What do you hope to see in 2014?

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,557
    edited December 1969

A true Unisex figure named Genesis 3.

Seeing how they dumped Genesis1 in a hurry I doubt they will ever go that route again;.

• Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
    edited December 1969

Same things I always hope for:

1. Dynamic cloth room like Poser. I really liked the idea of giving it the draping option (much like the DAZ smoothing modifier) and then letting it drape. I didn't like the clunky animation-frame method, but DAZ could easily do the same thing they do with the smoothing modifiers. I honestly don't know why they haven't done it already. Maybe some kind of agreement with Smith Micro.

2. Multiple collision objects for smoothing modifiers. For example, with long hair I like to apply the collision/smoothing modifiers to the figure so that I can drape it more realistically, but it would be nice to allow it to collide with pretty much anything, for an endless amount of increased creativity! That's just an example, there are HUNDREDS of applications!

• BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,201
    edited December 1969

How could I forget this:

Muscularity for Genesis 2 Male and Female. Wouldn't mind a HD option. I think I've been sitting on hot coals for this since Gia's release.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

A true Unisex figure named Genesis 3
    Seeing how they dumped Genesis1 in a hurry I doubt they will ever go that route again;.Really? Ya think?
    http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/bio-squad-dragonfly
    http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/monster-classics-the-beastman
    Seems to me that some PA's are returning to Genesis 1 and playing up the reasons it's still a very useful figure. Hope to see much more of that myself this year. To me all the current figures have a use and G1 is to me the most versatile of them all.
  • SnowPheonixSnowPheonix Posts: 896
    edited December 1969

1. I really could use:

Modern and up-todate, (not buck rodgers style) Sci-fi

Living quarters/Apartment
    Bar
    Mess Hall,
    Food Props

2. A new adult male figure. The male equivalent of Olympia. M6 is a good start, but I find his face very difficult to modify

3. A m5 morph for M6

4. Alien skins, both anthropomorphic and Alien

5. Boiler suit/jumpsuit/flight suit.

6. Improved Cape for both fantasy and sci-fi renders

What a great list... I think extra skins for M6 HD would be in order at that.

I know DAZ already has a new modern bar and one that looks like a classic style bar ... what are you hoping to see on those sets? Like a Star Wars canteen style?

Thanks for sharing, Happy New Years and Happy Rendering.

alien456456d.jpg
    1192 x 851 - 84K
    edited December 1969

Same things I always hope for:

1. Dynamic cloth room like Poser. I really liked the idea of giving it the draping option (much like the DAZ smoothing modifier) and then letting it drape. I didn't like the clunky animation-frame method, but DAZ could easily do the same thing they do with the smoothing modifiers. I honestly don't know why they haven't done it already. Maybe some kind of agreement with Smith Micro.

2. Multiple collision objects for smoothing modifiers. For example, with long hair I like to apply the collision/smoothing modifiers to the figure so that I can drape it more realistically, but it would be nice to allow it to collide with pretty much anything, for an endless amount of increased creativity! That's just an example, there are HUNDREDS of applications!

You know the main reason I don't use poser even though I have a licensed version of it installed on my computer? It feels to 'clucky' because of the clothing room. Other than the fact that DAZ Studio 4.6 is free and cheap to use, I like the ease of its operations and to be honest, the last thing I'd want to see is DAZ become like Poser when it is its own brand that has an industry standard rendering engine.

I'm not a against a dynamic cloth room but it really is best being left as an separate functioning program because I like the faster paced work flow. I like the fact that I almost never suffer from crashes (unless I use the 'advanced lightset').

I don't know.. their going to do what they will but I just thought I'd share a different perspective with you. Have a great day.

Happy New Years and thanks for sharing

alien456456e.jpg
    1192 x 851 - 87K
  • efron_24efron_24 Posts: 473
    edited December 1969

I would like to see Stone Mason continue with his "present day" city scapes...

I would love to see much more jeans and heels for Gen2V6v/Poser

Othere than that Peace in the world and happyness for all

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 2013

I'd like to see:

Support for existing figures to build before new ones get released.

No more figure specific UV's other than V6/M6! David 5 had his own UV, and you'll never be able to use his textures on G2 as he wasn't popular enough to warrant a clone.

David 6, but with M6 UV's. And let him grow before you bring something else out!

Stephanie 6, with V6 UV's and face morphs like S4 had.

More eye texture packs like Actual Eyes and Look At Me Eyes.

Better use made of the Eye Reflection.

More character morphs.

Proper Ethnic morphs like the Gen 4 packs.

More .pdf and written tutorials, not everyone can follow videos.

And that'll do, for now anyway....

CHEERS!

