I Forgot What My Complaint Was - Complaint Thread

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    Mystarra said:

Whatever happened to roses that smell like roses?

You can still get them.   The problem is they are not so  "Pretty"  as the new varieties and in breeding the new varieties they have lost the perfume.     They have done the same with sweet peas as well,  bred them with bigger, brighter flowers in more colours,  but very much redused scent.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

Ty

I want to wake up and smell the roses. 

https://www.gardenclinic.com.au/how-to-grow-article/perfumed-roses

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,280
    edited May 2019

Non-complaint:  Tuesday mini-adventure is over.  Trash deposited, check.  No prescriptions to pick up.  Two krautdogs for lunch, check.  Picked up donuts(ooh, donuts) from best place in town, check.yes

Complaint:  Forgot to go to JC Penny's to shop for pants.frown

Complaint:  Took the road south from town to go check up on repairs to my favorite monitor.  After 4 weeks, she still was unable to get parts at a reasonable price, I said euthanize it and give it an honorable burial. sad

Complaint: The road south from town is in terrible condition, I thought my car was going to rattle apart.  Won't go that way again until it's resurfaced, (hopefully this summer).

Non-complaint:  The road west from town (toward the city) is in excellent condition from its resurfacing last fall.  EXCEPT, today they've blocked off about a quarter mile of one lane and are drilling big holes in it for some purpose.  Perhaps fixing subsurface draining channels?  So much for perfect driving surface from town to city.frown

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

losing my mind.

last week when i extracted a page from a pdf, the extracted page would auto open to show the new pdf

now it's not.  it just asks me for the root folder.

dummp what changed

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,114
    Mystarra said:

Hybridding happened!  Not just roses, a lot of flowers that used to smell sweet or pleasant.  Now they have no aroma, or a bad one.

Dana

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,667
    edited May 2019

online medical website will not allow me to login with the correct password!  I wonder if they invalidate passwords every two weeks or every month?  But I would have seen the notice about the website chaning passwords perodically.  ugg.  Now I ask the website to to reset my password.

edit: it looks like they did update their password policy without telling me.  I need to create a new password that has special characters.

Post edited by starionwolf on
    DanaTA said:
    Mystarra said:

Hybridding happened!  Not just roses, a lot of flowers that used to smell sweet or pleasant.  Now they have no aroma, or a bad one.

Dana

Yeah there some bad smellies at stop n shop flower section. 

My storm door adventure. Home dep ssid i can pay a van service for delivery starting at 35 bux. Asked them why 36" diir is free delivery but same door in 30" i have to pay. Told them they gauging the old folks. Told me to blame the mfg

complainnnt - converting pdf to excel, inserting random paragraph breaks.  whiskey tango hotel

nooooo

thought i was almost done.  

Mystarra said:

complainnnt - converting pdf to excel, inserting random paragraph breaks.  whiskey tango hotel

nooooo

Why must you convert it?  Everything isn't a spreadsheet, don't use a hammer on a screw!  PDF format is universally accessible, for free.

Dana

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,831

I have no Hulu.  I paid for Hulu via iTunes via an iTunes gift card.  I have no idea what my email for hulu is anymore and I do not know how to find that out.  I have no hulu

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,011
    DanaTA said:
    Mystarra said:

nooooo

...don't use a hammer on a screw!

But what about a pneumatic impact driver?... or the Ronco Screwammer 2000?

I created this Super-Multitool prototype a while ago... 

The hammer is a little big, but the tool felt too light as it was...

I want a sonic screwdriver!  Wait does it come with a manual?

McGyver said:
    DanaTA said:
    Mystarra said:

nooooo

Cool!  A Swiss Army Garage. yes

I want a sonic screwdriver!  Wait does it come with a manual?

Only at union rates.

edited May 2019

I got to reactivate Infinito. I wish it was easier to do.

edit: I found the link I need to activate it on the product page.  Why did I ever get this thing?

