2018 Holiday Loyalty Rewards Sale

Comments

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    EJWorks said:

I can't see it stated anywhere, but I assume the loyalty discount is multi-use, all the way to Dec 31st?

I'm worried I'll use it, then find that it doesn't work anymore when something I really want hits the sale pages.

I used mine already, tested to see if it would work with another item from the Holiday page and when I checked my cart the price went from $18.88 to $13.something. I think it will keep working until the end of the Holiday sales. But it would be better if the message included an experation date. 

Well, the "hide and show details" link in the white box on the sale page says "on your purchases made until dec 31st", so that sounds like it can be used over and over, but DAZ's wording often defies logic.

ROFL… Yeah, that's one way to put it. devil

This will be the third year Daz has given us an ongoing holiday discount. (Year one it was good storewide!) Anyway, the discount will automatially be applied to all qualifying items for every cart until the end of the year. (Except when it's not working correctly. If you don't already have it, I highly recommend the Daz Deals browser plugin. It will show the total discount on each item, so the mistakes are a lot more obvious to us shoppers.)

• sapatsapat Posts: 1,735
    marble said:
    sapat said:

They tried to charge me almost $7.00 for the free dress.  I backed out and tried again and then it showed free.  Cart glitches are not uncommon here anymore. I don't ever remember this in the old days.

Yeah, I mentioned this in another thread. Still can't get it to show as free no matter what I do (clear cache, etc.). I think it is a PC+ member freebie and I'm not a member. If so, they should say so.

Richard told me a while back if it won't show the freebie 0.00 price and it won't let you empty your cart, add any sort of product in your cart, then go to your cart again,, remove the item you don't want, and the freeibe should be 0.00 now.  I couldn't empty my cart and Richard told me how to do it.  Richard, please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.  Been a long time.

• Love the free T-shirt dress:) It's adorable. now to get time to do holiday renders. Thankies

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    sapat said:
    marble said:
    sapat said:

They tried to charge me almost $7.00 for the free dress.  I backed out and tried again and then it showed free.  Cart glitches are not uncommon here anymore. I don't ever remember this in the old days.

Yeah, I mentioned this in another thread. Still can't get it to show as free no matter what I do (clear cache, etc.). I think it is a PC+ member freebie and I'm not a member. If so, they should say so.

Richard told me a while back if it won't show the freebie 0.00 price and it won't let you empty your cart, add any sort of product in your cart, then go to your cart again,, remove the item you don't want, and the freeibe should be 0.00 now.  I couldn't empty my cart and Richard told me how to do it.  Richard, please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.  Been a long time.

Thanks - good tip but it started working correctly and I don't know how or why. So I grabbed it a $0 while I could.

• jcbunnjcbunn Posts: 270

So is the Holiday freebie also counting as this weeks PC members freebie?

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,511
    sapat said:

I did manage to pick up 6 useful things that I wanted...not needed...but will be usefull.  I got a sports car from PC, RGcincy's dforce tutorial. (I've been a faithful follower in the thread, but would like to have them all in one place)., 3 pose sets for G8M, and the dforce Eastern Nuance dress.  Thought I'd like to have that for Mei Lin.
    Got it all for $62 and change with the Loyalty Discount.  Overall I'm happy with everything.

+1. Been following RG  too, amazing/giving thread. For anyone not knowing the item Sapat referred to, please see the attached image (with Holiday Rewards it is lower than the price on the screenshot). Tons of work went into this project and it's a must have. Love the fact that it is condensed sans the distracting questions/queries. And although I made a pdf of every page of the fantastic thread, I too invested in this product.

2018-11-27 56987.JPG
    1254 x 756 - 130K
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Wasn't the discount last year applicable to any DO or PC+ product?

jcbunn said:

No. The Holiday Freebies are gifts to us from the PAs. You don't need to be a member or purchase anything to get today's freebie. (Daz tried that one year, where you had to purchase something from the back catalog of the PA who made the freebie. It didn't go over well, from what I read in the forums.)

The weekly freebie for PC+ members is a new release Daz Original. Non-members must purchase something to qualify for the free item. No purchase required for members.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,250

...and don't wait too long to pick it up. It will probably change two or three times per week, and then be gone forever. I've only ever seen one or two become a regular product.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

argh we're just about to get hit with a big storm here (thank you, heatwave that is killing me) - c'mon c'mon, show the new deals before I have to unplug! LOL

ArtAngel said:
    sapat said:

I did manage to pick up 6 useful things that I wanted...not needed...but will be usefull.  I got a sports car from PC, RGcincy's dforce tutorial. (I've been a faithful follower in the thread, but would like to have them all in one place)., 3 pose sets for G8M, and the dforce Eastern Nuance dress.  Thought I'd like to have that for Mei Lin.
    Got it all for $62 and change with the Loyalty Discount.  Overall I'm happy with everything.

+1. Been following RG  too, amazing/giving thread. For anyone not knowing the item Sapat referred to, please see the attached image (with Holiday Rewards it is lower than the price on the screenshot). Tons of work went into this project and it's a must have. Love the fact that it is condensed sans the distracting questions/queries. And although I made a pdf of every page of the fantastic thread, I too invested in this product.

I wasn't able to attend the webinar but had to buy the tutorial series.  He's given so much to us for free, that i wanted to give back. I'll buy the next one too.

• L'Adair said:

This will be the third year Daz has given us an ongoing holiday discount. (Year one it was good storewide!) Anyway, the discount will automatially be applied to all qualifying items for every cart until the end of the year. (Except when it's not working correctly. If you don't already have it, I highly recommend the Daz Deals browser plugin. It will show the total discount on each item, so the mistakes are a lot more obvious to us shoppers.)