Post edited by Rogerbee on
  • XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited December 2013

Seconding the call for less 'skimpwear' when it comes to professional job-related clothing. Sexy can be good - for the right situation - but if I want a clothing set for the Wild West, a mechanic, a pilot, a soldier, an armoured knight, etcetera... The vast majority of stuff I'll be wanting it for will be serious-minded.

Other stuff...

* A Windows 8-compliant version of Hexagon.

* Accessories for the Vintage Wetsuit for Genesis. Looks great! Would like to see things like breathing gear (in both snorkel and oxygen tank combinations) and harpoon gun, though.

* More geo-grafted creature and/or robotic parts for Genesis 1 or even 2. Cybernetic Doctor Octopus, anyone?

* Non-feathery wings for either/both Genesis versions! The Epic Wings are fantastic, but if you want anything other than an angel... Especially more desirable with the new HD demonic morphs for the creature creator. Reptilian and skeletal wings would make my day.

* A non-furry texture for the Genesis 2 creature creator tail. The creator of the excellent Easy Tail for Genesis 1 confirmed to me they wont be updating it to be compatible with Genesis 2, so... This is even more necessary! I love that the creature creator can let you make the tail a variety of shapes, but definitely want a non-furry option (and a human texture would also be excellent)

* Some insectoid/arachnid/mollusc-inspired Genesis monsters. Let's see razor-sharp mandibles, armoured exoskeletal looks and additional geo-grafted tentacles and mantis limbs!

* More skins for the Genesis 1/2 creature creator morphs. In fact, more exotic skins designed for use with Genesis 1 and 2, in general, like gold, silver, crimson and so on, would be really desirable.

* A lot of the really high-quality V4/M4 stuff updated so that it can be used for Genesis 2 (and, in some unfortunate cases, Genesis 1, too).

* A squid. :) We've got an octopus and even an amazing stand-alone Cthulhu figure, but no squid... Something which has morphs, so that it can be a regular small squid, jumbo squid, giant squid or colossal squid, would be fantastic - and additional fantasy-based 'kraken'-like morphs, to give it an excessively vicious appearance, would be very gratefully received. A functional working beak would be even better.

* Science-fiction combat armour which is native for Genesis compatibility.

* Military clothing (soldiers and formalwear) for Genesis 2 with optional personal armour.

* More robotic stand-alone figures. Especially those with a non-humanoid design. The robotic animals we presently have are amazing and I'd love to see more.

* Helmets and gas masks for pilots and riot police (both contemporary and futuristic), for Genesis. Would be nice to see a variety of different designs and styles, perhaps with the option to remove the face-plate, breathing gear, visor and headgear, in whatever combination would be desired.

* A pack of realistic modern-day security gear/flashlights/tasers/riot shields

* Science-fiction weapons which are mounted on wrists/arms/shoulders/heads, instead of having to be held in the hands. Bonus points if smart propped to one or both of the Genesis versions.

* 'Bloodrayne'-style arm-blades for Genesis 1/2.

* More modular build-it-yourself kits, like Stonemason just released.

* More in-scene special effects.

* Eighties-era clothing for Genesis 1/2!

* Hair modelled on those worn by famous fictional characters. Selene's, from 'Underworld', would be an instant purchase for me!

* New skin packs for Genesis 1/2 (especially if they include at least one ethnic variation).

* Realistic HD blood splatter shaders/props for Genesis 2.

* 'Hive material' props which can turn any set into looking like it's been infested by aliens or giant insects. See 'Aliens' for reference.

* Realistic wreckage sets. I want to have characters walk into old, disused space freighters and haunted ocean liners. Having twisted, broken wreckage I can place, strewn across the landscape set of my choosing, would be a big bonus, too. I'm thinking like the 'Them Bones' sets, except with broken, twisted, burnt pieces of structural metal, in place of bones.

* A morph pack to make the V4/M4 skeletons look mutated/demonic in various ways.

* A non-cartoony, full-length hooded robe for Genesis.

* Military planes and submarines.

* A Sam Fisher-style night-vision visor for soldiers, secret agents and criminal characters, for Genesis 1/2.

* Roman togas for Genesis 1/2.

* Hospital interior for medical and/or horror scenes. There are props available and even a hospital bed, but not yet any hospital patient rooms, surgery or corridors.

* Someone to do a female skin expansion for Raw Art's cyclops. Only male skins are included!

* A version of the excellent 'Four Arms' for Genesis 2. Hopefully, able to be moved up and down the torso for any desired placement.

* Business suit-like shoes for both genders of Genesis 1/2.

* Modern-day and World War Two versions of nurse's outfits for Genesis 1/2.

Post edited by Xenomorphine on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

i'd like to see the Northern Lights. or southern lights. Disney World.and i'd like to go see Helsinki and ride the tram with the beer.

