CAR AND BIKE LOVERS THREAD - MARK II

Comments

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited December 1969

My uncle had one exactly like this, only not a ragtop, hardtop. Same colors though.

hey did you notice in this pic, there is another one just like this one beside it to the right! These are rare birds!

:-)

57_not_so_ragtop.jpg
    800 x 534 - 386K
    edited June 2012

If I were walking through a junk yard and saw this, I would have to have it!
    The basic body is solid, not wrecked and a two door, the rust is just surface and could be sanded off. This would be a great starter for a restoration. Those are the original hubcaps even.

:bug:

57Ford.jpg
    325 x 155 - 13K
    Post edited by music2u4u on
    edited June 2012

...One more...ain't she sweet!

1957 Ford 500 Skyliner Retractable

Ford 500 Skyliner Retractable. Modernized with contemporary comfort and safety, yet retaining the classic appearance and features of a 50's masterpiece. customized so that it can be driven like a car of today with the classic style of yesterday. This 1957 was a 2 year frame off restoration. Options include ..tilt, cruise, power windows, power rack and pinion steering, power disk brakes, AM/FM stereo, air conditioning from Vintage Air, Kelsey Hays wire wheels and more. powered by a 351 V8 with a TCI auto trans. BEAUTIFUL CAR!!

Price - $ 100,000 or best offer

:coolcheese:

57ford50715-1.jpg
    430 x 322 - 30K
  • GLWoodardGLWoodard Posts: 3,335
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    ...One more...ain't she sweet!

1957 Ford 500 Skyliner Retractable

Ford 500 Skyliner Retractable. Modernized with contemporary comfort and safety, yet retaining the classic appearance and features of a 50's masterpiece. customized so that it can be driven like a car of today with the classic style of yesterday. This 1957 was a 2 year frame off restoration. Options include ..tilt, cruise, power windows, power rack and pinion steering, power disk brakes, AM/FM stereo, air conditioning from Vintage Air, Kelsey Hays wire wheels and more. powered by a 351 V8 with a TCI auto trans. BEAUTIFUL CAR!!

Price - $ 100,000 or best offer

:coolcheese:

Nice, hardly worth $100,000. But really nice!

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,237
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    My uncle had one exactly like this, only not a ragtop, hardtop. Same colors though.

hey did you notice in this pic, there is another one just like this one beside it to the right! These are rare birds!

Hey my Uncle had one also except his was black

Finally able to get back to this thread since Daz screwed the pooch with the upgrade:coolmad:

edited December 1969

I've been able to get to this forum okay, its the PC forum thats having all the problems now, or maybe I should say, not the forum so much as DAZ has messed up a bunch of our PC subscription accounts, nice to always be someones guinie pig!

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,237
    edited December 1969

Wow! I got an ebot for this thread
    I've only been getting them for one of the dozen or so threads that I'm subscribed to and generally I have to log on three or four times to be able to post, Have found that by going to the store home page and logging in there works most of the time

edited December 1969

Its funny really, about six months ago, N3V Games did a complete do over of their website, I'm sure after they had shut everything down for just over 2 weeks, they might have had a few issues, but nothing like this! That included their forums, the Download Station, and their store, I guess the website people in Australia must be better than what we can do here in the states!

edited June 2012

Here are a few sketchup conversions I did. The 49 Ford was in pretty bad shape. I tweeked the mesh and added chrome to cover holes in the mesh. Put some of my American mag and tires on it and reset the MAT zones by exploding it in Sketchup. Then regrouped it. Ran it through Poseray, welded the vertices and recalculated the normals at 35. I added the headlights for a nice touch. I think it turned out ok.

The 70 Ford blue two tone truck turned out awesome. It looks real as can be. It looks to me like it was made from the same mesh as the 68. Look closely at the grill and front bumper, also the back window. They look exact except for some spikes removed from the grill. Amazing different, but not. I used the supershine topcoat shader on it. The mags are real nice vintage style Americans.

The 68 Ford truck is my fav though. It turned out great.

All of them need windshield wipers...lol. The top two Ford trucks need a steering wheel too. Gonna fix that next.

