Llola Lane's RENDER A MONTH Challenge 2013 CLOSED!!! Please join our 2014 thread

Comments

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    As Promised.... Kit Bashed set. Using Firstbaston's The Steppes x2 parts of Spiral Decent and different plants from LisaB.

Title: Watching for the Spring herds.

spring - looks like fall here :-)
    good one

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,063
    edited December 1969

Thanks :) I've now discovered the awesomeness of Xfrog trees, so the background has changed a bit. I've also switched the flashlight pointed at the character for an UberArea light with a "splotchy" texture in the light colour map. I'm not sure how much difference it'll make; it does look softer on the preview renders.

Btw, sorry, I hadn't realised I couldn't post WIPs in here. I'll delete them now. :) I won't have time to finish the render this month, unfortunately. I'll post the final render in a separate thread.

That's ok. Raindrop... just post it .. even if not finished... you still have a weekish... No prizes here... just a challenge for fun. :) I hope you post it... and join us each month for a different challenge... ;)

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    As Promised.... Kit Bashed set. Using Firstbaston's The Steppes x2 parts of Spiral Decent and different plants from LisaB.

Title: Watching for the Spring herds.

WOW.. great landscape Jaderail... Thanks for sharing :)

• edited December 1969

Love the light coming out of the cave, Jaderail!

llolalane said:
    Thanks :) I've now discovered the awesomeness of Xfrog trees, so the background has changed a bit. I've also switched the flashlight pointed at the character for an UberArea light with a "splotchy" texture in the light colour map. I'm not sure how much difference it'll make; it does look softer on the preview renders.

Btw, sorry, I hadn't realised I couldn't post WIPs in here. I'll delete them now. :) I won't have time to finish the render this month, unfortunately. I'll post the final render in a separate thread.

That's ok. Raindrop... just post it .. even if not finished... you still have a weekish... No prizes here... just a challenge for fun. :) I hope you post it... and join us each month for a different challenge... ;)
    Ha ha, don't worry, I'll post it once it's finished. I'm rendering it one third at a time (background / middle ground / foreground) to composite later, and I've only done the background so far.

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 1969

This one is rendered in Bryce7PRO ....I call it Lost Puppy......everyone has really beautiful renders!!.....Trish

lost_puppy2.jpg
    1252 x 625 - 855K
    edited December 1969

This one is rendered in Bryce7PRO ....I call it Lost Puppy......everyone has really beautiful renders!!.....Trish

good job

• edited December 1969

Found the puppy! :D
    Love the water, it's gorgeous.
  • AJ2112AJ2112 Posts: 1,416
    edited December 1969

Hi Trish, wonderful render, water looks very realistic :cheese:

edited December 1969

bigh; thankyou

Raindrop: glad you found the puppy...LOL

awesomefb: Thanks very much

Jaderail: Beautiful terrain looks very real...Did you make it yourself??

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

bigh; thankyou

Raindrop: glad you found the puppy...LOL

awesomefb: Thanks very much

Jaderail: Beautiful terrain looks very real...Did you make it yourself??

Nice render of your own there. No, mine is not 100% hand made, I did a kit bash from many sets I had. It was a set I had in my head for a project of mine so I tossed it together.
    edited December 1969

WOW.... think i'm gonna have to play with Bryce.. that water looks awesome!!! I have yet to be able to get water looking that good in DAZ :( Maybe it's just me. Thank you for sharing :)

edited December 1969

llolalane:Thank you....I on the other hand am just starting to learn Studio.....got a long way to go with that....LOL

edited December 1969

llolalane:Thank you....I on the other hand am just starting to learn Studio.....got a long way to go with that....LOL

lol.. It's been a year for me and I'm STILL learning... Don't think I'll ever master it.... but I keep trying :) Thanks again for sharing.

• edited December 1969

I can't believe I've managed to finish this! I rendered it into three parts. Each part took about 12 hours to render... Meep. This xfrog trees are gorgeous, but they're a bit of a hit on my small system!
    All rendered in DAZ Studio 4.6. Post-processing consisted of stitching everything back together, and that's about it.

