CAR AND BIKE LOVERS THREAD - MARK II

Comments

• CherokeeCherokee Posts: 292
    edited June 2012

OK guys (and gals if there are any here). It seems this thread is winding down. I found it on the 3rd page tonight. In an effort to get things rolling again, what do you think of maybe posting some of the tips and tricks from the old forums in this new thread and maybe even some of our old renders from there (since we can't view those renders in the archived forum)? That's just an idea to maybe add some life back in here to keep the thread going....hey, it can't hurt.

Post edited by Cherokee on
  • Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,237
    edited December 1969

Guess you could try however other threads that I'm following are just getting pushed further and further back as the forum doesn't move the thread to the first page after a new post

• CherokeeCherokee Posts: 292
    edited December 1969

Guess you could try however other threads that I'm following are just getting pushed further and further back as the forum doesn't move the thread to the first page after a new post

It was just an idea to keep the thread from dying like it looks like it is. I'd be doing some rendering myself if I was back on my desktop but it's still down with a crashed hard drive, but, hopefully, that will be fixed within the next 2 weeks.

• GLWoodardGLWoodard Posts: 3,335
    edited December 1969

The problem is, the forum still isn't working correctly, and that is one of the issues, topics not moving back up to the first page when someone posts to it!

• edited December 1969

music is busy in the challenge arena and betsy was playing with new toys and im busy between work, the kids, and modeling
    and on top of it i am working out blender cycles nodes setups that can be used in shader mixer

then on top of all that i have family in winter park colorado and several other areas close to the fires

and then the situation with the idiodicy of the almost uselessness of this new site and time is scarce

edited December 1969

I was playing with new toys til Sunday night, when the wife and I decided it would be a better idea to evacuate from Tropical Storm Debbie, still pulling up carpet, not enough of a flood to knock us down, (thank God), but it did get our carpets wet!

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited December 1969

betsy662 said:
    I was playing with new toys til Sunday night, when the wife and I decided it would be a better idea to evacuate from Tropical Storm Debbie, still pulling up carpet, not enough of a flood to knock us down, (thank God), but it did get our carpets wet!

OMG!...I hope you are all ok. Not too much damage I hope. Be careful Betsy!

:ohh:

edited December 1969

Yeah, we had to evacuate, or we felt we needed to, just got the last of the carpet out today, so we are in effect back in our house. Its so good to be home!

edited December 1969

Glad to hear your safe and that things are OK given the circumstances

edited December 1969

We had a little water come into the house, I was in here using the shop vac to suck it up, but when the rain let up enough for me to get the dogs outside, I noticed the sinkhole next door was absolutely full of water, we figured that if the rain really started up again and kept going, the way our property is situated, we would have lost everything, it didn't happen, but you know if we would have tried to stay home, it probably would have.

• edited December 1969

i know how bad these storms can get and getting out when you can is the best idea
    i stayed in my house through alicia and went without power for almost a month
    the last one was ike and it took my beach house
    i like kiving on the gulf so no plans on leaving texas for now

glad to see that all is good i have friends that flooded out from debbie and are stressing the rest of the season

edited December 1969

I live a little off the Gulf, more inland, but in Florida, inland doesn't mean much, we basically have ocean's on both sides of the state!

edited July 2012

We had a huge electrical storm last night here in Ga. The power kept glitching off and on. I started unplugging all the electronics and just before I could get to our bedroom, lightning hit just outside the bedroom window, and it took our bedroom tv out. Power supply fryed. It will cost $200.00 to repair it, so today I went and bought a new tv...42" for the bedroom. It also took one of my pooter side drives. 500 gigs of files fryed. I was smart enough to duplicate them on another drive a while back, and store it. I just got it out and replaced the bad one. So, I still have my files...WHEW! That would have been bad if I had lost all those files.

This storm was the worst I have seen in my life. It was nonstop flashing. My front yard was lit up like daylight consistantly. The sky was so full of lightning streaks, it looked like blood vessels all over the place. For about two hours. The heat here has been over 100 for the last week. This may have had something to do with it.

