I got it because of a tree Complaint Thread

Comments

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited December 1969

Rareth said:
    Fog Camera Testing, (a.k.a. no idea how they got the blue sky in the promo..)

There's some kind of Density adjustment for the fog isn't there? And then you can change the color of fog to light blue as well?
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,703
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    I am seeing if my old desktop needs any updates. It still uses XP. Don't know if I can run eight since it is only a 32 bit system.

If its still using XP I doubt the system specs aren't up to running 8

Okay thanks.

• RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Rareth said:

There's some kind of Density adjustment for the fog isn't there? And then you can change the color of fog to light blue as well?

The volume camera has density adjustments as well as color and turbulence

Fog basically just has on or off, distance, and color.

edited December 1969

is it possible to get a second hdd for an xp desktop?

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

I only eat brunch. Well, I actually call it FirstMeal. It depends on if I get up in the morning or can't get up until the afternoon. Even then, I have to take my omeprazole for acid reflux 30 minutes before I eat. So I check my email for the forums notifications, and usually it's at least an hour before I go eat.

Dana

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,576
    edited December 1969

...nice pic.

I'm wondering if it wasn't composited then. Kind of a pain as if I use a neutral background and thne past over a sky background in PSP the reflectivity on one of the main props does not pick up the sky.

So back to experimenting with my original skydomes. Having to make a lot of adjustments. Figured out to eliminate the grid I have to use my own UE sphere however thatreqired messing with the Cloud9 Uber Helper and Uber Specular (Uber Distant lights) as I don;t have any of the other UE light plugins. As I mentioned, If I substitute my own Distant and Specular lights in the same position with the same intensity settings the scene comes out too dark.

edited December 1969

What are these fog cameras you guys keep talking about? Is it in DS? Is it included or something extra you have to buy? I have Fog Tool Deluxe III, but I've never used it yet.

Dana

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,387
    edited December 1969

You can put as many hard drives as you have connections for. Most PC's come with the capability to have 2

edited December 1969

Of course! I have three. Two 1 TB drives and one 500 Gig drive. It might depend on your box, though. Some commercial boxes have only the support they sell it with. Though I think most motherboards have support for at least two hard drives these days. Also, do you have ATA or SATA support, be sure to find that out. SATA is better, because it uses these thin cables, so airflow in the case is much better. ATA ribbon cables block a lot of airflow.

Dana

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:

You can put as many hard drives as you have connections for. Most PC's come with the capability to have 2

You can also get an extra SATA card, which would support two or more extra drives...if you have an open slot.

Dana

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,387
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Frank0314 said:

You can also get an extra SATA card, which would support two or more extra drives...if you have an open slot.

Dana

Sure can.

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    What are these fog cameras you guys keep talking about? Is it in DS? Is it included or something extra you have to buy? I have Fog Tool Deluxe III, but I've never used it yet.

Dana

Age of Armor's Atmospheric Effects Cameras, available from DAZ3D

• SiscaSisca Posts: 875
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

Dana

I'm pretty sure they're talking about Age of Armour's Atmospheric Cameras at least that picture is from the help file

I'm playing around with them as well. Working on trying to duplicate the spot light effect in this image for the volume camera

volumetric_lights.jpg
    800 x 340 - 40K
    edited December 1969

Rareth said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

Does it work with DS4.6?

edited December 1969

Rareth said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

Does it work with DS4.6?

The atmospheric effects cameras, yes they work with DS4.6 its what I use.

edited December 1969

Sisca said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

I'm pretty sure they're talking about Age of Armour's Atmospheric Cameras at least that picture is from the help file

I'm playing around with them as well. Working on trying to duplicate the spot light effect in this image for the volume camera

you mean like this?

volume-camera-lightcone.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 188K
    edited December 1969

Rareth said:
    Rareth said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

Does it work with DS4.6?

The atmospheric effects cameras, yes they work with DS4.6 its what I use.

Okay hopefully I can get it next time it goes on sale.

edited December 1969

Rareth said:
    Sisca said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

you mean like this?

Pretty much. I've got a scene with a character in a spotlight but some other stuff visible around her. I want the volume effect of the area in the spotlight but everything else to be clear though darker since it's not as well lit.

