What the heck is going on with the store NOW?

RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,141

I keep getting these little pop ups for just about every sales page right now... getting tiresome.  It's bad enough half the links I click on gives me a gateway error and I have to refresh the page multiple times for the stupid cloud to let me through but now this?  You are shooting yourself in the foot and your published artists with this lame excuse for a store DAZ.  Get with it please!  SHEESH!  

ScreenHunter 18.png
508 x 212 - 43K

Comments

• DzFireDzFire Posts: 1,473
    Not just this site but others too, including the USPS
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,268

I'm not seeing it. So far I've loaded any DAZ page I tried as well as the USPS site just fine. Did your Windows just update? Or maybe a problem with your ISP?

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,873

NOt seeing it myself in Waterfox atm

• Everything fine for me.

• Kevin SandersonKevin Sanderson Posts: 1,643
    edited August 2018

I usually blame the Internet first. The store is working fine for me.

Post edited by Kevin Sanderson on
  • deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227
    edited August 2018

I get it too and I know others are getting it as well as this is the 2nd thread I have seen about it. 

Post edited by deathbycanon on
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 9,713

Maybe CloudFlare? Many sites are using them these days so if something goes wrong on one of their servers it will affect many people.

• mr clammr clam Posts: 707

it's been happening for days. According to the diagnostics, the failure is from Daz's end.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    mr clam said:

it's been happening for days. According to the diagnostics, the failure is from Daz's end.

If it was happening to more than just a few, and had been happening for days then it would have been picked up by now.  There is a whole Daz Forum team that do monitor the forums and we do normally manage pretty much 24 hour coverage between us.  If this had been a regular occurence then we would have pisked up on any comments and have reported it by now.

Does anyone have a link to the other thread mentioned here, because I can't recall one.

edited August 2018

I can't say how widespread it is, but I certainly did not hallucinate the problem. I can't even scroll through the promos without an error message. Indeed, I GOT ONE JUST AS I WAS TYPING THIS! See attached. Trying to upload a screenshot of the problem was also problematic.

error.png
    792 x 428 - 78K
    Post edited by mr clam on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

That is the standard Clodflare error message 502.  They always blame the error on Daz. It's a standard screen,  I don't think Clodflare have a different one. J/K  It is usually a fairly shortlived error and trying again will get rid of it fairly quickly. Also you can do a hard refresh to resend data   If it does persist and we become aware of it being a persistant one, then we report. 

If you do continue to experience it on a regular basis it is possible that you have a cookie which has corrupted.  Clear the daz cookies and let them rebuild, see if that solves the problem

edited August 2018

Like I said, it's been happening for days, and it's still happening right now. See the latest from just moments ago. I doubt it's cookies, because it happens no matter what computer I use, but I suppose I'll give it a try. 

Screen Shot 2018-08-19 at 7.11.11 AM.png
    1280 x 800 - 746K
    Post edited by mr clam on
  • TimotheusTimotheus Posts: 236

There is a small notice on the Cloudflare Support page that there's a "Minor Service Outage", whatever that means. 

• It's still working fine for me. Might be a bad server somewhere and mr clam's ISP keeps hitting it.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,552

I’ve been getting cloudflare for about 3 days now. I just refresh until the page displays properly.

It's still working fine for me. Might be a bad server somewhere and mr clam's ISP keeps hitting it.

It happens even when I switch the ISP, so...

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,713
    mr clam said:

No problems here at all for days, am in Europe.

• melaniemelanie Posts: 763

It's been happening to me for days. I posted about it last week, but it's still happening.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,518

No problems here for me (knock on wood)

• RainRain Posts: 335
    RAMWolff said:

I keep getting these little pop ups for just about every sales page right now... getting tiresome.  It's bad enough half the links I click on gives me a gateway error and I have to refresh the page multiple times for the stupid cloud to let me through but now this?  You are shooting yourself in the foot and your published artists with this lame excuse for a store DAZ.  Get with it please!  SHEESH!  

I’ve been getting this a lot too.

• sapatsapat Posts: 1,735
    mr clam said:

Like I said, it's been happening for days, and it's still happening right now. See the latest from just moments ago. I doubt it's cookies, because it happens no matter what computer I use, but I suppose I'll give it a try. 

I get that one all the time.  I log off, close down the tab, reopen and login, and it's usually working then....usually.

• DA KrossDA Kross Posts: 70

It has been happening for me for the past few days.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,141

Yea, I don't hallucinate issues, there is something amiss and regardless of where it's coming from it will hurt business.  I never have this happen on ANY OTHER STORE on the web EVER.  It only ever happens to me here at the DAZ3D store, that's it!  

edited August 2018

wrong quote

edited August 2018
    Chohole said:
    mr clam said:

If it was happening to more than just a few, and had been happening for days then it would have been picked up by now.  There is a whole Daz Forum team that do monitor the forums and we do normally manage pretty much 24 hour coverage between us.  If this had been a regular occurence then we would have pisked up on any comments and have reported it by now.

Does anyone have a link to the other thread mentioned here, because I can't recall one.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/271466/error-502-bad-gateway#latest

• Phoenix1966Phoenix1966 Posts: 1,554
    edited August 2018

Both issues (the cloudflare page and the tiny box instead of a promo image) have been happening to me for 3-4 days. 

Post edited by Phoenix1966 on
  • Both issues. I get Wolff's issue when I click on the second promo image of any store page and the 502 when I try to navigate to a store page from the litlle, green shopping cart button. Been happening ever since the day that the shopping cart went out. A few days ago.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

I got a couple 404 errors, but then that's been pretty commonplace here the last few months.

Laurie

• AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,942

Ha, I actually got a 502 error trying to get into this thread.

And yeah, definitely getting more 502 errors, and the error where most of the images for products won't display. For the past couple of days. Passed on a few "extra" sale items on some older generation 3 products this weekend because I couldn't see the images and decided not to bother.

It started for me on the big every two hour sales day - I messed a few of tehm because of it. And have also passed on buying things becuase I can't see the promo images.