my Leela so that's off the list.

@RobKelk, I agree about an updated (and bug free) Hexagon that includes sculpting and improved UV mapping.

@bcameron: Yes, both Mil Cat and Mil Dog are in need of a serious update. Also fur for the LAMH player like BigCat2 has. Even though I'm not much into fantasy myself, I'm sure there are people who would be mighty happy to see a Dragon2 as well.

@Cybersox, Yes, Yes, and Yes, to full cloth dynamics. It is about time Daz Studio has this incredibly important tool, be it built in or available as a plugin.

Now for my personal choices:

#1. ,An accurately detailed and proportioned 9' concert stage grand piano (similar to a Steinway D Model) that includes the interior frame and strings.
    #2. Aircraft that look as if they could actually fly according to the basic principles of Aerodynamics.
    #4. Sleek shiny 1950s styled Sci-Fi rocket ships and flying saucers.
    #3. Fish.
    #5. More cyberpunk themed content like interface implants, updated cyber limbs for G2, gear like portable comps (not just another laptop), surveillance and spy drones, weapons, HUD glasses/visors etc, as well as appropriate fashions (think The Matrix, Elysium, etc).

...and if Jack is listening in, #6: A full English Country Manor done similar to the old Dream House.

A big yes to more cyberpunk themed stuff. Especially vehicles.I would love to see a big sci-fi cyberpunk looking unarmed ,wheeled van/truck,something like this.

bulldog.JPG
    320 x 240 - 37K
    edited December 1969

...FireAngel's APV works well as a CityMaster.

I also use the SportsCar Exemon for the Eurocar Westwind.

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited December 1969

Wish Fire Angel sold through the Daz store... Their designs look amazing.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...FireAngel's APV works well as a CityMaster.

I also use the SportsCar Exemon for the Eurocar Westwind.

Nice, I also found this one. It could be suitable as bulldog like truck but I'm not sure how well it'll work in DAZ.
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/sci-fi-truck---heavy-duty-for-poser-/64750/

I did a search both here and at redno for the SportsCar Exemo but didn't find anything,could you post a link?

edited June 2014

...have that one too. Pretty much for the same reason.

apologies for the sports car, bad typo. it's Emexon and available here in the store.

edited December 1969

So it works OK in Daz then?

edited December 1969

...Yep.

edited December 1969

Great, going have to buy it now,maybe get some shaders and see if I can paint it up like the A-team van.

edited June 2014

...I think it includes the UV map so you can create your own textures. I did that with the Yamaki Cargo truck for this pic.

bad_timing_pw.jpg
    1333 x 1000 - 1M
  • XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited December 1969

Davros & Sons! Complete with a little red dalek icon! I love it! XD

edited December 1969

Thats a pretty cool render Kyoto,are there any detailed tutorials for creating textures from UV maps? All I know is I need a editing program like photoshop or gimp.