CAR AND BIKE LOVERS THREAD - MARK III

Comments

• John SimsJohn Sims Posts: 360
    edited December 1969

My latest free 3D asset find. I'm rather pleased with it as it happens.

Mini.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
  • music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited December 1969

I found this in my archives of tons of cars and trucks. Don't even know how I got it, but after looking at it, it seems like a real nice truck. Good detail, and with DZ's real paint shaders, it turned out real nice. Just thought I would share a few renders with you all.

:-)

VintageChevyTruck5.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 657K
    VintageChevyTruck4.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 200K
    VintageChevyTruck3.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 238K
    VintageChevyTruck2.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 325K
    VintageChevyTruck1.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 363K
  • GLWoodardGLWoodard Posts: 3,335
    edited December 1969

John Sims said:

A Mini Cooper, does the girl come with the car?

edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    I found this in my archives of tons of cars and trucks. Don't even know how I got it, but after looking at it, it seems like a real nice truck. Good detail, and with DZ's real paint shaders, it turned out real nice. Just thought I would share a few renders with you all.

It looks pretty decent alright, I guess its an almost copy of the 51 C3100 pickup, but looks like something that would be released for the PC, kind of a knockoff, not a real model of the real thing if you know what I mean!

Looks almost cartoonish, but the engine looks real nice!

edited December 1969

betsy662 said:
    John Sims said:

A Mini Cooper, does the girl come with the car?

Only in my dreams, And I'd not be bothered about the car. :-)

• usherstangusherstang Posts: 89
    edited December 1969

hey music. whats the link for that archive?

edited December 1969

And another conversion, this time its Prince - No not the Purple Pop Pixie but the Jaaaaaag by any other name . I must change the grille badge at some time.

Jaaag.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    edited December 1969

John Sims said:
    And another conversion, this time its Prince - No not the Purple Pop Pixie but the Jaaaaaag by any other name . I must change the grille badge at some time.

One of Petipet's better cars for sure, I especially like the Sports Car Morris, and the Grand Prix, some of his newer creations, while nice, don't reflect reality, but more or less the cartoon aspect, which is fine if that's what your after, I did get the Car Admiral, which is a pretty cool looking car in most respects, however, its more of a fantasy as well!

edited December 1969

betsy662 said:

One of Petipet's better cars for sure, I especially like the Sports Car Morris, and the Grand Prix ....

I agree. I have both Morris (should that be Morgan ;-) ) and Grand Prix (Read Bugatti) I thought Morris was a bit big compared to the real Morgan but proportionally very good.

The Jaaaagggg is an exceptional example of how you don't need a gazillion pollys to create a smooth car.

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 1969

Nice renders. I will say that I love the simple backgrounds. Too many times I have seen photos, drawings and renders where the background is so distracting that the main subject is not predominant in the image. Sometimes, having more objects in a scene isn't better.

edited December 1969

Well, I don't try to get too much into the background here with Little Miss Innocent!

little_miss_innocent.jpg
    1900 x 1068 - 448K
    edited December 1969

A bit more work on the Jaaaaag. I checked the dimensions and (as I mentioned on the Morgan -AKA Morris) it was a little over size to say the least. It's now scaled a bit more appropriately.

Jaaag2.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    edited December 1969

Nice renders. They look like a real photo with reflections and specular highlights. The skintones look good too compared to my renders. lol

edited December 1969

Nice renders. They look like a real photo with reflections and specular highlights. The skintones look good too compared to my renders. lol

If you you are talking about my humble offerings then I am greatful for your kind comments but a great deal of it is down to the software. While the assets originate in DAZ I export them to 3DS Max and render with IRay. The IRay materials are extremely frustrating to set up but once sorted can look very good.

edited December 1969

John Sims said:

If you you are talking about my humble offerings then I am greatful for your kind comments but a great deal of it is down to the software. While the assets originate in DAZ I export them to 3DS Max and render with IRay. The IRay materials are extremely frustrating to set up but once sorted can look very good.

I've learned to work within the confines of DAZ studio myself, probably why my renders don't come out as well surface wise for sure, and my little homegrown lighting presets, are something to be desired for sure!

edited December 1969

betsy662 said:
    John Sims said:

I've learned to work within the confines of DAZ studio myself, probably why my renders don't come out as well surface wise for sure, and my little homegrown lighting presets, are something to be desired for sure!

DAZ produces some pretty stunning renders - as your work demonstrates. AoA's lighting and Omni area lighting are particularly powerful and the material/shader controls are getting better and better. HDR enviroments are also on tap to provide effective reflections. Considering the base software is free and you only pay for the add ons that you can use it represents spectacular value and a very powerful tool.

The smoothing is great in DAZ and the way it handles figures (which is its reason for being) is second only to Poser.

