• MN-150374MN-150374 Posts: 923
    edited December 1969

My latest car render. Hope you like it.

Future Girl

FutureGirl.jpg
    1152 x 720 - 384K
  • none01ohonenone01ohone Posts: 862
    edited May 2014

Nice renders there Music, MN and John. John when you've finished converting the Prince to a Morgan Aero, save it as a Daz Morph preset!!!!! ;-P

Post edited by none01ohone on
  • SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,684
    edited December 1969

I really felt the need that a guy should even out the girls here ;)

carguy2.jpg
    2000 x 1384 - 3M
  • John SimsJohn Sims Posts: 360
    edited December 1969

Nice renders there Music, MN and John. John when you've finished converting the Prince to a Morgan Aero, save it as a Daz Morph preset!!!!! ;-P

LOL. I had thought about using the converted Jaaaaag wheels on the Morgan but that's as far as it got. Considering the original Morgan (Morris) is a commercial mesh I don't think it would be terribly ethical to redistribute it, even in modified form.

While fine to do what ever with a complete new mesh to rip off someone else's work, without their permission, is pretty low.

I hope the above renders are in the spirit of the originators work and their quality is only a reflection of the very high standard of the original meshes.

edited December 1969

Estroyer said:

Flippin' awesome.

edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    Both turned out real nice John. I have max 2009 and have tried rendering and I got this...lol. Just not well versed in it. I have used Daz Studio since build 1. I know the ropes with it. Perhaps if I had a few tips on rendering with max and vray I could produce one like yours, but I doubt it...lol. It took me forever to be able to view the model with materials applied and not just a wireframe! PM me with some tips if you have the time. I got tons of max cars. Don't know how to use a background either or lights. This is the only car render I have ever done with it. Sheeesh!

:-)

Well both 3DS Max and Mental Ray are spectacularly complicated - People have literally written books on the subject.

A quick improvement on your image:-

Press P to put it in perspective view.

Add a plane to act as the ground (backgrounds in MRay are devastatingly difficult - much easier in IRay with IRay manager)

Load MRsky - systems button opposite end to the plane/cube creation etc.
    MRsky will generate a physical cloudless sky - you can then set geographic location and time of day if you want. The light color and height of the sun will change accordingly so that you can reproduce Golden Hour etc.

• GLWoodardGLWoodard Posts: 3,335
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    AHHHHHHHH...love my Daz Studio...lol.

Yep, gotta redo mine again, moving stuff over to another computer can be such a hassle!

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited December 1969

MN-150374 said:
    My latest car render. Hope you like it.

Future Girl

Nice pair MN! Looks great.

edited December 1969

Estroyer said:

Super nice render. Love the postwork.

edited December 1969

John Sims said:

LOL. I had thought about using the converted Jaaaaag wheels on the Morgan but that's as far as it got. Considering the original Morgan (Morris) is a commercial mesh I don't think it would be terribly ethical to redistribute it, even in modified form.

While fine to do what ever with a complete new mesh to rip off someone else's work, without their permission, is pretty low.

I hope the above renders are in the spirit of the originators work and their quality is only a reflection of the very high standard of the original meshes.

I am with you John. Thanks for keeping it real.

edited December 1969

John Sims said:
    music2u4u said:
    Both turned out real nice John. I have max 2009 and have tried rendering and I got this...lol. Just not well versed in it. I have used Daz Studio since build 1. I know the ropes with it. Perhaps if I had a few tips on rendering with max and vray I could produce one like yours, but I doubt it...lol. It took me forever to be able to view the model with materials applied and not just a wireframe! PM me with some tips if you have the time. I got tons of max cars. Don't know how to use a background either or lights. This is the only car render I have ever done with it. Sheeesh!

Well both 3DS Max and Mental Ray are spectacularly complicated - People have literally written books on the subject.

A quick improvement on your image:-

Press P to put it in perspective view.