:-)

Post edited by music2u4u on
    edited December 1969

Lots of heat lightening, that can be dangerous, thats for sure, I do understand that fear when nature takes control, thats the time to just turn to God and seek His advice on such things!

edited July 2012

I fixed the triangular metal strips that were across the front grill on this chevy, I also fixed the holes in the grill that were blocked in.

looks pretty good now.

1957ChevyConvertible.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 109K
    edited December 1969

That one does look good.

edited December 1969

Heres one for the steampunk fans.

Ice_Road_Trucker001.jpg
    800 x 492 - 89K
    edited December 1969

Video from Waldemar Belwon ,( Dreamlight )
    Has some nice cars in it I especially liked the Pontiac

http://www.empowernetwork.com/goldpath/blog/back-to-the-50s-naked-ass-and-freedom-power-meet-vasteras-2012-video/

• EleleElele Posts: 1,097
    edited December 1969

Trying to get that 3d car look :)
    Still needs work, but I'll get there :D

Untitled-1.jpg
    800 x 450 - 132K
    edited December 1969

Elele said:
    Trying to get that 3d car look :)
    Still needs work, but I'll get there :D

Superb! Welcome Elele.

oh...I found one of our favorite cars over at rendo freebie section. You guys may just want to download this one again. This version has workable doors and hood and an nicely detailed engine.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=64402

edited July 2012

betsy662 said:
    Heres one for the steampunk fans.

Talk about a nice mesh! This little thing was a real catch from Daz for free. It fooled me at first...it said it was $99.00...I had just been given a mail from Daz saying it was going to be a freebie. So I put it in my basket just to see if it was still $99.00...it was. I then went through all the checking out proceedures and in the very end, last step, it finally said "price = $00.00". So, I did get it for free.

Ice_Road_Trucker001.jpg
    800 x 492 - 89K
    edited December 1969

Yep, once I signed in of course, it was free, but at first I saw that it was $99, no way I was paying that, it is a pretty nice mesh alright, as well as very nicely done detail and textures.

edited December 1969

Okay, whoever this guy is, he did a better job on his 58 this time, its still the old 3ds mesh we've been playing with forever, but this guy did a nice job of lining up the door and fender on the left side of the car, he also reassigned the texture maps and made them much more user friendly, moreso than the original 3ds mesh.

Heres what I did to it, admittedly, I was in a hurry when I had the mesh in Blender, so the wheel tire sets are off a little, but the car does look good, and will be very workable as I work on it a little more!

58_impala3.jpg
    800 x 492 - 45K
    58_impala2.jpg
    800 x 492 - 24K
    58_impala1.jpg
    800 x 492 - 28K
    58_impala.jpg
    800 x 492 - 26K
    edited December 1969

I just had to play a little bit!

classic_lines.jpg
    800 x 492 - 73K
    edited December 1969

betsy662 said:

Nice

edited July 2012

betsy662 said:

Nice

Very!

Here it is right out of the box, with DZFire's car shaders and a blue chrome shader.I am surprized at how well DZFire's red shader holds up against white background. Most reds get all flurry looking when rendered with white. Really nice stuff.

58ImpalaDaz1.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 117K
    edited December 1969

Those shaders are nice, I use them almost exclusively on my cars now, my pics of the ole 58 are using the DZ Fire shaders as well.

Heres a new one from Nationale7, it looks like its much more accurate than the Dreamland model, which I already have, but will probably get this one as well, hopefully tomorrow, http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=94277

Full94277.jpg
    800 x 800 - 227K
    edited December 1969

I know this is not 3d...but I bought this 1967 Ford F100 today. It's baby blue. Taken very good care of, partially restored, has a 289 V8 that is built up high performance inside and out. It has a nice motor, newly built. Transmission is air cooled. I got it for $1,500.00 cash. Not bad huh?

:cheese:

67F100_2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 137K
    67F100_1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 137K
    edited December 1969

You did good

edited December 1969

You did pretty decent on that one, the previous owner must have been desperate!

Heres a couple for ya!

my_little_hotrodder001.jpg
    800 x 489 - 67K
    my_little_hotrodder000.jpg
    800 x 489 - 61K
This discussion has been closed.