Llola Lane's RENDER A MONTH Challenge 2013 CLOSED!!! Please join our 2014 thread

Comments

• TeofaTeofa Posts: 823
    edited October 2013

Ok, I can take a hint. Image removed.

Post edited by Teofa on
  • mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152
    edited December 1969

She looks like a fierce and proud lady.

• IndigoJansonIndigoJanson Posts: 1,100
    edited December 1969

Very creative, nice to see a different interpretation. Is that your own texture work on the outfit? It's looking good.

edited October 2013

Jindi said:
    Very creative, nice to see a different interpretation. Is that your own texture work on the outfit? It's looking good.

Hi Jindi, all my work except for the Bobbie25 Alruna armor.. the plate stuff. Redid everything else. I liked the stock mats on the Alruna for this image. That is Wancow's Sarong from share CG, the wrap. Very different in leather. Her leggings are Wilmaps Tights redone. All the junk from the V4 warrior princess set was redone, belt, sword, scabbard.

What I really like is the rocks, which are two of the platform pieces from the stock dragon fight set included with DAZ, flipped upside down and scaled in different axis.

@Mori, She is. She is Norn.

Post edited by Teofa on
  • Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823
    edited December 1969

standfast said:
    In the blasted and grey lands of Orr, the Sun brings hope.

Orr.... the place where the weak dies and the strong survives with slightly less sanity.. not to mention the undying hate for the Risen :) Nice render Standfast :)

edited October 2013

Carola O said:
    standfast said:
    In the blasted and grey lands of Orr, the Sun brings hope.

Orr.... the place where the weak dies and the strong survives with slightly less sanity.. not to mention the undying hate for the Risen :) Nice render Standfast :)

I HATE that place. hate hate hate :) Thank you for the complement.

(ps. I hate Trahearne too)

Post edited by Teofa on
  • Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,063
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Autumn

Sunrise over the Valley

AWESOME render Chohole... Not sure WHY I'm not getting notices for people posting on this thread.. I DO have myself subscribing... I see I've got a LOT to catch up on... THANK YOU!

edited December 1969

Here comes the sun da da da da.............LOL Trish

Trish I wanna swim with your swans... what a lovely view that would be to look at in the morning (sighs) THANK you for sharing.

edited December 1969

Jindi said:
    Gorgeous Trish!

Here is my contribution to the theme of Sunrise...

GREAT render Jindi... although.. I AM scared of heights... I could see myself on a nice chair AWAY from the edge drinking my morning coffee :) THANK YOU for sharing!

edited December 1969

SimonJM said:
    Cross-posted from Jack's appreciation thread ...

ooo Simon... I saw this render over at DeviantArt yesterday and thought.. It would make a great render for my Sunrise Challenge and low and behold here it is!!! Here kitty kitty... giggles... Thanks for sharing :)

edited December 1969

Hi everyone.. I've not checked this thread in a while... I guess subscribing doesn't work.. I'm not getting notices when people post on this thread :( I promise to check back more often.. I'm usually a better hostess than this. I'm still getting used to all this forum stuff and since this is my first thread... EVER... I'll try and do better....

anyway... Here's my sunrise... I call it "MORNING STRETCH" ... enjoy :)

MORNING_STRETCH_DONE_SIGN.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 564K
    edited December 1969

We're getting down to the end of the month quickly... You still have intil October 31st to post your SUNRISE renders if you have not posted yet... TELL YOUR FRIENDS... ALL ARE WELCOME TO POST TO THIS THREAD... JUST REMEMBER ... ONLY 1 POST PER PERSON and it HAS to be a NEW render....

Just as a reminder... November = Superstitions

(has her thinking cap on) hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

llolalane said:
    Hi everyone.. I've not checked this thread in a while... I guess subscribing doesn't work.. I'm not getting notices when people post on this thread :( I promise to check back more often.. I'm usually a better hostess than this. I'm still getting used to all this forum stuff and since this is my first thread... EVER... I'll try and do better....

about time you got up ;-)

edited December 1969

bigh said:
    llolalane said:

about time you got up ;-)

Hi Bigh.. yes... I'm a---waaaaaaaaaaaaake :) (yawnzzzzzzz)

edited December 1969

FYI... I can't see standfast's render anymore.. it says removed.. I didn't do it... Maybe it's just the forums being weird on me??? Anyone else see it gone??? Not sure how to fix it.. sorry standfast... it wasn't me .. honest :)

edited December 1969

Llola, I don't see it either. I'm guessing Standfast took it down because she thought her render wasn't welcome in this thread? If that's the case, you might want to send her a PM or comment in her own thread here to be sure she'll see it.

