What do you hope to see in 2014?

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Ledhead said:
    Jaderail said:
    Ledhead said:
    I'd like to see me getting back into Studio and enjoying some wonderful conversation (if that's what it's called) with some wonderful people.
    Howdy!! you been lurking way to long, post and replies shall follow.

No lurking. First time I've been here since whenever it was I stopped posting. How ya been Jader?Well they stupidily made me a Admin... So I think I been posting way to much. Glad to see you back.

• SnowPheonixSnowPheonix Posts: 896
    edited December 1969

lee_lhs said:
    World peace! :-)

https://www.facebook.com/clickworldpeace

I love that two people said world peace because thats what I do with most of the pictures I make.

Hope your New Years is going brilliantly.

• cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...as to fish I'd like to see more common native fresh water varieties like Trout, Pike/Muskellunge , Sunfish, Catfish, and Lake Sturgeon as well as Salt water ones like Salmon, Tuna, Groupers, Loaches, Herring, and Carp.

...and how about "realistic" crustaceans like Crabs, Lobsters, and Crayfish?

...might as well throw in mollusks too.

That sounds good! I wanted to make some aquarium renders, but the fish for sale are not suitable for that. I found some freebie species like fighting fish (Betta splendens), but they're for 3DS. I managed to convert the prop (the fighting fish wasn't posable) using some free converter, but the application can texture it back only when there's a single texture file. I was fortunate enough to have a single JPG, but I guess the others may have several files, which would cause problems. I'm also surprised there are no decent goldfish (if any) or koi carps. Catfish, trouts, sardines...

If you have the original DAZ Gorilla (not the one for Genesis), the Kong Pack which gives you more realistic textures and add ons is on sale at Renderosity for $3.50.

Wow, thank you. Could you be so kind and send me the link through an e-mail please?

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

The DAZ TOS do not allow us to link to competing sites. That's why you see members mention vendors and sites but don't give links.

It would only be removed if posted it.

• ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
    edited December 1969

True Rigidity function for Daz Studio would be probably at the top of my list so that clothing could be easily created with non-deformable buttons.

Current rigidity maps only prevent deformations of the mesh when the parent mesh morphs. In order to have weight maps not deform the item you have to manually fill every polygon of the rigidity zone with the average of the values of every weight map that affects the zone. Since most buttons on an outfit are in the torso this means they could be influenced by dozens of weightmaps. This means it can take several hours of trial and error to get a single button to not deform when the figure moves.

I have an outfit I'm working on with around 24 buttons in the chest area. It would take weeks to manually make them all rigid (this is why so many products for Daz Studio have buttons in the chest that distort when you move the torso, it's just too much work to make them truly rigid).

To automate this would be one of the easiest functions to implement yet all these years of Daz's existence and True Rigidity is still absent.

• smaysmay Posts: 233
    edited January 2014

True Rigidity function for Daz Studio would be probably at the top of my list so that clothing could be easily created with non-deformable buttons.

Current rigidity maps only prevent deformations of the mesh when the parent mesh morphs. In order to have weight maps not deform the item you have to manually fill every polygon of the rigidity zone with the average of the values of every weight map that affects the zone. Since most buttons on an outfit are in the torso this means they could be influenced by dozens of weightmaps. This means it can take several hours of trial and error to get a single button to not deform when the figure moves.

I have an outfit I'm working on with around 24 buttons in the chest area. It would take weeks to manually make them all rigid (this is why so many products for Daz Studio have buttons in the chest that distort when you move the torso, it's just too much work to make them truly rigid).

To automate this would be one of the easiest functions to implement yet all these years of Daz's existence and True Rigidity is still absent.

I often have the same problem. It would be great if there was some kind of tool for creating buttons.

Post edited by smay on
  • DZ_jaredDZ_jared Posts: 1,316
    edited December 1969

I'm currently working on a jacket with a belt buckle, rivets and buttons. My two best friends have been the flood fill and the smoothing brush.

Flood fill works for things like the buckle that can't deform at all. It is tedious, but if you select all the polygons of the buckle using the Polygon Group Editor Tool you can then activate the weight map brush right click and flood fill the weights for your currently selected map. I recommend flood filling to the lowest bone in the hiearchy that should have influence, usually the hip but not always and then pulling from there onto the other bones.

For things like buttons you don't need to flood fill them. Just set the size of your smoothing brush so that the inner circle is the same size as the button itself and set the sensitivity pretty high (75-100) and smooth each button on each map. Still tedious, but not as tedious as weighting each polygon individually. This will also ensure that the buttons still move with the shirt.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,888
    edited December 1969

Depending on how the item is modelled, selecting one polygon on a button or buckle and then hitting cmd/ctrl-* to select all connected might make life easier.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Another thing I hope works out much better for us ALL in 2014 is when the forums are replaced it's the home we are all hoping for in every aspect.

