Llola Lane's RENDER A MONTH Challenge 2013 CLOSED!!! Please join our 2014 thread

Comments

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,063
    edited September 2013

bigh said:
    llolalane said:
    Hum... FUTURE History??? Not thought of that... darn... lol.... Working on mine... Taking a while to get all the bits together. I'm still new at DAZ... trying to work out DYNAMIC... Can a primitive be made dynamic in DAZ???? I need a rectangle that is dynamic... Having a dickens of a time finding one... Not sure HOW to make something dynamic. Any help would be appreciated please :) Hugzzzzzzzzzzz all around!!!

try here -
    https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts2/home

Thank you Bigh... unfortunately i'm a dummy when it comes to scripts n stuff... I've been playing for an hour and I can't seem to grasp WHAT that web page is about... I think it's scripts to make prims do various things??? and some clothes... etc... I can make heads n tails of some of it... but most of it is over my head :(... I tried the BEND script but it doesn't do for me what it's SUPPOSED to do in the tutorial.. I know i'm not doing something right.. (sighs)... gonna give up for now and go to bed... Thanks.. maybe with a fresh head tomorrow I can figure it out... Happy rendering!!!

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • edited December 1969

You can't do dynamic directly in DAZ Studio, but:

- There's this from OptiTex:
    http://www.daz3d.com/dynamic-sheets

- Or you could create the dynamic object in your modelling software of choice. For example, if you want a sheet to fall nicely onto a chair:
    1. Export the DAZ Studio chair from Studio to the modelling software.
    2. Model your dynamic sheet. Get it to drap onto the chair.
    3. Save the "draped" state (there must be a function for that, the name will depend on the software), and export it as an object
    4. Import it into Studio. Voila!

The caveat, of course, is that the imported object is static.

edited December 1969

"Betsy Ross"

The Betsy Ross flag is an early design of the flag of the United States, popularly attributed to Betsy Ross, using the common motifs of alternating red-and-white striped field with five-pointed stars in a blue canton. The flag was designed during the American Revolution and features 13 stars to represent the original 13 colonies. The distinctive feature of the Ross flag is the arrangement of the stars in a circle.

Although the Betsy Ross story is accepted by most Americans, some flag historians and revisionists do not accept the Betsy Ross design as the first American flag. According to the traditional account, the original flag was made in June 1776, when a small committee—including George Washington, Robert Morris and relative George Ross—visited Betsy and discussed the need for a new American flag. Betsy accepted the job to manufacture the flag, altering the committee's design by replacing the six-pointed stars with five-pointed stars.

While the Betsy Ross legend is questionable, the flag design is known to have been in use by 1777.

----

Whether she made the flag or not... I thought it fitting to render an AMERICAN icon as my HISTORY render this month.... Hope you all enjoy it :)

Thanks to OptiTex for the dynamic curtain that I converted to a flag.. whew.. that took some figuring.

BETSY_ROSS_done_SIGN.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 481K
    edited December 1969

- Or you could create the dynamic object in your modelling software of choice. For example, if you want a sheet to fall nicely onto a chair:
    3. Save the "draped" state (there must be a function for that, the name will depend on the software), and export it as an object

omg.. totally missed this post Raindrop... sheesh... I couldn't find a FREE sheet but I used the free curtain over at OptiTex.. once I figured out WHAT I was doing... I got it to work like I wanted. I needed it to DRAPE on Betsy's skirt... I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. Not sure HOW to make a dynamic object... all I have is Hexagon.. and I barely know it. Too much to learn.. so little time... lol.. Thank you for your help.. Hugzzzzzzzzzz

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

llolalane said:
    "Betsy Ross"

The Betsy Ross flag is an early design of the flag of the United States, popularly attributed to Betsy Ross, using the common motifs of alternating red-and-white striped field with five-pointed stars in a blue canton. The flag was designed during the American Revolution and features 13 stars to represent the original 13 colonies. The distinctive feature of the Ross flag is the arrangement of the stars in a circle.

Although the Betsy Ross story is accepted by most Americans, some flag historians and revisionists do not accept the Betsy Ross design as the first American flag. According to the traditional account, the original flag was made in June 1776, when a small committee—including George Washington, Robert Morris and relative George Ross—visited Betsy and discussed the need for a new American flag. Betsy accepted the job to manufacture the flag, altering the committee's design by replacing the six-pointed stars with five-pointed stars.