• LintonLinton Posts: 541
    edited December 1969

Male underwear options expanded out to be more than just briefs or boxers. Designer brands, unique looks in both underwear and male swimwear, in speedo styles, short shorts, as well as more board shorts options. (Please no mankinis though). Fun boxer options, superhero labels (if possible). Ability to apply labels to underwear, even writing in own label/branding would be an awesome option.

More male sportswear clothing options that are up to date with the M6/V6 Gen2M/F quality. A large proportion of soccer gear is out dated. Lacrosse sets, Australian Rules football wear, UnderArmour and Skins, sports tape, band-aids, compression gear.

For the girls, adding the voice to the less skimpy military and combat gear. Realistic armour along the lines of Historical Armour sets, Swords Sisterhood etc. Joan of Arc kicked arse in full plate armour, not a bikini.

More new dragon options. Greater morph options on claws (wider, not longer, textures as well, aged claws, new claws, polished claws along with colours to match.)

Props/Items

Kayak, single seater, with options like a fish-finder, fishing rod, life-jacket/preserver, fishing net. Paddles and keel rudder rope options too please.

Small rubber dinghy, with mini outboard motor. Available in stealth, or standard colours. (Would go great with vintage scuba gear for a James Bond epic)

Fit-To auto morphs for older swords, guns, and any other hand held prop. Some great looking swords out there but damn are they hard to align with Gen2 hands, especially without an auto fit.

Drop At Cursor option (okay, so I am relatively new to Daz, but having a very large set where items pop into the scene on the other side is damn annoying, moving from one side to another to pick up an item can be slow going.- if anyone knows a way to get items to drop beside the area you're working on, much love and respect will be shown and showered upon you!).

Thanks to any artists working on such items, looking forward to 2014 and what is to come.

• Collective3dCollective3d Posts: 446
    edited December 1969

4 - More architectural models built around real life themes. There are plenty of apartments and houses out there, and a reasonable assortment of schoolrooms and offices. However, the DAZ/Poserverse really needs some kind of large shopping area and the few "mall" models that are out there are creaking with age. Likewise, the only Gas Stations I'm aware of are so old they don't even have working doors.

Your wish is my command. I have a slew of stuff like this coming, starting hopefully in the next month or so. Already have some things in the pipeline.

• K T OngK T Ong Posts: 483
    edited December 1969

It would be nice if there could be some sort of plugin that would enable me to place an aura of fire around anything I like in my scenes, but especially human(oid) figures. Let the figures themselves not be obscured by the fire, which would be visible only outside the 'edges'. (An example of what I have in mind can be seen below.)

It would also be nice if the Reality plugin could come with an even greater variety of material presets, such as shiny plastic. Like what Age of Armor created for DS4.6.

Vajrapani_owns_you.png
    512 x 512 - 680K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Drop At Cursor option (okay, so I am relatively new to Daz, but having a very large set where items pop into the scene on the other side is damn annoying, moving from one side to another to pick up an item can be slow going.- if anyone knows a way to get items to drop beside the area you're working on, much love and respect will be shown and showered upon you!).

Thanks to any artists working on such items, looking forward to 2014 and what is to come.

Hold your Alt key down, now left click on your item in the content pane, hold the left click and DRAG the item to your viewport. You get a RED Yellow target that loads the item to the WORLD plane. It will not load items on top of other items.
  • LintonLinton Posts: 541
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

Hold your Alt key down, now left click on your item in the content pane, hold the left click and DRAG the item to your viewport. You get a RED Yellow target that loads the item to the WORLD plane. It will not load items on top of other items.

Awesome, I will give that a try now. Thanks for your response.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    A true Unisex figure named Genesis 3
    Seeing how they dumped Genesis1 in a hurry I doubt they will ever go that route again;.
    Really? Ya think?
    http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/bio-squad-dragonfly
    http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/monster-classics-the-beastman
    Seems to me that some PA's are returning to Genesis 1 and playing up the reasons it's still a very useful figure. Hope to see much more of that myself this year. To me all the current figures have a use and G1 is to me the most versatile of them all.

I'd like to second that. G1 ROCKS. I mean, where else can you find a character that morphs between Gorillas and terminators? I'm a big proponent of getting rid of older items in the catalog but for me it has more to do with what can be used with Genesis 1 or 2.

Terminatormonkeys.jpg
    1192 x 851 - 764K
  • Coon RaCoon Ra Posts: 200
    edited December 1969

Damn, it is all about 3d content. I thought I might wish Wallstreet ruined and the financial organisations faced down to stop destroying world economics but it's all about 3d content.

• shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,186
    edited December 1969

I would like to see an improved DSON program for Poser so that Poser users can use the new Characters (G1 G2M/F) and their morphs (V5/M5 and V6/M6 and all theri brothers and sisters)

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited December 1969

I'd like to second that. G1 ROCKS. I mean, where else can you find a character that morphs between Gorillas and terminators?