Themes or coloring options being at the top of the list for many
    No log outs
    Consistent connectivity with fast loading pages
    Full transfer of all the posts from these forums since there is SO much good info here
    Fantastic Search capabilities with Advanced Search options
    No loss of EMail notifications unless the END USER wants to unsubscribe. This "Smart software" solution for not sending out notifications is bunk and not smart in the least, more annoying than anything else in MANY end users eyes.

Seems more folks are abandoning these forums or coming here allot less. Hopefully DAZ wants to try to turn that around.

Thanks!

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

- The elimination of get XX% off *these*, but only if you by *this* and other similar sales. 9 times out of 10 I want items under *these*, but never want *this*.

- For Hexagon to get put back into the dev cycle and to become an actual competitor in the modeling world.

- For Daz content to work more natively in Poser without the importer (probably more of a Smith Micro thing).

- Streamlined folder structure of Genesis PoserCF content (Ex.- as it stands, it's likely to find clothing under Daz Genesis, Genesis, or somewhere else entirely).

- Backwards compatibility among UVs/Clothing (G2F skins on V4 anyone?). In the long run I think this could help sales GREATLY.
    The clothing can be done *somewhat* painlessly in PP2014 in the Fitting room, but not that I know of in DS.

- To have more Stonemason stuff in my runtime. :P

• StonemasonStonemason Posts: 1,161
    edited December 1969

to make more stuff :)

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,888
    edited December 1969

to have more money to pay for Stonemason stuff - and to have more time to render it all.

• Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
    edited December 1969

I'd really like some kind of figure-neutral parenting "anatomy" object for female breasts. Use it and it would just span the gap between breasts so that when we do collisions on clothing it wouldn't cling to the figure without buying tons of fixes and doing trial and error (I just made a post about getting genX and sadly the breast-gap fixes for genesis don't work well with the transferred morphs unless I go back and look at what was dialed in.

Tl;DR: I want an an object I can parent to figures to fix physics issues in clothing.

Or a dynamic cloth room a la Poser. I can dream, can't I?

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,566
    edited December 1969

I'd really like some kind of figure-neutral parenting "anatomy" object for female breasts. Use it and it would just span the gap between breasts so that when we do collisions on clothing it wouldn't cling to the figure without buying tons of fixes and doing trial and error (I just made a post about getting genX and sadly the breast-gap fixes for genesis don't work well with the transferred morphs unless I go back and look at what was dialed in.

Tl;DR: I want an an object I can parent to figures to fix physics issues in clothing.

Or a dynamic cloth room a la Poser. I can dream, can't I?

Yep, a true dynamic cloth room in DS would be most welcome!! For chest span, I would love this morph also. V3 had it, bring it back. I get good results with a deformer most of the time and it's not hard..

edited December 1969

Yep, a true dynamic cloth room in DS would be most welcome!! For chest span, I would love this morph also. V3 had it, bring it back. I get good results with a deformer most of the time and it's not hard..

While a morph that filled in the gap would work, I was thinking more along the lines of an attach-able anatomy object that does the same thing. A good example are the genital props. If you apply them with the correct textures they are seamless and when you collide something with the parent figure, the child anatomy object is also collided with.

So just do what they do with the gens but with a chest-cover. I don't mess with the gens very often, but they seem to handle all types of body sizes well, so I'm sure they could be a "fit to" conversion for pretty much any figure.

• ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
    edited December 1969

Oh and if 2014 should finally see Dress Shop getting cloth simulation then 2014 will see me getting Dress Shop.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited December 1969

I'd really like some kind of figure-neutral parenting "anatomy" object for female breasts. Use it and it would just span the gap between breasts so that when we do collisions on clothing it wouldn't cling to the figure without buying tons of fixes ?

Seconded! I really want this. =-) The fit of female tops is a pet peeve of mine, as the rest of the outfit looks great, but the tops look painted on and unreal, because it clings to the chest in fantastic ways.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,254
    edited December 1969

RawArt's No-Suit has a bridging morph which looks promising. Doesn't stop the anti-gravity, underbust cling though.

edited December 1969

JOdel said:
    RawArt's No-Suit has a bridging morph which looks promising. Doesn't stop the anti-gravity, underbust cling though.

That's why I like the approach that I suggested, it could easily just be a render-invisible smooth curve, so you don't even need to worry about texturing it. It's beyond my skill but very simple for someone who can actually make morphs, I would think. I don't know if the figure adjusting anatomy objects are different, though.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited December 1969

I think- to me, it needs to be a shape. A woman wearing undergarments is going to have some bumps, a bra-strap, and underwire, shape added. If she's wearing a sports bra, a softer look.

For going underneath dresses, I think some more shape needs to be added, so the autofit, won't cling down there.

