What the heck is going on with the store NOW?

124»

Comments

• AtiAti Posts: 9,082
    DAZ_Steve said:
    Ati said:

Pinging www.daz3d.com [104.16.66.59]

Just had the error when viewing a gallery image and trying to click the like button: https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/630696/

Nothing happens when clicking the like button, reloading the page gives a bad gateway cloudflare error.

Using the "BUD" node on cloudflare. Otherwise, no errors, though.

Why do I get the feeling that this is a plan to get us all to clikc the like button on that image? ;)

Haha. :D Not my image, though, so no self-interest there. :D

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

I'll go test some pages since it's been an hour. I was having trouble with today's Pro bundle so I'll start there. 

edited August 2018

Wow, that was fast. Clicking on the banner and going to toon dwane page,   then clicking on the buy icon for the pro bundle, BOOM. Bad gateway, cloudfare was Atlanta. 

Post edited by Novica on
    edited August 2018

btw Steve, the metatags are wrong for the dwane page. It says Introducing: Toon Dayne   for the tab that appears once I go to that page.  Won't help your SEO when people try to Google and find him. (Search Engine Optimization.) 

Post edited by Novica on
  • PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633

104.16.65.59 was the IP given by tracert @DAZ_Rawb. 5 hops, but the third just before the cloudflare server timed out.

• FauvistFauvist Posts: 2,038
    Chohole said:
    mr clam said:

it's been happening for days. According to the diagnostics, the failure is from Daz's end.

If it was happening to more than just a few, and had been happening for days then it would have been picked up by now.  There is a whole Daz Forum team that do monitor the forums and we do normally manage pretty much 24 hour coverage between us.  If this had been a regular occurence then we would have pisked up on any comments and have reported it by now.

Does anyone have a link to the other thread mentioned here, because I can't recall one.

It's STILL doing it.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,733
    edited August 2018

Getting these results consistently

daz_ping_trc.png
    1050 x 458 - 44K
    Post edited by Taoz on
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited August 2018

For comparison, FWIW I don't think I've been having any of the problems described here (except the all-singing-all-dancing sale page loads lethargically (again) due to all the bells, whistles, gongs, and things that go <parp>. Could we please go back to simple, non-animated sale page graphics?)

Here's what my ping looks like:

ping.jpg
    505 x 136 - 25K
    Post edited by SpottedKitty on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,327
    DAZ_Rawb said:

The datacenter people are going to try making some more adjustments to the machines above my control. Should be about an hour, I'll keep you all informed.

I hadn't been having any errors but now (4 PM DAZ time) I've started getting a lot of 502 cloudflare errors.

• CGHipsterCGHipster Posts: 241
    edited August 2018

Cloudflare has cache servers around the world, normally if something is happening with their cache servers it could result in websites not functioning properly for the end user in a specific location.  Example is if a Cloudflare server node is down or affected by an outage along the network, whatever other issues they have it will cause issues when trying to view sites that are mirrored or serve to direct you to the host site via the cache servers.  Easiest way to fix is to clear your browser history, if that does not fix it you can also try to fix it by pressing the windows key and R, type CMD and right click it into administrator mode.  Then, when in cmd, type:  ipconfig /flushdns   

This will flush the dns data your computer uses to connect to and view internet sites, then type ipconfig /renew

This will renew the dns data and will in most cases correct any cache issues by downloading a new library to connect to internet content and most often updated traffic addresses that normally will be pushed out by cloudflare to redirect traffic to alternate cache servers.

Post edited by CGHipster on
  • DAZ_RawbDAZ_Rawb Posts: 817

Our CDN provider (Cloudflare) is currently looking into the issue, they will be monitoring the error requests that are coming through right now. So if you can cause an error to happen now is the best time for it.

If they have suddenly disappeared for you, then also let me know because something they have done has fixed it.

• sapatsapat Posts: 1,735
    edited August 2018

Sorry for the OT comment here, but I put 2 items in my cart just now and now when I click on my cart so I can check out, it says my cart is empty and would I like to keep shopping.  What the hell?  I guess Daz doesn't want my money since I can't even access the cart.

