"Ocean Delight"-shore module- water FX project

Comments

• 3CPO3CPO Posts: 156
    edited July 2019

I am pleased to announce the project is ready to be submitted for evaluation. Currently working on some relevant final renders using the final version of it.

My plan is to get it submitted this monday. For now I can share with you three raw unedited renders that I already did, showcasing mostly the beach part. Need to do some underwater ones as well to highlight the caustics and lightbeams. Hopefully they like what they see and the project will go through the normal process of evaluation and approval without any issues.

example 1.jpg
    1000 x 563 - 650K
    example 2.jpg
    1000 x 563 - 563K
    example 3.jpg
    1000 x 563 - 481K
    Post edited by 3CPO on
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634

good luck but I feel you won't need luck. smiley

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,604

Wicked! tell DAZ we want it on tueday please!

Wicked! tell DAZ we want it on tueday please!

or Tuesday even. Sorry couldn't resist. 

• Lothar WeberLothar Weber Posts: 1,611

Monday is also ok...  i can(t) wait ;-)

• GreymomGreymom Posts: 1,104

The shorelines are amazing!!  Woo hoo!

Here are the rest of the renders submitted for evaluation. So, from now on it will be a waiting game. Fingers crossed!wink

example 2.jpg
    1000 x 563 - 922K
    example 5.jpg
    1000 x 563 - 538K
    example 6.jpg
    1000 x 563 - 641K
    example 7.jpg
    1000 x 563 - 518K
    example 8.jpg
    1000 x 563 - 639K

CROSSED ... X wink

• benniewoodellbenniewoodell Posts: 1,906
    Wow, this looks fantastic! Looking forward to picking it up when it's available.
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,617

...patiently waiting, bank card in hand.

Hello everyone,

As much as I hated to burst your bubble and mine too, I just thought it would be fair to inform you that my product has to wait until it will be eventually admitted to this store. Not because it is considered a bad one. Quite the opposite. It seems I have to prove myself further...So for now, don't hold your breath and put your bank cards down. But definitely keep an eye out! I am not done creating.

Thank you again for all your support,encouragement and patience during all this time and forgive me if I failed your expectations. Hope you understand...

• So, wait... What? Are you free to go into any more detail on that?

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,617
    edited August 2019

...Leela is pouting now because she was hoping to take a swim in that lovely clear water off the Croatian beaches. wink

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,355
    3CPO said:

Hello everyone,

As much as I hated to burst your bubble and mine too, I just thought it would be fair to inform you that my product has to wait until it will be eventually admitted to this store. Not because it is considered a bad one. Quite the opposite. It seems I have to prove myself further...So for now, don't hold your breath and put your bank cards down. But definitely keep an eye out! I am not done creating.

Thank you again for all your support,encouragement and patience during all this time and forgive me if I failed your expectations. Hope you understand...

You didn't fail my expectations -- DAZ did. no It is a great product and I don't understand why they are hesitant to sell it. If DAZ doesn't want it maybe try another marketplace ??

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,318

All we need is a DAZ phone number, a DAZ name, or a DAZ email address to send our comments to so that they may understand how many people want this and how badly. (They probably don't see this thread, so have no idea!)

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,735
    edited August 2019

With some of the crap that shows up in the store, I would think there would be no more hurdles for you. Or did they buy you out because they wanted it for Daz Originals? That seems to be a growing trend. Of course, you cannot say.

Thanks for the update, 3CPO. I know there's another great idea waiting for you to unravel its mysteries.

Post edited by xyer0 on
  • TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,676

Everytime I see this thread pop up, I click to see if it's been released yet. That's dissappointing to hear

3CPO said:

Hello everyone,

Totally understandable you're on your way to being a proper PA

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

On the bright side, you probably learned enough during this project to make future ones easier.

And you know we will still be here for you, supporting you. 

Be encouraged!

Guys, thank you so much for your supportive comments. But I think at least some of you got this wrong. It has nothing to do with the product itself which was considered "impressive" actually.

The roadblock is that I am required to prove I can do more than just one product. The essence in a nutshell. And indeed, I learned a lot in the process...

But one needs to start with one... not 10 or 50. IMHO... 

• Not sure if it would be up your alley at all, but I've also been wanting a godrays product that's different than what's already available in the store, and maybe your underwater dabblings would help with that?

There's the Epic Godrays product, which I love, but has problems with intersecting with the subjects, since it's a prop. More recent offerings use an environmental cube, which gets decent results, except they really up the render time and noise. So an environment that's easy to render with light rays would be very welcome on my end.

But ARGH! I was really hoping that your product would be available soon...

I guess you can imagine I wanted it out as soon as possible, even more than you did But it looks like certain requirements prevented that.That is why I said you should keep an eye out...

Guess we do... ;-). Good luck. 

I understand the concern, BUT, there are other stores, just saying

• genarisgenaris Posts: 313

So did this wonderful product-in-the-making ever get released at another store (& if so, where?! and what is it named there etc...)  or will Daz ever be letting it sell here?   [fingers crossed for luck]
      ~Gen

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,145

Really hoping this shows up somewhere because it just looks fabulous and I want it. LOL

Laurie

AllenArt said:

Really hoping this shows up somewhere because it just looks fabulous and I want it. LOL

Laurie

+1

AllenArt said:

Laurie

+2