I got it because of a tree Complaint Thread

Comments

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    No Complaints or Non-Complaints from me today, just Bad News/Good News.

The bad news: my Jack Russell Terrier (name: Jack Russell Terrier) died of old age this morning. I was petting and talking to him when he took his last 3 deep breaths and died. He was a legacy dog who belonged to my Dad and Mom. He never seemed to act like he thought he was my dog, and although I took very good care of Jack, I never thought that I loved him more than I love all domestic animals in general.
    Then he died this morning and proved me wrong.

The good news: Some of you may remember that my Mom has Alzheimer's and lives in a nursing home.
    For the last two weeks she was recovering from pneumonia and then developed another bladder infection.
    During that time she was eating very little and only improved to eating 25% of her meals last week, although her fluid intake was good. This weekend, she began eating 100% again.

I am very sorry to hear that Jack passed away. My tears are with you.
    \
    The news about your mom is great though. I pray that she continues to eat and improve.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    what if a long deprivation of milkyways turns me into a bitter old shrew? i don't want to be a biddy. not sure exactly what it means, but i'm sure i don't wanna be one.
    Here just so you can be sure.
    bid·dy

/ˈbidē/

Noun

A woman, usually an elderly one, regarded as annoying or interfering.

Hey! Quit talking about me like that. i work very hard to maintain my reputation as the meanest woman in the neighborhood. Don't pick my flowers. Keep your dog out of my yard. You kids quit running across my grass.

edited December 1969

SNAKE FARM! It just sounds nasty!
    SNAKE FARM! It pretty much is!
    SNAKE FARM! It's a reptile house!
    SNAKE FARM! Uuuuhhhh... :ahhh: :ahhh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jNWPUFNA2U

My new theme song! :coolsmile:

Have you been to the Snake Farm down 35? Any time you want to go see it, just let me know. I'll drive you down there, but you'll have to go in by yourself. I'll just wait in the car.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited August 2013

Sunny dayz.

wuh ohs - Heat advisory for Austin. too hot to leave buppies outside

brewing up Dark Roast Sumatra. i hopes this cawffee doesn't put hair on my chest. lol

7 days without a candybar.

next step is to increase my daily water intake. 2 cups of water for every cup of coffee. sippss all day

130806-austin.JPG
    784 x 584 - 80K
    130806.JPG
    732 x 458 - 55K
    Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    tjohn said:
    Ready for this? Shortly after my last post I stood up carefully, took about 4 steps and fell straight down on my tailbone. I didn't slip or trip, just went straight down onto my hardwood living room floor. I panicked for a while because I have a long history of back trouble including surgery for 2 ruptured discs. Then I slowly got up on my feet and started taking inventory.
    Back pain? Check, but not above my usual tolerable level.
    Muscle spasms? Oh, yeah...plenty. All the way across the right side of my mid back all the way around to my abdomen. But nothing truly scream-worthy.
    Can I walk? Yes, with the pain actually diminishing a bit while walking. OK good as this kinda crap gets really. Coulda been much worse.
    So I hobble out to have a little dinner and pick up some products to help.

I'm sitting here now with an Icy Hot patch on my back (helping) with a gel pad cooling in the freezer. I added a Diazepam (prescription for my occasional muscle spasms) to my regular meds and things seem to be easing off a bit. And how are you? :lol:
    I try not to use Diazepam very often, as that is one of those meds that have diminishing returns on effectiveness if overused.

One last complaint. Why do the stores always put the products made to help with back pain on the freaking bottom shelf?! >:-(

Oh noes, hopes that is getting better by now

ouchie boo boos, :kiss: make better :kiss: :kiss: extra :kiss: for good luck :)

edited December 1969

IT BEGINS!! >:D

Oh my, lookie what I found! :)

guard that cornbread. !! remember what happened last time

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    ...in the meantime, Leela Flutterby Drop.

Wow, KK! That is truly beautiful!

Yah! worth the wait :)

edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    Jaderail said:
    what if a long deprivation of milkyways turns me into a bitter old shrew? i don't want to be a biddy. not sure exactly what it means, but i'm sure i don't wanna be one.
    Here just so you can be sure.
    bid·dy

/ˈbidē/

Noun

A woman, usually an elderly one, regarded as annoying or interfering.

Hey! Quit talking about me like that. i work very hard to maintain my reputation as the meanest woman in the neighborhood. Don't pick my flowers. Keep your dog out of my yard. You kids quit running across my grass.

