I Forgot What My Complaint Was - Complaint Thread

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    McGyver said:
    TigerAnne said:

How naughty would it be to recreate (loosely) a favourite DAZ environment for your own personal use in another medium? I wouldn't upload it for other people to use, but it would be in my screenshots, etc. I'm not talking about converting item meshes, just immitating a layout, like the shape of a couple of walls, and placement of a pool.

In another medium?... like 3D only, or could it be a physical model... like Akio 6 made out of silicon and assorted elastomers, or Stonemason’s Urban Sprawl made out of chocolate pudding?

Mmmmmm urban pudding....

Close enciunters he sculpted in mash potatoed

kids tiday would prolly be really bored at nin hirror scifi

its nit kill em all off til 1 left standing

• WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,893
    McGyver said:

In another medium?... like [...] Stonemason’s Urban Sprawl made out of chocolate pudding?

No pudding or chocolate, just pixels. sad

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,209

Is there anything wrong with saying "bum"?

It's politically incorrect.  They are now the "employment challenged indolent".

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,752

Not that kind of bum!  That kind sits on the bum I am talking about.

tee hee tee hee

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,029

Bums don't like you to sit on them. Give them a five dollar bill or a sandwich.

They look so innocent

763B3EEA-C622-4C55-AD62-7F5708D6F685.jpeg
    4032 x 3024 - 3M
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

It is much better if you use a word which isn't going to get you warned about your language.    A joke is a joke,   but it can be taken too far,  or used too often. 

Do you know people tend to be much more impressed if you use mre technical terms,  even something as simple as buttocks is better (can be shortened to butt), or Posterior is another possibility  or maybe   gluteus maximus, gluteus medius, etc,  (can be shortened to glutes)

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,029
    Chohole said:

It is much better if you use a word which isn't going to get you warned about your language.    A joke is a joke,   but it can be taken too far,  or used too often. 

Do you know people tend to be much more impressed if you use mre technical terms,  even something as simple as buttocks is better (can be shortened to butt), or Posterior is another possibility  or maybe   gluteus maximus, gluteus medius, etc,  (can be shortened to glutes)

Bottom. Situpon.

edited May 2019
    Chohole said:

I think the "b-word", so elequently identified above, has more of an offensive meaning in the UK than here in the US.  Much like "bloody" does, evoking gasps from assembled ears on the east side of the Atlantic when used in the wrong context.  Neither word has any significantly shocking meaning in the US.indecision  But visitors from the UK should be careful when striking up a conversation with a stranger and asking "Would you like a fag?". devil

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
    Chohole said:

My bad as I did not know but I will try to stop saying bum as in rear end.  I use the term bum as in fish bottom and someone got offended.  I did not realize how offensive those two terms were so offensive.

Is describing the murder weapon which is covered in sanguine fluid next to the dead body a tricky one?

is having the backwards peace sign still bad?  Two fingers up with palm towards self? But if palm is away from self it is peace?

Chohole said:

I think the "b-word", so elequently identified above, has more of an offensive meaning in the UK than here in the US.  Much like "bloody" does, evoking gasps from assembled ears on the east side of the Atlantic when used in the wrong context.  Neither word has any significantly shocking meaning in the US.indecision  But visitors from the UK should be careful when striking up a conversation with a stranger and asking "Would you like a fag?". devil

Is that a cigarette?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

the UK should be careful when striking up a conversation with a stranger and asking "Would you like a fag?". devil

that reminded me of some years ago,  when I sort of twisted the story of Ulysses and Circe around a bit.

Ulysses and Circe (with tongue firmly in cheek)

Well it all started like this some of Ulysses's crew went off to explore. They came across a sweet little grotto with this vision of ravishing loveliness standing there.
    "Hallo Boys", she said, "fancy a nibble"
    Well what red-blooded hetero sailor could resist an offer like that.
    So she wined them and dined them, and then she swined them. Yes sir she turned them all into male chauvinist pigs, even if they hadn't had inklings that way before. All except one that is, who legged it back to Ulysses.
    "Hey boss", he panted, "you had better come quick, there's some tart over the other side of the island, she"s just magicked me mates. Turned them into pigs she has, and I think she has ideas of rendering them down into metaballs. Leastways she was muttering something about faggots when I backed off."
    So Ulysses took off at a run, and promptly bumped into one of the messengers. Now messengers can be useful people, especially when you have a document to go to the next building and it's raining, and they can sometimes even be persuaded to bring you a coffee and a sarnie on the way back (for the right bribe of course), but Ulysses was in a bit of a rush and didn't want to stop and talk. This messenger then yanked a flowering plant out of the ground and held it out to Ulysses. Ulysses was touched at the gesture, but explained he didn't have time to stop as he had a problem to sort out. The messenger said that the herb would protect him from the wiles of the goddess.
    "Ok, thanks" said Ulysses to save arguments, taking the herb flower and tucking it into his wrap continued on his way.
    Just round the bend he espied the grotto, and sure enough this dame invited him in. She was just about to smite him with her charms when he jumped back, brandishing his weapon. "Now hang on a minute darling", quoth he, "you are not having your wicked way with me, I am wearing protection."
    Suddenly from offstage right he heard a plaintiff "oink oink" and saw one of the sailors crawling towards him. "Have you come to rescue us" he asked.
    Ulysses took one disgusted look at him and said "You ham, you're overacting again."