Even rendering at low quality this thing adds a ton of time to the render so I have to tweak something and then wait then tweak more.

One question - is the volume fog also impacted by other lights say a specular only spot and a UE2 for ambient?

edited December 1969

Thanks Rareth and Sisca. Another pay item I'll have to wait for. I've got to try out the Fog Tool some day...after all, I paid for it. :red:

Dana

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Rareth said:

...there is, it's a hidden setting (Fog multiplier), however there is nothing in the tutorial that mentions using or adjusting it. It is set at a fixed default of 25 (though the parameter settings can be changed).

Did discover what caused the gridlines in the skydome though. Seems it is tied to the Occlusion colour of the base UE sphere. If it is set to anything but white (255, 255, 255) the lines show up. While the Cloud9 UE sphere has this set to black, it is offset by a 100% ambient setting with the ambient colour, white.

edited December 1969

Sisca said:
    Rareth said:
    Sisca said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

you mean like this?

Pretty much. I've got a scene with a character in a spotlight but some other stuff visible around her. I want the volume effect of the area in the spotlight but everything else to be clear though darker since it's not as well lit.

Even rendering at low quality this thing adds a ton of time to the render so I have to tweak something and then wait then tweak more.

One question - is the volume fog also impacted by other lights say a specular only spot and a UE2 for ambient?

I don't know about the specular only spot, but I think UE2 ambient adds to the volumetric effect, i.e. could make more of the "fog/smoke" visible where you don't really want it visible.

and yeah High Quality on the volume camera can really kill render times.

edited December 1969

...hah, think I got it.

Used one of my Azure Skies domes (Desert - sky only) Set the diffuse to 80 %. Set the Ambient to 100% (Light Blue). Then adjusted the Base UE sphere for the Cloud 9 Lights to 150% Intensity Scale with the occlusion colour set to a light grey which eliminated the grid lines.

Unfortunately. to see the results one has to have access to the Members Only forum as it is my entry for this month's PC challenge.

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I need to play with volumetrics.. I think that'll be the next couple of days worth of fun, volumetric lights and fog!!! :coolsmile:

Probably horrible render times, but em.. it looks cool! :smirk:

More coffee.. ssnnzzz

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited December 1969

Rareth said:
    tjohn said:
    Rareth said:

Distance will give you the appearance of density. The further away from the camera the fog begins, the less dense the fog appears, I think. Try the Haze preset for the Fog Camera and you'll see what I mean.
    I'm still experimenting myself, so I could be way off. I mean, there's an online manual I could read, but where's the Fun in that? :lol:

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Rareth said:
    tjohn said:
    Rareth said:

Distance will give you the appearance of density. The further away from the camera the fog begins, the less dense the fog appears, I think. Try the Haze preset for the Fog Camera and you'll see what I mean.
    I'm still experimenting myself, so I could be way off. I mean, there's an online manual I could read, but where's the Fun in that? :lol:

There are presets? hmm will take a look at those once the current render is done..

edited December 1969

...yes there are a number of presets that are in a subfolder.

edited December 1969

I was looking at a list of resources and one of them was Daz3d. I keep seeing ads for Daz lately. I have been a member there before. Maybe I can look into again.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Rareth said:
    Lunch time! :) Beef stick and sharp cheddar cheese! :cheese: Perfect for when it's freaking burning hout outside. :blank:

91F and getting hotter. Ugh.

I had tuna fish on whole wheat English muffin lil' mayo and lettuce. LOL! I love it. It was pointed out in the Stupid about tuna.
    People say I had a tuna fish sandwich but nobody says I had a chicken bird sandwich.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Rareth said:
    Lunch time! :) Beef stick and sharp cheddar cheese! :cheese: Perfect for when it's freaking burning hout outside. :blank:

91F and getting hotter. Ugh.

I had tuna fish on whole wheat English muffin lil' mayo and lettuce.

LOL! I love it. It was pointed out in the Stupid about tuna.
    People say I had a tuna fish sandwich but nobody says I had a chicken bird sandwich.

And remember You can tune a piano but you can't tuna fish

edited December 1969

Results of experiments with the Gamma Correction and Gamma Slider features of DS4.6

Gamma-test-wSpec2a.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 289K
This discussion has been closed.