Has anyone else had this happen today?  Or within the last 10 minutes?  I'm in CST in Texas, so it's 5:30pm here now.

shopping cart not working.jpg
    867 x 232 - 34K
    Post edited by sapat on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,158

The store, forums and gallery are working well for me at this time. (I hope I didn't jinx it!)

sapat said:

Sorry for the OT comment here, but I put 2 items in my cart just now and now when I click on my cart so I can check out, it says my cart is empty and would I like to keep shopping.  What the hell?  I guess Daz doesn't want my money since I can't even access the cart.

Has anyone else had this happen today?  Or within the last 10 minutes?  I'm in CST in Texas, so it's 5:30pm here now.

That issue tends to be more with the current store software getting cart contents confused between your "logged-in" and "logged-out" sessions. I would highly recommend logging out, then back in, and then adding something else to your cart (and removing that fresh item if you don't want it). There is a bit of code under the scenes that attempts to merge the contents of your logged out cart with your logged in cart that has problems about one in a thousand times.

DAZ_Rawb said:
    sapat said:

That issue tends to be more with the current store software getting cart contents confused between your "logged-in" and "logged-out" sessions. I would highly recommend logging out, then back in, and then adding something else to your cart (and removing that fresh item if you don't want it). There is a bit of code under the scenes that attempts to merge the contents of your logged out cart with your logged in cart that has problems about one in a thousand times.

Ok, thanks, I'll try that.  I had already logged out, shut down the site, reopened it and logged in again.. Same issue.  But I will have a go with adding another item to the cart and see how it goes.  I'll log out and in again just to make sure before I add a test item to the cart.

Thanks.

Wow, you're a lifesaver!!  I did as you said, put a cheap PC item in my cart and told it to Checkout.  It went to my cart and let me remove the PC item and the other item I didn't want.  So now I got my facial hair for G8M!!

Thanks so much.

yes laugh

edited August 2018

I was right in the middle of typing a message about how it had been working well for 45 minutes, when this happened: Error 522.

Error 522.JPG
    1145 x 1055 - 137K
    Post edited by barbult on
    edited August 2018

The 522 error was because the load balancers were rebooted a little too quickly. Everything should be back and I have various groups monitoring the system for the next while.

For the first time ever I am going to ask something of the forum: If there is anything going funky with the site for the next hour or two, please complain loudly in this thread.

Post edited by DAZ_Rawb on
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,804

A moment ago on my iPad using google browser with no add ons

had to refresh several times over ten minutes.

0703D84B-BEC8-43C4-B7D0-053FE78901A8.jpeg
    1481 x 1163 - 121K
    Stezza said:

The 522 error was the load balancers coming back up, so those were known. I am very interested in any 502 errors.

• mr clammr clam Posts: 707

Just got this when checking store credit:

Error 503 Service Unavailable

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,733
    edited August 2018
    DAZ_Rawb said:
    Stezza said:

The 522 error was the load balancers coming back up, so those were known. I am very interested in any 502 errors.

You're probably the only one who is... cheeky

Post edited by Taoz on
    mr clam said:

Just got this when checking store credit:

Error 503 Service Unavailable

I saw that error in the log. I'll try and look in to it later, but sadly, it is unrelated to this problem.

It looks like the 502 errors have dropped down to less than 0.2% of requests. I'm still looking in to the problem but my guess is that many of you won't be seeing the errors much any more.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

So far so good.  Put the store through the paces of hitting the back button a few times to get back to where I was previously (which before caused allot of the error pages and loading issues) as well as just going through and making sure the promos were all displaying.  All seems fine on my end... FOR NOW!  Muwhahahahahahaha *eh hem* 

• Seems to be working for me now.

• E-ArkhamE-Arkham Posts: 733
    edited August 2018
    DAZ_Rawb said:

Our CDN provider (Cloudflare) is currently looking into the issue, they will be monitoring the error requests that are coming through right now. So if you can cause an error to happen now is the best time for it.

If they have suddenly disappeared for you, then also let me know because something they have done has fixed it.

Haven't had any issues since before you posted this.  Everything's been smooth and responsive.

Post edited by E-Arkham on

It is still working well this afternoon.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

Yup, same here!  Fingers crossed that we are clear sailing ahead for the foreseeable future!  

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

Things a little slow this morning. Some pages don't take too long to open and some pages take, well, too long. LOL

Laurie