Llola Lane's RENDER A MONTH Challenge 2013 CLOSED!!! Please join our 2014 thread

Comments

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Working on this one as time Allows... if three soldiers light their cigarettes from the same match, either one of them will die or the last one to light the cig will be shot.
    Of course, that has nothing to do with using the same match. Lighting matches or smoking (especially at night) in a combat zone is a bad idea to begin with. The glow from the match or cigarette gives away your position to the enemy. That's the origin of that "myth" and thus, there is a lot of truth to it.
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Working on this one as time Allows... if three soldiers light their cigarettes from the same match, either one of them will die or the last one to light the cig will be shot.
    Of course, that has nothing to do with using the same match. Lighting matches or smoking (especially at night) in a combat zone is a bad idea to begin with. The glow from the match or cigarette gives away your position to the enemy. That's the origin of that "myth" and thus, there is a lot of truth to it. I still like the Image for the Render it inspired in my mind. The truth is not the inspiration but I see the truth as the real cause. Which I hope to show in the render.
  • Yonas AngYonas Ang Posts: 108
    edited December 1969

Is this thread only for environmental / lancscape render ? Just want to make sure before posting anything else here.

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,063
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Jaderail said:
    Of course, that has nothing to do with using the same match. Lighting matches or smoking (especially at night) in a combat zone is a bad idea to begin with. The glow from the match or cigarette gives away your position to the enemy. That's the origin of that "myth" and thus, there is a lot of truth to it.
    I still like the Image for the Render it inspired in my mind. The truth is not the inspiration but I see the truth as the real cause. Which I hope to show in the render.

Can't wait to see it Jaderail... ;) Now you I GOTTA see it .. lol :)

edited December 1969

Is this thread only for environmental / lancscape render ? Just want to make sure before posting anything else here.

Hi Ang_deedee... Landscapes were for October... November's inspiration is SUPERSTITION... ANYTHING goes.. as long as it is A NEW RENDER and ONLY ONE RENDER PER PERSON.. whew.. makes it a good challenge ;) .. feel free to join us.. Can't wait to see what you come up with :) Happy rendering!!!

edited December 1969

Hi Everyone.. I've been searching SUPERSTITIONS on the internet... and it seems most all superstitions are based on truths and/or myths in one way or another... so fun... I'm glad you all are taking part in these challenges.. I am learning a LOT from you all too... :)

edited December 1969

llolalane said:

Hi Ang_deedee... Landscapes were for October... November's inspiration is SUPERSTITION... ANYTHING goes.. as long as it is A NEW RENDER and ONLY ONE RENDER PER PERSON.. whew.. makes it a good challenge ;) .. feel free to join us.. Can't wait to see what you come up with :) Happy rendering!!!

Wow, that is a heavy topic to render. I never render something like superstitious one. Time to search for references then ^^.

edited December 1969

llolalane said:

Wow, that is a heavy topic to render. I never render something like superstitious one. Time to search for references then ^^.
    Totally heavy.. that's why I like these challenges... gives me something to render that I've never done before... If you need some help with superstitions... this link can give you some ideas... http://www.csicop.org/superstition/library/common_superstitions/ ... Happy rendering!!!

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 1969

Haven't been doing much real stuff lately...stuck on toons....with that said here is Amy holding Noodle the black cat walking under a ladder...scolding him for climbing on the shipping container....Trish

noodle.jpg
    946 x 611 - 460K
  • Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited December 1969

Nice work. The only problem I see is her eyes don't seem to be looking at the cat.

edited December 1969

Haven't been doing much real stuff lately...stuck on toons....with that said here is Amy holding Noodle the black cat walking under a ladder...scolding him for climbing on the shipping container....Trish

Oh POOOH.. now I need to trash my work in progress.. I had similar idea ... Great minds think alike I guess... Wonderful render.. Thanks for sharing it :)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Ah bother, back to the drawing board, did we all have a similar idea.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

