"Ocean Delight"-shore module- water FX project

Comments

• Lothar WeberLothar Weber Posts: 1,611

+3

• GreymomGreymom Posts: 1,104

+4 !

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited January 2020

...still want this badly. This is by far the best large environment water water product I've seen as it looks so much more real than the others.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • 3CPO3CPO Posts: 156

Thank you kindly for your continuing interest guys.

Besides the aforementioned Daz requirements which prevented my product to be released here earlier, my work was further delayed by real life issues, as I had to relocate in another city and was confronted with family matters related to some health matters that required urgent attention. Plus there was the Cristmas and end of the year holidays that added to the overall distractions...

Now that things seemed to have settled, I am again able to concentrate on product creation. As far as my ocean shore module is concerned, during my intermittent work on it I managed to inprove the realism even further. Also added a custom underwater camera to better assist in the rendition of red and orange objects which, as in reality, inherit a greenish or bluish cast due to the sea water light absorbtion. Similar to real underwater cameras, this virtual one is fitted with tinted lights to compensate and in-render color-correct objects colored in the red spectrum, including the human skin.

I am currently working on updating the presets and doing some promotional renders so that the product is finally prepped for release. As to the when and where, you will be the first to know in due time . It's a promise!

Thank you sooo much for the update. Hope you get all cleared up. Take your time. We're waiting here for you... or anywhere else... ;-)

• Hang in there 3CPO, we're all rooting for you!

..good you were able to get things sorted out and thank you for keeping us informed.

Hey everyone !

Just wanted to let you know, whoever may still be interested, that my "Ocean Delight" project is not dead, on the contrary, it suffered a great deal of transformations and refinements and in my opinion now is looking better than ever... It is finally completely finished, the only things left to do is an instructional PDF, a final check and packing. Will let you know when and where to find it in due time.

In the meantime, you can have a look at a few renders I made showcasing the final iteration. Thank you for your interest and support!

1.panoramic beach view.jpg
    3200 x 1360 - 5M
    1a lonely beach.jpg
    3200 x 1360 - 3M
    1b Beach view.jpg
    3200 x 1360 - 3M
    2c.coarse sand detail .jpg
    3200 x 1360 - 4M
    3b.sand detail.jpg
    3200 x 1360 - 7M
    4.sea foam detail.jpg
    3200 x 1360 - 3M
    5.Coastal shallows detail.jpg
    3200 x 1360 - 4M
    6a.Shallow water caustics .jpg
    3200 x 1360 - 4M
    6b.Shallow water caustics .jpg
    3200 x 1360 - 3M
    6c.Shallow water .jpg
    3200 x 1360 - 3M
    7.Surface caustics.jpg
    3200 x 1360 - 3M
    7b.Surface caustics .jpg
    3200 x 1360 - 4M
    8b.Water surface shimmer .jpg
    3200 x 1360 - 2M
    8d.Water surface shimmer .jpg
    3200 x 1360 - 3M
    9.Sandy bottom caustics .jpg
    3200 x 1360 - 4M
    10.sunrays.jpg
    1600 x 680 - 963K
    10a.sunrays.jpg
    1600 x 680 - 1M
    10b.sunrays and caustics.jpg
    3200 x 1360 - 2M
    11.sunrays.jpg
    3200 x 1362 - 2M
    12.Top down ray convergence.jpg
    3200 x 1362 - 2M
    12b.about to breach.jpg
    3200 x 1362 - 1M
    12c.water clarity comparison.jpg
    1200 x 1530 - 1022K
    13.Reflective caustics.jpg
    3200 x 1362 - 3M
    13.refracted caustics.jpg
    3200 x 1360 - 2M
    14.underwater exploration.jpg
    3200 x 1360 - 2M
    15.Enjoy kelp .jpg
    3200 x 1360 - 2M
    16.murky waters.jpg
    3200 x 1360 - 1M
    17.sunset.jpg
    3200 x 1362 - 3M
    edited June 2021

Oh thank you that it's not dead!!! Just yesterday I thought about your product! Really. This will be an instant buy for me... go on, show us more and tell us when it will be available, pleeeeeeeeease!

Post edited by Lothar Weber on
  • algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,562

I've wondered about this once in a while, and am happy to hear it's still coming! Thanks for the update.

- Greg

• benniewoodellbenniewoodell Posts: 1,883

Wow this looks amazing! I'm in whenever and wherever it's available!

• Yes!  So glad you didn't give up on this.