Add a plane to act as the ground (backgrounds in MRay are devastatingly difficult - much easier in IRay with IRay manager)

Load MRsky - systems button opposite end to the plane/cube creation etc.
    MRsky will generate a physical cloudless sky - you can then set geographic location and time of day if you want. The light color and height of the sun will change accordingly so that you can reproduce Golden Hour etc.

Say What?.....lol.

:ohh:

edited May 2014

music2u4u said:
    John Sims said:

I am with you John. Thanks for keeping it real.

It was just a mere jest as I know John is working in Max!!
    Sorry if I caused any offense. I guess sometimes a joke seems better before you commit it to type.

Nice render Estroyer.

Post edited by none01ohone on
    edited December 1969

No worries at all None' I had taken it as a joke and then thought it was an ideal oppotunity to climb on one of my soap boxes.

I have pondered the potential of converting some of my own meshes to DAZ assets.I do move meshes in to DAZ to pose figures against, prior to exporting the posed figure into Max but haven't looked into making then entirely DAZ compatible.

• MN-150374MN-150374 Posts: 923
    edited May 2014

Thanks for the nice comments.

@Estroyer: Very good work! :)

Post edited by MN-150374 on
    edited December 1969

One owner from new, good condition, low millage, an excellent runner. Right, see if you can sell it!

Converted Anglia from a Natman Blend at Blendswap..

Anglia-001.png
    1020 x 573 - 552K
    edited December 1969

Sweet. I want it.

edited December 1969

One owner from new, good condition, low millage, an excellent runner. Right, see if you can sell it!

Owned by a little ole lady who only drove it to church on Sunday!

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,268
    edited December 1969

betsy662 said:

Owned by a little ole lady who only drove it to church on Sunday!

Of course it was

edited December 1969

Here ya go!

her_phantom_1.jpg
    1900 x 1068 - 381K
    her_phantom.jpg
    1900 x 1068 - 392K
    Danika_s_Triumph.jpg
    1900 x 1068 - 294K
    edited December 1969

John Sims said:
    No worries at all None' I had taken it as a joke and then thought it was an ideal oppotunity to climb on one of my soap boxes.

I have pondered the potential of converting some of my own meshes to DAZ assets.I do move meshes in to DAZ to pose figures against, prior to exporting the posed figure into Max but haven't looked into making then entirely DAZ compatible.

** Yanks soap box out from under John, then runs! **

:cheese:

edited May 2014

betsy662 said:
    Here ya go!

I got the Triumph too. Sketchup 2014. I haven't seen that 56 El Camino though.

I Did some more GTA converts this last weekend. Will post later.

Post edited by music2u4u on
    edited December 1969

@John. Thanks mate. Not really finished converting it but thought I'd put up a quickie. I was thinking of knocking up a 'Heartbeat-esque' scene.
    @ Betsy & Robert. It's always a little old lady! :lol: She's probably the the grandmother of the garage owner.
    Nice renders Betsy.
    @Music. Hope you've got that soapbox well hidden!!! :-)

edited December 1969

:-) Make it so. I Iogged in to Blendswap and downloaded the Anglia but, apparently, I can't convert Blender files[Sad Face] So that was that. I haven't given up though as AutoDesk is really inconstant in what programs will import what. Just because Max wont import a Blender file doesn't mean AutoCAD, Showcase or Mudbox wont.

No worries on the soap box BTW, I'll just print myself another one. :-)

edited December 1969

Well I found out something today I did not know. I have zmodeler 2.2.6 (build 993) that I do conversions of GTA SA and VC files in. Have been told by many that there is not a program that can convert GTA 4 files though. So, I am loading a SA file to work on and I accidently clicked the file type drop down button on the import window instead of the open button. A long menu of file types that this version of zmodeler opens showed. In the middle of all those file types, low and behold, was the .wft format. This is the GTA 4 format. So, I went to my archives and I have a folder of many GTA 4 zips I have downloaded and saved for the day I found a program to open them. This is that day.

