What the heck is going on with the store NOW?

Comments

• SotoSoto Posts: 1,437

Same here on Firefox. Want to check Toon Dwayne stuff, but right now it can´t be done.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,158
    edited August 2018

I clicked on a forum link from the Recent Discussions page. I got Error 502 Bad Gateway. I am using Chrome and I have Adblock Plus active. But I have been using Chrome and Adblock Plus without problems for many months. I have not changed or added any extensions recently. I did not attempt to reload the page after seeing this error. Instead, I came  here to document it.

Screenshot 2018-08-21 02.37.14.png
    1374 x 985 - 90K
    Screenshot 2018-08-21 02.37.48.png
    886 x 699 - 48K
    Post edited by barbult on
  • AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,961

I use Chrome but don't use Adblock, if that helps at all.

Now I clicked on a Daz Store product link. Again I got the 502 Bad Gateway error. Refreshing the page worked that time. This is still in Chrome, just like the previous error I reported.

Screenshot 2018-08-21 02.44.45.png
    1159 x 923 - 90K
  • SummerhorseSummerhorse Posts: 684
    edited August 2018

I just got the Error 502 Bad Gateway when on the Dwayne page trying to click on the Boots for Gen 8. Using Google Chrome.

Edit: No add blockers, page refresh did not help

Post edited by Summerhorse on
  • 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,282

I have started getting 502 errors just today in the UK. I was trying to look at the Facial Hair product and got the 502 from the Dwayne 8 promo screen, tried again, got it again and got in the third time. Then I tried the Hair set, got in but got a little message saying 'Couldn't displace image' when I tried to scroll though the pictures.

Windows 7, IE11, no ad blockers (this is my work laptop and seriously locked down) - like I said, first this happened to me, so the Problem is spreading. And it is only happening on the Daz3D site.

• PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633

I've got them now as well, first time. If you click the "live version" button, you can continue. Looks like there is definitely a CDN / Host communication problem going on here. Seems pretty browser agnostic from what I am reading here.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

I don't have adblockers and the Live Version does NOT work for me. Most of the items in the Pro Bundle are throwing the error. 

• AnotherUserNameAnotherUserName Posts: 2,726
    edited August 2018

Using Firefox, also have Adblock Plus. I clear cookies, caches, etc. religiously.

Today im able to navigate a single product page without errors but as soon as I click away to go back to the shop or another product I start getting 502 errors. If I click "retry for a live version" the store will work long enough for me to again navigate a single product page and then the 502's will start all over again.

The trigger for me seems to be the promo pics. I can go back and forth between store pages just fine. If I click on promo pics however, I start getting 502's as soon as I leave the page im on and have to retry for a live version.

Im not getting "the requested content..." error anymore though. That, I was getting from the promo pics. It was occuring every second promo pic. The first promo pic was fine, but the second (sequentially or not) would throw "the requested content..." error. Not today.

Post edited by AnotherUserName on
  • Virtual_WorldVirtual_World Posts: 1,078

Since yesterday I am having the same problem. My browser is Edge.

RAMWolff said:

I keep getting these little pop ups for just about every sales page right now... getting tiresome.  It's bad enough half the links I click on gives me a gateway error and I have to refresh the page multiple times for the stupid cloud to let me through but now this?  You are shooting yourself in the foot and your published artists with this lame excuse for a store DAZ.  Get with it please!  SHEESH!  

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

*waves to Tosca*  

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited August 2018

I’m on a t-1 at work.  When I went to look at the boots to see if they could be loaded individually I get cloudflare.

i use an iPad with safari browser.

65D1D729-2488-44A5-87D5-045CCB74422F.png
    1536 x 2048 - 334K
    Post edited by Serene Night on
  • E-ArkhamE-Arkham Posts: 733

I've had this happen now and then, but when it does, the behaviour appears to be tied to whether I'm logged in or not.  Firefox 61.0.2 and Chrome.

I will try to go to a store page, it will grind for a bit like it's trying to load, and then I get the Cloud Flare 502 error.  Then I try to go to the forums, the forums load (possibly cached), immediately I see "logging you in" and I get the 502 error again.

There have been times when I have not been logged in and the forums and store load fine (even forcing a hard refresh of those pages), but if I try to log in, I get the 502 error.  And times when I'm logged in on Firefox, a store item fails to load and I see the 502, but on Chrome when I'm not logged in, I can see the item fine -- until I log in on Chrome, and suddenly I get the 502.

I keep my wishlist in a seperate bookmark (nothing fancy, just - https://www.daz3d.com/wishlist#order=price^-1&filtered=1 ; ), and I often end up getting bounced to the front page as if I wasn't logged in even if I go there while I was already logged in and browsing the store or forums.  After that happens, if I even just click on the forums, I'll automatically get logged in and will be able to see the wishlist.  I'm wondering if these are related issues.

I've already cleared my cookies and cache multiple times, but I still get both of these issues occasionally.

• Hmmm... I'm not aware of any reason that there should have been any errors today, but let me dig into it.  Thank you for the heads up!

