CAR AND BIKE LOVERS THREAD - MARK III

Comments

• John SimsJohn Sims Posts: 360
    edited December 1969

John Sims said:

.....The list of "to do's" on the Anglebox include:-.....

Nope, it ain't happening. I had a little play - for little play read remove 20 or 30 loops and it was still too dense to manipulate. All that had done was muck up the UV mapping and smoothing. I'm not even convinced it has smoothing aside the sheer density of polys.

It's way too dense even to reskin as you cant see where one loop starts and one loop ends.

Judging by the continuity of loops I am pretty sure the mesh is a result of a Turbosmooth or similar modifier having increased the iterations automatically. Its certainly a good way to stop people cutting and carving your mesh subsequently (I shall have to remember that if I ever get around to sharing any meshes. ;-) )

• none01ohonenone01ohone Posts: 862
    edited May 2014

Didn't realize the size of the Ford Anglia, it's 560,000 verts. John you could decimate it with Meshlab, but that's work.
    I modeled the Tachikoma using Blender, the one in my thread and that comes in at 260,000 verts but I've not cleaned it up yet, I just used it as a test case of what modeling skills I've picked up so far. I'm a long way off from contemplating a car model though.

Post edited by none01ohone on
  • music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited May 2014

All this talk of Anglias...I have had this one in my archives for quite some time. I think it was a sketchup model and I converted it. This was way back before I learned how to smooth...lol.

:-)

Anglia.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 98K
    Post edited by music2u4u on
    edited December 1969

And that has a much more convincing roof line - which is probably the bit you notice most. As well as smoothing you were also learning pivot points I see. :-)

Apparently smoothing is over rated, you just add more and more iterations until the mesh looks like a point cloud...or not.

• CherokeeCherokee Posts: 292
    edited May 2014
    1959_Ford_Anglia.jpg
    400 x 245 - 24K
    Post edited by Cherokee on
    edited December 1969

That certainly has a nice roof line but otherwise looks a bit like the bastard love child of an Anglia and a Trabant. :-)

edited May 2014

If I see some good car assets on any magazine discs, I'll buy the mag. This months 3DArtist car asset.
    A Porche 911 Carrera 2013 from CGtrader.

Rendered OBJ gave a good result with only the standard batch reduction of the 100% Ambient.

Porche911Carrea2013-3DelightOBJ.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 305K
    edited December 1969

If I see some good car assets on any magazine discs, I'll buy the mag. This months 3DArtist car asset.
    A Porche 911 Carrera 2013 from CGtrader.

Rendered OBJ gave a good result with only the standard batch reduction of the 100% Ambient.

Looks pretty good. I also never understood why they do the batch diffusion at 51 on some.

edited December 1969

Thx music, though I cant take much credit, as that's pretty much straight out of the box so to speak.

Even though I've got the Porche 911, the Anglia is more fun. He he.

I was going to set up the surfaces for a Luxrender render, but I liked the 3Delight results, and for around a 7mins render time I dropped the Luxrender idea. Couldn't help adding a pimped set of tinted windows. :lol: I don't know when the first tinted windows were used in vehicles, but what the hell.

Anglia-UKpolice-001.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 416K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Thx music, though I cant take much credit, as that's pretty much straight out of the box so to speak.

I was going to set up the surfaces for a Luxrender render, but I liked the 3Delight results, and for around a 7mins render time I dropped the Luxrender idea. Couldn't help adding a pimped set of tinted windows. :lol: I don't know when the first tinted windows were used in vehicles, but what the hell.

Needs a round blue flashing light on top of the police sign

edited December 1969

chohole said:

Needs a round blue flashing light on top of the police sign

I'll be back in 5.

edited May 2014

3 uv spheres and a cylinder later....
    Also corrected a rear window. :-P

Production of the Ford Anglia 105SE ran from 1959 - 1968. The blue flashing light was introduced in 1963.

Anglia-UKpolice-002.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 419K
    edited December 1969

Now that's a Panda Car :coolsmirk:

edited December 1969

Looking pretty cool there to say the least. I've not had a chance to even look at my new modding friendly version. ;-)

edited December 1969

Thx guys. I just overdosed on 100% reflectivity. ;-)

edited December 1969

Thx guys. I just overdosed on 100% reflectivity. ;-)

Yes I must admit I have never seen an Anglia that is that shiny.

edited December 1969

Here is a nice surprise that popped up on one of the GTA sites...1972 Ford Grand Torino. I'm planning on doing a stock version when it's completed but you know me and race cars, it'll probably end up being a race car as well. This is an awesome mesh so I'll post a wire frame next post

1972Tornio.jpg
    1209 x 877 - 97K
    edited December 1969

And here is the wire frame...

1972TornioWire.jpg
    1209 x 877 - 120K
    edited May 2014

Just thought I'd post this link as Spyro's wall prop is really handy for scaling.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/71852/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/MWall-Prop

It has Imperial on the front and Metric on the back.

ScaleWallSpyro.jpg
    1416 x 984 - 499K
    edited December 1969

Very nice prop. I just tend to produce a box to the right size and scale the thing to sit inside it.

You can produce a sized box in DAZ by starting with a 1M Cube and scaling it by what ever percentage in each direction (but then you all knew that any way). :-)

edited December 1969

Cherokee said:
    And here is the wire frame...

Yup, that looks frustratingly dense. You'll not be doing much with that then.

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 1969

I forgot that I bought the Viking motorbike. Really quick test render.

Cassie is tall. Wow. The scene is simple because I am using 32 bit windows.

cassie_bike_01.jpg
    878 x 576 - 183K
    edited December 1969

Nice.

Not had much time to do much recently but threw this together using a load of bits. I call it :-

Choices, choices, choices. It's really just a reflection of my life.............AS IF!

Choices_Choices_Choices.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    edited May 2014

I feel like were not far away from seeing a 'John Sims Garage', maybe that's the forecourt?

Nice render John.
    Nice to see your using the measuring wall starionwolf, it comes in handy for figures.
    The bike looks a bit of a monster Hehe. Nice.

edited December 1969

Nide render John...I just now noticed, there are cars in the render!...hehehe.

edited December 1969

music2u4u said:

Yes I know what you mean...That Hughes 500 does rather draw the eye doesn't it. And to think, it was almost an after thought. :-)

edited May 2014

John Sims said:
    music2u4u said:

Yes I know what you mean...That Hughes 500 does rather draw the eye doesn't it. And to think, it was almost an after thought. :-)

Yeah! Choices, choices.

edited December 1969

I'll take it.

The Elele Benzo freebie that is.

Elele-Benzo-Final-001.png
    1000 x 562 - 951K
    edited December 1969

Sweet ride...love that color.

• artd3Dartd3D Posts: 165
    edited May 2014

I couldn't pass up this split rear window vette on sale for Vue at Cornucopia3d for $1.00.

Just a quick render in Vue, so please ignore any poke thru in the dress.

The only problem with the model is that it is locked to my Vue license so I can't export it.

Just noticed the side mirror is way too low, I'll have to see if I can raise it.

Red_Corvette.jpg
    1617 x 909 - 137K
    Post edited by artd3D on
This discussion has been closed.