As for your render, that's one lovely location to wake up and enjoy a stretch! What an amazing view she has from her window. I think if I were her I'd just sit there a while and enjoy the sun that's streaming across the bed.

edited December 1969

Jindi said:
    Llola, I don't see it either. I'm guessing Standfast took it down because she thought her render wasn't welcome in this thread? If that's the case, you might want to send her a PM or comment in her own thread here to be sure she'll see it.

As for your render, that's one lovely location to wake up and enjoy a stretch! What an amazing view she has from her window. I think if I were her I'd just sit there a while and enjoy the sun that's streaming across the bed.

Thank you Jindi... I'll send Standfast a response via her comment... not sure how to send a PM...
    Glad you like my render... the city is Vancouver, Canada... I took this photo as we were returning to the dock from our cruise to Alaska. It WAS a glorious morning :) Thank you.. Happy rendering!

edited December 1969

standfast said:
    Ok, I can take a hint. Image removed.

Hi Standfast... not sure why your render is not showing for me... did you remove it??? Not sure why.. It was lovely.. :) thank you for sharing it... Not sure how to PM so I hope you get this message :) Happy rendering !

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited October 2013

Title Sunrise at Misty Lake…

DS4.6 Skies of Reality, Forest Superior, Castle Ruins.. No Post work…
    Click and Click for Full Size.

UMM... opps! Posted this thing to the WRONG thread first... please forgive me...

Morning-Tower.png
    1440 x 900 - 2M
    Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Title Sunrise at Misty Lake…

DS4.6 Skies of Reality, Forest Superior, Castle Ruins.. No Post work…
    Click and Click for Full Size.

UMM... opps! Posted this thing to the WRONG thread first... please forgive me...

Hi Jaderail.. not sure what needs forgiving.. but your render sure is lovely. It reminds me of the winery ruins on Kelley's Island, OHIO... Thank you for sharing :)

edited December 1969

Jaderail, that render fired my imagination. I could swear I heard birds singing and the sound of the forest and lakeside creatures awakening.

edited December 1969

Hi Everyone... lovely renders this month. I'm loving this challenge idea. You all are keeping me on my toes. Thank you for sharing!!!

For those of you that haven't finished your SUNRISE render for OCTOBER... You still have less than a week to join us.... ALL are welcome... There are only 2 rules… ONLY 1 RENDER ALLOWED per PER PERSON per month and IT MUST BE A COMPLETELY “NEW” RENDER!!! Now... I'm not part of the render police... I'm trusting you all on your honor. ;)

If you are done with your render for this month... you may want to start on Novembers - Superstitions. I have some ideas... Hope you can join me... hummm

HAPPY RENDERING!!!

edited December 1969

Hi everyone... October is now over... thank you for all the WONDERFUL sunrises. It is now November and time to think of SUPERSTITIONS.... hum... I have a few ideas... You have until the 30th. Remember I'm not the render police... but don't cheat yourself... Make this a new render for this challenge.... and make it your best... Only 1 render per person. That's the challenge!!! Hummm (gets busy thinking) HAPPY RENDERING!!!

• dmbdmb Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

To give folks a flavour of the original photo challenge that sparked off Llola's thread please take a look at the photographic thread at http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/a-father-vs-daughter-12-for-2013-challenge.457147/

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 1969

WOW those are some awesome photos....thanks for sharing...pretty neat to know the history behind this idea....Trish

edited November 2013

dmb56 said:
    To give folks a flavour of the original photo challenge that sparked off Llola's thread please take a look at the photographic thread at http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/a-father-vs-daughter-12-for-2013-challenge.457147/

Thank you dmb56.. I added the thread link to the first page too... ;)
    Post edited by Llola Lane on
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

When a dog howls, death is near

01_s.jpg
    1029 x 694 - 449K
    edited December 1969

Great render Bigh.... I've not heard that saying before.. (was that a dog howling I just heard???) eeeeep!!! lol
    Thanks for sharing... Happy rendering!

edited November 2013

<-- Has a render in the works.... Hope you all haven't forgotten about this thread :) HAPPY RENDERING!</p>

REMINDER.... November - Superstitions

Post edited by Llola Lane on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Working on this one as time Allows... if three soldiers light their cigarettes from the same match, either one of them will die or the last one to light the cig will be shot.