Llola Lane's RENDER A MONTH Challenge 2013 CLOSED!!! Please join our 2014 thread

Comments

• Yonas AngYonas Ang Posts: 108
    edited December 1969

Ok, I gave up for November Theme. I'm at home these whole week, and my PC is in my apartment, I only bring my laptop which is struggling just to open HD Youtube vids.

Guess I'll just hop on to the next theme, err umbrella ? Hmm, seems easy enough for typical scenes, but it will be difficult if you want something special with umbrella, tricky, haha.

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,063
    edited December 1969

Yonas Ang said:
    Ok, I gave up for November Theme. I'm at home these whole week, and my PC is in my apartment, I only bring my laptop which is struggling just to open HD Youtube vids.

Guess I'll just hop on to the next theme, err umbrella ? Hmm, seems easy enough for typical scenes, but it will be difficult if you want something special with umbrella, tricky, haha.

Ok. Yonas... I look forward to seeing what you come with for umbrella... giggles.. Happy Thanksgiving!

edited December 1969

llolalane said:

Ok. Yonas... I look forward to seeing what you come with for umbrella... giggles.. Happy Thanksgiving!

Oh, right, Happy Thanksgiving too ^^
    Btw, forgot to mention this, I like the "adjective" idea, simple yet can produce many creativity in my opinion.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

waiting for Dec.

edited December 1969

bigh said:
    waiting for Dec.

<--hands bigh an umbrella... there ya go.. you can start now... lol... Happy rendering :)</p>

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

llolalane said:
    bigh said:
    waiting for Dec.

<--hands bigh an umbrella... there ya go.. you can start now... lol... Happy rendering :)</div>

got it - done and ready to post it :coolsmile:

edited December 1969

bigh said:
    llolalane said:
    bigh said:
    waiting for Dec.

<--hands bigh an umbrella... there ya go.. you can start now... lol... Happy rendering :)</div>

got it - done and ready to post it :coolsmile:

WOW... you are too fast for me.. I got sooo much going on right now.. I need an organizer for the organizer... lol... Can't wait to see it Dec 1st ;) (2 more days to go ;)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Looks like I am not going to get a November one finished. Everything seems to be piling up on me at the mo.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Looks like I am not going to get a November one finished. Everything seems to be piling up on me at the mo.

aweeeeee.. such a shame Chohole... but I know the feeling... I slowly cross one thing off my list and 5 more are added.. lol... we have UMBRELLA for Dec.. hope you can make it... HAPPY HOLIDAYs!!!

• IndigoJansonIndigoJanson Posts: 1,100
    edited December 1969

Sorry I wasn't around this month, Llola, I always enjoy your challenges. I had an idea but haven't sat down to work on it yet. Looks like I might have to go make myself an umbrella in Hexagon so I can play in December.

Happy thanksgiving, if you celebrate (and happy Thursday if you don't)!

edited December 1969

Jindi said:
    Sorry I wasn't around this month, Llola, I always enjoy your challenges. I had an idea but haven't sat down to work on it yet. Looks like I might have to go make myself an umbrella in Hexagon so I can play in December.

Happy thanksgiving, if you celebrate (and happy Thursday if you don't)!

Hi Jindi.. glad you like the challenges.. you still have 2 days... hurry.. hurry.. fast.. fast... make that render... giggles... Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. :) I ... do/did... celebrate (rubs tummy).. ughhhh... lol

edited November 2013

Hi everyone.. here's some umbrella help if you need one....

http://www.daz3d.com/april-showers-for-genesis-female (only $1.50... wow)
    http://www.daz3d.com/surfer-v4 (wow.. only a dollar $1.00)
    http://www.daz3d.com/yamaki-victory-lane ($1.50)
    http://www.daz3d.com/carnival-picnic-tables ($1.99)
    http://www.daz3d.com/a-curious-bus-stop ($1.99)

plus various add on textures... just search UMBRELLA... ;)

There ya go everyone.. all under 2 bucks.... what a deal!!! Happy rendering :)

Post edited by Llola Lane on
    edited December 1969

llolalane said:

Nah, not for me, I'm not Platinum Member. Hmm, may I ask something, it doesn't matter as long as it is "Umbrella" right ? Doesn't have to be literally "umbrela" ?

edited November 2013

Yonas Ang said:
    llolalane said:

Nah, not for me, I'm not Platinum Member. Hmm, may I ask something, it doesn't matter as long as it is "Umbrella" right ? Doesn't have to be literally "umbrela" ?

hum.. you got me thinking now... I guess we don't have to take it literally... I guess you could SIT under an UMBRELLA of leaves on a tree??? right??? so.. I say go for it... And sorry about the links.. Yes... I guess ya gotta be a premium member for the 2 bucks sale.. saweeeeeeeeee... Can't wait to see what you come up with ;) Happy rendering!

