CAR AND BIKE LOVERS THREAD - MARK III

Comments

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited May 2014

betsy662 said:
    At least those tires have tread, think of all the cool gta cars that I have that don't, because I can't get into the material files for the gta models! Let alone the crappy wheels n tires that appear on many of the sketchup cars.

The textures are in a .txd format file that comes along with the car. There is a little stand alone program you can get for free that will convert the .txd file into .tga files that Daz will read just fine. If Blender won't read .tga files, then Gimp or Photoshop will open them and you can resave them as ,jpgs. I use this little program on each of my conversions. It is called txdworkshop. I am sure you can google it and find the site. If you need help getting it, just PM me and I will help you find it.

http://www.gtagaming.com/downloads/gta-san-andreas/tools/4272

:-)

Post edited by music2u4u on
  • GLWoodardGLWoodard Posts: 3,335
    edited December 1969

Thanks Mus, I did download it from your link, hopefully that will cure some issues I had been experiencing.

edited December 1969

Ah yes, much better!

40_2.jpg
    1900 x 1068 - 642K
    40_1.jpg
    1900 x 1068 - 374K
    40.jpg
    1900 x 1068 - 410K
  • starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 1969

i seem to have a rough time posing figures Turn camera, bend leg. Bend right hand, rotate camera again. Move each finger bone separately to grasp steering wheel. repeat.. lol

I'll upload the image as soon as I can.

Lana_jeep_1.jpg
    506 x 630 - 134K
  • John SimsJohn Sims Posts: 360
    edited December 1969

I am almost 100% certain there is Platinum Club file for posing figures in the Jeep which includes multiple male and female options - even if the female is Victoria 4 (Yawn how last decade :-) )

It may be Jeep Extra. Failing that the Genisis poses for Yamatchi (or what ever its called) can be a fair starting point.

edited December 1969

Looks good Betsy!

I think you are right about the poses John.

edited December 1969

To all my peeps here. Some of you may notice, some may not, that I have resigned as the head person in charge of the Daz Freebie Challenge in the freepository forum after 6 years of dedicated service. I have done this, but this does not mean that I am giving up my Car and Bike Lovers thread here. I will continue to be at the wheel here. I look forward to any who want to come and share what you have done with your cars and bikes, and any renders you may want to post (as long as they are within the Daz TOS.) I welcome all and plan to be here a long time in the future. Keep um' coming, and thanks to Betsy, John, Robert, and all else that come in here to share and help. You guys are the greatest.

edited May 2014

i seem to have a rough time posing figures Turn camera, bend leg. Bend right hand, rotate camera again. Move each finger bone separately to grasp steering wheel. repeat.. lol

Don't know if this will help Starionwolf, but in the poseing section of each hand, there is a Morph tab that will allow you to apply a "grasp" to the hand. This will bend all the fingers together with one dial. Also, if you are using V4,M4,A4, S4 or G4, there are many freebie hand poses designed to speed your posing up. And like John said, some cars will come with driver poses for V4 and M4. They can be used for other cars too. There are also some free poses that will pose just the legs, knees feet, arms, forarms, etc. You just gotta go find them. Of course, keeping the poly count low in a scene will help with the speed at which your posing and rotateing will go. Some hair files, clothing files use up a lot of memory and will cause your scene to hesitate when posing. So if you are going to do a huge amount of posing, you may want to choose a low poly hair, and clothing or don't load the hair and clothes until AFTER you do your posing, save the scene, then reopen it and select your character and load the hair and clothing. Then you can use the "fit to" option and it will snap to the character. Also, once you pose a character, you can then save the pose as a .pz2 pose file for future use. It will then pose your entire character in one click. Just be sure to uncheck the box for the characters location or it will snap the character to where the original pose took place in the original scene. Also uncheck the box for saving the character morphs, or your character will take on the morphs and shape of the original character when the pose was made. If you uncheck both of these, then save the pose, you can use it with any character and it will load in the center of the scene.

Hope this helps you out.

edited December 1969

I found the finger and hand dials in Daz Studio 4. Thanks for the tips.

daz_studio_5.jpg
    443 x 502 - 64K
  • usherstangusherstang Posts: 89
    edited December 1969

hey guys ths may be the last of the sketchup modes that u will see by me as i may be getting my own laptop this summer and will be able to get daz finally. this one is for Betsy and Mus.

1961_el_camino3.png
    900 x 615 - 48K
    1961_el_camino5.png
    900 x 615 - 166K
    1961_el_camino2.png
    900 x 615 - 65K
    1961_el_camino1.png
    900 x 615 - 31K
    1961_el_camino.png
    900 x 615 - 61K
    edited December 1969

If that is the DAZ WWII Jeep, then it comes with poses for M4 and V4, you can use those to get the Genesis/Genesis2 figures in the right position, moving the hands and fingers on the newer figures is much easier than it was on the Generation 4 figures, you just have to know how to use the parameters to do it all, then save it as a pose preset once you have everything set.

edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    Looks good Betsy!

I think you are right about the poses John.

Looks good on some cars, on others, the tire files are really horrible, and its just easier to change the tire!

edited December 1969

hey guys ths may be the last of the sketchup modes that u will see by me as i may be getting my own laptop this summer and will be able to get daz finally. this one is for Betsy and Mus.

Looks pretty good there Usherstang, and of course, its a phantom, since Chevrolet didn't make the El Camino for 3 years after the 1960 model, seems Ford really pulled a fast one on Chevy when they came out with the economical Falcon Ranchero.

edited December 1969

floating World War II Jeep. :red:

I'll fix the scene now so that I can upload it soon.

jeep_01.jpg
    640 x 394 - 94K
    edited December 1969

betsy662 said:

Looks pretty good there Usherstang, and of course, its a phantom, since Chevrolet didn't make the El Camino for 3 years after the 1960 model, seems Ford really pulled a fast one on Chevy when they came out with the economical Falcon Ranchero.