• 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225

When I saw the first post I said "Hell yeah!" then noticed it was 2019 surprise

After seeing the latest posts, here's my response:

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

I still want an ocean / seas product. I'd like a Interactive licence to be available and it exportable to UE4/Unity/Blender although I realize materials will have to be manually adjusted.

• GreymomGreymom Posts: 1,104

Still very interested in buying this product - thanks for the update!!!

• CupcakeCupcake Posts: 42

Oh I was hoping to hear what has been happening with this current project! Thanks for the great update. Cannot wait until its out so I can purchase!!laugh

• shadem980shadem980 Posts: 48

Hi 3CPO, I honestly read from start to finish through this thread and it was rather incredible to see the excellent start, but also how much further you took this incoming project beyond the initial positive response. It will be great to see it when it comes out and any other further plans you have after.

• rrwardrrward Posts: 555

Those last renders look amazing. 

..defintiely on the veirual whishlist, wherever it may end up.  This is has become absolutely awsome. 

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,518

LIAR, you are just posting images from your Bahamas trip. LOL

looking forward to the product!

• cherpenbeckcherpenbeck Posts: 1,409

When does it appear in the store? WHEN? Want it ASAP!

Thank you kindly guys, you are such a great and supporting group, really glad you didn't loose interest. You will soon be enjoying it yourselves. Can't give you an exact date for now, but I will venture to estimate July will be a good guess. So, pretty soon...wink

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,873

Those renders look fantastic 3CPO!

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 4,979

I have been keeping an eye out for this thread for ages. Good news, looks like it'll be fantastic.

Regards,

Richard

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,780

looking forward to this coming around and then hoping it's not asking tooooo much of the system

• PitmaticPitmatic Posts: 762
    edited July 2021

Looks amazing even I will let the moths out of my wallet for this :)

oh and +1 this

Post edited by Pitmatic on
  • ChumlyChumly Posts: 793
    edited July 2021

I just discovered this thread... and WOW!   

Very impressive. Looks great, and an insta buy for me as well.

Earlier in the thread, you had said that Daz wanted you to prove that you were more than a one trick pony... has that changed or do you have other projects on the back burner?

If you need another Idea, and I am sure you don't, "Ocean Delight" has a calm or at least gentle sea... could you work up a "companion" product, using the same technicque called... something like...I dunno, 

"A Perfect Storm"?

An asset with big waves, rough seas, darker, murkier background....
    "Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale, A tale of a fateful trip..." kinda thing

Post edited by Chumly on
    edited July 2021

Chumly said:

I just discovered this thread... and WOW!   

Very impressive. Looks great, and an insta buy for me as well.

Earlier in the thread, you had said that Daz wanted you to prove that you were more than a one trick pony... has that changed or do you have other projects on the back burner?

If you need another Idea, and I am sure you don't, "Ocean Delight" has a calm or at least gentle sea... could you work up a "companion" product, using the same technicque called... something like...I dunno, 

"A Perfect Storm"?

An asset with big waves, rough seas, darker, murkier background....
    "Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale, A tale of a fateful trip..." kinda thing

Thank you  Chumly. As you may have read already, "Ocean Delight" is conceived to be modular, to be used as per a user-case scenario. This particular one is called "shore module" and is designed to be used in conjunction with the provided beach and seafloor. I do have in the works a "deep sea module", which is designed a bit differently with much larger tiles and with different larger type of waves which can simulate various types of stormy seas. As for proving myself, that remains to be seen if it is still the case... Will keep everyone posted.

Post edited by 3CPO on

nonesuch00 said:

I still want an ocean / seas product. I'd like a Interactive licence to be available and it exportable to UE4/Unity/Blender although I realize materials will have to be manually adjusted.

Technically, this product will be exportable like any other geometry. However, converting the materials will not be enough as the ability to show lightrays and underwater caustics is strictly connected with Iray render and shading system combined with a particular setting that makes it all possible. If you want to use UE4, Unity or Blender, you may want to explore proprietary products specifically designed for those respective softwares. To clarify, "Ocean Delight" is an Iray only product.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

3CPO said:

nonesuch00 said:

Technically, this product will be exportable like any other geometry. However, converting the materials will not be enough as the ability to show lightrays and underwater caustics is strictly connected with Iray render and shading system combined with a particular setting that makes it all possible. If you want to use UE4, Unity or Blender, you may want to explore proprietary products specifically designed for those respective softwares. To clarify, "Ocean Delight" is an Iray only product.

Thanks. What I need to do is read up on Eevee and the real time renderers of UE4/Unity. Depending on what's in the final geometry it's that I want, the other engines can do an acceptable job simulating similar lighting effects, although they'd be much simplified, being real time game engine renders.