I'd love bra shape, and some bumps for straps too.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,576
    edited January 2014

...as of 00:00:01 hrs 01-01-14

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

icprncss said:
    The DAZ TOS do not allow us to link to competing sites. That's why you see members mention vendors and sites but don't give links.

That's why you could use my e-mail, even off-site.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

icprncss said:

or you could use the market place search at Rendo, and find it that way.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,254
    edited December 1969

That sounds good! I wanted to make some aquarium renders, but the fish for sale are not suitable for that. I found some freebie species like fighting fish (Betta splendens), but they're for 3DS. I managed to convert the prop (the fighting fish wasn't posable) using some free converter, but the application can texture it back only when there's a single texture file. I was fortunate enough to have a single JPG, but I guess the others may have several files, which would cause problems. I'm also surprised there are no decent goldfish (if any) or koi carps. Catfish, trouts, sardines...

There are goldfish out there, and bug-eye goldfish also, on a freebie site somewhere. They aren't new, I can't recall the URL. I think Carrie58 did the textures for some of them, so maybe searching her name in the freepository might help.

For that matter they could be on ShareCg, but it's been so long since I downloaded them I've no idea.

• AdemnusAdemnus Posts: 744
    edited December 1969

nice, short, masculine, modern, male hairstyles for g2 male.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...as of 00:00:01 hrs 01-01-14

Is your computer sending messages all by itself, KK?

• dhornbrookdhornbrook Posts: 3
    edited December 1969

Well I would like to see Aiko 6 with Aiko 6 Petite body morph as well. Someone said that not all morphs would make it to this generation, but I would like to see one more. Then I would focus on software.
    1. Create something similar to Poser Fusion that can communicate with other software back and forth. The current Daz3d export needs this improvement. If changes need to be made you have to go thru more steps.
    2. There is more and more people using Octane Renderer as well as other Software for Rendering. Why not embrace this and create alternative renderer yourself or create tools that will help speed up communication with 3rd party renderers.
    3. One of the things I haven't seen with Daz3d is how lips are rendered, Not sure if its materials, displacements, or what. When I look at promos and I look at the characters lips. How they are rendered in Poser and then I see Daz3d Render.
    4. Improving Daz3d SSS in models
    5. I would say improve the poser support. But the more I use Genesis and Genesis 2 figures I say focus on the items above. Smith Micro needs to wake up and support genesis and genesis natively. This band aide support is nice but they need to support these figures natively in the next version. Technology needs to progress and not grow stagnant. Just my opinion..

edited December 1969

Well I would like to see Aiko 6 with Aiko 6 Petite body morph as well. Someone said that not all morphs would make it to this generation, but I would like to see one more. Then I would focus on software.

(...)

5. I would say improve the poser support. But the more I use Genesis and Genesis 2 figures I say focus on the items above. Smith Micro needs to wake up and support genesis and genesis natively. This band aide support is nice but they need to support these figures natively in the next version. Technology needs to progress and not grow stagnant. Just my opinion..

Yes, I often hear my acquaintances on DA saying something like: "Wilmap's clothes look great, but using Genesis content in Poser is tricky". I wonder why SM somehow stopped at Generation 2 artificial-looking figures like Jessi. Whether they like it or not, DAZ is currently making leading figures, so they HAVE to support them if they want their customers to keep up with those expensive Poser upgrades.

A6 would be nice, especially if the faces of Aiko 3 Classic Realistic were implemented (that's what Aiko shapes for Genesis lack in my humble opinion). And real support for dynamic hairdos and clothes.

chohole said:
    The DAZ TOS do not allow us to link to competing sites. That's why you see members mention vendors and sites but don't give links. It would only be removed if posted it.

Sorry, but I didn't recall the vendor's nick. If somebody knows who made that King Kong pack, please drop me a note.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

(...)

Yes, I often hear my acquaintances on DA saying something like: "Wilmap's clothes look great, but using Genesis content in Poser is tricky". I wonder why SM somehow stopped at Generation 2 artificial-looking figures like Jessi. Whether they like it or not, DAZ is currently making leading figures, so they HAVE to support them if they want their customers to keep up with those expensive Poser upgrades.

A6 would be nice, especially if the faces of Aiko 3 Classic Realistic were implemented (that's what Aiko shapes for Genesis lack in my humble opinion). And real support for dynamic hairdos and clothes.

chohole said:
    The DAZ TOS do not allow us to link to competing sites. That's why you see members mention vendors and sites but don't give links. It would only be removed if posted it.

Sorry, but I didn't recall the vendor's nick. If somebody knows who made that King Kong pack, please drop me a note.

I found it by just searching for Kong in the Rendo market place search.

• bringhobringho Posts: 239
    edited December 1969

The most annoying misfeature in Daz Studio - witch should be a peace of cake to fix is the jerky motion of the camera when I try to make a fine adjustment using scene tool to move it up/down, right/left...

Other than that I'd love to see dynamic cloth and hair...