What do you hope to see in 2014?

Comments

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 1969

Bryce 8

Hexagon 3

Dim to put the textures to the outfit in the same folder...so I don't have to search everywhere.....

Read me files in order somehow...so I don't have to search for them...be it product# or ...ABC....

I don't know about anyone else but ...being kinda new to Daz I have trouble finding what outfit I have to put on first before changing the textures ....(which are always named something else).....

I probably have more for my wish list but I think I pretty much covered what would help me out.....Trish

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,593
    edited December 2013

...oh, and how about an improved Autofit that doesn't distort the front portion of a skirt or shirt/blouse mesh? With skirts (evne short oned0 the centre portion always gets stretched and bows unnaturally inward between the thighs, while the bottom hem of long shirts, blouses, and sweaters always get an odd upwards indentation in them.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 2013

Oh ...yes and I almost forgot.. this one....You have all of these fancy female dresses and not one of them is able to sit on a horse how about a side saddle....well that's not really a program improvement ....

Post edited by Trish on
  • BendinggrassBendinggrass Posts: 1,367
    edited December 1969

I would like a high detail Battlestar Galactica digital model to use in DS and Poser.

• SnowPheonixSnowPheonix Posts: 896
    edited December 1969

It occurs to me I forgot worn, dirty and torn clothing. I know they have that option on the Genesis Supersuit and a really old outfit that doesn't look like it would work but we could really use some clothes that kind of go through stages of clean to dirty during an action scene.... I mean, whose ever heard of somebody getting into a tussle and not getting their shirt a little dirty?

I know the Mad Docter/Nurse outfits do that but they are also covered in blood which to me is frankly disgusting... but then, I suppose some people like the gore... I don't want horror outfits but I do want an outfit that starts out clean and gradually gets dirty in stages.. should be fairly easy to do, even if its as an add on material... although I don't know how that would work with a torn shirt but I just thought I'd put it out there.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

It occurs to me I forgot worn, dirty and torn clothing. I know they have that option on the Genesis Supersuit and a really old outfit that doesn't look like it would work but we could really use some clothes that kind of go through stages of clean to dirty during an action scene.... I mean, whose ever heard of somebody getting into a tussle and not getting their shirt a little dirty?

I know the Mad Docter/Nurse outfits do that but they are also covered in blood which to me is frankly disgusting... but then, I suppose some people like the gore... I don't want horror outfits but I do want an outfit that starts out clean and gradually gets dirty in stages.. should be fairly easy to do, even if its as an add on material... although I don't know how that would work with a torn shirt but I just thought I'd put it out there.

http://www.daz3d.com/hybrid-grunge-bundle-for-daz-studio

• shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,189
    edited December 1969

I would like to see a DS like autofit for Poser, the current fitting room is nice but I would like something similar to what DS users have.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited December 1969

I would like the product view in DAZ to contain the subfolders. It is very hard when you buy a product such as 'shattered' and everything is dumped in the same folder. I realize you can get the content in the props window properly organized, but it makes it so much harder to find the proper order of application that way.

edited December 1969

http://www.daz3d.com/hybrid-grunge-bundle-for-daz-studio

That looks like it has potential but I've been burned before on older products in DAZ3d's library that don't work they way it advertises in newer versions. Do you have it on your system? Does it work for you? Would you mind showing me a render using it?

I was reading the promotional material and it says it was designed back in the DAZ 3/2 days which to me sends up a warning flag. The other thing is that whenever you start getting into layers, it tends to slow the renders down to a crawl and I'm not going to wait 5 hours just because the shader layer added a little dirt.

What is your experience? Are you using DAZ Studio 4.6?

Thanks in advance for your thought and input.

edited December 1969

...I've used both the Rusticator and Giminizer and neither really had much of an impact on render time.

• estheresther Posts: 608
    edited December 1969

I would like some new poser figures like in the good old days of the earlier vickies and mikes.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

That looks like it has potential but I've been burned before on older products in DAZ3d's library that don't work they way it advertises in newer versions. Do you have it on your system? Does it work for you? Would you mind showing me a render using it?

I was reading the promotional material and it says it was designed back in the DAZ 3/2 days which to me sends up a warning flag. The other thing is that whenever you start getting into layers, it tends to slow the renders down to a crawl and I'm not going to wait 5 hours just because the shader layer added a little dirt.

DAZ Studio 4.6.1.39, Grime shaders on Streetwear Jeans, from left to right Clean, Dirty, Grimy and Flithy. This just touches what can be done... Time to render? On my PC less than 1 minute.

Click for full size.
    Dirty.png
    1280 x 800 - 1M
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 2013

For those Really bad days... Mr Hyde Shorts... And just for fun... A Second one...
    Title: Mom's going to kill you!!

Click for full size....