While the Betsy Ross legend is questionable, the flag design is known to have been in use by 1777.

----

Whether she made the flag or not... I thought it fitting to render an AMERICAN icon as my HISTORY render this month.... Hope you all enjoy it :)

Thanks to OptiTex for the dynamic curtain that I converted to a flag.. whew.. that took some figuring.

great job - like the info too

edited December 1969

Glad you like it bigh... (waits patiently for your... and others renders) giggles
    Happy rendering!!!

• edited September 2013

Great render, Llola! I like the warm glow of the chimney. Very glad you found a way to do your dynamic flag -- I had forgotten about the free curtains! Good thinking.
    Still working on mine. It looks like I might have trouble meeting the deadline... again! xD

Post edited by raindrop_1ff71f4538 on
    edited December 1969

Great render, Llola! I like the warm glow of the chimney. Very glad you found a way to do your dynamic flag -- I had forgotten about the free curtains! Good thinking.
    Still working on mine. It looks like I might have trouble meeting the deadline... again! xD

hum. you have til the 30th Raindrop... hurry.. hurry... lol... Glad you like my render :) Thank you!

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited December 1969

llolalane said:

omg.. totally missed this post Raindrop... sheesh... I couldn't find a FREE sheet but I used the free curtain over at OptiTex.. once I figured out WHAT I was doing... I got it to work like I wanted. I needed it to DRAPE on Betsy's skirt... I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. Not sure HOW to make a dynamic object... all I have is Hexagon.. and I barely know it. Too much to learn.. so little time... lol.. Thank you for your help.. HugzzzzzzzzzzUnfortunately, at this time, we can't make dynamic cloth fr DAZ Studio. Only OptiTex can. They use a proprietary software which is extremely expensive to get a license for (in the thousands of dollars range).

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

"they call me white trash 'cause my hair hangs long
    my ragged pants got no buttons on
    my teeth are black and my shoulders sag
    but I fly - the Confederate flag"

white_trash_2.jpg
    675 x 900 - 408K
  • TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited September 2013

Chohole; now that is dramatic!! I am still working on mine.......Trish

llolane; Betsy ross never looked better

Post edited by Trish on
    edited December 1969

Thanks Trish. Silly thing is I took ages tweaking the mats to get them the right colour, and then decided it would look better in grey scale anyway. LOL

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    "they call me white trash 'cause my hair hangs long
    my ragged pants got no buttons on
    my teeth are black and my shoulders sag
    but I fly - the Confederate flag"

WOW.... Chohole.. awesome render.. THANK YOU for sharing :)

edited December 1969

Saint Joan of Arc...born 1412 executed 1431...Claiming divine guidance she led the French army to several important victories during the 100 years war..several additional victories led to Charles VII coronation at Reims. She was burned at the stake for heresy at 19 years old.She was canonized in 1920 as a patron Saint of France......Trish

joan2.jpg
    1298 x 648 - 642K
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Saint Joan of Arc...born 1412 executed 1431...Claiming divine guidance she led the French army to several important victories during the 100 years war..several additional victories led to Charles VII coronation at Reims. She was burned at the stake for heresy at 19 years old.She was canonized in 1920 as a patron Saint of France......Trish

looks great - she must have been a terror :roll:

edited December 1969

oooo ahhhh... wow Trish .. that's wonderful.. Thank you for sharing :)

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm afraid that I must miss this one. I lost my rear Chassis fan a few days ago and rendering is not a option until the new fan is here and installed. I'm in love with what I see so far. And to me this ZERO pressure just for fun contest is the best one on the forums right now. I have spent more time twiddling with one for here that any I ever did I believe.

I'm hoping to beat the end of the month and have time to render it.

More renders from others please.

edited September 2013

Thank you.....This is a fun thread I have to second that motion...LOL Trish... Sorry about your computer Jaderail hope you get it going soon

Post edited by Trish on
  • IndigoJansonIndigoJanson Posts: 1,100
    edited December 1969

I don't come over here often enough, I've missed some cool threads. As a history lover, I like the idea behind this one and the renders that have been posted.

Not sure whether I'll manage to squeak in with a render at the last minute, but if I get a chance I'll give it my best shot.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I'm afraid that I must miss this one. I lost my rear Chassis fan a few days ago and rendering is not a option until the new fan is here and installed. I'm in love with what I see so far. And to me this ZERO pressure just for fun contest is the best one on the forums right now. I have spent more time twiddling with one for here that any I ever did I believe.