Post edited by Sfariah D on

The ronco good for slicing apples. Using a plastic knife not working out expedialy

McGyver said:
    DanaTA said:
    Mystarra said:

nooooo

Wow!  You should be able to break just about anything with that multi-tool!    laugh

Dana

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,335

On a whim, I went to the last page (out of 1137 pages) of the Commons to see what people were complaining about back then, in this case it ends up being in 2012.  It's funny how different things are now while being pretty much the same. I wonder if anyone remembers now what they were complaining about back then?  Is complaining merely a way to vent something and move past it after getting it out of our systems?

Three different buses were displaying the wrong sign today.  I almost took the wrong bus three times.  Ugg.

• AmaltheaAmalthea Posts: 224
    Gogger said:

On a whim, I went to the last page (out of 1137 pages) of the Commons to see what people were complaining about back then, in this case it ends up being in 2012.  It's funny how different things are now while being pretty much the same. I wonder if anyone remembers now what they were complaining about back then?  Is complaining merely a way to vent something and move past it after getting it out of our systems?

If you could access the old forums you'd be going back several years farther and things would still be the combination of same and different. ;)

The more things change, the more they stay the same!

Dana

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,011
    Gogger said:

Ugh... I remember that... The “new” forums were still new... most of it was complaints about the forums not working properly or the store being wonky...

I still miss a lot of the features of the old forums... like the dark theme or whatever it was called... not needing to post a thumbnail before inserting an image... lots of little things.

I know some people weren’t effected much by the new forum change, only maybe a few weeks, but for me (maybe because back then I was exclusively a Mac user) the problems made the site virtually unusable to me (I still won’t join PC club because of that), and those problems persisted for well over a year... (like logging me out every few minutes)...  I basically just gave up using the site or participating in any discussions for about a year or so when I noticed the site sorta stabilized.

complainnt

i only get 5 hours a month of paid leave time.  don't have any hours to cover me for yesterday's stay home day.

for some reason my body is craving bacon for breakfast. dunno where it coming from

yeesh  1st time glad i too vision poor to drive

Automakers track you down to your weight, collect up to 25 GBs per hour

Modern automobiles collect copious amounts of data ranging from driving habits to the weight of its occupants but this leaves the gray area of ownership and how the data is used. 

In addition, vehicles also track how much weight we gain, how many children we have and even financial information. The consulting firm McKinsey estimates modern vehicles collect as much as 25 gigabytes of data per hour with much of that data not involving performance and maintenance.

To make matters worse, drivers often sign away their rights to this information in the small print buried in ownership and lease agreements.

It’s unclear what auto manufacturers are doing with this personal information, but Ford’s chief executive, Jim Hackett, has already expressed plans to monetize car data. 

This raises privacy concerns as location data can allow companies to advertise based on where you live, work, and frequently travel to while voice-command technology could prove similarly useful. 

Even data collection on vehicle operations raises concerns as manufactures can decide which diagnostics information is made available to independent garages  verses what information is available to manufacturer affiliated garages which may charge more for repairs.

Drivers can’t inadvertently opt out of data collection by not paying as these systems often collect and send user information regardless. In some cases, the only way to completely disable this technology is by pulling the fuse or completely removing the unit as with GM’s OnStar.  

Until automakers relinquish control of customer data or policy makers step in, drivers are at the mercy of auto manufacturers concerning customer data collection.

=========== 

SC Magazine (May 20, 2019)

I get no paid leave.

I am trying hbo now to see if I can watch Game of Thrones.  Was True Blood HBO too?

not owning a car makes those spam calls over car warranty particularly annoying.

don't understand why spam calls aren't illegal.

https://www.space.com/growing-fresh-space-food-nasa-experiment.html

new NASA experiment called Veg-PONDS 02, which astronauts just ran on the International Space Station, offers a chance to attain that variety. While the experiment used a food already grown in space — romaine lettuce — future crops could include tomatoes or other plants, NASA officials said in a statement.

Not how i imagined it.  I imagined space farms as smaller death stars

but with more windows

I don't like the big train station in Washington, D.C.  Signage is poor.  I couldn't find the ticket counter to buy a train ticket nor the entrance to the subway station.  Apparently the renovations on fixed the outside of the building and the food court.  I couldn't find the other platforms for trains that go southbound.  Lighting in the waiting room is a bit dark too.  Fix the train section now!  No more shops and restaurants.  I'm going to take the train out of a smaller station next time if I can.

This discussion has been closed.