ROTFLMAO! The black cat crossing my path and walking under a ladder just seemed so obvious to me I ruled them out at the start. Nice toon Render there.

edited December 1969

LOL... (me) scurries to look for that link with the supersitions.. lol ... too funny.

edited November 2013

Oh I can't believe it how funny.......LOL I got the idea from the link you posted.....Trish

Thanks Jaderail.....ruled it out huh .....LOL

Tramp Graphics: they did look sorta at her cat till I put them in Bryce and had to delete a few parts in the eyes

Post edited by Trish on
    edited November 2013

Oh I can't believe it how funny.......LOL I got the idea from the link you posted.....Trish

Thanks Jaderail.....ruled it out huh .....LOL

giggles.. that'll teach me to wait til the last minute... been so busy with the daz sale renders that I forgot about my own challenge.. lol... Glad my link helped ya... I'll see what else I can come up with.. lol... Totally fun render.. Toons ROCK!!!

Post edited by Llola Lane on
    edited December 1969

My mind been hitting wall here and there, everything I render seems to be lack of something, haaaah need more color in my real life lol

edited December 1969

My mind been hitting wall here and there, everything I render seems to be lack of something, haaaah need more color in my real life lol

That's ok.. Ang_deedee... we still have 8 more days til the end of the month.. eep... I best git rendering... quick!!!

edited December 1969

llolalane said:

That's ok.. Ang_deedee... we still have 8 more days til the end of the month.. eep... I best git rendering... quick!!!

Btw, can I change my display forum name ? I've tried the change display id on account control panel but not working. Always giving the "wrong password".

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

llolalane said:

Btw, can I change my display forum name ? I've tried the change display id on account control panel but not working. Always giving the "wrong password".

Drop a PM to either Richard Haseltine or adamr001, giving them your preferred user name (and a couple of alternatives in case the first one is already in use) and your forum sign in email and they can change it for you.

edited December 1969

chohole said:

Drop a PM to either Richard Haseltine or adamr001, giving them your preferred user name (and a couple of alternatives in case the first one is already in use) and your forum sign in email and they can change it for you.

Thank you, I'll do that, my current display name is my email, so it's too long for a forum display name.

edited December 1969

ok everyone where are all the renders????

edited December 1969

working on mine.. needed to come up with another idea... I'm working.. i'm workin... lol

edited December 1969

You are playing in the gallery......really nice pictures you have been adding by the way......LOL Trish

edited December 1969

You are playing in the gallery......really nice pictures you have been adding by the way......LOL Trish

eeeep.. I've been found out... yes .. my bad... But I AM working on a render.. promise.. winks
    Glad you like my renders.. I'm being choosie.. ONLY my favs are going in the Gallery... :) It's quite overwhelming already... whew

edited December 1969

kk.. here's my render... before someone beats me to it... We all do it...

Cross our fingers for luck!!!

Does it really ever work???? giggles

FINGERS_CROSSED_6minute_render_DONE_SIGN.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 506K
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

llolalane said:

sure he takes your money - what do you think he's doing ? :cheese:

edited December 1969

bigh said:
    llolalane said:

sure he takes your money - what do you think he's doing ? :cheese:

sooo true.. LUCKY for the Carny guy... lol

edited December 1969

Nice one!! now if we just get jaderail and chohole to finish......whats up for next month I am rearing to go......

edited December 1969

Hi Everyone...

Since SOME of us are finished with our November renders (coughs)... We can start working on next month... December = Umbrella ... should be easy enough... :)

Oh.. and as a heads up... next year my friend and his daughter are working on ADJECTIVEs for inspiration.... An adjective is a 'describing' word used before a noun or noun phrase giving more information about the object.... They are working on the list... but I looks like it may be easier... or maybe harder for some... but that's the CHALLENGE.. winks

Happy rendering everyone... Hugzzzzzz all around!