I'm hoping to beat the end of the month and have time to render it.

More renders from others please.

Oh darn Jaderail... :( Hope it gets fixed... we still have a little time til the end of the month (30th)... I'll keep fingers crossed that it gets fixed by then.... If not next month is... .. October - Sunrise ... I'm already thinking on this one. ;)

edited December 1969

Jindi said:
    I don't come over here often enough, I've missed some cool threads. As a history lover, I like the idea behind this one and the renders that have been posted.

Not sure whether I'll manage to squeak in with a render at the last minute, but if I get a chance I'll give it my best shot.

Awesome Jindi.... hurry ... hurrry... hurrrrrry.... you have til the end of day on the 30th to get your HISTORY render posted. ;)

edited December 1969

llolalane said:

Awesome Jindi.... hurry ... hurrry... hurrrrrry.... you have til the end of day on the 30th to get your HISTORY render posted. ;)

OK, how could I resist? :)

I discovered that September is the anniversary of the death of dancer Isadora Duncan. She famously died when her long scarf caught in the wheel of the car. The year was 1927.

I didn't have a car for my render (seemed a bit morbid in any case!) but put together a tribute to her, based on a photo of Isadora in motion.

isadora_dancer.jpg
    565 x 800 - 89K
    edited September 2013

Jindi said:
    llolalane said:

OK, how could I resist? :)

I discovered that September is the anniversary of the death of dancer Isadora Duncan. She famously died when her long scarf caught in the wheel of the car. The year was 1927.

I didn't have a car for my render (seemed a bit morbid in any case!) but put together a tribute to her, based on a photo of Isadora in motion.

THANK YOU ... THANK YOU... Jundi... What a wonderful contribution to the dance Isadora gave. I had not known about her before but thanks to you I found her on the wiki and read a little about her life. If anyone wants the link.. here it is... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isadora_Duncan
    Thanks for sharing a render this month :)
    Happy rendering everyone... only 5 more days til October and sunRISE! ;)

Post edited by Llola Lane on
    edited December 1969

I get the impression she caused quite a revolution in dance. She loved to dance barefoot and with scarves and flowing fabrics. It was hard to do her justice as I didn't have the right kinds of draping fabrics, but wanted to create something so that I could contribute before the month was out.

You did a fantastic job with your flag!

edited December 1969

Jindi said:
    I get the impression she caused quite a revolution in dance. She loved to dance barefoot and with scarves and flowing fabrics. It was hard to do her justice as I didn't have the right kinds of draping fabrics, but wanted to create something so that I could contribute before the month was out.

I agree there, it was the flag that inspired me to produce mine.

edited September 2013

Jindi said:

Oh it's wonderful Jindi just as it is... I found some youtube video of her.. very interesting dancing. Reminds me of the hippy dances of the 70s... lol... anyway.. THANK YOU for sharing Jindi :)
    I think I'll be using dynamic fabric again.. now that I know how it works... Glad my flag inspired you too Chohole ;)... Wonderful render :)
    Happy Rendering!!!

Post edited by Llola Lane on
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

Love the characterisation in yours (as well as that flag which looks very natural). It struck me as an inspired idea to take a verse as the starting point.

Also very much like the composition in Trish's render -- I get from it a sense of Joan of Arc being young and alone, but unafraid.

edited December 1969

Jindi said:
    chohole said:

Love the characterisation in yours (as well as that flag which looks very natural). It struck me as an inspired idea to take a verse as the starting point.

Also very much like the composition in Trish's render -- I get from it a sense of Joan of Arc being young and alone, but unafraid.

Thank you kindly Jindi... :)

edited December 1969

Hi Everyone... Just a reminder if you are joining my challenge... You still have 2 more days to get your HISTORY render in... October it's sunRISE... I've got a few ideas brewing ;)... ANYONE can join the fun... Happy Rendering!!!!

edited December 1969

Today is the 30th everyone... last day to get your renders in for HISTORY.... Tomorrow we start creating SUNRISEs.... Anyone can join me... My friend David is the inspiration for this thread... he's doing the same themes with PHOTOGRAPHY with his daughter... I decided I'd like to try renders... He watches this thread... Let's give him something GREAT to look at ;) hurry.. hurrrrrrry. Happy rendering!