• Virtual_WorldVirtual_World Posts: 1,078
    edited August 2018
    RAMWolff said:

*waves to Tosca*  

Waves to Ramwollf !!!

smiley

Post edited by Virtual_World on
    DAZ_Steve said:

Hmmm... I'm not aware of any reason that there should have been any errors today, but let me dig into it.  Thank you for the heads up!

Oh, to clarify, the latest time this happened to me would have been just before 2:33 am EST this morning (I was buying a product so I can narrow it down exactly, haha).

• E-Arkham said:
    DAZ_Steve said:

Hmmm... I'm not aware of any reason that there should have been any errors today, but let me dig into it.  Thank you for the heads up!

Oh, to clarify, the latest time this happened to me would have been just before 2:33 am EST this morning (I was buying a product so I can narrow it down exactly, haha).

Okay.  Thank you for the additional info.

• PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633
    The trigger for me seems to be the promo pics.

This. If I click the promo pics, it will say it's unable to load. The first one loads nicely, but moving on to the next, I get an error. Shortly after, the 502 error from CloudFlare.

• DAZ_RawbDAZ_Rawb Posts: 817

Can someone who is having problems try pinging www.daz3d.com and tell me what IP is coming up for www.daz3d.com, it will let me know what node on the CDN you are using and will let me attempt to figure out if there is a network issue between our servers and that node.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,082
    edited August 2018

If you have no idea what @DAZ_Rawb said, then visit https://www.daz3d.com/cdn-cgi/trace and post the line that starts with "colo"

Post edited by Ati on
    Pinging www.daz3d.com [104.16.66.59] with 32 bytes of data:Reply from 104.16.66.59: bytes=32 time=24ms TTL=54Reply from 104.16.66.59: bytes=32 time=25ms TTL=54Reply from 104.16.66.59: bytes=32 time=24ms TTL=54Reply from 104.16.66.59: bytes=32 time=25ms TTL=54Ping statistics for 104.16.66.59:    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:    Minimum = 24ms, Maximum = 25ms, Average = 24ms

I'm not currently noticing any problems.  Last time was about 12 hours ago (as mentioned already).  Everything on the site is feeling very responsive.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited August 2018

Ping results.

7D399D7E-82FE-4784-BC16-64FDDB3C7ECC.png
    1536 x 2048 - 211K
    Post edited by Serene Night on
    edited August 2018
    PING www.daz3d.com (104.16.65.59): 56 data bytes<br /> 64 bytes from 104.16.65.59: seq=0 ttl=53 time=35.103 ms<br /> 64 bytes from 104.16.65.59: seq=1 ttl=53 time=26.170 ms<br /> 64 bytes from 104.16.65.59: seq=2 ttl=53 time=28.447 ms<br /> 64 bytes from 104.16.65.59: seq=3 ttl=53 time=27.245 ms<br /> 64 bytes from 104.16.65.59: seq=4 ttl=53 time=26.040 ms
    --- www.daz3d.com ping statistics ---<br /> 5 packets transmitted, 5 packets received, 0% packet loss<br /> round-trip min/avg/max = 26.040/28.601/35.103 ms

This data is from my Windows 10 computer. My most recent 502 error was on my phone about 30 minutes ago, but I don't know how to ping from my phone.

Sorry, I can't get this to format correctly after pasting it in.

And here is the info from Ati's link:

fl=17f50
    h=www.daz3d.com
    ip=97.102.190.233
    ts=1534872664.097
    visit_scheme=https
    uag=Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/68.0.3440.106 Safari/537.36
    colo=MIA
    spdy=h2
    http=h2
    loc=US
    Post edited by barbult on

Thanks for your help, unfortunately it seems like cloudflare is being fancy with their BGP routing tables, so even if I attempt to trace the connection between the servers and your local cloudflare node it just sends me to the cloudflare node closest to my server. So, not helpful.

I have the datacenter people looking in to it as well and they have tried some changes, so if you are still getting the 502's please speak up.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,082

Pinging www.daz3d.com [104.16.66.59]

Just had the error when viewing a gallery image and trying to click the like button: https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/630696/

Nothing happens when clicking the like button, reloading the page gives a bad gateway cloudflare error.

Using the "BUD" node on cloudflare. Otherwise, no errors, though.

• Getting this constantly for the last hour or so, and making it impossible to shop.

• Ati said:

Pinging www.daz3d.com [104.16.66.59]

Just had the error when viewing a gallery image and trying to click the like button: https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/630696/

Nothing happens when clicking the like button, reloading the page gives a bad gateway cloudflare error.

Using the "BUD" node on cloudflare. Otherwise, no errors, though.

Why do I get the feeling that this is a plan to get us all to clikc the like button on that image? ;)

J/K thanks for help everyone! :)

Getting this constantly for the last hour or so, and making it impossible to shop.

Are you still seeing it on the site right now? Or have the changes worked?

I just now got the 502 error when clicking on a forum link. Reloading the page worked OK. Windows 10, Chrome.

The datacenter people are going to try making some more adjustments to the machines above my control. Should be about an hour, I'll keep you all informed.