DryadOnTree_1024.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 136K
    edited December 1969

Woo hoot.. what a WONDERFUL render Raindrop Drinkwater... and you had 3 days to spare ;)
    THANK YOU for participating in my lil challenge!

• edited December 1969

Thank you Llola! I'm very pleased to have finished before the deadline. :D

edited September 2013

If anyone is watching this thread... we are into another month.. September = History. REMEMBER ... only 1 render allowed per person so let's make them good ones. Since I don't know everything about everything in the world... Let's put a remark about WHAT HISTORY the render portrays. I have an old one I did a while back on DeviantArt about the Titanic.. Here's a link if anyone wants to see it. Of course I won't use it as all renders must be NEW JUST FOR THIS CHALLENGE... Just thought I'd share it... http://llolalane.deviantart.com/art/Titanic-350043278 HAPPY RENDERING everyone.. You have til the 30th to finish your renders. I'm working on mine as I type. ;)

Post edited by Llola Lane on
    edited December 1969

Still here, still watching, and I'll play along again. After all, a person who loves all things Historic and Prehistoric has to do one of these. and I'll be sure it is History and not pre for this challenge.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Still here, still watching, and I'll play along again. After all, a person who loves all things Historic and Prehistoric has to do one of these. and I'll be sure it is History and not pre for this challenge.

YAY Jaderail.. whew.. glad someone is still watching... lol.. I look forward to seeing your creation ;)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

History. Hmm that is difficult. Have to work out something I haven't done a render on before. I think at least a third of my existing images are Historical, one way or another., although not all are posted anywhere.

This is one of my older ones.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=476706&user_id=12932&np;&np;

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    History. Hmm that is difficult. Have to work out something I haven't done a render on before. I think at least a third of my existing images are Historical, one way or another., although not all are posted anywhere.

This is one of my older ones.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=476706&user_id=12932&np;&np;

That's a wonderful render Chohole.. and yes.. a NEW render will be a challenge for me too. I have to remember not all history is bad.. there is some good in history too. hum... thinks :) Thank you for sharing... I look forward to seeing what you come up with :) HAPPY RENDERING!

edited December 1969

Yes I am still here also...I will have to really use my brain to come up with a history render....glad we have awhile...LOL Trish

edited December 1969

Yes I am still here also...I will have to really use my brain to come up with a history render....glad we have awhile...LOL Trish

YAY.. great Trish.. yes we have some time... I have my thinking cap on ;)

edited December 1969

Still at work on mine. I hope others are too. I would hate to see this thread not get some love.

• mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152
    edited December 1969

Oh, I'm lurking here, never fear. My humble dabblings are mostly fantasy scenes and intentional idiocy. Not srue I can squeeze out some actual historic event. But you never know when the muse strikes. She has hooves though, so last time she struck hard, I was out cold for days ;)

edited September 2013

G Vu day - made the first Hellfire drive

1_G.jpg
    1441 x 627 - 259K
    Post edited by bigh on
  • edited December 1969

Future history... nice one, Bigh!

Still at work on mine too. Like last month, this contest is stretching my abilities... In fact, I'm posting about this very WIP here.

edited December 1969

Hum... FUTURE History??? Not thought of that... darn... lol.... Working on mine... Taking a while to get all the bits together. I'm still new at DAZ... trying to work out DYNAMIC... Can a primitive be made dynamic in DAZ???? I need a rectangle that is dynamic... Having a dickens of a time finding one... Not sure HOW to make something dynamic. Any help would be appreciated please :) Hugzzzzzzzzzzz all around!!!

edited December 1969

Future history... nice one, Bigh!

Still at work on mine too. Like last month, this contest is stretching my abilities... In fact, I'm posting about this very WIP here.

thank you - good luck with yours

edited September 2013

llolalane said:
    Hum... FUTURE History??? Not thought of that... darn... lol.... Working on mine... Taking a while to get all the bits together. I'm still new at DAZ... trying to work out DYNAMIC... Can a primitive be made dynamic in DAZ???? I need a rectangle that is dynamic... Having a dickens of a time finding one... Not sure HOW to make something dynamic. Any help would be appreciated please :) Hugzzzzzzzzzzz all around!!!

try here -
    https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts2/home

Post edited by Jaderail on