1949FordDaz1.jpg
    800 x 640 - 46K
    1970sFordTruckDaz1.jpg
    800 x 640 - 55K
    1968F100Daz1.jpg
    800 x 640 - 54K
    edited December 1969

Sketchup's 49 Ford is a rough candidate to be sure, it won't smooth out very well, especially around the top and rear clips, yep, in the real world, most auto manufacturers, especially when it comes to trucks, will use the same body panels for several years, note the old Ford Cabover truck, used the same body from the early 50's well into the early 2000s, talk about longevity!

edited December 1969

Heres a side by side using the sketcup 49 ford and the adh3d 49 ford.

side_by_side.jpg
    800 x 473 - 25K
    edited June 2012

betsy662 said:
    Heres a side by side using the sketcup 49 ford and the adh3d 49 ford.

So...if you could blend the two, you would have a real nice 49 Ford...lol.

edited December 1969

That was my initial idea, but in looking closely at the sketchup model, the front fenders on the front clip have the same indentation, or for lack of a better word, very front of the fenders just under the headlights should be pretty much straight up from the bumper pan, the front clip of the adh3d model is a total lost, the shape of the hood is all wrong, and the car looks more like Studebaker rather than a Ford.

the fix isn't going to be easy, thats for sure!

edited December 1969

Hey guys and girls, wanna drag? This is cool, how well it will work with DS4 I don't know, but I'm willing to give her a go!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/rear-engine-dragster-for-poser-/93638#

Full93638.jpg
    800 x 800 - 106K
    edited December 1969

I just couldn't resist, she loads perfectly in DS4pro, here it is with a few enhancements, ie. Chrome shaders done up right, and of course, I had to make one for Sue!

sue_s_quarter_miler.jpg
    800 x 473 - 269K
    big_daddys_ride2.jpg
    800 x 473 - 260K
    big_daddys_ride1.jpg
    800 x 381 - 245K
    edited June 2012

Sweeeeeet!

sue_s_quarter_miler.jpg
    800 x 473 - 269K
    edited December 1969

It is sweet, while the motor isn't all that heavily detailed, it has enough on it, and the price isn't that high for a car model!

edited December 1969

Another Broken Nail!

another_broken_nail001.jpg
    800 x 473 - 285K
    edited December 1969

Some burnout pix, and then Sue and Johnny gettin' ready to pack it in for the day!

sue_pinky_harper01.jpg
    800 x 381 - 245K
    burnout001.jpg
    800 x 473 - 274K
    burnout000.jpg
    800 x 473 - 269K
  • NEONnycNEONnyc Posts: 14
    edited December 1969

Not much into dragsters - but that one looks real cool. :-)

That Sketch-Up '49 Ford look much more accurate than the commercial one. Sorry, don't want to be cruel but that one looks almost closer to a Henry J to me. My neighbor had a '49 way back when. Don't think they ever washed it, the color was more surface rust than anything else. Still I liked the looks of the car a lot. Was it '50 or '51 that Ford changed to the straight horizontal grill?

Those Ford HT-convertibles were kind of boxy looking, but still very sweet. A friend of mine had the '59 version (powder blue over white). The '57 had much cleaner lines. My older brother brother had a yellow '57 Ford ragtop. I think I liked that car more than he did! Too bad I was too young to drive it before he traded it. It was rough being the little bro. :smirk:

edited December 1969

Actually, the adh3d model is the one that looks like a Henry J.

edited December 1969

Heres another one from National 7, a 32 Ford Model B, looks pretty decent, but a little pricey!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/clyde-barrows-ford-b-400-sedan-convertible-for-poser-/93669#

Full93669.jpg
    800 x 800 - 273K
    edited December 1969

Okay, I finally broke down and got one of National 7's Fords, but because the Duece is $22.00, I instead played it cautious, and got the 34 Ford Roadster, very nicely done, however, when loading it into DAZ Studio, be prepared, as the doors are way over scaled and the rest of the car is way underscaled, also, all of the moving parts, such as wheels and doors must be parented to the main body once you have the doors scaled and fitted to the car, I have found that if you have it scaled about right for the Genesis figure, or whatever human figure your going to use, it is easier to delete the human figure and save the scene, oh yes, if your using it in DS, you will need to use some decent shaders for the body, wheel rims, and all the chrome, the upholstery comes out pretty decent, and you won't need to change the tires, at least not on this car.