Thank you so much for posting this link - I had never heard of this!  I promptly installed it, and now have something to play with :-)

• jcbunn said:

This looks like the current item

https://www.daz3d.com/cozy-dining-room

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    jcbunn said:

that's the monthly PC+ freebie

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,322
    edited November 2018
    Chohole said:
    jcbunn said:

Nope, That's the regular weekly freebie -- Free to PC+ members and free with any purchase. Vintage Sleds is the monthly PC+ freebie.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • They sometimes load in with a price even for PC Members.  Just delete it and try again.  I've gotten in the habit of "buying" the free items separately simply because having them in the cart during some promotions causes problems, and it's better to get in the habit of making them a separate purchase to avoid that.

I do the same thing. Just easier to track things that way.

• grinch2901grinch2901 Posts: 1,246

I've noticed a couple of people may have inadvertantly checked out without noticing the xmas freebie wasn't showing up as free as I see there are a few $ showing up in my sales reports. Hopefully that will be fixed and folks will be credited the $.

I know I got it for free (thanks!) but this could be complicated for some because when you look at your archived orders, even free items show the full price and then it shows the total savings on the total order.In my case it says the item  price was $9.95 and I saved $9.95 on the order, net price zero. Easy for me with only one item in cart.  But if you got lots of stuff and this very nice freebie gift too all in one order, it could be hard to decipher if you got this one for free or not.  I hope people can figure it out.

DAZ Freebie Order Archive.jpg
    1547 x 246 - 34K
  • AtiAti Posts: 9,081

I've noticed a couple of people may have inadvertantly checked out without noticing the xmas freebie wasn't showing up as free as I see there are a few $ showing up in my sales reports. Hopefully that will be fixed and folks will be credited the $.

I know I got it for free (thanks!) but this could be complicated for some because when you look at your archived orders, even free items show the full price and then it shows the total savings on the total order.In my case it says the item  price was $9.95 and I saved $9.95 on the order, net price zero. Easy for me with only one item in cart.  But if you got lots of stuff and this very nice freebie gift too all in one order, it could be hard to decipher if you got this one for free or not.  I hope people can figure it out.

The order confirmation email shows the actual price you paid for the items.

• grinch2901grinch2901 Posts: 1,246
    Ati said:

The order confirmation email shows the actual price you paid for the items.

blush  Well yeah, if you want to do it the easy way.

Anything free, I throw it in my cart and check out ASAP before if goes off free status.  Too many things go away from leaving it my cart while I shop for other things or wait til later in the day.  So it's shop, drop, and check out.

L'Adair said:

Thank you so much for posting this link - I had never heard of this!  I promptly installed it, and now have something to play with :-)

You're welcome. The little plugin is the best. It really makes shopping here so much easier. (Though I think it also helps me spend more money, too.)

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155
    L'Adair said:
    L'Adair said:

You're welcome. The little plugin is the best. It really makes shopping here so much easier. (Though I think it also helps me spend more money, too.)

I feel paralyzed when I am on my phone and don't have Daz Deals available in the store.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,563
    barbult said:

I feel paralyzed when I am on my phone and don't have Daz Deals available in the store.

No kidding. I don't do much on my phone, but the other day on lunch break decided to check out some early black friday sales and when looking thru DAZ realised  I didn't have the Daz deals addon which kinda bummed me out, LOL

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,438
    edited November 2018

Today they have Holiday PC+ items. It aqppears to me the pricing in not correct in the cart. If you add an item from the list, it goes in at $1.99 for instance .. no 30% loyalty. "If you add a new debut, the price drops to $0.80, which is the additonal 60% discount, but it still does not give the 30%. Its not a lot fo difference, but if you buy a few items it adds up.

EDIT: it is working OK now

Post edited by daveso on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    Chohole said:
    jcbunn said:

Cheers Chohole, missed it.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    barbult said:
    L'Adair said:
    L'Adair said:

Transactions on my phone? Not happening.

I see 3DU is one of the featured artists today so I was looking forward to see what more interactive licenses from them to add to mine already bought ones, yes there are still some,  & I find out that verbage doesn't mean that you add a New Debut or Stll New to your cart to get the discount on the Featured Artist Interactive Licence but that the discount only applies to New Debut or Still New Interactive Licenses. frown crying

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,511

Odd behavior for the holiday free items. The dForce T-Shirt shows up after purchasing it, and when I cart it instead of a red purchased submit button, it has a green add to cart. Normally if you own an item. Also the second item doesn't populate as in cart but the Guns tos. I cleared all  browsing history history and had to sign in fresh and still same issue despite multiple refreshes.

holidayItems.JPG
    1620 x 1149 - 213K
  • I see 3DU is one of the featured artists today so I was looking forward to see what more interactive licenses from them to add to mine already bought ones, yes there are still some,  & I find out that verbage doesn't mean that you add a New Debut or Stll New to your cart to get the discount on the Featured Artist Interactive Licence but that the discount only applies to New Debut or Still New Interactive Licenses. frown crying

Hmmm, I'm seeing a 40% discount on the 3DU Interactive licenses that I checked

I see 3DU is one of the featured artists today so I was looking forward to see what more interactive licenses from them to add to mine already bought ones, yes there are still some,  & I find out that verbage doesn't mean that you add a New Debut or Stll New to your cart to get the discount on the Featured Artist Interactive Licence but that the discount only applies to New Debut or Still New Interactive Licenses. frown crying

Hmmm, I'm seeing a 40% discount on the 3DU Interactive licenses that I checked

Thanks, I will try again! I was 3 in the morning so maybe the discountg rules hadn't taken effect.