I use 3DS Max most days for work so it makes sense for me to use that as my tool of choice. I'll admit that £5K of software should produce a render with something of an edge but I certainly couldn't justify that expenditure purely on how much better it is than DAZ ....it isn't £5K better.

edited May 2014

John, Your "Prince" looks like a "King" here. Very nice renders. What background did you use? Looks almost like A Dimension Theory HDRI setup. Kinda like the Yosimite.

Betsy, I just love the black 40 Ford. I notice you use it a lot. I can see why.

Usherstang, the archive is my own here on my pooter. Got way too many cars and trucks collected. Many years of them.

Starionwolf...welcome to the thread. We have many cool car and bike renders here. Post what you have. Thanks for being here.

Post edited by music2u4u on
    edited December 1969

Here's a little something I put together to use on facebook for someone who is having problems coloring the one and only N7 car they own, so I figure I would share one, or a few of my tricks.

4.jpg
    1617 x 917 - 402K
    3.jpg
    1617 x 917 - 397K
    2.jpg
    1617 x 917 - 333K
    1.jpg
    1617 x 917 - 288K
    edited December 1969

And as the late Paul Harvey used to say, and now, for the rest of the story!

7.jpg
    1617 x 917 - 312K
    6.jpg
    1617 x 917 - 357K
    5.jpg
    1617 x 917 - 377K
    edited December 1969

I want to post a screenshot too. I must be the only person using Windows XP 32 bit and a 15 inch monitor for 3D graphics.:lol:

I should create a scene with Car Ranger.

car_ranger.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 233K
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    John, Your "Prince" looks like a "King" here. Very nice renders. What background did you use? Looks almost like A Dimension Theory HDRI setup. Kinda like the Yosimite.....

Cheers Squire, you are a gentleman...

I haven't finished with it yet as, this afternoon my wife insisted I went to see the cars being assembled for this years Cannonball. In a addition to a Rolls Royce with black velvet paintwork and red chrome (I kid you not and it proves that money does not buy you taste) Monster Barabus V12 limos and other exotica there was a Jaaaag. just like Prince. Many photos later I shall see what I can come up with.

The background is an HDRi environment as IRay will work with it to create a lighting solution. I think it was shipped as part of my AutoDesk Design Suite package.

Ditto your comments on Starions arrival to the thread, I was starting to think it was just three or four of us playing in the corner.

edited December 1969

I should create a scene with Car Ranger.

Make it so without delay :-)

edited May 2014

Nice Tutorial Betsy! Also Starionwolf...lets see some renders up in here! Lookin' good all.

Here are a few of the 1959 Chevy Impala SS. HDRI setup on a background image with uberenviroment. One distant light for shadowing. Reflections set with the background image.

Diane takes time to get out of the city for some fresh air and to let her dog run.

59ChevyImpalaSS_2.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 223K
    59ChevyImpalaSS.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 210K
    Post edited by music2u4u on
    edited December 1969

Ahhhhhh! I am much liking the dog.

As discussed previously.

Flipin' bonnet (hood) louvres did my head in a bit and I am starting to think Prince is probably a Mk II rather than a Mk III - as the one on the left.

I could have spent longer on the paintwork, lights etc. but, you get to the stage where life is too short.

It does demonstrate that, as a base model, Prince doesn't suck though.

Jaaag.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    edited December 1969

Sue Harper's Garage uses only the best parts, these Automotive Supplies are available for free with any purchase this week, unless your a PC member, then they are this weeks freebie!

sue_harper_garage.jpg
    1900 x 1068 - 560K
    edited December 1969

Sue Harper's Own Words!

sue_says.jpg
    1900 x 1068 - 498K
  • Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,247
    edited December 1969

betsy662 said:
    Sue Harper's Own Words!

Don't know that I'd trust that tire Looks like a recap that's fixing to come apart
    edited December 1969

betsy662 said:
    Sue Harper's Own Words!

Don't know that I'd trust that tire Looks like a recap that's fixing to come apart

And with a tread pattern like that would probably only last to the end of the street before they were bald any way.

Nice renders though. Made me smile. :-)

edited December 1969

At least those tires have tread, think of all the cool gta cars that I have that don't, because I can't get into the material files for the gta models! Let alone the crappy wheels n tires that appear on many of the sketchup cars.

• none01ohonenone01ohone Posts: 862
    edited May 2014

That Mini pic reminded me that I had a Mini Cooper 2011 on one of my Mag Freebie discs. A Humster3D model obj, didn't have many mat zones though, I'll have increase them in Blender. It also had an FBX file with loads of mat zones, but for some reason it kicked out as a syntax error in Luxrender.
    Nice Jaaaag, I never thought about modding existing Daz content. :-)

MiniCooper2011-out.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 760K
    Post edited by none01ohone on
This discussion has been closed.