BTW If you are not familiar with British culinary delights I should explain that faggots are meatballs made with ground pork.

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666

Is 40 degrees c cold or hot?

cold for a computer/Central processing unit and video card.

• Subtropic PixelSubtropic Pixel Posts: 2,378

The current conversation has got me confused.

Oh no, not offended; it takes a lot to offend me.

Just confused.  I think I'll just ignore my confusion and move forward. laugh

Complaint:  First real thunderstorm of the year.  I should have known.  Weather was so nice this morning.  Then when I got back from my usual Saturday micro-adventure uptown I was sweaty despite wearing my new summer gear.  I finally got cooled down in the house and then this storm zooms in over us.   I guess I should probably turn off the computer. frown

edited May 2019
    Chohole said:

Is that a cigarette?

I thought so.  But now after that story about Ulysses and Circe I'm not sure that it's not an overacting porcine thespian.indecision

different circe than game of thrones?

hooking up complicated hdmi scheme.  has suicide squad extended cut playing on 2 displays.  which seems silly right now my futons arent facing either display.

pondering movie snacks options, the 3 basic food groups, sugar, sodium, caffeine.

or blueberries.

Chohole said:

BTW If you are not familiar with British culinary delights I should explain that faggots are meatballs made with ground pork.

It does make sense that "bad" words originate as something else. You can't offend someone by calling them a name you just made up, there has to be some previous meaning to it. 

Oh, and back to the discussion of the virtual cats. Is there a LAMH-to-Iray catalyzer preset for the Milennium Cat? Or do I have to wait for Cat 8? crying

Noggins in sale. Is torturing  me ahhh. My wifi bill is due

Is unequivicalable buppy hugs are petter than people hugs. And when it comes to face licking. Yukky human germs

i have no trouble letting buppy eat off my fork. But people yuckk

edited May 2019

Yeah, I generally don't like it when random humans come up and lick my face, either. 

Post edited by WinterMoon on

The warms is here. Feeling a lil more energetic. Embraces the warm giidness

8C8C8AB1-EB67-45F0-A0F1-825AA6FF2D45.png
    640 x 1136 - 1M
    edited May 2019
    Mystarra said:

Is unequivicalable buppy hugs are petter than people hugs. And when it comes to face licking. Yukky human germs

Human licks may be germy but you are relatively sure that most people haven't recently licked unclean places that puppies are prone to do. (Unless you run in an "adventurous" crowd.surprise)

But I agree, humans are just germy, Period.  No human should ever touch another human, no way, no how, not ever.indecision  And in about 100 years, the problem of human germiness would be completely solved.devil

would certainly solve the social security bankruptcy dilemma

woes  my hands just dont have the squeeze strength for squeeze bottle mayo,

scared of the cheese grater cuz my hands trembly.
    i can learn to live without powder cheese. living without potato aux graten sadder

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,098
    TigerAnne said:

Yeah, I generally don't like it when random humans come up and lick my face, either. 

Ummm...this happens often?

Dana

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,098
    Mystarra said:

Human licks may be germy but you are relatively sure that most people haven't recently licked unclean places that puppies are prone to do. (Unless you run in an "adventurous" crowd.surprise)

But I agree, humans are just germy, Period.  No human should ever touch another human, no way, no how, not ever.indecision  And in about 100 years, the problem of human germiness would be completely solved.devil

The more society tries to evade and kill germs, the worse things get, and the tougher the germs get.  We've already spawned a few "super germs" that are oblivious to our attempts at protection.

Dana

@DanaTA It hasn't happened to me since I was a kid, but I was really grossed out at the time. crying Now maybe @Mystarra experiences it more often, since she clarified that she prefers when it's doggos doing it.

i stink at rolling rrrs

is embarrassing 

whether my name is misty lara or misty carrara is rrrs to roll

This discussion has been closed.