;-)

edited August 2013

Buzy buzy, gotta earn a living today. powerball lotto is up to 400 millions. talk about retirement!

i guess i'm here by myself this morning. sigh

milkyway can't be my best friend anymore.

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:

Have you been to the Snake Farm down 35? Any time you want to go see it, just let me know. I'll drive you down there, but you'll have to go in by yourself. I'll just wait in the car.

I had no idea there was one there! I'll definitely consider it - I'll pay for gas and food for you, even! :coolsmile:

Not this weekend, though - I need to sleep all weekend, work stress.. blech. :down:

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...in the meantime, Leela Flutterby Drop.

Amazing! Excellent work! :coolsmile: :cheese:

edited December 1969

Meeting, meetings, meeting about meetings, then a meeting about having meetings about meetings. It gets pretty meta here. :blank:

Another day it's supposed to break 100f. Yecch. Too darn hot! :blank:

Feh, back to.. another meeting. :blank:

edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:

I had no idea there was one there! I'll definitely consider it - I'll pay for gas and food for you, even! :coolsmile:

Not this weekend, though - I need to sleep all weekend, work stress.. blech. :down:

My first visit was in '61 or '62, probably spring of '62. Health comes first, so rest and whenever you want to go exploring off the bus line, let me know. I particularly like seeing new placed.

edited August 2013

AtticAnne said:
    AtticAnne said:

My first visit was in '61 or '62, probably spring of '62. Health comes first, so rest and whenever you want to go exploring off the bus line, let me know. I particularly like seeing new placed.

I'll definitely take you up on that! Thanks a ton, here are some interesting places around here but they're nowhere near a bus...

Googled the Snake Farm - wow - interesting place. More than snakes there too! :)

:coolsmile: :cheese:

Post edited by Woolyloach on
    edited August 2013

He has a tardis on his desk

i should prolly try not to use this thread and forum as a crutch for lonsomesness.

i have an office plant, named Luissa, she seems to perk her leaves when i talk to her.

tardis.JPG
    335 x 356 - 24K
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,501
    edited December 1969

...and he's not afraid to use it.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,060
    edited December 1969

i should prolly try not to use this thread and forum as a crutch for lonsomesness.

i have an office plant, named Luissa, she seems to perk her leaves when i talk to her.

Say "Hi!" to Luissa for me!

Dana

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,586
    edited December 1969

I am seeing if my old desktop needs any updates. It still uses XP. Don't know if I can run eight since it is only a 32 bit system.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited December 1969

Lonesome is job 1 here! :)
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,166
    edited December 1969

I am seeing if my old desktop needs any updates. It still uses XP. Don't know if I can run eight since it is only a 32 bit system.

If its still using XP I doubt the system specs aren't up to running 8

edited December 1969

Lunch time! :) Beef stick and sharp cheddar cheese! :cheese: Perfect for when it's freaking burning hout outside. :blank:

91F and getting hotter. Ugh.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited December 1969

Lunch time! :) Beef stick and sharp cheddar cheese! :cheese: Perfect for when it's freaking burning hout outside. :blank:

75F here (indoors). :)
    Back is not well, but much better.
    A big TY to all the sympathies. It helps, it really does. :)
  • RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

I had tuna fish on whole wheat English muffin lil' mayo and lettuce.

edited December 1969

...another near 90° day here.

edited December 1969

tjohn said:

75F here (indoors). :)
    Back is not well, but much better.
    A big TY to all the sympathies. It helps, it really does. :)

Keep getting better! :)

edited December 1969

Rareth said:

I had tuna fish on whole wheat English muffin lil' mayo and lettuce.

Sounds tasty! Maybe I'll get a fish sandwich for dinner. :)

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

That's plenty toasty for Summer! :)

edited December 1969

...no stranger to back pain here. Have it everyday, just muddle through it the best I can.

edited August 2013

Kyoto Kid said:

That's plenty toasty for Summer! :)

..yeah, that's warm enough for here, Though it has been known to break 100°. 3 years ago we came within 1° of our all time record high (107°) twice. Had thirty four days of temps at 90°or above including 6 of 100° of more that summer. Then the next couple it rained almost into the middle of July one year we didn't hit 90° until the last weekend in August.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Fog Camera Testing, (a.k.a. no idea how they got the blue sky in the promo..)

TrollinFog.jpg
    800 x 800 - 204K
This discussion has been closed.