Ford had a Ranchero in 1952! here is an old photo of one. El Camino made it's first appearance in 1959.

59_el_camino.jpg
    960 x 441 - 80K
    Ron-wyman-1952-ford-ranchero.jpg
    443 x 206 - 77K
    edited December 1969

floating World War II Jeep. :red:

I'll fix the scene now so that I can upload it soon.

HA HA HA...CHITTY CHITTY BOOM BOOM! (there is a button at the right top of the Daz interface that says "move figure to floor". Highlight the jeep first, be sure you parent the girl to the jeep first so she will move with it.)

edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    betsy662 said:

Ford had a Ranchero in 1952! here is an old photo of one. El Camino made it's first appearance in 1959.[/quote)

Atually, the Ranchero made its debut in 1957, the pic you have there is an Australian Ute. Which stands for Utility.

edited December 1969

betsy662 said:
    music2u4u said:
    betsy662 said:

Ford had a Ranchero in 1952! here is an old photo of one. El Camino made it's first appearance in 1959.[/quote)

Atually, the Ranchero made its debut in 1957, the pic you have there is an Australian Ute. Which stands for Utility.

I would have answered it better before, but all I had was my cell phone to answer on at the time, and all that went through were the quotes, so here is my answer to that, Ford marketed their first Ranchero in 1957, they did not have any from the factory before 1957, what you have in that pic there is probably an Australian Ute, or a custom job, Ford also didn't stop making the Ranchero until 1977, when they ended production of the Torino.

The first El Camino hit the dealerships in 1959, and were built on the Impala chassis, just like the Ford's were originally built on the Fairlane chassis, Chevrolet did make the El Camino for 1960, however, Ford made changes to the Ranchero which totally came out of left field for Chevrolet, as the Chevy's were still being built on the full size Impala chassis, Ford's Ranchero for 1960 was built on the then new Falcon chassis, Ford went a different direction and emphasized economy, that killed many sales for Chevrolet's really nice car/pickup, so Chevrolet quit making the El Camino, until 3 years later for 1964, it was brought out on their new Chevelle chassis.

edited December 1969

yeah i know thats why i built it because it should have been built

edited December 1969

The lifespan of the Ford Ranchero was 1957-1979.

First and last.

1979FordRancheroAd-01.jpg
    467 x 600 - 45K
    Ranchero-57-1505-p02032.jpg
    800 x 269 - 71K
    edited May 2014

Perhaps the last of the Ranchero but not the last of the concept, or not for Crocodile Dundee

cars_cobra_vehicles_fpv_ford_falcon_ute_aussie_muscle_car_ford_australia_www.vehiclehi_.com_97_.jpg
    420 x 315 - 110K
    Post edited by John Sims on
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

John Sims said:
    Perhaps the last of the Ranchero but not the last of the concept, or not for Crocodile Dundee

cool

edited December 1969

Materials need adjusting in Daz Studio. I did add lights to the scene. See the shadows? Ok, I'm going to look at the surfaces tab now. Bye

Yamaki Cargo and Laura 3 on Streets.

cargo_truck_01.jpg
    640 x 394 - 83K
    edited December 1969

hey guys the 61 el camino has been uploaded to the 3d warehouse if anyone wants to render it.

edited December 1969

Materials need adjusting in Daz Studio. I did add lights to the scene. See the shadows? Ok, I'm going to look at the surfaces tab now. Bye

Yamaki Cargo and Laura 3 on Streets.

Great to have you on board Star' and a solid job in including the product links. I have both the Cargo and Streets and haven't done much with either; aside use the phone box and post box. I must get my finger out and sort it as the building frontages, particularly, are a very useful asset.

Nice little render but perhaps a bit lower and more front 3/4 could give it more of a perspective feel?

edited December 1969

Another one of The Jaaag. I have a better paint colour now and have beefed up the wheel width. I really aught to apply a bump map to the tyre walls but can't be bothered at the moment.

I have also transferred Morris (Morgan) and like the Jaaaaag it was a little large. That is now resolved but converting the shaders is proving to be more tedious than normal due to the separate doors and the like.

Still, it is a nice base so could make a good asset.

jaaag_studio.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 923K
  • none01ohonenone01ohone Posts: 862
    edited December 1969

It's already a good Daz asset John. %-P Nice bit of reworking there mate. Nice piccy. I guess if you bought a Max asset which was suitable for commercial purposes, it wouldn't be cheap..

edited December 1969

Yeh, it turned out pretty good :-)

Odd bits and bobs include rescaling, getting rid of the rack on the back, creating a cover to the back and reducing the height of the windscreen. The rest is down to iRay shaders.

morgan_2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 916K
    morgan.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    edited May 2014

Both turned out real nice John. I have max 2009 and have tried rendering and I got this...lol. Just not well versed in it. I have used Daz Studio since build 1. I know the ropes with it. Perhaps if I had a few tips on rendering with max and vray I could produce one like yours, but I doubt it...lol. It took me forever to be able to view the model with materials applied and not just a wireframe! PM me with some tips if you have the time. I got tons of max cars. Don't know how to use a background either or lights. This is the only car render I have ever done with it. Sheeesh!

Audi6.jpg
    1365 x 1024 - 61K
    edited May 2014

AHHHHHHHH...love my Daz Studio...lol.

1959ChevyApacheDaz2.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 212K
    1959ChevyApacheDaz1.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 228K