MOMs.png
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
    Shorts.png
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
    Post edited by Jaderail on
  • caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,335
    edited December 1969

A 64-bit version of Bryce (for Mac), or at least something to make Bryce run on newer 64-bit Macs (no, NOT Parallels or other Windows stuff!).

• RCTSpankyRCTSpanky Posts: 850
    edited December 1969

Maybe some Socks for the Genesis Males.

And I sign bullit35744's request for Hexagon 3. More than overdue.

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 2013

I'd actually like to see more conforming hair, but with attention paid to the way it does it. I like FiberMesh hair too and when it's uncomplicated it can work really well. Hellboy (Soto) has Flat Top Hair as a freebie and it loads and renders as well as any other. Neftis over-complicate theirs resulting in very log render times. Obviously a lot of artists assume we have Garibaldi and LAMH and will make our own. I have Garibaldi and could, I just don't always see why I should.

CHEERS!

Post edited by Rogerbee on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

What do you hope to see in 2014?

palm trees, tiki motifs

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

DAZ Studio 4.6.1.39, Grime shaders on Streetwear Jeans, from left to right Clean, Dirty, Grimy and Flithy. This just touches what can be done... Time to render? On my PC less than 1 minute.

Click for full size.

LOL... So you made a sale and I went and bought the package and of course it doesn't come with any details to tell me how to find the things in my catalog.

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/10541/start

Any chance you can tell me where it downloaded to so I can actually find it and use it? Sorry but I've got so many things in my catalog that unless the documentation tells me where to find it.. I have to search for it... Its not in "Shaders" :(

• cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
    edited December 2013

That DAZ do anatomical correct adult versions of their Figures (both, male and female) and that means real adult versions not with add on probs and with more morphs than the add on probs have. Most people doing 3D rendering are adult persons over 18 so and for those who do not want this because it is to offensive for them DAZ could also create Versions for kids.

Post edited by cosmo71 on
  • SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

Click for full size.

LOL... So you made a sale and I went and bought the package and of course it doesn't come with any details to tell me how to find the things in my catalog.

Any chance you can tell me where it downloaded to so I can actually find it and use it? Sorry but I've got so many things in my catalog that unless the documentation tells me where to find it.. I have to search for it... Its not in "Shaders" :(

A lot of artists who create tiling texture-based shaders as opposed to writing new shaders (like AoA's SSS and metalized glass) put them in Shader Presets. Marieah I think does this. It's not a quality judgment, but a difference in method and type.

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 1969

I'm going to be echoing a lot of what's already in here...

Male counterparts for Josie, Gia, and Olympia. (Wouldn't mind a male counterpart for Girl 6 either) I'm pretty sure at least one of these is on the way.

Gen 5 UV's available for Gen 6

A new DAZ Canine, preferably one that can scale from Chihuahua to Dire Wolf, and a new DAZ little cat (or a little cat morph Set for the DAZ big Cat 2 would also be acceptable.)

A Daz weasel (to cover otters, minks, ferrets, etc.)

A DAZ Bear. ( I know there are a couple of bears already available, but I'd like to blend between types, rather than having to pick one.)

Clones for the new DAZ animals for each other, so that you can use saddles and barding across types.

3DU to make a commercial version of the commissioned Otter that they have on their site.

A practical armor set for Gen 2 Females. Just one. :)

The ability to dress my Genesis figures for a Chicago Winter.

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited December 2013

I know the Mad Docter/Nurse outfits do that but they are also covered in blood which to me is frankly disgusting... but then, I suppose some people like the gore...

While I don't own those particular figures, I do have certain make-up sets and the 'Gore-Dom' product and would like to point out that it's not because I "like the gore", but because it's sometimes necessary for certain scenes I'm depicting. Especially of an action-based or medical-themed nature. :)

Wouldn't mind a male counterpart for Girl 6 either

Having just purchased Girl 6, the other day, I'm wholeheartedly seconding this. Mimicking Japanese cartoon styles isn't something I want to do, but Girl 6 allows me to reproduce Western, Disney/Pixar-style characters just beautifully. Watched 'Tangled' for the first time, yesterday and it occurred to me I could pretty much do something on a par with that, using Girl 6. If there was a corresponding 'Boy 6', I'd love to use it to do some Disney-style visuals.

Does anyone know if there was a similar 'Girl 5' for Genesis 1? I did a search, but couldn't find anything. 3D Universe's 'Jazlyn' seems to come closest.

Post edited by Xenomorphine on
  • Subtropic PixelSubtropic Pixel Posts: 2,378
    edited December 2013

I second the idea of a "Boy 6". Girl 6 is somewhat limited without a male counterpart. Opposites attract!