If someone out there's making a Terminator morph for G1, I'd really like to know! :D

In all seriousness, though, I think that G1 is where much of the creature/cybernetic-related morphing content is going to stay, precisely because it's unisex. Outside, that is, of HD-specific stuff - which is what finally convinced me to start using the G2 items. I honestly see a lot of the future exotic stuff staying with G1, however.

In truth, I'm glad of this, because that means I can continue mixing the newer content with the old and creating all kinds of unique creations for art.

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,683
    edited December 1969

A new housecat would be awesome.

edited December 1969

I'd like to second that. G1 ROCKS. I mean, where else can you find a character that morphs between Gorillas and terminators?

If someone out there's making a Terminator morph for G1, I'd really like to know! :D

Well, I don't know what your expecting but Felicia does come with cybernetic eye(s), dirt and various wounds revealing robotic insides. She was made for V4.2 originally but those still translate well to Genesis. Unfortunately, you'll have to look at a competitors sight to find her.

Personally, I love collecting various characters and updating them... I've converted her to HD for my own library. :)

“To choose doubt as a philosophy of life is akin to choosing immobility as a means of transportation.”
    ― Yann Martel, Life of Pi

term3a.jpg
    1192 x 851 - 622K
    edited December 1969

I'd also like to see new character packs which make use of new things. I bought the FW Koichi set as it said it came with SSS mats, it did, but, it used UberSurface and not the AoA shader, I got it looking as good as I could with what was there, but, it would have been nice to have had a new character which made the best of everything new.

CHEERS!

• rbel_295e7c1d4crbel_295e7c1d4c Posts: 99
    edited December 1969

Just 2 things - GenX update and a more stable version of Hexagon. Maybe they are just a bit predictable and boring as requests go but they would both be so useful.

edited December 2013

I believe the Gen X update is on the way.

I thought of another thing, no more hiding great artists under the Daz3D banner, the artists deserve credit so we can thank them when they do great work. For instance, I really liked the Bjorn texture, but I don't know who made it and I think they should stand up, be recognised and do more great work.

CHEERS!

EDIT:

Ooh, ooh, ooh, thought of another biggie:

BRYCE 8!!

We need a 64bit version that fully bridges with DS4.6. Now that I'd REALLY like to see!!

Post edited by Rogerbee on
  • HeraHera Posts: 1,952
    edited December 1969

Coon Ra said:
    I might wish Wallstreet ruined and the financial organisations faced down to stop destroying world economics.
    Stonemanson has those :-)
  • HeraHera Posts: 1,952
    edited December 1969

And yes - another thing, hairs for balding men, like the widow peak, the mad professor hairdo, the thinning temples et cetera.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

My list:

1) Hexagon gets some TLC and 64 bit treatment
    2) DAZ Studio 5 hits and we finally have our own dynamic tools to clothify obj's!
    3) GoZ to be updated to allow for texture creation. So export your figure, paint on it, GoZ back to DS and save out maps via the Surfaces tab and make Material settings.
    4) FINALLY see the release of LAMH update... sheesh boi's it's been what a year now?
    5) Get the Smart Content meta data easier to create and have DS save it out with the rest of the DS created Meta data so in case one needs to reload DS it's all there. It would be nice to see this made so easy a 4 year old could deal with it. Another feature around this is if I wanted to consolidate my folders like say put all of a type of hair into a folder the meta data would be auto updated (as long as the MAIN parent folder to each product was left the same) to reflect the move changes.

6) Hire Casual... he's brilliant and would bring allot more functionality to DAZ Studio! :-)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,569
    edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:

Ooh, ooh, ooh, thought of another biggie:

BRYCE 8!!

We need a 64bit version that fully bridges with DS4.6. Now that I'd REALLY like to see!!

...agreed. It would be so powerful with 64 bit support and a few updates like improved plant/ecosystem generation. I once messed around with a trial version of landform sculpting software (don't remember the name) that worked with Bryce which made for some breathtakingly realistic scenery.
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,569
    edited December 2013

...hmmm, seems I've not been the only one pleading for an updated Hexagon here.

Bug fixes
    64 bit support
    Improved UV mapping.
    Improved tools.
    sculpting.

I'd gladly pay an upgrade price for a fully working "Hexagon 3" with the above features (paid 76$ on sale for 2.5 five years ago) rather than continue beating my head against the brick wall that is Blender's cryptic UI.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

I would like to see the end of conforming hair. Hair doesn't conform to a person, it conforms to gravity, inertia and the forces of nature. Hair should all be parented 'wigs' with their own bone hierarchy for posing.