Carrara Challenge #4: The Twilight Zone - Work In Progress (WIP) thread

15678911»

Comments

• FractalDimensiaFractalDimensia Posts: 0
    edited October 2013

I do believe that PhilW will have a very difficult time picking even an "honorable mention" in this crowd of amazing renders!!! I'm glad he took on the task! :)

Post edited by FractalDimensia on
    edited December 1969

Philemo said:
    This is the final render for my submission (the one without post work, straight from Carrara).

Looking forward to the post-edit results of this nice render, Phil.

edited December 1969

head wax said:
    Here's my second/third? WIP for this image: "Invasion of The Body Snatchers"
    The kid is a custom morph, the vest is textured with one of my renders, the jeans are retextured, the ghost things are Primovol, the heads and legs are the k4 kid exported with morphs then reimported and cut into bits, the plane on the left reflects the protagonist but also has an alpha paremter to show the wall behind it. I did the stars in Post with Spacescape, a handy free program. The post work was done in PD elements and used a VirtualPhotographer plug in to warm it up. Spacescape can be found here: http://alexcpeterson.com/spacescape.

The second image is the raw render.

I do believe you have the start of a GREAT children's illustration book!! :)

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,924
    edited December 1969

I do believe that PhilW will have a very difficult time picking even an "honorable mention" in this crowd of amazing renders!!! I'm glad he took on the task! :)

I think you are right :) Now how's that headless knight coming along!!!? :) And yes, there is a children's book in there somewhere, just ripping apart pages to get out!

cheers from oz :)

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139
    edited December 1969

I was thinking the same myself!!

• MicioDueMicioDue Posts: 0
    edited October 2013

You're right, FractalDimensia, life is often near to the Twilight Zone. ;)

Second WIP, the final render. Respect to previous one: color on children wardrobe, some hair adjustment, white light on male child instead of red, lights now have a falloff, night outside with a visible moon, creature's head is completely new, an old clock on the rear wall, camera angle has been adjusted to show more of the window.

The setting is Jack Tomalin's West Park Day Room.
    Children are both Genesis Basic Child, wardrobe is from Carrara Pro/DAZ Studio Pro installation and so is the hair (Aldora Hair and Duke Hair)
    Realistic sky by Carrara, moon included.
    Three objects made in Carrara: the flashlight, the clock and the head of the creature.
    All shaders, except Day Room ones, are Carrara standard shaders, some of them modified by me, manually or using Fenric plug-ins Shader Doctor and Skin Doctor.
    No postwork.

I should be fully compliant now. Tomorrow I will officially post this render in the other thread.

Sorry PhilW, I'm trying to make you pick even more difficult! :-P

A_Game_of_Shadows_03.png
    1280 x 720 - 859K
    Post edited by MicioDue on
    edited December 1969

MicioDue said:

Bring 'em on, the more the merrier!

edited December 1969

PhilW said:
    MicioDue said:

Bring 'em on, the more the merrier!

LOL! That's the spirit!!

Just a reminder for anyone left out there, the Challenge entry period ENDS TOMORROW (Saturday) NIGHT!

You have a little over a day before the voting period begins!

• MicioDueMicioDue Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Just a reminder for anyone left out there, the Challenge entry period ENDS TOMORROW (Saturday) NIGHT!
    You have a little over a day before the voting period begins!

Render posted few minutes ago, after the latest enhancements. :)

• AntaraAntara Posts: 444
    edited December 1969

I've been missing from the forums for a while and and I just checked in, afraid that I missed the voting. I am both glad and scared that I didn't :). FD, I am glad you have allowed us to vote for more than one image, but I am afraid 3 will be too tight a limit! That will be such a tough choice. Such wonderful amazing entries! The final entries thread just blew me away. I'd seen an image I loved, then scroll down to the next one and loved it too, and that just didn't stop. Wow.

FD, I think you've done an excellent job inspiring people to greatness. And I think all participants are once again reaching new heights in artistry here. It is truly amazing to watch. And one of the reasons why these challenges are useful even for those who did not participate: I look at the amazing works here and walk away inspired to try and do better myself (and very sorry that I couldn't participate this month).

edited December 1969

You've not missed the voting yet...

• AntaraAntara Posts: 444
    edited December 1969

Yes, and it's not even the submission deadline yet, so there will be more amazing entries, judging by the WIP's here.... :)