Since National 7 doesn't use an obj, if you wish to make modifications to the car, you will need to export it from either DAZ or Poser as an obj.

Wow_Factor3.jpg
    800 x 473 - 118K
    Wow_Factor2.jpg
    800 x 473 - 120K
    Wow_Factor1.jpg
    800 x 473 - 132K
  • NEONnycNEONnyc Posts: 14
    edited December 1969

betsy662 said:
    Actually, the adh3d model is the one that looks like a Henry J.

Yes, that's the one I meant.

Your renders of the older Fords look very nice! :-)

• edited December 1969

ok work continues on the deuce roadster
    interior is almost 100% just missing the dash lights
    tonight is suspension
    but again i played in cycles and found a satin steel painted metalic looking texture node

34-test2mini.jpg
    800 x 600 - 43K
    edited December 1969

Well, I couldn't resist, now I do have one correction to make regarding the the cars from Nationale 7, these cars really great, especially their more recent releases, I couldn't resist getting the 32 Ford Convertable Sedan, its really a very nice model, however, be forwarned, when you load it the first time, especially in DS, realize that you must parent just about everything, to the main body, not to anything else with the exception of the tyre's, (tires), those are already parented to the wheels and should remain so, but be sure and parent the wheels to the Main Body.

Also, these cars do load just fine, scaled up and ready, even if you have something else in the scene, but heres the kicker, you must not have any over model hilighted, or active in the scene, or the car will load all messed up, however, I discovered this by simply loading one of these cars in the scene without anything else in it, but if you do have other figures arleady loaded into the scene, be sure before loading any of the Nationale 7 vehicles, that nothing in the scene is highlighted.

Here's Bonnie n Clyde!

Bonnie_n_Clyde001.jpg
    800 x 473 - 288K
    edited December 1969

ok work continues on the deuce roadster
    interior is almost 100% just missing the dash lights
    tonight is suspension
    but again i played in cycles and found a satin steel painted metalic looking texture node

Very smooth SP. It's looking good here, love that metallic red shader.

edited June 2012

betsy662 said:
    Well, I couldn't resist, now I do have one correction to make regarding the the cars from Nationale 7, these cars really great, especially their more recent releases, I couldn't resist getting the 32 Ford Convertable Sedan, its really a very nice model, however, be forwarned, when you load it the first time, especially in DS, realize that you must parent just about everything, to the main body, not to anything else with the exception of the tyre's, (tires), those are already parented to the wheels and should remain so, but be sure and parent the wheels to the Main Body.

Also, these cars do load just fine, scaled up and ready, even if you have something else in the scene, but heres the kicker, you must not have any over model hilighted, or active in the scene, or the car will load all messed up, however, I discovered this by simply loading one of these cars in the scene without anything else in it, but if you do have other figures arleady loaded into the scene, be sure before loading any of the Nationale 7 vehicles, that nothing in the scene is highlighted.

Here's Bonnie n Clyde!

Two nice looking oldies. The cars are pretty nice too!...hehehe.

:lol:

so what's up with the horizontal lines on the tires of the sedan? With my experience with modeling, it looks to me like the texture needs to be painted up just a tad bit higher, like it is coming up too short. Open it up in your photoshop (or your art program) and be sure the artist has the entire template covered with the texture, if not stretch it just a tad, then resave it. This will remidy the problem.

:-/

Bonnie_n_Clyde001.jpg
    480 x 295 - 37K
    edited December 1969

They are still getting better at what they are making, sure there has been mistakes in the past, but thats all a part of the learing curve I guess, I'll look into fixing the tires when I have time!

edited December 1969

Wanted Dead Or Alive!

wanted_dead_or_alive001.jpg
    800 x 473 - 317K
This discussion has been closed.