I Forgot What My Complaint Was - Complaint Thread

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,678

Blackberry and apple crumble - mmmmmmmm.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,280
    edited May 2019

My mother was picking wild blackberries on some remote property that we owned and heard a rustling around the other side of the bush then realized it was a bear munching berries.  She yielded the bush to the bear and backed away.

Also, ... A Møøse once bit my sister... No realli! She was Karving her initials on the møøse with the sharpened end of an interspace tøøthbrush given her by Svenge

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • Subtropic PixelSubtropic Pixel Posts: 2,378

My mother was picking wild blackberries on some remote property that we owned and heard a rustling around the other side of the bush then realized it was a bear munching berries.  She yielded the bush to the bear and backed away.

Smart lady.  We still have bears in Florida.  If you're not prepared (read between the lines here), then it's best to back away.  But you should be prepared.

Also, ... A Møøse once bit my sister... No realli! She was Karving her initials on the møøse with the sharpened end of an interspace tøøthbrush given her by Svenge

I have no idea what all that means.  sad

edited May 2019

Smart lady.  We still have bears in Florida.  If you're not prepared (read between the lines here), then it's best to back away.  But you should be prepared.

I have no idea what all that means.  sad

It's a Pythonism. Introductory credits to "Monty Python and the Holy Grail". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djKPvXDwXcs   Read carefully, it's enough to confuse a cat*.

*Confuse-A-Cat:  Another Pythonism: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2ovimx

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

the fear was too powerful.  ditched the blackberries for jolly rancher popsickles, the colours!

ooo ooo mmm mmm  gonna try ordering from this place

http://www.luckyspicegrill.com/order-online.php#collapseOne

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,114
    Mystarra said:

the fear was too powerful.  ditched the blackberries for jolly rancher popsickles, the colours!

You were concerned about the sugar in blackberries, so you got Jolly Rancher popsicles?  That's a fail!  Probably more sugar in half the popsicle than in a handfull of blackberries!

Dana

i stymied by google sheets

yoo know how in excel you can set a print area and it  saves

i can't see how to do it in googl sheets??

I see how to print selected cells, but not how to save it so i don't have to do it every time.

would rather use excel, but this print barcode thingee is only working in google sheets.

=image("http://www.barcodesinc.com/generator/image.php?code="; & G8 & "&style=196&type=C128B&width=284&height=50&xres=1&font=1)")

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,667

the heat index is 95 degrees F?  But, month is still May.  I expect 90 degree heat index in the beginning of June, not th end of May.  Heat wave in Mid Atlantic U.S.A. region.

DanaTA said:
    Mystarra said:

You were concerned about the sugar in blackberries, so you got Jolly Rancher popsicles?  That's a fail!  Probably more sugar in half the popsicle than in a handfull of blackberries!

Dana

concerned is a laxx.  learned the yucky way 92 percents cacao is a thinly disguised exlaxx

• AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,971
    Mystarra said:

I see how to print selected cells, but not how to save it so i don't have to do it every time.

would rather use excel, but this print barcode thingee is only working in google sheets.

=image("http://www.barcodesinc.com/generator/image.php?code="; & G8 & "&style=196&type=C128B&width=284&height=50&xres=1&font=1)")

Unfortunately I'm not aware of a way to do that in Google sheets. As far as I know it's a limitation of the software :(
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,114
    Mystarra said:

Why don't you go to barcodesinc.com and ask if it will work in Excel, and how to do it?

Dana

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,011
    Mystarra said:

ooo ooo mmm mmm  gonna try ordering from this place

http://www.luckyspicegrill.com/order-online.php#collapseOne

When I click on that all I see is “Chicken On Pit” and “Lamb On Pit”... I really want to see “Gorilla On A Unicycle”... that would be cute.

My cousin-in-law had a similar theme Indian/Mediterranean restaurant in Oyster Bay... it was a nice looking place, the food was good, but the location was horrible... on a residential side street a block and a half off the main commercial street... I forgot the name of the place, but I just found out they ended up closing last year (despite great reviews)... I thought for a moment this was perhaps another location... (it’s not)

The name of this place sounds familiar, so I texted my wife to see if we had been there... she said no we haven’t, but apparently we will try it out.