Here's my list:

0. Aforementioned idea of "Boy 6".

1. 64 bit Bryce, capable of working with HD meshes

2. 64 bit Hexagon, capable of working with HD meshes

3. A real, bonafide, CONSOLIDATED USER MANUAL for all DAZ products. Distributed in PDF format with hotlinks for Table of Contents, Index, and Search. I repeat, a CONSOLIDATED user manual, containing user manual information for each and every DAZ product, paid or unpaid.

4. A real, bonafide DATABASE for DAZ Studio, with better organization for the content. I still struggle EVERY DAY with the content manager. Yeah, make it backward compatible so that long-term users won't take up torches and pitchforks. But give me better organization please, because this AIN'T WORKING.

5. UI visual improvements for all DAZ products, including DAZ Studio and Cararra. I am especially interested in the ability to resize dropdown and button text for visual access. Cararra is the worst due to the now-obsolete internal coding methodologies employed, and should be prioritized the highest. But all products need work so as to become compatible with today's high-resolution monitors and DAZ's userbase demographics.

6. Usability improvements for Daz Studio. Some operations are accessed by the dropdown menu on the right, some by Edit/Figure, and others by some mysterious arcane chanting and spellcasting. That last one is my strong suspicion, and so far nobody has been able to convince me otherwise.

Post edited by Subtropic Pixel on
  • XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited December 1969

Adding this idea to my list from above: A new version of the on-line product library. Once you get beyond a few pages, you want to be able to view things by category, not purely the date of purchase! There are regular times I need to find the product pages of certain items.

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

I know the Mad Docter/Nurse outfits do that but they are also covered in blood which to me is frankly disgusting... but then, I suppose some people like the gore...

While I don't own those particular figures, I do have certain make-up sets and the 'Gore-Dom' product and would like to point out that it's not because I "like the gore", but because it's sometimes necessary for certain scenes I'm depicting. Especially of an action-based or medical-themed nature. :)

Wouldn't mind a male counterpart for Girl 6 either

Having just purchased Girl 6, the other day, I'm wholeheartedly seconding this. Mimicking Japanese cartoon styles isn't something I want to do, but Girl 6 allows me to reproduce Western, Disney/Pixar-style characters just beautifully. Watched 'Tangled' for the first time, yesterday and it occurred to me I could pretty much do something on a par with that, using Girl 6. If there was a corresponding 'Boy 6', I'd love to use it to do some Disney-style visuals.

Does anyone know if there was a similar 'Girl 5' for Genesis 1? I did a search, but couldn't find anything. 3D Universe's 'Jazlyn' seems to come closest.

Girl 5 got skipped last generation like David 4 was skipped in the Gen 4. DAZ always said they wouldn't do all the figures in all the generations. There was sort of a Guy 4

http://www.daz3d.com/guy-4-michael-4

edited December 1969

...seconding DaWaterRat's wish for more updated critters, and please oh please include a morphable posable bovine and sheep.

• cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

DaWaterRat, good point about animals. There are too few realistic ones in comparison to the realistic people. Rendering a DAZ Dog alongside a Genesis kid shows such differences... Brr. As for dogs, I'd love to get poodles of all sizes (from big through medium, miniature and toy/teacup poodles), above all, without those strange haircuts. I need poodles that hunt water birds like ducks, poodles running in the forest and such. Moreover, more primates and tropical fish to put into aquariums.

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

If you have the original DAZ Gorilla (not the one for Genesis), the Kong Pack which gives you more realistic textures and add ons is on sale at Renderosity for $3.50.

edited December 1969

...as to fish I'd like to see more common native fresh water varieties like Trout, Pike/Muskellunge , Sunfish, Catfish, and Lake Sturgeon as well as Salt water ones like Salmon, Tuna, Groupers, Loaches, Herring, and Carp.

...and how about "realistic" crustaceans like Crabs, Lobsters, and Crayfish?

...might as well throw in mollusks too.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

Click for full size.

A lot of artists who create tiling texture-based shaders as opposed to writing new shaders (like AoA's SSS and metalized glass) put them in Shader Presets. Marieah I think does this. It's not a quality judgment, but a difference in method and type.

I still can't find the products that I purchased. It's not in Shaders or Shader Preset folders.

This is a excellent demonstration as to why I don't like outdated versions... I mean, I've paid money for a product that downloaded and I can't find in my run time. It's not like I can get a refund... I just have a product that I can't find and can't use and nobody that knows where it went... Now I'm guessing that if I search through folder by folder in my "Poser Formats"/"My Library" I'll eventually find it under one of the catagories in that filing system since it is an older product... but where? Since DAZ doesn't tell me on the info, I have no way of knowing and this is just they type of thing that pisses my off and why I never trust older products you guys sell.

Who knows where I can find it? Where is it in your runtime?

When will DAZ fix this so other people don't keep having the same issue.