The thing is this. If you have 10 .wft car files, out of those 10 maybe one or two will be unlocked and will import. The other 8 or 9 will give you a locked message and you can't open them. I have looked and looked and there are no programs that will unlock the files. So what you can do is go to some of the GTA car download sites and just download a bunch of cars and unzip them and try to load them. Some will load. But sometimes the good ones won't. I have gone to google and tried to find sites that offer unlocked GTA 4 cars and there are not many and the cars they offer are not good.

Anyway...I opened and converted about 7 cars today. There are a lot more damage files to delete in these files. I will open the .obj files later and play around with them.

edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    Well I found out something today I did not know. I have zmodeler 2.2.6 (build 993) that I do conversions of GTA SA and VC files in. Have been told by many that there is not a program that can convert GTA 4 files though. So, I am loading a SA file to work on and I accidently clicked the file type drop down button on the import window instead of the open button. A long menu of file types that this version of zmodeler opens showed. In the middle of all those file types, low and behold, was the .wft format. This is the GTA 4 format. So, I went to my archives and I have a folder of many GTA 4 zips I have downloaded and saved for the day I found a program to open them. This is that day.

The thing is this. If you have 10 .wft car files, out of those 10 maybe one or two will be unlocked and will import. The other 8 or 9 will give you a locked message and you can't open them. I have looked and looked and there are no programs that will unlock the files. So what you can do is go to some of the GTA car download sites and just download a bunch of cars and unzip them and try to load them. Some will load. But sometimes the good ones won't. I have gone to google and tried to find sites that offer unlocked GTA 4 cars and there are not many and the cars they offer are not good.

Anyway...I opened and converted about 7 cars today. There are a lot more damage files to delete in these files. I will open the .obj files later and play around with them.

Give it some time, and there will be a Blender plugin for it!

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,268
    edited December 1969
    edited December 1969

John Sims said:
    :-) Make it so. I Iogged in to Blendswap and downloaded the Anglia but, apparently, I can't convert Blender files[Sad Face] So that was that. I haven't given up though as AutoDesk is really inconstant in what programs will import what. Just because Max wont import a Blender file doesn't mean AutoCAD, Showcase or Mudbox wont.

No worries on the soap box BTW, I'll just print myself another one. :-)

Well after the generous assistance of a gentleman within our community ;-) I have an Anglia to play with (original mesh by Natman).

I haven't really had time to play, and am a naughty boy in even opening the file, but I couldn't resist it. A fair amount yet to do but as a first bash it looks very sweet indeed.

Anglebox_.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 805K
    edited December 1969

Looks good there John.

Here's one for everybody.

The Deluxe Gal for May!

deluxe_gal_may_2014.jpg
    1900 x 1068 - 335K
    edited December 1969

MMmmmmmm nice. :-)

The list of "to do's" on the Anglebox include:-

Address the roof line - the doors are too short. The windscreen is probably right but there is an upturn in the steel below the windscreen which should lift it enough to give a better height. The top of the roof is more curvy which will lift the doors.

The body fold is a bit odd and also needs the chrome embellisher. And the eyebrows don't quite work.

The down side is it is such a dense mesh that I will probably end up over skinning it before I can do any work as it is really too dense to manipulate as it stands.... and you then start thinking, is it worth it and would it be quicker to start from scratch? If I started from scratch I would also loose the usage restrictions which would be advantageous.

The mesh is also oddly constructed. Generally you would endeavour to keep a car body as one so that the panels flow into each other. If you want opening doors, and the like, you separate them almost last of all when you are 100% sure you wont change the mesh again. Natman has done some pretty strange things in so far as the glass is separate (which isn't necessarily an issue) but the rubber is connected to the glass not the body which seems illogical.

I haven't done a poly count but I am sure it has more than a Genesis 2 HD figure which also seems illogical - hence the difficulty in potentially manipulating it.

This discussion has been closed.