We have “Nani’s All Night Grill” next door... Homestyle Indian food available anytime... We had an addition added to our house when my wife’s parents came to live with us a couple of years ago... We tell people it was so they could be closer to us and the kids, but I know it was for her Mom’s cooking.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,044
    edited May 2019

Post edited by TJohn on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,831

Apparently I will never be done working on my room.   I worked on it a good part of a day and the house staff wants me to work on it some more.  I do not know what to do.

edited June 2019

Non-complaint:  Music to DAZ by.  I'm back to Rachmaninoff.  A quick 4 minutes of solo piano that beautifully encapsulates the mastery and majesty of  Rachmaninoff's music.  Orchestra?  He don't need no steenk'n orchestra!

Sergei Rachmaninoff: in opus #23, Prelude #5 in G-minor This is the best sounding recording of this piece that I could find on YouTube.  Wonderful videography, deeply enveloping full range sound, very clear, very well performed.  The growling, marching introduction, the tender lyrical middle, the escalating fury then fade away at the end .  A peek into the mind of Rachmaninoff. 

Here's yet another short piece by Rachmaninoff:  Dark, foreboding, yet somehow sacred in the diminishing solemnity at the end.  Or envision it as dreaming churchbells. In opus #2, Prelude #3 in C#minor https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-m-gO3IuWlo  It reminds me of Debussy's "Sunken Cathedral" (note: edited link to a better, more bell-like performance of it)

donde morning cup o jo, per favor, seelvooplay,

Mystarra said:

No se 

found a dd kcup

I think I left my Bluetooth keyboard and headphones at home. 

• WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,893

@Mystarra Blackberries are not a laxative. Maybe if you ate several pounds of them, over a short periode of time, your stomach would riot. A small basket of them, from the supermarket, should be perfectly safe.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,422

Complaint: Hard to sleep last night. There were hundreds of cops and noisy helicopters overhead in this otherwise usually quiet neighborhood. They were searching for an escapee from the local jail.

Non-Complaint: It was probably the safest neighborhood in the area with a cops everywhere.

Complaint: They haven't caught the guy yet.

edited May 2019
    Mystarra said:

Доброе утро. Кофе это хорошо.

Complaint: Hard to sleep last night. There were hundreds of cops and noisy helicopters overhead in this otherwise usually quiet neighborhood. They were searching for an escapee from the local jail.

Non-Complaint: It was probably the safest neighborhood in the area with a cops everywhere.

Complaint: They haven't caught the guy yet.

Have you checked your cellar or attic?

TigerAnne said:

@Mystarra Blackberries are not a laxative. Maybe if you ate several pounds of them, over a short periode of time, your stomach would riot. A small basket of them, from the supermarket, should be perfectly safe.

mebbe can overcome the fear tonight.  

blackberries not nearly as scary as giant ferris wheels.  like tip over into the thames and drown me.

is the Thames the river that goes under London Bridge?

apples the only fruit that grows in orchards?

oranges grow in groves.

Pumpkins in patches.

corn and potatoes grow in fields.

grapes in vineyards.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited May 2019
    Mystarra said:

is the Thames the river that goes under London Bridge?

apples the only fruit that grows in orchards?

oranges grow in groves.

Pumpkins in patches.

corn and potatoes grow in fields.

grapes in vineyards.

Apples. Pears, Plums, Cherries, Apricots, Peaches, Nuts, - all deciduous trees that produce fruit for food (I have probably missed some)  grow in orchards.

Middle English, from Old English ortgeard, from ort- (from Latin hortus garden) + geard   yard 

Yard    Middle English, from Old English geard enclosure,

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,678

And yes, the Thamse is the river that goes under London Bridge (though the river part is not all that imperssive, most of what you see in pictures is high-tide).

And yes, the Thamse is the river that goes under London Bridge (though the river part is not all that imperssive, most of what you see in pictures is high-tide).

So when the Dinasaur in the Thames it was high tide?

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,011

So when the Dinasaur in the Thames it was high tide?

Gorgo?

This discussion has been closed.