Post edited by Llola Lane on
    edited December 1969

llolalane said:

hum.. you got me thinking now... I guess we don't have to take it literally... I guess you could SIT under an UMBRELLA of leaves on a tree??? right??? so.. I say go for it... And sorry about the links.. Yes... I guess ya gotta be a premium member for the 2 bucks sale.. saweeeeeeeeee... Can't wait to see what you come up with ;) Happy rendering!

Yeah, that kind of umbrella. Truthfully I just want to avoid buying specific umbrella just for 1 time render, lol. I rarely render outside scene, most of my render categorized as glamour. Wish me luck ^^

edited December 1969

Yonas Ang said:
    llolalane said:

Yeah, that kind of umbrella. Truthfully I just want to avoid buying specific umbrella just for 1 time render, lol. I rarely render outside scene, most of my render categorized as glamour. Wish me luck ^^

Got'cha... you DID get me thinking now too.. hummmm... lol... Break a leg... no that's for the theater... erm.. good luck!!! Happy rendering! :)

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited December 1969

Yonas Ang said:
    llolalane said:

Yeah, that kind of umbrella. Truthfully I just want to avoid buying specific umbrella just for 1 time render, lol. I rarely render outside scene, most of my render categorized as glamour. Wish me luck ^^There are always freebie options available.

edited December 1969

Yonas Ang said:
    llolalane said:

There are always freebie options available.

So true Tramp Graphics... if you have a link to one.. please feel free to share it... I've not been able to find any... THANK YOU!

edited December 1969

llolalane said:
    Yonas Ang said:
    llolalane said:

So true Tramp Graphics... if you have a link to one.. please feel free to share it... I've not been able to find any... THANK YOU!

ShareCG.com has a bunch of them, including a morphing one and a Japanese parasol, though the latter is a static object file.

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 1969

Tramp Graphics: Thanks for the link....I did not have an umbrella....Trish

edited December 1969

llolalane said:
    Yonas Ang said:
    llolalane said:

ShareCG.com has a bunch of them, including a morphing one and a Japanese parasol, though the latter is a static object file.

Thanks oodles Tramps.. I keep forgetting about shareGC... guess cause I figure this is a DAZ forum... and they may not like us using things from other places... happy rendering everyone!

edited December 1969

ONE MORE DAY to get those superstition renders in if ya got'em... December is UMBRELLA and some people are just waiting for the turn of the calendar to post theirs... I'm NOT that thrifty... I will be a while.. still pondering a few ideas... ALL are welcome to join in the challenge... Happy Holidays everyone.. faa laa laa laaa laaaaa :)

edited December 1969

llolalane said:
    llolalane said:
    Yonas Ang said:
    llolalane said:

Thanks oodles Tramps.. I keep forgetting about shareGC... guess cause I figure this is a DAZ forum... and they may not like us using things from other places... happy rendering everyone! They don't want us posting links to other stores, but freebie links are fine. In fact, in the monthly Freebie Challenges, we're required to post links for every freebie we use in our render.

edited December 1969

llolalane said:
    llolalane said:
    Yonas Ang said:
    llolalane said:

Thanks oodles Tramps.. I keep forgetting about shareGC... guess cause I figure this is a DAZ forum... and they may not like us using things from other places... happy rendering everyone! They don't want us posting links to other stores, but freebie links are fine. In fact, in the monthly Freebie Challenges, we're required to post links for every freebie we use in our render.

Oh yes.. I think I remember seeing that here in the forums when I was doing some exploring.. LOL... THANKs!

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

llolalane said:
    ONE MORE DAY to get those superstition renders in if ya got'em... December is UMBRELLA and some people are just waiting for the turn of the calendar to post theirs... I'm NOT that thrifty... I will be a while.. still pondering a few ideas... ALL are welcome to join in the challenge... Happy Holidays everyone.. faa laa laa laaa laaaaa :)
    Still in set up mode BUT close. Plan to squeak under the wire at the last moment.
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    llolalane said:
    Still in set up mode BUT close. Plan to squeak under the wire at the last moment.

yay.. hurry hurry....

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

llolalane said:
    Jaderail said:
    llolalane said:

yay.. hurry hurry.... Stop the pushing!! The pressure is starting to get to me... ;-P

In test render faze, tweak a plenty, test render more...

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    llolalane said:
    Jaderail said:
    llolalane said:

yay.. hurry hurry.... Stop the pushing!! The pressure is starting to get to me... ;-P

In test render faze, tweak a plenty, test render more...

LOL... ok... (creeps back into her hole)

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited November 2013

ok everyone it is 12:10am 12/1/2013 so here is my entry.....early for once....LOL....Its called Cats on the Beach.......Trish
    How silly but it feels good to be finished already.....

cats_on_beach3.jpg
    1228 x 613 - 521K
    Post edited by Trish on
    edited December 1969

ok everyone it is 12:10am 12/1/2013 so here is my entry.....early for once....LOL....Its called Cats on the Beach.......Trish
    How silly but it feels good to be finished already.....

YAY... awesome render Trish.... Thanks for being so ON TIME... lol... ;)

<---me gets busy rendering... gonna be a while for me.. got a few priorities that need attending to first. :)</p>